Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

This is a public forum and is governed by the rules of boards and the local charter, name calling/abuse of anyone will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where in Limerick would I get a can of butane gas for a soldering iron?

Also, where could I pick up a shaving brush, I've seen sets but I just need a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Isn't butane gas the stuff used in lighters? Almost any shop would have it, yellow can, camping stores would definitely have it.

adaminho wrote: »

Thanks, I was in Boots about a fortnight ago, walked around it but never saw the brush.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Isn't butane gas the stuff used in lighters? Almost any shop would have it, yellow can, camping stores would definitely have it.

I wondered was it the same stuff, might call to Cahill's on Wickham St so.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

phog wrote: »
    Thanks, I was in Boots about a fortnight ago, walked around it but never saw the brush.

They are usually on the bottom shelf near the shave balms and such.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Also, where could I pick up a shaving brush, I've seen sets but I just need a brush.

If you can wait until Monday, the man who runs shaving.ie (Chris) is fantastic. Plenty to choose from and usually next day delivery. He posts on the Facial Hair & Hats forum here every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Agree with an file, go with Chris, you'll get a much better quality brush that will last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Looks like one of Yflyers Fast&Furious suspects tried to go through a roundabout last night round Groody. Met a lamp post instead. Boo hoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Must have gotten air on the speed bumps so if going at pace.

Out along the cois gruadha raceway. Failed to enter a roundabout by turning left. Or turning at all by the look of it. Clown got air off the roundabout maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Looks like one of Yflyers Fast&Furious suspects tried to go through a roundabout last night round Groody. Met a lamp post instead. Boo hoo.

Ya saw that there today hit it a right wallop straight throught the fence & hit the street light a right wallop bent down a good bit. couldnt take the roundabout lucky he didnt hit the concrete ballards there beside the gate wayto the circus/funfair field.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I didn't see that. Usually I cut through Brookfield Hall when heading up to Cois Ghruda.

Anybody know if Aldi or Lidl be open today? In town atm and both Dunnes and Tesco are close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

YFlyer wrote: »
    Anybody know if Aldi or Lidl be open today? In town atm and both Dunnes and Tesco are close.

Tesco Roxboro is open

Cheers. Aldi Dublin road is close.

YFlyer wrote: »
    I didn't see that. Usually I cut through Brookfield Hall when heading up to Cois Ghruda.

I'm still figuring out wheres where in limerick. Google maps tells me the mangled street lamp is on the fairground side of the roundabout out the front of brookfield hall.

Saw a report of a "high speed chase" ended in kerry recently with stingers to puncture tyres. An hour's chase over 55 km of roads. Either crap reporting or they have a very different definition of high speed in kerry...

I think every Tesco in the country was open today

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Tesco Arthurs Quay was closed (to my surprise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Tesco Dooradoyle closed too.

Looks like they were the only ones closed http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/

Clareman wrote: »
    I think every Tesco in the country was open today

The crescent wasn't at 7:00. Newcastle west was at 6:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

was watching Food network.Craving now for a steak sandwich. cant remember where i got a Philly Steak sandwich before.
    anyone any ideas ??

What's the story with the sand bags along the riverbank on the condell rd? Are they there since the flood last year?

What's the story with the sand bags along the riverbank on the condell rd? Are they there since the flood last year?

Additional ones were added recently for a spring tide, they're a real eyesore.

Additional ones were added recently for a spring tide, they're a real eyesore.

They look terrible. You'd think they cover them in earth or something

Safety feature, like tyre barrier. We all know how dangerous that road is.
    Wander over 50kmph? You'll be glad of those sandbags...

Safety feature, like tyre barrier. We all know how dangerous that road is.
    Wander over 50kmph? You'll be glad of those sandbags...

Haha I'm assuming you're taking the mick. A couple of sand bags aren't gonna stop an out of control speeding car :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭RINO87

and when did they gate off the walkway along the river?? looks pretty permanent too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement