Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Can we get a Wayne thread maybe? Boring as f*ck at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Just from reading this thread, it patently did confuse the story.

It didn't really confuse the story for people with the ability to put 2 and 2 together. The writers can't dumb down everything for those who can't follow along.

If they did you'd be complaining about that.

Were you able to follow why Wayne was killed and who had ordered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

I'm a fan of the show but I did have one little bit of a query as to why on earth Nidge chose to have Wayne snuffed out?

Remember in the previous episode Nidge and the boys were found to have Wayne bundled in to the boot of a car.

Ok they got away with that because the young lad said it was a bit of messing.

But still, I would have thought that when Wayne's body was found shot that the first person on the gardai suspect list would have been Nidge?

:confused:

Anybody think the same?

Merely circumstantial - wouldn't mean anything in court without an eyeball witness.

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Merely circumstantial - wouldn't mean anything in court without an eyeball witness.

That's true. Sure half the time the cops would have a fair idea who ordered someone murdered - it's proving it that's the tricky thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Not that Nidge knew he was being followed by the guards, but nothing will come of Wayne's killing with regards Nidge being suspected by the cops. They had full surveillance on him at the time of the killing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It didn't really confuse the story for people with the ability to put 2 and 2 together. The writers can't dumb down everything for those who can't follow along.

If they did you'd be complaining about that.

Were you able to follow why Wayne was killed and who had ordered it?

Ah the 'if you haven't got the smarts' you shouldn't be watching line. Very good.
    That kind of comment belongs in AH, here on a television forum, more is expected.
    The writers didn't dumb down anything, they made it unnecessarily confusing, gave no credible motivations, willfully confused the viewer for no purpose other than to shock.
    The problem with the series was that they played fast and loose with Nidge's motivations and character, one minute he is supposed to be a chronic paranoid, the next he is leaving himself open to attack.

Ah the 'if you haven't got the smarts' you shouldn't be watching line. Very good.
    That kind of comment belongs in AH, here on a television forum, more is expected.

I never said that at all but I take it that you had trouble working it out then? :pac:

What I said was that they shouldn't dumb things down and if you thought about it you'd figure it out.
    The writers didn't dumb down anything, they made it unnecessarily confusing, gave no credible motivations, willfully confused the viewer for no purpose other than to shock.

Lots of people on here were able to figure out Nidge's motivation for killing Wayne. I'll admit it took me a minute but I got it. Don't think it was unnecessarily confusing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

The problem with the series was that they played fast and loose with Nidge's motivations and character, one minute he is supposed to be a chronic paranoid, the next he is leaving himself open to attack.

What are you talking about “no credible motivation”? As posted above, Nidge lost confidence in Wayne when he saw him hanging out laughing and slagging and larking about with his mates – playing the big man/ unlikely to resist bragging to someone about the attempted hit on Patrick; Nidge mulled over the situation in a cool and calculated manner before ultimately deciding that shorty had to go.

Regarding purpose, I take it you do accept that things are not always as they seem to be on the surface? The purpose of a twist is generally to illustrate this truism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone looking for a laugh, Willie O'Dea is about to come on to the Last Word on Today FM to complain about Nidge telling the prostitute she was lucky to get out of that kip Limerick. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a laugh, Willie O'Dea is about to come on to the Last Word on Today FM to complain about Nidge telling the prostitute she was lucky to get out of that kip Limerick. You couldn't make it up.

Willie wouldnt be out of place on this thread so! I wonder what his theory on Wayne is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

bellinter wrote: »
    Willie wouldnt be out of place on this thread so! I wonder what his theory on Wayne is

Well you'd have to ask where that gun Willie was photographed with is now and does he have an alibi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

bellinter wrote: »

Willie would easily fit in that suitcase too. In fact, you could probably use a backpack for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I lived in Newcastle West for 14 years and spent 3 in Limerick city. Believe me, the truest and funniest line was telling the kid she was lucky to be working in a Dublin whorehouse. Willie O' Dea is a smart person in reality, believe me he chuckled at that line too - but you're got to give the local gob****es what they want to top the poll. (Bear in mind, Willie O' Dea is the man who appeared on the front pages of national newspapers smiling and waving an automatic weapon at the camera).
    As the episode itself...meh - had the air of news filtering through that season 5 was a go, so no need to rock the boat. The wooden dentist and his plastic family gets the chop. The schoolkid thing is over - it was too much South Central LA and not actually realistic Dublin giving some brat sidekick status to Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

This thread has been a real eye opener is so many ways

I hope Carolan isn't reading this and decides to dumb down the next series for all the slow-mos

This thread has been a real eye opener is so many ways

I hope Carolan isn't reading this and decides to dumb down the next series for all the slow-mos

This is why the general public should be ignored. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xrated110

Anyone know who violetta is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

xrated110 wrote: »
    Anyone know who violetta is?

The prostitute that Janet was telling to give Nidge a massage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Of course Nidge had Wayne clipped. Wayne had broken into his home which meant there won't be any suspicions raised as to why he had it done. Wayne was also the only person who knew that Nidge attacked Patrick.

Secondly, Nidge was also shouting cops down the phone to try to alert his middle man, in other words don't have that bloody truck arrive here!

Honestly, looking at some of the questions asked you'd wonder do people watch the show or are they texting the whole time during it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Who is Nidge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xrated110

moy83 wrote: »
    The prostitute that Janet was telling to give Nidge a massage
    yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

kryogen wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus this **** never ends!

triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3.png

Are we 110% sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Lads I really didn't think that the whole show had to be spelled out.
    If he showed every little thing it would turn into somethin like eastenders a soap opera!!
    I think he explained what needed to be explaned!
    Talk about having to draw a picture?
    I also think there has been a lot of over analysing on silly unimportant things.
    take it for what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I have to say that that overall i felt that season 4 was the weakest one since the first season although im expecting the sparks to fly in season 5 with Fran on the warpath!However the appearance of Keith Duffy did confirm my suspicions that the show jumped the shark a bit this year!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    The Detective / Tommy situation was a load of bollocks. As if he would chose to help him over putting a gang away for 20 years. Thought the finale and Season 4 overall was very poor. Way too many plots and rushed endings.

I doubt he would have a choice in the matter. If he was known to have knowingly let a man die he would probably be sacked from the Gardaí in a real life scenario.

He knew Tommy needed medical attention and the Gardaí as an institution are setup to protect the well being of ALL CITIZENS. Not just who they so choose.

There might be grey areas but no member of AGS no matter what the rank would risk his job in that scenario unless of course they were a complete cowboy. Also he is protecting Tommy as a means of building an understanding and rapport with Siobhan so she will help them with their enquiries.

I have to say that that overall i felt that season 4 was the weakest one since the first season although im expecting the sparks to fly in season 5 with Fran on the warpath!However the appearance of Keith Duffy did confirm my suspicions that the show jumped the shark a bit this year!

That's pretty poor logic to judge the show upon to be honest.

It wasn't as if we are expected to believe that Duffy is a street dealer or a gangster. He played a fitness instructor who is willing to be used as a legitimate front for the supply of drugs through the premises and to be honest he looked perfectly believable in the role of gym instructor as he has the physique for it. To me he just blended in like any background character.

And as actors go there is probably far worse out there and thats before we talk about Fairly shítty

Is there anyone that the "motive" he had for getting rid of Wayne doesn't apply to? No? Didn't think so, so the writer can have any main character shot to death and the legion will insist it makes perfect sense.

deise08 wrote: »
    Lads I really didn't think that the whole show had to be spelled out.
    If he showed every little thing it would turn into somethin like eastenders a soap opera!!
    I think he explained what needed to be explaned!
    Talk about having to draw a picture?
    I also think there has been a lot of over analysing on silly unimportant things.
    take it for what it is

Maybe like Underbelly it needs a narrator to help fill in the blanks at this stage. :rolleyes:

Is there anyone that the "motive" he had for getting rid of Wayne doesn't apply to? No? Didn't think so, so the writer can have any main character shot to death and the legion will insist it makes perfect sense.

Look sure its gangland. A vipers nest in alot of ways. They get paranoid, jealous and suspicious at the drop of a hat.

Dont forget when Wayne was meant to be doing a job on the quiet for Dano he took the machine gun out in broad daylight and fired a few rounds in the middle of the estate at a young fella and killing a cat in the process and his maggot acting on that occasion got back to Lizzie.

He was hardly employee of the month material and Nidge is smart enough. He decided he'd use this young fella while he was willing and get rid of him the minute he is of no use to him. Also Nidge's ego would be so huge he'd hold Wayne 100% responsible for the botched attempt at murdering Paddy.

Carolan said himself he likes to leave a certain amount up to the imagination of the viewer which to be honest is fine with me as in most cases there is a valid explanation to go with the outcome of any given event that happens on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Maybe it was a sniper that actually shot tommy in the head whilst waiting with Nidge? Didn't see Darren in S4 so maybe he was the sniper?

• Advertisement

Maybe it was a sniper that actually shot tommy in the head whilst waiting with Nidge? Didn't see Darren in S4 so maybe he was the sniper?

Maybe if Tommy doesnt drop the trousers after so long he collapses? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement