Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All Kicking Off Again - Fairview Crescent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Im not a big fan of the sunday world myself but they are the only paper that named and shamed.
    moloney's utter scumbags.

louis calvert scum.
    These families are not capable of living in the same area as ordinary decent law aboding people,imo all the males of families like the above should be castrated at birth to save society for their utter evil.
    Sunday World are the only paper with balls in this country.They always go after the scum and should be thanked for the work they do.They even went to Mexico that time to confront the notorious Wayne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

Article 40.3.2: The State shall, in particular. by its laws protect as best it may from unjust attack and, in the case of an injustice done, vindicate the life, person, good name, and property rights of every citizen. - Constitution of Ireland

People have a constitutional right to live in peace but the state is failing them; "as best it may" isn't good enough. What is needed most in areas like Fair View Cresent is a dedicated Garda service. In Britain they have mobile cop shops that can be parked in an estate for as long as it takes to put manners on the anti-social elements.

I live in a regeneration area and we were promised a dedicated Garda service but it never happened. Instead, some of our problems were exported, while others remain. Their bad behaviour was rewarded with a nice house in a quite area while the decent people are left to stew in it. Their anti-social behaviour was never challanged and now the bad apples are everywhere.

We need a government that is willing to completely overhaul our policing service. I think at this point the Army should be used. Set up a Saighduiri Siochana to back up the Gardai (like the Gendarm do in France). Manners have to be put on the messers before any of their social problems are considered or addressed. Knock it on the head (literally)

So long as anti-social behaviour goes unchallanged it will thrive. If something isn't done then law abiding citizens will eventually snap and start reaching for the hurley, bar or baseball bat.
    very well said 1000 per cent great post

resident evil sunday world december 5 2010 scumbag moloney is caged for 10 months for terrorising locals in "estate from hell can any one find the link? Prime time where in fairview cresent garryowen how come it was not showing on primetime Rte 1 tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

anti_c wrote: »
    resident evil sunday world december 5 2010 scumbag moloney is caged for 10 months for terrorising locals in "estate from hell can any one find the link? Prime time where in fairview cresent garryowen how come it was not showing on primetime Rte 1 tonite?

From the looks of it, the footage was shot closer to summer-time, and I guess they were only covering the regeneration areas. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Garryowen's covered in the regeneration project is it?)

on monday november 8 2010 family has to leave no 21 fairview crescent Garryowen in 60 days for antisocial behaviour 60 days are up:eek: are they still living there in fairview crescent Garryowen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I do not know anyway but I thought you were the fairview crescent expert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

HI could some one give me a true update please on this area whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Number 21 Fairview crescent is still home to the family in question.
    I don't know why or how they are still tenants but the wheels of justice obviously turn extremely slowly in limerick.

have they kicked off since? i know that as a tenant i do not cause trouble but last week i asked my land lord to have old single beds removed from the house were in now to make rum for the baby and he threatened me with eviction

seems the wheels of justice are used to run over decent folk like myself

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

tonyheaney wrote: »
    have they kicked off since? i know that as a tenant i do not cause trouble but last week i asked my land lord to have old single beds removed from the house were in now to make rum for the baby and he threatened me with eviction

seems the wheels of justice are used to run over decent folk like myself

Wouldn't blame him tbh:D

• Advertisement

thedini wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame him tbh:D

what is that meant to mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

what is that meant to mean??

He obviously doesn't approve of giving alcohol to babies.

thedini wrote: »
    He obviously doesn't approve of giving alcohol to babies.

ROOM!!!!!! NOT RUM!!!!!!!!!!! THATS A MISSPELLING MADE ME LAUGH SOMETHIG SILLY HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chief justice 1

CCTV TO CURB VANDALISM AT FAIRVIEW CRESCENT GARRYOWEN the establishment of cctv security on the fairview crescent garryowen housing estate,has been welcomed by local councillor, gerry Mcloughlin. cameras have now been installed on the estate , which over the past two years, has seen a marked increase in serious anti _social activity. the limerick post has reported on a number of harrowing cases,of tenants subjected on an ongoing basis to constant harassment frequently by very young offenders. one particular case, a woman and her young children fled their home in the early hours of the morning, so terrfied had she become for the safety of her children.
    in another report, this newspaper told of the intimidation that a mothe rand daughter were subjected to, from attacks on their home.these attacks were on going on bordering on violence, leading to the occupants boarding up their doors and windows.
    in this case, because they were owners, they could not not procure a relocationto another area from limerick city council.
    the severity and continuous nature of the anti-social activity in fairview cresent is frequently raised at council meetings in city hall, and the issue in ongoing, with rulings on evictions going through the courts.
    "the situationin fairview is terrible, and while the garda siochana are very vigilant and doing a great job, they cant be there every minute of the day," cllr mcloughran told the limerick post."however, we get great co-operation and support from the gardai and, supt frank o'brien and the garryowen committee, and i are very pleased that the cctv carmeras have been installed - they are a powerful derterrent"

Family has to leave city estate in 60 days .this family in <snip> fairview crescent garryowen still lives there 8 " Months later they got 60 days not 8 months. and there was more trouble there last week war in in the crescent do people think this New CCTV will stop this people lights camera action

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Family has to leave city estate in 60 days .this family in <snip> fairview crescent garryowen still lives there 8 " Months later they got 60 days not 8 months. and there was more trouble there last week war in in the crescent do people think this New CCTV will stop this people lights camera action

Could you please post links to the sources for these comments/articles?
    Thanks.

Also, you have no right to publish the address of any member of the public here.

insect overlord i live there in fairview crescent garryowen i know every thing that is going on there and there was trouble there last week again insect overlord do you think this people will ever stop? todays limerick post CCTV TO CURB VANDALISM AT FAIRVIEW CRESCENT . ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

insect overlord i live there in fairview crescent garryowen i know every thing that is going on there and there was trouble there last week again insect overlord do you think this people will ever stop? todays limerick post CCTV TO CURB VANDALISM AT FAIRVIEW CRESCENT . ?

Is that anti_c again?

Whatever about living there yourself, you're still not allowed to put people's exact addresses up here.

CCTV TO CURB VANDALISM AT FAIRVIEW CRESCENT GARRYOWEN the establishment of cctv security on the fairview crescent garryowen housing estate,has been welcomed by local councillor, gerry Mcloughlin. cameras have now been installed on the estate , which over the past two years, has seen a marked increase in serious anti _social activity. the limerick post has reported on a number of harrowing cases,of tenants subjected on an ongoing basis to constant harassment frequently by very young offenders. one particular case, a woman and her young children fled their home in the early hours of the morning, so terrfied had she become for the safety of her children.
    in another report, this newspaper told of the intimidation that a mothe rand daughter were subjected to, from attacks on their home.these attacks were on going on bordering on violence, leading to the occupants boarding up their doors and windows.
    in this case, because they were owners, they could not not procure a relocationto another area from limerick city council.
    the severity and continuous nature of the anti-social activity in fairview cresent is frequently raised at council meetings in city hall, and the issue in ongoing, with rulings on evictions going through the courts.
    "the situationin fairview is terrible, and while the garda siochana are very vigilant and doing a great job, they cant be there every minute of the day," cllr mcloughran told the limerick post."however, we get great co-operation and support from the gardai and, supt frank o'brien and the garryowen committee, and i are very pleased that the cctv carmeras have been installed - they are a powerful derterrent"

Didn't do much to save Keyes park did it? They put CCTV t tell the o'malley park yobs "we are watching you dont try coming here" sadly now 25% of the houses are gone.So while it cold catch some one doing something naughty they need a more better solution

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Like evicting the family that has an eviction order on them. Boards isnt the place to be complaining, what have the councillors and gardaí said to you?

• Advertisement

Didn't do much to save Keyes park did it? They put CCTV t tell the o'malley park yobs "we are watching you dont try coming here" sadly now 25% of the houses are gone.So while it cold catch some one doing something naughty they need a more better solution
    this is wrong that this has happend in Keys park. and Zuroph you are 110 per cent rite what you just said The councillors and Garda have to some thing Fast and save our City. Do we ask them to Please HELP ?dONT THE GET PAID TO DO A JOB someone is not doing there Jobs ?And why are the getting paid ?

Have you contacted them and asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

So that family still hasn't been evicted... Ridiculous.

zuroph wrote: »
    Like evicting the family that has an eviction order on them. Boards isnt the place to be complaining, what have the councillors and gardaí said to you?
    Zuroph the Councillors and Gardai said to me nothing the are Not doing there jobs the only time you see Councillors is when they want your Vote " and i cant understand how the" Gardai have left this people do this to the law abiding citizen of Keys park and Fairview crescent and now Ballynanty ? and now Willie o" dea Wants action. is this some kind of J"oke if it is it is "Not Funny this has to stop now are we to quite limerick city people ? and to just say nothing and leave this Carry on to Continue?

Have you contacted them and asked?
    yes Zuroph i have Gone 100s of times councillors and Garda and the" Never Never ever Keep in touch Our get back to me ? people of limerick city we need rally at limerick city town hall we need HELP WE NEED IDEAS FROM THE VERY GOOD PEPLE ON BOARDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭adaminho

According to Live 95fm website they appealed the eviction order and lost. They now have until the 1st of August to leave the estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Where are the council going to house them next?

Somewhere with no neighbours in middle of no where. :)

On front of leader today, the reason they hadnt moved was due to an appeal. Judge has turned down appeal and deemed the eviction legal, they have til end of month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

On front of leader today, the reason they hadnt moved was due to an appeal. Judge has turned down appeal and deemed the eviction legal, they have til end of month.

are paddy powers giving odds on them still being there next month?

• Advertisement

Todays limerick leader monday 11 july 2011 notorious family order to leave city estate within weeks EVICTION OK SAYS JUDGE .A Limerick family who subjected their niehbours to a campaign of intimidation. forcing some residents to leave their homes in fear. have until the end of the month to pack their bags and leave their council house. An appeal by the family to have a possession order for their house at fairview crescent Garryowen, overturned, was struck out by Judge Petria Mc Donnell at the circuit civil court. Limerick City Couuncil applied for the possession order over concererns that the estate was in Danger of "Turning into a "Ghetto; according to a tenancy enforcement offcer, because of the actions of the family who had Threatened, Harrassed and assaulted their Neighbours, and caused Damage to Property, including houses and cars. Judge McDonnell affirmed the district court order, and told the Family, they have until August 1, to vacate the property. CCTV cameras, linked directly to Henry street Garda station where activity in Fairview Crescent Garryowen will be monitired 24hours a day, will be installed in the estate this week, to ensure there is no further trouble in the three weeks leading up to the family"s enviction. The Judge" decision to throw out the appeal has been described by a councillor as a Warning to other Families engaging in similar behaviour that the council is not afraid of securing their eviction and will pursue them in the courts. "I"ve always said once we get one eviction throug, other people who are also causing mayhem, and there are a small number of families arond the City who are doing this: when they recognise that they can no longer look for the court to allow them to continue as they have been, the"ll change their mand, the"ll change their attitude and they"ll change theeir tune, "said Cllr john Gilligan. "if they don"t, Limerick City Council will have no option but to go after these peple as well, ". When the appliction for a possession order first came before Limerick District Court Last year community Sergeant ,Ollie Kennedy, said the Tenants" Three eldest children wer involved in " The Highest level of Anti_ social behaviour". He said the two younger offenders_ a young teenage bot and girl_ would not have much regard for anyone living in the estate while their mother refuses to acknowledge the problem. The court heard that after one resident who"s child had been assaulted approached the disturbing."women she suggest the children should fight it out and whoever Wins will solve it. Judge Tom O"Donnell said he found her attitude" distubing".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement