Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Who is Nidge?

The 'Nigerian' character :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Is there anyone that the "motive" he had for getting rid of Wayne doesn't apply to? No? Didn't think so, so the writer can have any main character shot to death and the legion will insist it makes perfect sense.

Brilliant, the difference between somebody who can crystalise a thought into writing and those that can't/
    I have been getting at that for a while now, bit more long winded and around the long way though. :D
    There are a number of posters who have set themselves up as consel for the defence and it you might as well be banging your head of a brick wall.

I know how Tommy feels. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

That's pretty poor logic to judge the show upon to be honest.

It wasn't as if we are expected to believe that Duffy is a street dealer or a gangster. He played a fitness instructor who is willing to be used as a legitimate front for the supply of drugs through the premises and to be honest he looked perfectly believable in the role of gym instructor as he has the physique for it. To me he just blended in like any background character.

And as actors go there is probably far worse out there and thats before we talk about Fairly shítty

It was just a joke.:)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

So is your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why were some of the comments about O'Deas remarks removed? People aren't seriously concerned about asking for an alibi and what he done with his gun from his photo op are they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why were some of the comments about O'Deas remarks removed? People aren't seriously concerned about asking for an alibi and what he done with his gun from his photo op are they?

Have i rattled the Keith Duffy fan club with a silly throwaway remark!Anyway what about Franos teeth? Now you see them and now you don't.They were in and out like a mouse in heat!

Pat Short turning off the gas.

....nnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

image.jpg

I think this review from another site has kind of nailed it.
    You wouldn't exactly be counting down the days til series 5.

That real life cop. I hope he's a better guard than he is an actor.

"What about this gaffer?"
    "What about that gaffer?"
    "I need next Tuesday off gaffer"
    "Can I go to the toilet gaffer?"

Tommy looking up at the surveillance room. WTF?

Elmo, Aido, and the mime artist form Boyzone? why, why, why. Terrible actors that strip the programme of any credibility.

In fairness you could nearly imagine Fridge (nidge + fran) being gangsters but the rest of them........

As for the young fella that got bumped off "Yeah, I love the Glocks me"
    He deserved to die for that line.

There's alot of messy storylines that need to be cleaned up at the start of the next series. They're trying to cover too much and ended up leaving some storylines up in the air. No clue what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ThisRegard wrote: »

Willie O'Dea is a mod on boards.

Did you not know that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

I liked this season but felt the ending was a bit of a let down. I think the "problem" (if that's what it was) was that the writer knew a fifth season had got the go ahead and was clearly leaving a lot open for that. Which is fair enough, to a point. I didn't mind the Cop calling the ambulance and blowing the bust, probably what a real life detective would do in that situation - it wasn't worth losing his career over. They are clearly setting up Fran v Nidge showdown for next year, there was no real other reason for Nidge to suddenly cut Fran out of the loop. We may not have seen the last of the travelling pipe bomb maker (Fran has to find out somehow what Nidge did) Tommy collapsing at that exact moment was a bit convenient of course, and WTF was that all about at the end with Nidge going to the cop shop and pissing on their milk ? Maybe I'm a bit slow but I just didn't get it. He'd just had a massive lucky break and should have been delighted with himself. I think next year should definitely be the final series, it's not too late for them to redeem it.

Oh, and Willie ODea - what a plank. Does he not understand fiction ? Maybe Nidge should have said to the Hooker "Oh Limerick, what a great city - it has a totally undeserved bad image." (While giving a thumbs up to the camera!) That would have been very realistic, wouldn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

trashcan wrote: »
    WTF was that all about at the end with Nidge going to the cop shop and pissing on their milk ? Maybe I'm a bit slow but I just didn't get it. He'd just had a massive lucky break and should have been delighted with himself.

What is this obsession with everything having to be so one dimensional and easy to predict and if its not that's a defect??

Seriously, do you think the psychology of Nidge's situation would be so straightforward - lucky break, lets celebrate! I would have been really disappointed if the writers had written it your way.

Given the angle the camera was at and the way Nidge was facing I thought it was very unrealistic that we didn't see a little bit of his sausage. Some might argue that his chorizo is too small and that's why we didn't even see the lad poking his eye out for a look but given the good time he was able to show the Brazzer hoor I'd imagine there's something of a monster dwelling in the cave.

Lazy writing in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    What is this obsession with everything having to be so one dimensional and easy to predict and if its not that's a defect??

Seriously, do you think the psychology of Nidge's situation would be so straightforward - lucky break, lets celebrate! I would have been really disappointed if the writers had written it your way.

You don't think a real life Nidge character would be relieved and happy that he'd just escaped a long prison stretch by sheer dumb luck ? I'm not talking about being one dimensional, but I just couldn't see the logic behind him going to the Station the way he did and deliberately getting himself locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Is there anyone that the "motive" he had for getting rid of Wayne doesn't apply to? No? Didn't think so, so the writer can have any main character shot to death and the legion will insist it makes perfect sense.
    Did you miss Wayne being part of an attempt to kill Nidge?

It's not like it came out of the blue

You are just undermining your own trick question by discrediting the concept that there ever was a plausible motive. :confused:

You don't think a real life Nidge character would be relieved and happy that he'd just escaped a long prison stretch by sheer dumb luck ? I'm not talking about being one dimensional, but I just couldn't see the logic behind him going to the Station the way he did and deliberately getting himself locked up.

Because people don't always act logically!

He is a nervous wreck - after losing the staring match he had to race home and essentially rape the Weaselhole to feel better about himself. That didn't help so he had to go back to challenge the cops, show them how tough he is. He has serious control issues - couldn't bear the thought that Moynihan had psyched him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

He'd just had a massive lucky break and should have been delighted with himself. it

Um really?! Is is lucky to lose all ur money in a busted drug run?

Back to zero he said. Fran says what goes around comes around nidgey

Um really?! Is is lucky to lose all ur money in a busted drug run?

Back to zero he said. Fran says what goes around comes around nidgey

I think he meant lucky as in lucky, given the situation. He was very very lucky! If it wasn't for Tommy (freak accident) he would have been locked up for 20 years. Of course Nidge will be pissed off that he lost the money, but it doesn't take a genius to figure that he wouldn't do even 10 years inside for even double the money he would have made. No amount of money is worth much to Nidge if he's locked up.

In the grand scheme of things and what Nidge wanted, not so lucky. But lucky for him he'll have a second chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I liked this season but felt the ending was a bit of a let down. I think the "problem" (if that's what it was) was that the writer knew a fifth season had got the go ahead and was clearly leaving a lot open for that. Which is fair enough, to a point. I didn't mind the Cop calling the ambulance and blowing the bust, probably what a real life detective would do in that situation - it wasn't worth losing his career over. They are clearly setting up Fran v Nidge showdown for next year, there was no real other reason for Nidge to suddenly cut Fran out of the loop. We may not have seen the last of the travelling pipe bomb maker (Fran has to find out somehow what Nidge did) Tommy collapsing at that exact moment was a bit convenient of course, and WTF was that all about at the end with Nidge going to the cop shop and pissing on their milk ? Maybe I'm a bit slow but I just didn't get it. He'd just had a massive lucky break and should have been delighted with himself. I think next year should definitely be the final series, it's not too late for them to redeem it.

Oh, and Willie ODea - what a plank. Does he not understand fiction ? Maybe Nidge should have said to the Hooker "Oh Limerick, what a great city - it has a totally undeserved bad image." (While giving a thumbs up to the camera!) That would have been very realistic, wouldn't it

Clearly, episode 6 was a continuity episode rather than a finale (episode 4 felt much more like the finale as I previously said - like episode 5 did in series 2). I look forward to next series (and we hope the paper spoilers are better controlled!). I watched series 4, episodes 4, 5 and 6 knowing exactly who would end up killed and surviving! Other than the dentist, that is.

Next year should not kill off Love/Hate: make it the final series if you like but allow it to continue in a feature film version as is planned.

• Advertisement

Have i rattled the Keith Duffy fan club with a silly throwaway remark!Anyway what about Franos teeth? Now you see them and now you don't.They were in and out like a mouse in heat!

No believe it or not people are actually capable of being objective and without having your black and white view of life

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think this review from another site has kind of nailed it.

Quite the opposite for me, a load of nonsense. Fits well with this thread though for the most part ;)
    No clue what's going on.

Get that person a Boards account!

No believe it or not people are actually capable of being objective and without having your black and white view of life

Lighten up im just not a big Keith Duffy fan.They were your going you could swear i said i was in some nazi far right group!:D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Quite the opposite for me, a load of nonsense. Fits well with this thread though for the most part ;

I suppose the world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same things or had the same opinions.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I can see investigative journalists being part of the new series, they are the only major external nuisance component of the workings of a crime gang that has not been dealt with now that the Ra pay ups and the cops have been covered. The D4 likes of Debbie and the dentist ending up as they did is like the Sunday Indy editors wet dream, their readership would eat up a whole fish out of water out of their depth tale. Murdered dentist and OD'ing upper class drug users garner a lot more newspaper space than another run of the mill shooting or an OD involving a resident of one of our less salubrious suburbs.

For one thing, Fran did a pretty awful job of hiding the body (probably a nod to confirm how Nidge was right ranting about how much of an idiot he is :pac: ).The media will be all over the story and the Gardai will be under double pressure as to how they let a co operating witness end up dead. A TCD educated D4 dentist who is forced by his post Celtic Tiger downfall into participating in a drug run, ends up a Garda informant and is later found strangled to death in a canal- in real life that is a case that will not be going away fast in terms of media coverage, and to detach himself from any blowback I reckon Nidge will be looking to get rid of Fran fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I don't see the confusion about Nidge pissing on the Gardai milk. He knows at this stage that they're planning a big case against him, and aren't going to bother pursuing him over minor public offences (even if done outside Garda premises).

I just saw it as Nidge sticking the proverbial finger up at the authorities, knowing they can't do jack about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Had any one mentioned or figured out who killed Wayne? Did Nidge order the hit or was the young fella pissed of when Wayne laughed at him pulling wheelies? Heads wrecked wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Had any one mentioned or figured out who killed Wayne? Did Nidge order the hit or was the young fella pissed of when Wayne laughed at him pulling wheelies? Heads wrecked wondering.

We're working on it. Leave your email addy here and we'll get back to you when we have it figured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

My money is on Darren, nothing else makes sense!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement