Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

steveon wrote: »
    Getting calls myself from there for the past two weeks.

Ya lot of spam calls from london lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Ya lot of spam calls from london lately
    I suppose it is better than using more unusual numbers from places like Africa for example. People would more than likely recognize a UK number and answer it as we all know people in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just got a call on the landline from 019990818. Don't think it was a Dublin number though. A very distant sounding foreign accent muttered something and then the line went dead.

Anyone else had this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just got a call on the landline from 019990818. Don't think it was a Dublin number though. A very distant sounding foreign accent muttered something and then the line went dead.

Anyone else had this?

They rang back this morning at 6.50am "Hello, I'm ringing from the technical department at Microsoft".
    I'll leave my reply to your imagination!

Just after getting another call now. 00123845966.
    Line went dead when I answered.

Bloody scammers!

Scammers are @ it again 00 44 3300417563 another Uk /london number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Scammers are @ it again 00 44 3300417563 another Uk /london number

I got one as well.

I got one as well.

Wonder Was the Office M16 looking for us ? 😂😂😂

Wonder Was the Office M16 looking for us ? 😂😂😂

My current location is on a Caribbean Island. I'd swear I saw thay Dr. No lad at breakfast.

:D:D:D & he didn't invite u to sit with him :P:P

I have a thread open but will ask here to. Does anybody know if the band The Guests who play/played in Nancy's are still on the go? Or would anyone have contact details for them? I've always wanted them for my wedding and ms moneypenny has given me carte blanche on booking the band...

Also, any recommendations gratefully recieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I too wanted them to play but they never returned my calls. There is a boardsie that does play with them, cant recall their handle though

Mc Love wrote: »
    I too wanted them to play but they never returned my calls. There is a boardsie that does play with them, cant recall their handle though

Who did you get in the end if you don't mind me asking?

Who did you get in the end if you don't mind me asking?

The Suite were the best value and a great band, really professional to deal with but I would also recommend Blue Moose (they used to play Smyths, not sure if they still do)

The Suite were the best value and a great band, really professional to deal with but I would also recommend Blue Moose (they used to play Smyths, not sure if they still do)

Great, thanks a million. I have a feeling they played a colleagues wedding recently.

Was sitting down on Bishops Quay and could hear sirens coming from Dock road. Then comes 4 unmarked squad cars with the armed response unit leading them tear into the back of Henry St station. Looked serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Was sitting down on Bishops Quay and could hear sirens coming from Dock road. Then comes 4 unmarked squad cars with the armed response unit leading them tear into the back of Henry St station. Looked serious!

They went flying out the Dock Road earlier this morning though there was only 3 unmarked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Deli at the petrol station was probably running low on Jambons.

WARNING TO EVERYONE IN DOORADOYLE AREA: this “Navan Furniture” truck with an English Reg has been driving in & out of every street & cul de sac in the . Keep an eye out! Reg no. WNIO ZMX

WARNING TO EVERYONE IN DOORADOYLE AREA: this “Navan Furniture” truck with an English Reg has been driving in & out of every street & cul de sac in the . Keep an eye out! Reg no. WNIO ZMX

I will! Have they anything nice? The hall mat is getting a bit grubby looking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any recommendations on where to buy laminate timber flooring in Limerick, also, looking for someone to lay the floor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, if I buy a pay-as-you-go phone from Vodafone, will they unlock the phone for me in the shop?

If not, anywhere in town that will unlock a phone there and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Lads, if I buy a pay-as-you-go phone from Vodafone, will they unlock the phone for me in the shop?

No usually there is a limit of credit you have to spend to get it unlocked. Not sure about anyplace in town that will unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

If you’re open to buying elsewhere, Argos have a good range of sim-free phones.

If you’re open to buying elsewhere, Argos have a good range of sim-free phones.
    Trying to avoid sim-free phones, quite a premium on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Trying to avoid sim-free phones, quite a premium on them.

Try adverts or any of them phone repair places all sell phones too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

A sim-free phone in Argos will work out about the same price as a PAYG phone Vodafone + unlock , but if you are going that way the guy in DarkSide used to unlock them, if he is still there .

jonski wrote: »
    A sim-free phone in Argos will work out about the same price as a PAYG phone Vodafone + unlock , but if you are going that way the guy in DarkSide used to unlock them, if he is still there .
    That’s what I Was wondering, will someone like that Be able to unlock a new phone despite that need to spend x amount of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

jonski wrote: »

The person at the back of DarkSide has perhaps moved on: there was somebody else there a few months ago when I enquired about unlocking something. I suspect he sold the business, and I wasn't comfortable about the new people so I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

That’s what I Was wondering, will someone like that Be able to unlock a new phone despite that need to spend x amount of credit.

Some mobiles are very difficult or impossible to unlock: the necessary codes or whatever are just not available (am not an expert so don't know the details) so take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Any ideas where you'd get a decent spice rack in Limerick? Have tried Homestore, The Range and Argos, none of them quite what I'm looking for and some have only 12 spices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement