Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

+1 for Friendly for Facebook.

I'd like to use something like Friendly for Facebook but anytime you try to install any Facebook app it gives you that notification that it's gonna start posting crap in your timeline and access your details. Which I don't want.
    Pain in the hole.

That's just it posting the stuff you want to post for you. Updates, photos, feeds etc. It works just like facebook. No dodgy stuff as far as I can see, nothing gets posted that you don't tell it to post. I think that warning is cause it just has to let you know that it will be accessing your account on your behalf.

Try it out, it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone install 4.2 yet and still have filmon working? I'm not updating if this is not supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

moz wrote: »
    Anyone install 4.2 yet and still have filmon working? I'm not updating if this is not supported.

I installed 4.2 last night but I couldn't get filmOn working. I couldn't get sky mobile tv working either. Thought it was my internet connection, I'll try again at lunchtime and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I installed 4.2 last night but I couldn't get filmOn working. I couldn't get sky mobile tv working either. Thought it was my internet connection, I'll try again at lunchtime and let you know.

Filmon not working on 4.2 neither...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Filmon has not worked with any of the various 4.2 flavours ( though it does with iPhone). Neither does France24, BFMTV and Tunemark (until this morning). Sky Mobile has always warned that it does not work and I assume they will shortly issue an update now that 4.2.1 is officially here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Nope, they're not working.

If I knew they wouldn't work on 4.2 I wouldn't have bothered updating.

Hope they sort it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Judge halts FilmOn service:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118027910

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Still working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anyone who is remotely interested in American Sports should pick up "TheScore", great app and it does have other mainstream sports.

• Advertisement

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Nope, they're not working.

If I knew they wouldn't work on 4.2 I wouldn't have bothered updating.

Hope they sort it out soon.

Filmon is now working on iPad in 4.2.1 and appears to have acquired even more channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Mine doesn't appear to be working..

Edit: just tried filmon again, and it's working fine now. Sweet!

/edit.

Working fine in safari for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Settlers HD is down from 9.99 to 79c! Bargain thanks to appshopper!!

Settlers HD is down from 9.99 to 79c! Bargain thanks to appshopper!!

- Iron Man 2 for iPad
    - Splinter Cell Conviction™ HD
    - Shrek Forever After : The Game HD
    - Hero of Sparta 2 HD
    - Brothers In Arms® 2: Global Front HD
    - The Settlers HD
    - Let's Golf! 2 HD
    - Shrek Kart ® HD

All in on that deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Just up updated my iPad flimon still working new channels added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Wow, just used filmon for the first time! Amazing site. Does anyone know how heavy this would be on the download cap? Have a 3GB cap on my 3g sim plan at the moment.

Also, is it possible to access US channels without setting up a VPN?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It will be quite heavy, probably between 175MB and 350MB an hour but your mileage may vary and since its designed for a mobile app, they might be doing some clever compression on it but still.... its going to eat through your limit. Best to check with your provider and see how much you used....

DeV.

moz wrote: »

Am steering clear of it, at least for now. Multitasking isn't worth all the hassle while the bugs are ironed out of it, and there really isn't much more on offer than that. Besides, apple support is not great if you run into a problem, so if it ain't broke....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I installed 4.2 last night (my god but that was a long install, 4-5 hours of backup and then about 30 minutes of install in total).

Filmon works fine, I decided to have a recheck of the quality to check my answer above. Tbh, I would have to reduce my estimate there, I would say its probably more abour 60-100 mb an hour... it isnt a particularly high quality stream.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

DeVore wrote: »
    I installed 4.2 last night (my god but that was a long install, 4-5 hours of backup and then about 30 minutes of install in total).

Filmon works fine, I decided to have a recheck of the quality to check my answer above. Tbh, I would have to reduce my estimate there, I would say its probably more abour 60-100 mb an hour... it isnt a particularly high quality stream.

DeV.

My install took about 20mins. How often do you backup? Further 10mins to rejailbreak and that was all. Filmon works fine for me too and I think your correct with your estimate.

I hadnt backed up before that as I dont really keep any information that I care about on the iPad, its purely for browsing/gaming for me...

I didnt know that 4.2 was jailbreakable?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

DeVore wrote: »
    I hadnt backed up before that as I dont really keep any information that I care about on the iPad, its purely for browsing/gaming for me...

I didnt know that 4.2 was jailbreakable?

DeV.

But if your ipad goes into safe mode for instance or you need to do a restore, if you don't restore from a backup you will have to start from scratch which is tiring a time consuming. You don't necessarily need to have important info on it. Each to his own though.

Anyway, yep 4.2.1 is jailbreakable. Using redsnow you can perform a tethered jailbreak which is what I have done for my iPad and iPhone. I would rarely update my iOS unless it was jailbreakable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Wait for a better jailbreak to come out, I did mine yesterday and ended up with no safari and cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I can't seem to run veetle or film on on my iPad after a couple of seconds the streams just freeze :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I can't seem to run veetle or film on on my iPad after a couple of seconds the streams just freeze :(

Filmon won't work on iPads. Don't know about veetle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I had hassle with filmon after installing 4.2 until I restarted the iPad.

Fine now though with more channels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Never had a problem with Filmon on my iPad.

Join Ireland Weather Network

jakdublin wrote: »
    Filmon won't work on iPads. Don't know about veetle

¿Que? It works fine since 4.2.1.

• Advertisement

Filmon is an amazing app/site. Thanks for the tip, it really adds a lot of value to the iPad.

I'm not that bothered about watching any of the xxx channels, but I've noticed that they appear on my iPhone but not on my iPad. Is there somewhere that you can customise the list of channels? I'm wondering if I'm missing anything else.

Advertisement