Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Factory carpets place do cheap and cheerful beds.

Nice one, will take a look. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Finally got around to going to Eva yesterday. Had never been before. Was with a friend who was born and bred in Corbally whom had never even heared of Eva before I mentioned it. We only went to Cleeves but it was really cool. Would really recommend for people to go. It's pretty awesome that we have it on it doorstep and it's a fantastic use of derelict space. The potential of the Cleeves site is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Was at the last Eva and it was class. It’s exactly the sort of “hidden gem” I’d expect to find in one of the big European cities. Great to have in Limerick where it’s not so hidden. Looking forward to seeing the current Eva when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What exactly is over in the Cleeves site?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

hard to explain whats in it so its prob worth a visit to see for yourself. when i went it was free in and there was plenty of parking. I'm pretty sure its supposed to be free anyway. see link - http://www.eva.ie7654

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

mdmix wrote: »
    hard to explain whats in it so its prob worth a visit to see for yourself. when i went it was free in and there was plenty of parking. I'm pretty sure its supposed to be free anyway. see link - http://www.eva.ie7654

It is like an art exhibition isnt Eva. that happens every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I still have no idea what EVA is...some art thing.

Now lads:P:cool::cool:

EVA International is Ireland's Biennial of Contemporary Art. Every two years EVA International works with guest curators to create a 12-week programme of exhibitions and events that engage with the people and city of Limerick, Ireland.

keane2097 wrote:
    What exactly is over in the Cleeves site?

It's amazing. You walk around the site and there is black curtains hiding the various exhibits. There is something completely different in every room.

I see Maser is currently down in Limerick doing an an art piece for team limerick clean up beside the old fire station. Really looking forward to seeing what he does. It's exciting (and surprising!) that team limerick clean up are commissioning these types of pieces.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Who?

Maser

Who?

Vladimir, between Eva and Maser we need to culture you! Maser is a well known Dublin based street artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

panda100 wrote: »
    Vladimir, between Eva and Maser we need to culture you! Maser is a well known Dublin based street artist.

the only street artist we recognize around here is bulletz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

dashoonage wrote: »
    the only street artist we recognize around here is bulletz

Was it an e, always thought it was an i?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Was it an e, always thought it was an i?

Thats his french cousin youre thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Now lads:P:cool::cool:

EVA International is Ireland's Biennial of Contemporary Art. Every two years EVA International works with guest curators to create a 12-week programme of exhibitions and events that engage with the people and city of Limerick, Ireland.

Eva is around since the 70s...when you mention the big X made out of shipping containers that was in the centre of Arthurs Quay park people normally remember that installation.

This year the theme is a series of well known paintings by renowned Limerick artist Sean Keating...there is a really cool video on loop in a small unit just inside the entrance to the Crescent Shopping Centre...

Eva is very much an acquired taste...its not for everyone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tender has gone out for a feasibility study for an improvement in access to the southside of the city from the motorway network, given the lack of access at Rosbrien

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=129008&B=ETENDERS_SIMPLE&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Actually, that video is available on youtube, the people marching were the artists campaign for repeal the 8th, it passed up through the city on the opening friday, I have to say it was an impressive sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGu4z9Eaudc

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

Got a letter today about turn off on the 18th June,also on other thread www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057854980

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Got a letter today about turn off on the 18th June,also on other thread www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057854980

ya we have broadband without a TV package so we get the 18 or so channels through cable. Will this be switched off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

damowill wrote: »
    ya we have broadband without a TV package so we get the 18 or so channels through cable. Will this be switched off?

Yep. Broadband won’t be affected. They won’t be out to your house to disconnect anything. They are just turning off the analogue TV system.

What's going on with Greene's Cafe in town. Says closed for renovations but looks like it's for good. Prime location but it really was terrible in the months before it shut

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What's going on with Greene's Cafe in town. Says closed for renovations but looks like it's for good. Prime location but it really was terrible in the months before it shut

Really needs a change of guard there. A cold and hot counter wasn't appealing or attractive. Needs a really fresh change here.

It was really poor in the months before it closed. Dirty too. Could be a goldmine if run properly. Great location and inside is nice (needs a lick of paint and new furniture)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

https://www.limerick.ie/form/have-your-say

I just submitted a form on the state of the tarmac on the streets, can I ask that others do too?

https://www.limerick.ie/form/have-your-say

I just submitted a form on the state of the tarmac on the streets, can I ask that others do too?

Good man. I did the same and forwarded it on via whatsapp etc. The sister who lives in Dublin was down tonight and was not impressed.

"You can take the girl out of Limerick....".

Serious piss poor effort from the council there.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Movies at the Castle on June 17th.

I’m sure kids would love watching Shrek at the castle. Stand By Me seems a bit random though. Robin Hood or something similar would be class.

https://www.shannonheritage.com/Events/AnnualEvents/MoviesatKingJohnsCastle/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

steamboat quay car park putting its prices up to 16 per week or 64 per week. big jump from 12/40.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

angeldaisy wrote: »
    steamboat quay car park putting its prices up to 16 per week or 64 per week. big jump from 12/40.

I fecking know! And I still have two months on my loyalty card!!

It was definitely going to happen sooner or later though as the car park has been filling up in the last two months as Howleys & Harveys Quay have pushed their prices up to 75/80 for the month.

Kind of looking into what I'll have to do. Get the bus?? Cycle??

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I fecking know! And I still have two months on my loyalty card!!

It was definitely going to happen sooner or later though as the car park has been filling up in the last two months as Howleys & Harveys Quay have pushed their prices up to 75/80 for the month.

Kind of looking into what I'll have to do. Get the bus?? Cycle??

Cycle is okay if it is dry but if it is raining or frosty cold it is a different story. you dont want to be turning up to work drowned / sweaty from the wet gear do u.?? You will spend another 10-15 mins then getting dry & fixing yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement