Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point Village Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

That's really nasty . East Wall has a very diverse population. It is a huge up and coming area, many children in the area are from different backgrounds and lots of young professionals in the area also.
    Oh, great point. Perhaps we should stall all development in the city both commercial and residential, in case it impacts on the education of East Wall children. I'm sure the educational attainment of the East wall residents is absolutely vital to the future knowledge economy of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Gone a bit off topic here, can we go back to the shopping centre please? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Appears to be some signage for a pizza place going in too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the cinema must be losing money hand over fist even if they had no rent to pay

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

L1011 wrote: »
    Appears to be some signage for a pizza place going in too

Must be http://martinos.ie/

NEW RESTAURANT COMING SOON!!
    COMING SOON TO POINT VILLAGE, DUBLIN. FOR MORE INFO CONTACT CONOR AT 0857271991""

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Must be http://martinos.ie/

NEW RESTAURANT COMING SOON!!
    COMING SOON TO POINT VILLAGE, DUBLIN. FOR MORE INFO CONTACT CONOR AT 0857271991""

They've had that on their site for over two years. Wasn't them.

L1011 wrote: »
    They've had that on their site for over two years. Wasn't them.

Which unit are you seeing that in? Just had a quick look but couldnt find any movement.

Ruby's is opening I'm told in October.

http://rubys.ie

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Ruby's is opening I'm told in October.

http://rubys.ie

Just saw it, very nice selection of places to eat and drink, I hope this gets a supermarket and a few retailers to open up in there soon.

edit: and possibly Dunes stores http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/dunnes-tells-court-point-village-money-hinges-on-high-class-tenants-1.3062397

They need to make it a destination. It'll be difficult for the first non-food store, I was thinking HEMA might be interesting but probably not high end enough but it's quirky.

http://www.hemashop.com
    Just saw it, very nice selection of places to eat and drink, I hope this gets a supermarket and a few retailers to open up in there soon.

edit: and possibly Dunes stores http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/dunnes-tells-court-point-village-money-hinges-on-high-class-tenants-1.3062397

• Advertisement

gizmo81 wrote: »
    They need to make it a destination. It'll be difficult for the first non-food store, I was thinking HEMA might be interesting but probably not high end enough but it's quirky.

http://www.hemashop.com

The Cinema and 3 Arena do have the power to attract people to make a day out of it, some shopping, dinner and show could be attractive and much close than dundrum for the City people but will probably be a few years if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

The construction of Dublin's tallest office building - 'The Exo' at Point Square in Dublin's docklands - has moved a step closer following the issue of a tender for the appointment of a building contractor to deliver the development.
    Savills and CBRE have been instructed by joint receivers Stephen Tennant and Paul McCann of Grant Thornton to seek pre-letting agreements with tenants for the building which upon completion will reach a height of 73m (239 ft) and have the capacity to acccommodate up to 2,000 office workers.
    While the Exo's height may yet be eclipsed by Johnny Ronan's proposed development of an 88m (290 ft) office tower adjoining Tara Street railway station, the north docklands scheme will see the creation of some 350 jobs during its construction phase, which it is anticipated will take approximately 24 months at a cost of €70m.

Planning permission for the 15,800 sq m (170,000 sq ft, net lettable) LEED Gold office building was approved in March 2016, less than six months after the application was submitted to Dublin City Council.
    The speed at which planning approval was achieved is being viewed within the property industry as evidence that the designation of the area as a Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) has worked.

An 'SDZ' designation allows for the fast-track delivery of new residential and non-residential development in locations of strategic importance within the Greater Dublin Area.
    Point Square (formerly known as Point Village) is one of only a handful of locations where taller buildings are permitted in Dublin. The Exo, which is designed by Irish architectural practice Shay Cleary Architects, responds to the design brief set out in the SDZ Planning Scheme and reflects the importance of this site within the wider Dublin docklands.

The docklands area has benefited significantly from Dublin's economic recovery in recent years, with demand for commercial and retail space growing rapidly.
    In 2014, Yahoo moved its EMEA headquarters, which employs 375 workers to Point Square. The success of the 3Arena concert venue meanwhile has helped make the Gibson Hotel one of the most popular hotels in the City, while the Odeon Cinema, which opened in 2012, continues to grow audience numbers. In addition, Starbucks, Eddie Rockets, Ruby's Bar & Grill and Bunzl, have all either opened or are about to open new stores at The Point Square Shopping Centre.

Commenting on the latest move to progress the Exo building's development, Stephen Tennant of Grant Thornton said: "We are delighted to get this project off the ground and look forward to seeing it through to completion. Our first priority is to secure a main building contractor who can deliver a quality scheme on-time and on-budget."
    Savills chairman Roland O'Connell said: "The Exo will provide the most spectacular workspace in the city. Its accessibility is unrivalled, with the Luas stopping outside and the Port Tunnel providing quick access to the M50 and a 15 minute trip to Dublin Airport - surely one of the quickest airport links in the world."

Referring to the level of interest that the Exo has already generated, CBRE executive director of office agency, Mark Smyth, said: "Since planning approval was granted for the development of the Exo, we have had numerous enquiries from both local and international office occupiers, all of whom are interested in being part of an area of Dublin that has been completely rejuvenated."
    With a recent report from Savills showing that pre-lets accounted for 28,000 sq m (300,000 sq ft), or 44pc, of all the Dublin office space leased in the final quarter of 2016, the Exo building's joint agents believe the quoting rent of €47.50 per square foot is exceptionally competitive for the thriving north docklands area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Any news on when and if a supermarket might move into the site? I'm just across the Eastlink Bridge and currently have to use the dreadful Tesco Express in Ringsend for picking up a few bits and pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its nice to see they are bringing back an 80's themed building to the area.

silverharp wrote: »

I always thought that, but I hear from people living in Fairview and beyond they use it in the evenings. Its been open a long time now. You'd think they would have closed it if it wasn't doing some trade.

Video of EXO Building

ilto:?Subject=WATCH%3A%20The%20EXO%20-%20Take%20a%20look%20at%20what%20Dublin%27s%20tallest%20office%20block%20will%20look%20like%20-%20Indepe

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fred_Johnson

silverharp wrote: »

They probably have no rent to pay as the receiver will be desperate to keep some sort of life going down there to attract other tenants. It does get quite busy, you'd be surprised. Lots of kids there on Saturdays. I'm often in the queue for popcorn for about 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭roycon111

€350,000 a year for 20 years rent from 2012 for the cinema according to the property price register /commercial lease register, i'd say they got the first three years rent free though or some similar arrangement so the rent is now higher than €350k a year. Still will likely turn out to be a great deal for them

I wonder if they will ever fisnish that new road, I feel like they worked until it was 90% done around march and then just stopped. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I wonder if they will ever fisnish that new road, I feel like they worked until it was 90% done around march and then just stopped. Makes no sense.

It should be open since they have closed off Upper Sherriff St and Castleforbes Road is one way. All that seems to be required is the final layer of asphalt.

• Advertisement

http://imgur.com/wHV0cul

Photo taken today from top floor of Yahoo Building
    the view of property increasing in value.

My take on the new road opening is that it is being kept closed until most of the new construction is complete to save damage to the road surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

subpar wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/wHV0cul

Photo taken today from top floor of Yahoo Building
    the view of property increasing in value.

My take on the new road opening is that it is being kept closed until most of the new construction is complete to save damage to the road surface.

Yep. A lot of services have to be laid down Sheriff Street for the student accommodation. Also there are sewer works to be carried out in the area.

Saw the traffic lights were fixed to the poles at the new road/Sherrif street junction and bagged so some work is still going on

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

I heard that Insomnia are moving in to the Vacant corner unit under Castleforbes square at junction of Mayor St and the "new road"

The unit in question is pictured on Subpars pic above

3 coffee shops in the area soon (insomnia, Starbucks, costa)... I guess better than empty units!

Lot of offices around there now.

All wide awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

I spoke with the workers this Tuesday and asked about when are they planning to finish the road. They told me two weeks. Its really annoying that the access to the area is completely chaotic. We'll see if they can keep their word this time. Sewer work here and there and never ending story in the area. Sheriff str was supposed to be open by end of April but they extended it to mid June. I simply don't get why things cant be completed based on actual plans???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Top layer of asphalt on North Wall Avenue started in the last day or two from the north wall quay end. This photo was taken from the LUAS stop.

Ruby's Restaurant and Grill opening this October.

This is our second restaurant having already launched the highly successful and multiple award winning Ruby’s at Pavilions Swords. Ruby’s Pizza & Grill is a relaxed informal restaurant serving the finest Pizzas, Burgers, Wings, Ribs, Steaks and more. Cocktails are a speciality, lunch is great value, breakfast will be served and you don’t need to book. This vibrant part of the city has just become more inviting, so whether you are living, working, visiting or going to see a concert in the area Ruby's will be a brilliant addition to an ever expanding part of Dublin.

About
    Ruby’s Pizza & Grill is a relaxed informal restaurant serving the finest Pizzas, Burgers, Wings, Ribs, Steaks and more. Cocktails are a speciality

Public Transit
    Luas Red Line to The Point, Swords Express, Dublin Bikes Point Village, 101 to Castleforbes rd and 2 min walk, 20 min walk from Dublin City Centre

General manager
    Alan Mills, Niall O'Brien

Attire
    Casual
    categories
    Restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

beauf wrote: »
    Lot of offices around there now.

All wide awake.

Never understood why people pay 3/4€ a cup of coffee when most if not all offices provide decent tea and coffee for free!

It's the feeling of getting out for a bit. I work at twitter where we have a barista making coffee, but sometimes we still go out, get some fresh air, see other people etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

It's the feeling of getting out for a bit. I work at twitter where we have a barista making coffee, but sometimes we still go out, get some fresh air, see other people etc.

Same here I do a lap and come back to the office and have coffee, I tried the buying it outside but it was costing me a fair bit.

Advertisement