Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All Kicking Off Again - Fairview Crescent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anti_c wrote: »
    troll

Troll :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

BROUWER-Adriaen-Brawling-Peasants.jpg

It was so nice to see the residents of fairview crescent straightening it out :)
    very rude post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

BROUWER-Adriaen-Brawling-Peasants.jpg

(scene from Fairview Crescent, taken yesterday)

Are you guys for real? Is this some sort of wind-up? Really?
    A well known fact of society is that small sharks get eaten by the bigger ones. Whats to say that the ones who 'fled' the water weren't just as responsible as the ones who are alleged to have caused the bother?
    Just that the ones who got evicted WERE CAUGHT too many times,
    made the loudest noise?
    A huge power struggle up there? Men squaring up to one another ect?
    Maybe the weaker fish would have been the ones causing grief had they not met their matches?
    You go live at any council estate and 95% of the tenants are unemployed, hanging round all day every day, sweeping paths ect, and all sick of the sight of one another (from all the hanging out at doors), rows are bound to happen.
    There is always going to be criminality, gatherings and so on.
    These are FREE HOUSES given to a majority who have never worked a day in their lazy ass lives.
    They fight over car parking cos their cars are big and bought out of "cleaims man!" and ther'es serious envy when the latest 2010 Passsssaaaattt pulls up out of the showroom.
    They make babies, that is what they do to GET the houses.
    Only requirement.

Now the ones who are crying 'we have lost our house over scumbags' should really be saying 'we have lost our free house
    over scumbags' or BIGGER scumbags maybe.

Then they have the gall to say 'now we have to go to the bottom of the housing list again' ....WTF do they expect?!
    "Im entitled to this Im entitled to that" mentality, "they have to house me" bullshi(t), that's what has this once fine country on its knees now - the utter abuse of a too fair welfare (welltoofair) system.
    Just as you have read about the evicted family getting another (and probably better) house from the HSE in the coming weeks, so too will these families who have surrendered 'their' homes in such dramatical style, they will get rent allowance to live in ANY AREA THEY CHOOSE aswell.

And what's left of our employed are still paying for it.
    I work 50+ and we're facing the third round of lay-offs in January.
    It doesn't feel good.
    I stand to lose my MORTGAGE, have worked since I was 16 and as I'm not skilled enough to emigrate I might have to spend the next 5-7 going to college to retrain.
    People's lives are falling apart. You know, the ones that have been worked hard at? Relationships are failing, kids without both parents together, friends of mine have had to go back to their parents aged 33 and 37. Self employed so couldnt get even the dole!

And reading this thread over the past few weeks I half agreed with some posters but now Im hearing 'bottom of the list' like they bloodywell expect another house in the morning! One comment that really got me was 'they put thousands in to their house' WHAT? SORRY?
    Why the sympathy for them I ask? It was all a gift in the first place.
    And what happens when you give the ungrateful a gift? They want a bigger and a better gift next time and give back sh(it) for thanks in the form of abusing neighbours and crying wolf when it backfires.

Limerick city council: Dont work? Wont work? sign the dotted line here....make ur babies while-U-wait...HSE will pay rent allowance while you do.
    Off you go now and pick out the nicest house you can get and tell some desperate landlord the HSE will pay till around 2020 when you get the new-build you are entitled to, watch landlord eyes pop from head and hand you over his keys and move to Spain with the tidy cash advance from HSE. Nowhere to be contacted when mortgage paying residents are being harassed by the toothless ‘victims’ who fled from their council estate over the bigger fish they couldnt handle.

And they say beggars cant be choosers? [Embedded Image Removed]
    Wow,could you be more naive if you tried,the people who had to flee their homes were working class people just like yourself,payed taxes just like yourself and payed top rent to the council because they were working,come on take your head out of the sand. Would you like these scumbags to move in next door to you,btw 2 of the families owned their homes.

sunday world yesterday fairview crestent garryowen can any one find the link ? Sunday world november 14 2010 Gateway to HELL we confront ireland"s worst family: Page 4 @ 5 Doorway to the family from hell . under seiege: the residents of fairview crescent garryowenhave been living in fear for the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sunday world yesterday fairview crestent garryowen can any one find the link

sunday world were down? christ, even MORE scumbags in fairview crescent.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    yes zuroph the sunday world two full pages 4 and 5 can any one please find the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I was temped to reply to anti_c "go on be a scumbag, buy the Sunday World and see for yourself."

I think your reply is more dignified, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i doubt the "Werild" would put anything up online for free. they're the last people you need fighting your corner, lying scum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Careful with the language, Z. There's no need to reduce yourself to their level ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LIMRK12

Sunday World!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wonder how long before we find out where they are going to be put.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Sunday Worl dstory now available on their web site

"OORWAY TO THE FAMILY FROM HELL
    GUN-WIELDING TEENS TERRORISING FEARFUL NEIGHBOURS

EVICTED: Our man at the house of the ‘family from hell’ THIS is the front door of the house of Ireland's worst family from hell.

From a distance, Fairview Crescent in Garryowen looks like a clean, spacious new housing estate.

But Limerick's most expensive ever public housing scheme has been dubbed the "estate from hell" after being taken over by rampaging, gun-wielding teens.

Over the last five years, more than 20 law-abiding families have been forced to abandon their homes in the estate after being targeted by "wild" teenage gangs.

On Monday, a family were finally evicted from their house on Fairview Crescent after a Limerick court heard how they terrorised their neighbours with pick axes, guns and threats.

The court heard how the family - who are close associates of Limerick feud gun victim Mark Moloney - were responsible for extreme vandalism, assaults, shootings and intimidation.
    Smashed

The gang - which includes a teenage girl - also smashed up nearly 200 cars during an orgy of violence last year.

Because to the age of the tearaway kids and pending legal actions, they cannot be named and shamed here. And they refused to come out when we arrived on their doorstep this week.

HAPPY: Louis Calvert, friend of the evicted family, says complaints were exaggeratedBut speaking to the Sunday World on Friday, the evicted family's neighbour and friend, Louis Calvert, claimed the complaints were "exaggerated".

Mr Calvert's family have also been accused of anti-social behaviour by residents, who have subsequently left the estate, and are now under investigation by Limerick City Council.

He said: "Sure it's a lovely estate and loads of people are happy to live here.

"It's all been exaggerated, they weren't up to anything - they were just being kids.

"It's not right to take a home away from a family, there are plenty of people who never complained."

He added: "I'm happy here and so are lots of other people.

"It's all a big fuss over nothing, ask people around here and they are all happy."

But despite Mr Calvert's claims, the anti-social behaviour in Fairview Crescent has been classed as the most extreme in Limerick's history.

One man, who asked not to be named, said the evicted family were worse than "wild animals".

"They had a knife fight with another family on the green in the estate in front of a group of kids recently.

"Most of the trouble is caused by two teenagers-a boy and a girl- they are totally out of control."

He added: "They are the lowest of the low.

"A man in his 80s was punched in the face recently, splitting his head open, for the craic. It's sickening."

The evicted family are close associates of gun victim Mark Moloney. Moloney (40) was gunned down out-side Garryowen stores in April 2008.

This week, Stephen O'Sullivan (20), of O'Malley Park in Southill, pleaded guilty to Moloney's manslaughter.

The family also have links to notorious criminal Stephen Fitzgerald (48) - a senior member of the Keane/Collopy gang.

UNDER SIEGE: The residents of Fairview Crescent, Garryowen, have been living in fear for the past few yearsLast year, Fitzgerald was given a four-year sentence for the unlawful possession of a handgun and ammunition in Limerick. The veteran criminal had to be subdued with a taser gun when he was arrested by cops.

A source said: "The teenagers use their links to the Keane/Collopy gang to intimidate people.

"They also have links to a feared traveller gang on the southside of the city and they are not afraid to use that connection."

