Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point Village Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

....it's clear that by 2020 a Dunnes Stores is viable. I expect to see it open in 2019/2020.

Granted most of the new development has only happened in the last year.

But this thread was started in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

200 Additional Jobs in Fenergo at Castleforbes House announced today.

Irish-run financial technology company Fenergo is to create 200 jobs in Dublin over the next 12 to 18 months.

The company is based in the city's Docklands and the new roles will bring the company's total employment to 500.

The new positions are being supported by the Department of Jobs through Enterprise Ireland and include new jobs in software engineering, product management, consulting and marketing.

Fenergo is owned by Irish investors and a New York private equity company.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

Like i wrote back in the past the new road next to Luas station did not finish by the end of March. It looks like they are taking their time as any other construction work in Ireland. On top of that the new student accommodation aka Point Campus is moving forward. As today they are almost finished with setting up the crane. Things are moving faster in that area. I took some pictures for you to see the latest situation.

IMG_7438.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

Planning Permission granted last week to demolish Hales Freight Warehouse on North Wall Quay.

Just checked with Savills / CBRE who are the letting agents for the Point Sq. Off the 27 vacant retail outlets spread over the ground / 1st / 2nd floors ---- 5 units are currently under offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fred_Johnson

Yeah but the question is will they actually move in without an anchor tenant like Dunnes Stores. Need the footfall.

Did you ask them for any update on the Dunnes Stores situation?

That part of the city is going to be so different in 5 years time. You'll have 1,000 extra students, 10,000 extra office workers, 3,000 more permanent residents, at least 3 hotels, multiple bars, restaurants and potentially 27 more retail outlets.

Yeah but the question is will they actually move in without an anchor tenant like Dunnes Stores. Need the footfall.

Did you ask them for any update on the Dunnes Stores situation?

That part of the city is going to be so different in 5 years time. You'll have 1,000 extra students, 10,000 extra office workers, 3,000 more permanent residents, at least 3 hotels, multiple bars, restaurants and potentially 27 more retail outlets.

No update on Dunnes Stores
    but another very positive indicator this week was that a vacant creche unit and a ground floor vacant retail corner unit in the Castleforbes Sq complex both sold at auction this week at circa 70% above their guide price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The space that Dunnes is to go in definitely has some movement I thought. You can now see in through the space on the ground floor.

I'd love to see some chain restaurants come up that way, withe the concerts and cinemas, Carlucchios, Nando's or Five Guys could really work there.

Personally would love to see Shake Shack in Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Rumours that the point depot tower will commence in July. 79m tall iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

hako wrote:
    Like i wrote back in the past the new road next to Luas station did not finish by the end of March. It looks like they are taking their time as any other construction work in Ireland. On top of that the new student accommodation aka Point Campus is moving forward. As today they are almost finished with setting up the crane. Things are moving faster in that area. I took some pictures for you to see the latest situation.

There'll be 3 more cranes in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

kceire wrote: »

Is that the Exo building?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

JTMan wrote: »

Yeah. Look up the images of it...It's a horrible building.

JTMan wrote: »

Yeah that's the one.

kceire wrote: »

Yes i heard they were looking to commence construction in Q3.

Good news. While not a great building architecturally, it will bring an extra 2,000 office workers down there which will be great for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

superg wrote: »
    There'll be 3 more cranes in there too.

there will be 2 buildings on site so we can assume more cranes to be set up in near future.

Yes i heard they were looking to commence construction in Q3.

Good news. While not a great building architecturally, it will bring an extra 2,000 office workers down there which will be great for the area.

The engineering is what I'm interested in.
    External structure, coastal environment, salt in the air etc

https://youtu.be/bzxazqY8_i0

Construction due to start this summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

gizmo81 wrote: »
    The space that Dunnes is to go in definitely has some movement I thought. You can now see in through the space on the ground floor.

I'd love to see some chain restaurants come up that way, withe the concerts and cinemas, Carlucchios, Nando's or Five Guys could really work there.

Personally would love to see Shake Shack in Ireland.

Do we really want another mirror image of a UK or USA mall? I'd prefer some quality Irish restaurants and bars tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

83jvDKl.jpg

It's happening :) eddie rockets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    83jvDKl

http://imgur.com/83jvDKl

That's a pity. There's one only a 10 minute walk away. I'd have preferred something different for the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

That's a pity. There's one only a 10 minute walk away. I'd have preferred something different for the area.

The other is a rockets though, this is a full eddie rockets, will surely attract more people and please the concert 3 arena crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It's just that something original would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's just that something original would be nice.

You need a poor hip area for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Not for the current residents of East wall who can barely drop the kids to school without fear of having to park half a mile away when some selfish bigwig parks outside their house all day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not for the current residents of East wall who can barely drop the kids to school without fear of having to park half a mile away when some selfish bigwig parks outside their house all day.

There is zero need to drop kids to school that distance to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

L1011 wrote: »
    There is zero need to drop kids to school that distance to begin with.

Depends where there in school doesn't it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Depends where there in school doesn't it!

The city has extensive buses. Too mamy sugar babies these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

L1011 wrote:
    The city has extensive buses. Too mamy sugar babies these days.

This is OT but most of the cities buses run on arterial routes so unless you live close to one of those and the school is also close to it, you're probably out of luck. And that assumes all your children are in the same school. I'm about as pro public transport as you can get but school runs are very difficult to do by bus unless you're lucky. Walking or driving are much more workable.

Anyone can park outside your house, get used to it. If you want reserved parking, get a driveway or an apartment.

LeeroyJ. wrote: »

Fantastic. It's not exactly the "high end" restaurants & retail that Dunnes Stores are demanding before moving in, but it's a start.

Let's face it, the Point is never going to be as genuinely high end as the South Docks, given that there's student accommodation, cinema, 3arena and East Wall nearby. Maybe this is as good as it gets, we'll see.

• Advertisement

Oh, great point. Perhaps we should stall all development in the city both commercial and residential, in case it impacts on the education of East Wall children. I'm sure the educational attainment of the East wall residents is absolutely vital to the future knowledge economy of Dublin.

Advertisement