Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic wooden speedboat build , sink, search for, recovery and rebuild.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I see my old boat now has a girl on the deck :) photos from Wineport Weddings https://www.facebook.com/WineportWeddings

1239524_592772320760146_1752660303_n.jpg

969925_592772860760092_1081056271_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

::eek: What, no pfd's! Scandalous.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hifive wrote: »

Sad to say but when you get married not even a pfd can save you from sinking :D

The story so far sing along :D

http://vimeo.com/87412648

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭mufflets2

That is outstanding, fergal
    good editing

• Advertisement

I posted it on fb and then the wife posted this, I think she knows me well :D:D:D

1779096_575634662513934_1497571198_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Perhaps they did not go for a ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

fergal.b wrote: »
    Cheers kfod I was hopping to have her finished for her launch and christening on the 1st of March but all the bad weather I'm a bit behind :( with the finishing touches so she will be launched as is.

jamesM I did start to make up a hatch for the engine but then thought I might save up for some low profile aluminium exhausts that would allow the hatch to be flush with the deck except for the air intake. The saving is not going too well so I might have to go back to the old hatch or make a new one :)

Happy Birthday. I hope that the weather improves for the big launch tomorrow :)

where , when You launching fergal

mufflets2 wrote: »
    where , when You launching fergal

Launch was today at wineport lodge and she went like a dream :D

75990_10200607954999673_1830692558_n.jpg

The water was so high I was able to park outside my room :D

1656328_578078178936249_2071755126_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Looks great Fergal,
    Did the trim tabs do their stuff?

Looks great Fergal,
    Did the trim tabs do their stuff?

Yep she was perfect not a bounce out of her I'll try and get a video up in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Congratulations Fergal, can't wait to see the footage.

Congrats Fergal looking forward to seeing her out at Skerries over the summer

breghall wrote: »
    Congratulations Fergal, can't wait to see the footage.

I can't wait to hear the sounds! Congrats Fergal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItGACLF2MY

Well done Fergal !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Happy Birthday to Sean Nós!

Can't wait to see the video - a HUGE well done Fergal, I'm in awe of your skills and dedication and just sheer get-up-and-go. We've been the last five months talking about just antifouling our boat and haven't managed to do it yet. You've BUILT a bloody boat!

May you have many happy hours afloat :)

Thanks HeidiHeidi :D
    I have no video from in the boat this time as I need to see how the boat looked when on the plane so I could adjust the trim tabs and know when she was sitting right, I will have to wait till I get the video back from the back up boat, looking forward to seeing it myself. :)

DSCF1355.JPG

Here is a little bit of music for you :)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Sean Nós!

Can't wait to see the video - a HUGE well done Fergal, I'm in awe of your skills and dedication and just sheer get-up-and-go. We've been the last five months talking about just antifouling our boat and haven't managed to do it yet. You've BUILT a bloody boat!

May you have many happy hours afloat :)

Aargh, just realised I got the name wrong - duh!!! Ever so slightly morto :o

How nice of you not to point it out :D

Sentiment still stands, though!

ETA - just watched the video.... now that's what I call a good throaty roar!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Aargh, just realised I got the name wrong - duh!!! Ever so slightly morto :o

How nice of you not to point it out :D

Sentiment still stands, though!

I go by many names :D

fergal.b wrote: »
    Here is a little bit of music for you :)

First 20 secs was all I needed - fantastic, Handel has competition; if anyone is to have a boat without a stick, that is how it should sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

best of luck with the sale Fergal.

Will we see a new restore thread then, if you sell it???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,777 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't know how you could sell her.

Seems cheap too.

breghall wrote: »
    best of luck with the sale Fergal.

Will we see a new restore thread then, if you sell it???

Yep if it sells there will be a restoration thread :):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

id say sea hunter could make you money instead of costing you. doing sea tours fishing trips ect. not too many wheelchair accesssible boats around when you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

next boat you move onto should be a proper boat with sails. a howth 17 should give you a bit of a challenge :P good luck with the sale

neris wrote: »
    next boat you can move onto a proper boat. a howth 17 should give you a bit of a challenge :P good luck with the sale
    Could we maybe as a boards project persuade him to take on the DB24 fleet that were sadly sold off a few years back and as far as I know are languishing in a shed somewhere (last I heard they were to be refurbed and chartered in the south of France or Monaco - anyone know what happened to that plan???). We could all promise to lend a hand.....

Meanwhile, back down from cloud-cuckoo-land.... firstly can't believe you've actually put her up for sale so soon :mad: - but secondly, you seem to be a "project" man, so maybe I do understand, sort of (but I'm a natural hoarder, can't throw out a pair of socks, never mind sell a boat like that!) - and thirdly, what a (potential) beauty, in all sorts of ways, you've found as your next project!

Very best of luck if it all does go to plan, cannot WAIT for the new thread, it'll be mega! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Saw yer boat going on adverts this morning fergal. Who ever buys that will be singin' sweet home Alabama allllllllllllllll summer long! I'd buy it myself but it wouldnt do well in the hands of a n00b.

Advertisement