Last year, the teenage female gang member hit the headlines when she was arrested after ramming a garda car with a van following
    a chase.

In court, gardai described how they received a call at 2.50am on September 15 after the girl was spotted driving a van through Limerick.

She drove the wrong way up a oneway street, broke a number of red lights and drove through a stop sign before crashing the van into a chasing garda patrol car.

One local man told the Sunday World the girl is extremely violent - despite her age.

"She is only a teenager but she is still very dangerous, she attacked a security guard with a hammer.

"Her brother - who they all call Baldy - backs her up on everything she does.

"He is a real scumbag, he has held guns and knives to people's heads.

In June, a 22-year-old member of the family was also ordered to stay out of Garryowen by a Limerick judge. The court granted an exclusion order against the violent thug for persistent anti-social behaviour.

More than 20 families have been forced to flee the estate in the last few years after receiving death threats from the teenage gang
    members.

One woman had a gun held to her head and was told she had 24 hours to flee the estate.

While over the summer, a gang member shot another resident's dog dead with a shotgun as a chilling warning to him to flee the area.

In a shocking interview last year, one woman described how she was tormented by the gang.

"They kicked in my door and threatened to rape and murder me and my mother. They said they would slit my throat and that my son would get a bullet in the head.

"We had to drop the case and told the guards we couldn't go to court, I had no other choice, but it never stopped.
    Threatened

"They never left us alone - they rang our phones and stopped us on the street and threatened us. I would walk into my home and they would all be gathered outside, I'd have to run through them."

Fairview Crescent was built in 2001 and was meant to herald a new dawn for public housing in Limerick. Before moving into the plush homes, residents were sent on courses and made sign a contract promising not to engage in anti-social behaviour.

However, locals claim the problems started straight away and the council refused to enforce the good-behaviour contract.

This week, Limerick District Court heard that five families have left the estate as a direct result of evicted family's behaviour this year.

The court was told that the woman's 13-year-old daughter and her 14-year old son are currently before the courts in relation to a separate incident and that her 22-year-old son has two convictions for breaching the Fairview Crescent exclusion order in recent
    months.

The judge also heard a number of complaints have also been made in relation to the behaviour of the evicted family's seven-year-old son.

Sgt Ollie Kennedy said gardai have been called to estate on numerous occasions but he said neighbours were "too afraid" to make formal complaints.

"From my dealings with the family, I would say they would have no regard for any person in the estate," he said, adding that gardai are "extremely concerned" over the behaviour of the family.

Sgt Kennedy said he does not believe the woman has any control over her children despite her insistence that she does not allow them out to play on their own.

Granting Limerick City Council's application for a possession order, the judge said it was clear that the tenant had "failed miserably" in respect of her obligations and he was satisfied said she has "absolutely and utterly no control over her children".

The judge added that he was "gobsmacked" at the litany of complaints. The family have now been given 60 days to move.

A local man told the Sunday World: "It's good riddance to bad rubbish but anyone who thinks the problems in Fairview Crescent are now at an end are either naive or plain stupid.""

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Every second post on this thread should point out that the Scum that turned Fairview Crescent into a Hellhole are funded every day of their lives and down to every last Cent by the Social Welfare System/HSE who are taking that money out of decent Folks pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Raiser wrote: »
    Every second post on this thread should point out that the Scum that turned Fairview Crescent into a Hellhole are funded every day of their lives and down to every last Cent by the Social Welfare System/HSE who are taking that money out of decent Folks pockets.
    To which alternating posts will reply " it's not their fault, disadvantaged, weren't hugged enough as children, need carrot not the stick waawaawaaa" unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Hopefully the IMF will come in and sort out the HSE and Social Welfare services so these vermin that sponge off the state and cause havoc might actually have to contemplate doing an honest days work to survive like the rest of us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

langdang wrote: »
    To which alternating posts will reply " it's not their fault, disadvantaged, weren't hugged enough as children, need carrot not the stick waawaawaaa" unfortunately....

Read the thread. I don't think anyone on this thread has shown any sympathy for the parents. The children yes, this is what they've grown up with, they don't know anything different.

For Raiser - These people are being funded by the H.S.E., and by extension, our Govt. Want a change? Vote them out and lobby for it with whoever ends up in Leinster House next. And please don't let it be O' Dea :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

langdang wrote: »

That attitude is gone I think.. I dont think many people will be shouting about it.

The public doesent care for people like them any more. The press know this and wont pull the heart strings..

HSE defends its rent subsidy role . limerickleader Monday november 15 by David hurley . last week the HSE was criticised over the way it administers the scheme in Limerick Fears were also expressed by a number of city councillors that the HSE will facilitate the relocation of the family from fairview crescent garryowen who are Facing eviction from their council home in january. Antisocial behaviour is an issue for landlords to tackle? Who are the landlords for fairview crescent garryowen ?Eddie murphy super intendent welfare officer with the HSE says the criticisms are unfair. Pass the buck limerick city council are 100 per cent to blame the are the landlords and the should be made answer to the people of our city. this story want happend in fairview crescent is VILE

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Im not a big fan of the sunday world myself but they are the only paper that named and shamed.
    moloney's utter scumbags.

louis calvert scum.
    These families are not capable of living in the same area as ordinary decent law aboding people,imo all the males of families like the above should be castrated at birth to save society for their utter evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

scumbags the lot of them

sunday world newspaper did a Great job Named the Eivl scum .......6 more weeks before One the Evil Vermons leave Fairview crescent Garryowen where do they GO? what happens if they move in next door to you?????? Sunday world are 1000 per cent rite name the Evil Evil people great job well done sunday world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

A small bit of justice for the people of fair view crescent,lets hope his partner in crime lewis calvert is next for jail.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/20-year-old-jailed-for-10-months-for-breaching-court-order-/7fa944dc-9479-42c8-bb7f-dad831fbef15

EDIT appoliges didnt see above post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

No worries anti c. Did you see this the other day?

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Limerickman-gets-15-years-for.6645974.jp

"Mark Moloney was in the wrong place at the wrong time"

Had to laugh at that, he got what he deserved.

Prime Time Rte 1 Fairview Crescent Garryowen

Prime Time Rte 1 Fairview Crescent Garryowen

when?

cruiser178 wrote: »
    when?[/QUOTET This Monday Nite AT 9.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Cathal McCarthy

Article 40.3.2: The State shall, in particular. by its laws protect as best it may from unjust attack and, in the case of an injustice done, vindicate the life, person, good name, and property rights of every citizen. - Constitution of Ireland

People have a constitutional right to live in peace but the state is failing them; "as best it may" isn't good enough. What is needed most in areas like Fair View Cresent is a dedicated Garda service. In Britain they have mobile cop shops that can be parked in an estate for as long as it takes to put manners on the anti-social elements.

I live in a regeneration area and we were promised a dedicated Garda service but it never happened. Instead, some of our problems were exported, while others remain. Their bad behaviour was rewarded with a nice house in a quite area while the decent people are left to stew in it. Their anti-social behaviour was never challanged and now the bad apples are everywhere.

We need a government that is willing to completely overhaul our policing service. I think at this point the Army should be used. Set up a Saighduiri Siochana to back up the Gardai (like the Gendarm do in France). Manners have to be put on the messers before any of their social problems are considered or addressed. Knock it on the head (literally)

So long as anti-social behaviour goes unchallanged it will thrive. If something isn't done then law abiding citizens will eventually snap and start reaching for the hurley, bar or baseball bat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

We need a government that is willing to completely overhaul our policing service. I think at this point the Army should be used. Set up a Saighduiri Siochana to back up the Gardai (like the Gendarm do in France). Manners have to be put on the messers before any of their social problems are considered or addressed. Knock it on the head (literally)

So long as anti-social behaviour goes unchallanged it will thrive. If something isn't done then law abiding citizens will eventually snap and start reaching for the hurley, bar or baseball bat.

Agree with you 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement