Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

RoryMac wrote: »
    My money is on Darren, nothing else makes sense!

maybe himself and John Boy in cahoots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

We're working on it. Leave your email addy here and we'll get back to you when we have it figured.

Ha ha hope your sarcasm alarm was turned on. I can't believe how many people didn't get Nidge had killed Wayne.

This season was good but last station was great and by far the best. Can't believe how the IRA threat wasn't there this season besides Dano on his solo run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had any one mentioned or figured out who killed Wayne? Did Nidge order the hit or was the young fella pissed of when Wayne laughed at him pulling wheelies? Heads wrecked wondering.
    It was the dentist that ordered the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ha ha hope your sarcasm alarm was turned on. I can't believe how many people didn't get Nidge had killed Wayne.

This season was good but last station was great and by far the best. Can't believe how the IRA threat wasn't there this season besides Dano on his solo run.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I am 100% convinced that most people on this thread need something like Ghost Dad from Dexter to explain every single thing that is happening in the show.

Maybe Ghost Darren could do it.

"GD - why did you clip Wayne Nidge?

N - I had to do it Dazzler, he was a loose cannon and a risk

GD - Ah Nidgey, tut tut"

Something like that could work for the simpletons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't want to be spoonfed this information either but I guess that it just seemed very out of the blue for me considering that there was't a specific explanation for his killing or even any kind of set up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Which is fine, as long as you don't drop the strand about the primary target 'Patrick' like a hot potato?
    If we had even seen Nidge witnessing him driving on to the ferry or being told that Patrick had left, then it would not have been as confusing.
    We saw him touring the estate after all, but that was just to make us think that the conversation with Elmo ('get the kid to do it?') was about another attempt on Patrick's life.
    They simply dropped that strand of the story after Wayne was hit, like they so wilingly drop other strands, like LIzzie. How does Nidge know that she is still not a threat for instance? She may be out on bail etc. How would he know what was happening with here, wouldn't somebody suffering from paranoia be seen to at least make enquiries?
    Just very confused writing, that would be generally cleared up at a good and rigorous script conference or edit.

You do remember Lizzie is in jail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Kalyke wrote: »

How do we know what happened her, she could be on bail etc.

The point is her story and interaction with Nidge was just dropped. Like Dano, we where told nothing of what happened him after and it's affect on Nidge.

Story strands dropped willy nilly just leads to complete confusion. It's bad writing.

How do we know what happened her, she could be on bail etc.

The point is her story and interaction with Nidge was just dropped. Like Dano, we where told nothing of what happened him after and it's affect on Nidge.

Story strands dropped willy nilly just leads to complete confusion. It's bad writing.

There are 6 episodes per season. Do you have all the scripts for next season that puts you in the position to know all of those storyline were dropped "willy nilly"?

Stuart Carolan has already explained that the story line from this season will continue through season 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There are 6 episodes per season. Do you have all the scripts for next season that puts you in the position to know all of those storyline were dropped "willy nilly"?

Stuart Carolan has already explained that the story line from this season will continue through season 6.

I don't know, but her effect on Nidge and the story has been dropped willy nilly.

• Advertisement

I don't know, but her effect on Nidge and the story has been dropped willy nilly.

So you do have access to the scripts for next season and you know she won't be mentioned again?

Ok.

Bit too much of the Hate and not enough of the Love going on in this thread right now.

Coolaboola.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Kalyke wrote: »

This is Ireland so I doubt she actually would be. Women generally do not get put on remand for beating someone with a tire iron- it's relatively common to see women bailed in murder cases. In real life I would doubt she would get a custodial sentence upon conviction in all truth. Stress of her brothers dying last year, usual ****e that gets them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Room To Improve is taking the Love/Hate slot next Sunday, they will need to rough it up a bit, maybe get a shipment of Lido with the mortar.

Great Gift Grub sketch on it this morning, Dermot doing a new extension for Fran and then Fran getting him to ship in enough cement to build a 7 storey hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Does Carolan really have to spell out every single little thing??

deise08 wrote: »

Maybe they could have a voice over kinda like Goodfellas. It would really help to keep track of all the goings on. I think desperate housewives had something similar. Really spice things up.

deise08 wrote: »

Maybe they could have a voice over kinda like Goodfellas. It would really help to keep track of all the goings on. I think desperate housewives had something similar. Really spice things up.

Or people could use their own brains, is that too much to ask?

Jesus no.

"Dis bleedin' gob****es tink he can get one over on me wah? I'll ****in' clip him so I will..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Great Gift Grub sketch on it this morning, Dermot doing a new extension for Fran and then Fran getting him to ship in enough cement to build a 7 storey hotel.[/QUOTE

Heard that too, it was brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

As much as I think there are a couple of things that weren't quite as nicely tied up as they should have been I am very glad that Stuart Carolan hasn't decided to go down the US route of spoonfeeding every single detail to us. It's nice to have things happen that we haven't been let in on. It also shows how Nidge is compartmentalising jobs and indicates that there maybe other conversations happening that we aren't privy to.

Do we really need the scene where Nidge says to Elmo 'Make sure Wayne gets clipped, yeah? And don't go doin' it yourself Elmo, ya got me? Get his little buddy to do it for us yeah?'

Maybe that's how it happened, maybe not, I don't care and I don't need all the details either.

I'm loving Love/Hate and it is without a doubt the very best drama show to come out of Ireland and RTÉ, ever. It has the highest production values I've seen from RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I do think the investigative journalist angle is a good one to be explored in the forthcoming season(s).

still believe that people want to see Nidge, Fran etc succeed rather than get caught by the cops/papers but there is potential for some decent storylines there.

Still believe that the knocking off of John Boy in Season 2 was the biggest mistake Carolan made

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is there anyone that the "motive" he had for getting rid of Wayne doesn't apply to? No? Didn't think so, so the writer can have any main character shot to death and the legion will insist it makes perfect sense.
    he broke in to nidges gaff? NIdge needed him on board over the little kidnapping thing...then nidge was finished with him

slingerz wrote: »
    I do think the investigative journalist angle is a good one to be explored in the forthcoming season(s).

still believe that people want to see Nidge, Fran etc succeed rather than get caught by the cops/papers but there is potential for some decent storylines there.

Still believe that the knocking off of John Boy in Season 2 was the biggest mistake Carolan made
    john boy isn't hanging around waiting on love hate....they did well to have him....he was in fecking batman for fecks sake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Aidan Gillen was doing Carolan a favour by agreeing to hang around for season two.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

slingerz wrote: »

Didn't Carolan say the same in a recent interview, he wishes sometimes he hadn't killed John Boy off!

But as the poster above said, he mightn't have got Aiden Gillen again

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Even if Gillian was only available in a limited role I would not have killed John Boy off.

John Boy could have got a shortish jail term for any number of things, controlling things from a mobile in his cell but his death was some of the best drama on an Irish programme I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Temaz wrote: »
    Even if Gillian was only available in a limited role I would not have killed John Boy off.

John Boy could have got a shortish jail term for any number of things, controlling things from a mobile in his cell but his death was some of the best drama on an Irish programme I have ever seen.

Was there not a clash with him filming Game of Thrones that meant he wasn't available?

Seem to remember a story at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Controversial here, but I didn't rate Gillen very highly at all as John Boy - in fact I thought he was one of the weaker actors. I just didn't buy him as a gangland boss and his acting style didn't suit the role IMO. I thought he was great in queer as folk but in Love/Hate I was very unimpressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement