Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

royal irish regiment

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 motivated1

well said Shane, however Poccington is right, its not the army its the government that decide how many they can recruit because at the end of the day its them who have to pay these soldiers !

im not sure how old the post is im replying to but if u ended up applying for the RIR or whatever could u tell me about it?
    i am in the exact same boat as u, i applied for general service this year for the PDF and made it to the interview stage out of the 10500 ppl that applied for 480 jobs within the army, unfortunately i did not make it through to the first intake of recruits but managed to make the "pannel". after researchin the RIR,well i always knew about them, i found myself really being attracted to it, i would be suited to the lifestyle and a military career is al i want. joining the brits doesnt matter a ****e to me its just the job i want, i have no problem with anyone N/S of the border, we are all human at the end of the day!

so could u tell us how ya got on if ya did go through with it? ive recently applied but i wana get as much info as i can before i go to the 1st meeting,
    cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 motivated1

hi all, just wondering if anyone could tell me about recruit training for the Royal Irish Regiment.
    ive recently applied but havent sent the forms back in, they just said send ur forms back in and we will set up a meeting. but before i do that id just like to get an idea of how recruit trainin is structured. i know its 22 weeks, and that you 10 weeks in N.Irl and then 12 in Catterick,if anyone could tell me anything else about please let me know.
    thanks a million.

Advertisement