Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Same number called me this morning, they're really doing the rounds today!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

le_girl wrote: »
    Same number called me this morning, they're really doing the rounds today!

How much did you invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The hamptons won Limerick burger of the year. Can't say I've had it as I think the Hamptons is overpriced and poor compared to others, but seriously?

Curragower?
    Bobbys?
    Fast Eddie?

Surely they would be better than the hamptons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Old Firestation do a great veggie burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads/ladies/swan lovers

where would a man be able to buy 5-10ltrs of vinegar without buying small bottles in tescos

i dont have a musgraves card either.

*making pet friendly weedkiller.

• Advertisement

Chinese shop on upper Henry Street by the Limerick Post, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads/ladies/swan lovers

where would a man be able to buy 5-10ltrs of vinegar without buying small bottles in tescos

i dont have a musgraves card either.

*making pet friendly weedkiller.

I know you don't have a card yourself, but do you know anyone who might be able to pick it up for you? Do you have a local shop/chipper that you'd be friendly with or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    Chinese shop on upper Henry Street by the Limerick Post, maybe?

will check it out!
    I know you don't have a card yourself, but do you know anyone who might be able to pick it up for you? Do you have a local shop/chipper that you'd be friendly with or anything?

Had thought of that but dont know anyone suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Anyone here use Vodafone pay-as-you-go?

Howdy all! Does anybody have a set of JVC/Pioneer radrio removal keys I could borrow for an hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi guys,

I’m looking for someone that could engrave a hip flask as a birthday present ( in a hurry!!!)
    I bought the hip flask and was thinking of having it engraved the same as in the attached photo.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭phog

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I’m looking for someone that could engrave a hip flask as a birthday present ( in a hurry!!!)
    I bought the hip flask and was thinking of having it engraved the same as in the attached photo.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Try - JJ Kenneally's or Kemmy Stonecraft near Taits Clock - they engrave but whether they'll engrave something that wasn't purchased in their store I'm not sure

phog wrote: »
    Try - JJ Kenneally's or Kemmy Stonecraft near Taits Clock - they engrave but whether they'll engrave something that wasn't purchased in their store I'm not sure

I got a watch engraved there a few years ago. I was happy with the work and they had no problem doing it even when it had been bought elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Did anyone else every get call/txt msg from bank when trying to buy something online. i was buying something & paying by Paypal. Few sec Later msg from bank asking did you buy something Yes or No & hold was placed on my card till i ans them.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yep. Was in the UK earlier this year and was paying for accommodation. Booking was in wife's name, card was mine so booking site rejected it.
    Got a call from AIB shortly after similar to your situation, but I don't think they blocked the card.

Yep. Was in the UK earlier this year and was paying for accommodation. Booking was in wife's name, card was mine so booking site rejected it.
    Got a call from AIB shortly after similar to your situation, but I don't think they blocked the card.
    It was like ''is that you buying that ****, what are u buying that for??'' thought it was someone else buying it so we stopped them buying it,since its you u can work away & buy it.:D:D:D:D:D

It was like ''is that you buying that ****, what are u buying that for??'' thought it was someone else buying it so we stopped them buying it,since its you u can work away & buy it.:D:D:D:D:D

I buy a lot of stuff online and travel a bit. You'd think my BOI Visa Debit would trust me by now because I can't even remember my AIB Credit Card asking me to confirm a purchase.

Bank of Ireland is so tempermental. Once rejected the Thomas Street multistorey because you don't have to enter your pin. Very annoying.

Berty wrote: »
    I buy a lot of stuff online and travel a bit. You'd think my BOI Visa Debit would trust me by now because I can't even remember my AIB Credit Card asking me to confirm a purchase.

Bank of Ireland is so tempermental. Once rejected the Thomas Street multistorey because you don't have to enter your pin. Very annoying.
    But @ least its good in one way. you know they are keeping an eye on it. & u be always alerted straight away if anyone was @ it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

BOI sent me that text when there was suspicious activity on my credit card and thankfully they did because someone had gotten their hands on my details! Saved me a lot of hassle in the long run.

Got a call from PTSB the other day for unusual activity on my account. Turned out to be the local Costcutter who got a new card reader fitted that day and I was one of the first to use it. Everyone who used it got a call from the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Lads get an N26 account. Instant push notifications on your phone every time there's a transaction on the account.

source wrote: »
    Lads get an N26 account. Instant push notifications on your phone every time there's a transaction on the account.
    I know everytime anyway cause my card is the online one. Always use paypal or Amazon.so they usually guess when there something strange showing up on the credit card.

Upgrade Works for Parnell Street and Wickham Street went out for Tender overnight. Yep, these are the things I'd be reading at 7:30am :D

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=131715&B=&PS=1&PP=

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Badly needed - Wickham st is very badly run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wickham St would depress you. Be interesting to see will they leave it as two lanes of traffic or reduce it to one and widen the footpaths. Could they turn Upper Gerald Griffin St into a two way street and redirect traffic from Parnell St that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Wickham St would depress you. Be interesting to see will they leave it as two lanes of traffic or reduce it to one and widen the footpaths. Could they turn Upper Gerald Griffin St into a two way street and redirect traffic from Parnell St that way.

Unfortunately the latest plans show that they intend on maintaining two traffic lanes on Wickham Street. There will be no significant changes to the footpath widths, which is astonishing when you consider how inadequate they are. There's hardly enough space for two people to pass.

Once again the council have displayed a complete lack of vision and ambition. Wickham Street won't be revitalised by retaining the current traffic arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Finding it hard to get goats milk yoghurt around. Anyone spot it anywhere around Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Vanquished wrote: »
    Unfortunately the latest plans show that they intend on maintaining two traffic lanes on Wickham Street. There will be no significant changes to the footpath widths, which is astonishing when you consider how inadequate they are. There's hardly enough space for two people to pass.

Once again the council have displayed a complete lack of vision and ambition. Wickham Street won't be revitalised by retaining the current traffic arrangement.

Even harder when you have buggy or want to walk beside your child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mc Love wrote: »
    Badly needed - Wickham st is very badly run down.

This is not going to help Wickham Street at all. The plans are chronically bad and actually non-compliant with the mandatory regulations. No surprises there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It’s always good to see development, but to touch on what's been said, the Wickham Street footpaths are poor enough. If they’re leaving it two-lane then you can’t expect them to increase the footpath size as it’d only make a narrow road narrower and form another problem.

With regard to Parnell Street, there’s always works going on in the area between the station and Edward street so it’s a little tiresome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement