Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Haha I'm assuming you're taking the mick.
    I can assure you that neither I nor the people who set the 50kmph limit are taking the Michael.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

That area of wet lands on the condell road needs a good clean on the left side has turned into a drinking and junkie spot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Why does Showtime have so many disabled parking spaces??? i mean three or four is fine..............but nearly every one outside the front entrance is a disabled spot must be about 20 plus, is it necessary to have so many :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

fryup wrote: »
    Why does Showtime have so many disabled parking spaces??? i mean three or four is fine..............but nearly every one outside the front entrance is a disabled spot must be about 20 plus, is it necessary to have so many :confused:

That used to be the case but they actually powerhosed away some of the markings so they are not actually all disabled spots anymore. They argued that they had too many and were basically servicing all the other businesses. There are a few spots that the markings are actually now very faint and they are not disabled parkers anymore. I have got the spot right outside the door on a few occasions because people don't realise.

I don't understand why so many Park on the double yellow lines outside showtime. The parking spots across the way are literally 50 yards further away and always loads of parking there.

Jofspring wrote: »
    That used to be the case but they actually powerhosed away some of the markings so they are not actually all disabled spots anymore.

well they didn't do a very good job of it, cause when i was there friday evening it looked like they were clearly marked disabled, didn't know where to park as i didn't want to get clamped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

well they didn't do a very good job of it, cause when i was there friday evening it looked like they were clearly marked disabled, didn't know where to park as i didn't want to get clamped

Ya it wasn't a lot they powerhosed/removed but they did remove a few. It's not the cinema that wanted all those disabled spots either from what I was told.

they'd want to do something about it promto, cause i can imagine them losing a lot of business over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

they'd want to do something about it promto, cause i can imagine them losing a lot of business over it
    Really? I don't see how.

^^^^^^^^^

people might think they can't park in those spaces, unless they have a valid disabled badge

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

^^^^^^^^^

people might think they can't park in those spaces, unless they have a valid disabled badge

Yeah, but there's still a huge carpark 20 yards behind those spaces...

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^

Wow...there are HUNDREDS of spaces in that retail park. Hundreds. If you wont go to the cinema because you cant park RIGHT outside the door, you need to reassess your life.

There should be plenty of disabled spaces regardless.

1) No where is ever gonna lose out on business because of excess disabled parking. That's just ridiculous.

2) I'm 100℅ in favour of disabled parking spots and I feel the urge to kill when I see non disabled (able bodied) people parking in them.

3) Some places in this country have FAR too many disabled parking spots. The crescent shopping centre comes to mind.

Parchment wrote: »

There should be plenty of disabled spaces regardless.

yes of course, but should there be 20 side by side in the one area? it just doesn't make sense

yes of course, but should there be 20 side by side in the one area? it just doesn't make sense

Maybe it doesnt but its not the worst thing in the world. Or one to get annoyed over.

Able bodied people can walk the 50 metres from the other spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Parchment wrote: »
    Maybe it doesnt but its not the worst thing in the world. Or one to get annoyed over.

Able bodied people can walk the 50 metres from the other spaces.

Whenever I go to the cinema I need to get 4 children under seven from the car to the door, all those empty disabled spots are a bit of a pain in the hole if I have to park by Woodies and carry the smallest two like rugby balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody know what was happening on the n18 by rosbrien earlier around 5pm? Dual carriageway closed. We had to get off dual carriageway and go through Raheen to rejoin the m20.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Anybody know what was happening on the n18 by rosbrien earlier around 5pm? Dual carriageway closed. We had to get off dual carriageway and go through Raheen to rejoin the m20.

There was a Tweet going around earlier that a nearby fire was causing reduced visibility. They probably closed it off until the smoke died down.

Again? There was a fire in the waste land on the M7-M20 slip road last week. They had to close the slip road and divert traffic down as far as the Dock Rd. Nightmare!

I didn't see any smoke or smell anything. One side of the road was moving but the Dublin direction side wasn't. I was on it. The smoke obviously didn't stop at the central barrier.

I did see fire engines leaving on the other side of the road but nothing was moving before or after them. Most of us gave up and did u turn.

There were zero gardai on scene. Only gardai were at the roundabout holding up the dock road as we exited the road going the wrong way.

Ah Sunday's eh

I didn't see any smoke or smell anything. One side of the road was moving but the Dublin direction side wasn't. I was on it. The smoke obviously didn't stop at the central barrier.

Found what I was looking for:

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch/status/589827399908491264

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch/status/589823088801488896

• Advertisement

I see they've finally seen sense and removed that taxi rank from the door of penneys. They should really find a better use for that location that just ignoring it.

Not a good time to be a taxi driver. It just means more of them illegally parking on other roads blocking lanes because all the ranks are full because I didn't see where they moved them to.

Actually I passed the rank by the side of Arthur's quay park recently of a busy Friday and there was a queue of people waiting for a taxi. Came around by penneys and it was full with no customers waiting. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Actually, I thought it was an ideal location for a taxi rank and worse still I think they've removed parking spots to move the rank so motorists and possibly the city traders have been hit by that move.

I hope the council use that space for something worthwhile.

Ideal location for a rank if you're a taxi driver.

There's ranks outside the bank of Ireland, boots and the other side of debenhams. Enough ranks. Too many taxis is the main issue. Can't keep building ranks for them I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

They should have made it two lane rank one on the inside facing towards Arthurs Quay the outside facing up o Connel street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

sioda wrote: »
    They should have made it two lane rank one on the inside facing towards Arthurs Quay the outside facing up o Connel street

Even though there is that small rank by the Tourist Office, I agree. It's a pain to have to go all round the houses when you're going the other direction.

EDITED TO ADD:
    I see they've finally seen sense and removed that taxi rank from the door of penneys. They should really find a better use for that location that just ignoring it.

Not a good time to be a taxi driver. It just means more of them illegally parking on other roads blocking lanes because all the ranks are full because I didn't see where they moved them to.

Actually I passed the rank by the side of Arthur's quay park recently of a busy Friday and there was a queue of people waiting for a taxi. Came around by penneys and it was full with no customers waiting. Weird.
    Oh, just seen BB's post. Removal of that rank could be inconvenient - I often use it. People queue by the Arthur's Quay Park one because it's facing the right direction if you're going north.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any shops in city centre that will print photos from a USB stick? I know I can head out to Soundstore or Harvey Norman's but I want to save myself the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I saw all the taxis across road from BTs main entrance the other day and hoped it was just temporary. It was always a great spot for parking, fast turnover of cars virtually always got a spot. They've reduced lots of on street parking in last year, eggs Harveys quay and outside the old ESB offices with wide footpath bays for no obvious reason.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

phog wrote: »
    Any shops in city centre that will print photos from a USB stick? I know I can head out to Soundstore or Harvey Norman's but I want to save myself the trip.

Can't remember the name, but small shop for printing photos on William street near Boots, I've done it there recently and it was good value, or another shop around the corner on Chapel Lane/Cruises Street

I saw all the taxis across road from BTs main entrance the other day and hoped it was just temporary. It was always a great spot for parking, fast turnover of cars virtually always got a spot. They've reduced lots of on street parking in last year, eggs Harveys quay and outside the old ESB offices with wide footpath bays for no obvious reason.

That's a taxi rank from 5pm onwards I think. Same as outside wok king unless the signs have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

phog wrote: »

Tesco's in Arthur's Quay have a photo printing machine. I thought I saw a USB port on it (not 100% certain though, hope I'm not mixing it up with somewhere else).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement