Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You sure I can? On the iPad anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Cyrus wrote: »
    You sure I can? On the iPad anyway

Actually, I can now. Can't remember if it was the iPad or one of my Macs I tried earlier but it came up and said my isp was blocked and it named the servers Blackvpn use.
    Funny that. But I'm happy I posted now. Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

BlackVPN never sent me a confirmation email after I paid them. Load of sh1te :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

swingking wrote: »
    BlackVPN never sent me a confirmation email after I paid them. Load of sh1te :mad::mad:

Why not email them? They are quick to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If, like me, you watch a lot of TV, then iTV Shows HD is a must-have!

photoq.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

basquille wrote:
    If, like me, you watch a lot of TV, then iTV Shows HD is a must-have!

Don't seem to be able to set it to first broadcasts outside the US so only useful for downloaders. Shame, could have been good.

Don't seem to be able to set it to first broadcasts outside the US so only useful for downloaders. Shame, could have been good.
    Yeah.. it'll pick up British / Irish productions without a problem for their first airing on British / Irish TV (e.g picked up 'The IT Crowd' and 'Sherlock' correctly).

But anything US-produced is using it's next airing in the States - maybe that'll be fixed in a future revision but I wouldn't say it's likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 V1P3R

FastPDF is faster than GoodReader, there's a comparison video on the FastPDF site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Productivity.
    - iThoughtsHD
    - Pages
    - Keynote
    - Numbers
    - IM+
    - VNC
    - RDP
    - Tweetdeck
    - DropBox

Reading
    - ComicZeal
    - iBooks
    - Stanza
    - Flipboard
    - Atomic Web Browser

Games and leisure
    - Sketchbook
    - Need for Speed Shift (really shows off the gfx engine)
    - Plants vs Zombies
    - Starwalk
    - Google Earth

I have a fair few other things but these are the best I've found so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

I've just been playing around with an app called Uzu.
    really cool :) worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Probably been mentioned already but there is a great app called TVListings.co.uk, that shows TV schedule based on your region and also has Remote Record functionality if you are a Sky+ subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

How do I download the abc player app and hulu+ app?

They don't seem to show up when I do a search in the app store.

MikeySligo wrote: »
    How do I download the abc player app and hulu+ app?

They don't seem to show up when I do a search in the app store.
    You need to download them in the US App Store - sign up for a US account with a new e-mail address / ID by clicking a free app in the US store (this way, you won't require a US credit card).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Thought I'd add mine so far ...

Adobe Ideas
    Speedtest
    GQ Magazine
    Wired
    Evo Magazine
    dirt Magazine
    Retro Ford
    Performance BMW
    Guardian Eyewitness
    NYT Editors Choice
    Associated Press
    Zinio (Probably the widest range of magazines on the iPad)
    BBC News
    Eurosport
    Airvideo
    Flipboard
    Dropbox
    Touchgrind HD
    Real Racing HD
    Plants Vs Zombies HD
    Eirtest
    IMDB
    Night of the Living Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bosco9871

Xvid app for ipad
    Excellent app for watching xvids on your iPad. Just take mins to upload then play from the cinexvid app. It's so easy. It's called cinexplayer

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Plants Vs Zombies, which is just great fun and as addictive as all hell!

Fieldrunners which is a classic tower defence game and tough but very enjoyable.

Frict, a simple and yet frustratingly hard iPhone ap which works great on the iPad

Catan, iPhone app and it shows but its still a great conversion of the boardgame

BBC News, very much part of my daily routine now. Just a fantastic app.

Google Maps,..... WOOoooooooooooooooooooo, I can spin the world!! Ok, not hugely useful but terrific fun from time to time :)

Lock and Roll.... brain bending dice and strategy game. Kills minutes one at a time!

DeV.

Plants Vs Zombies isn't worth the money IMO. It's far too pricey for the experience you get with the game. It's the easiest tower defence I have ever played, I breezed through the whole adventure, story mode with no trouble at all. So little strategy is needed even on the later levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Times for iPad is a pretty interesting newsreader, looks like it is going for a look & feel very similar to Flipboard, but without the social features.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

N.O.V.A. - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD
    Gameloft

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/ie/app/n-o-v-a-near-orbit-vanguard/id363875948?mt=8#ls=1

€0.79 FPS pretty good stuff, takes a bit of getting used to but some nice features.

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Agreed - NOVA is pretty good for the price

Also recommend Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Graphics arent up to much - just slightly better than the iPhone version but still good fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bosco9871 wrote: »
    Xvid app for ipad
    Excellent app for watching xvids on your iPad. Just take mins to upload then play from the cinexvid app. It's so easy. It's called cinexplayer

awesome app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Just found an app called MagCloud. Its another (free) magazine reader, but its for indie content, and all mags in the app are free (for now). Advise you d/l app and grab some interesting reads while they are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Talking Tom Cat is brilliant

Any suggestions for a Instant Messenger type app?

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I tried the Cinexplayer and found that it would randomly not play certain files. I'll wait for an update and try it again but will stick with Airvideo for the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Any suggestions for a Instant Messenger type app?

IM+ is great -has a built in browser. costs about 8euro but theres a free version with ads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Keithm89 wrote: »
    IM+ is great -has a built in browser. costs about 8euro but theres a free version with ads

got the free one thanks work great
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pcboy

Avatar is currently on sale €0.79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

Anyone have any idea why my cinxplayer wont work? I have loads of .avi files and they load into player fine but when I click on them to play them it just says cannot play this time. Anyyone else getting this? any idea whats wrong?

More than likely its the audio format, cinexplayer doesn't support AC3.
    You could download a program called Gspot and check what encoder is being used for audio and video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

Cool thanks I'll check that out later when I'm home from work

Advertisement