Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »
    That's a taxi rank from 5pm onwards I think. Same as outside wok king unless the signs have changed.

I think they've made that a permanent rank now since they moved to one from in front of Penney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »
    I think they've made that a permanent rank now since they moved to one from in front of Penney's.

Yep. You're right. Spotted it earlier. Taxis are still on the wrong side of the road. Should have made the waste of a lane outside the church towards the chicken hut the rank because passengers shouldn't be getting into a passenger seat of a taxi on the roadside.

Also have people noticed that rank by boots is sinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

O'Connors and Whealans both print pictures form memory sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Those Annoying charity chuggers are starting to call to people houses now annoying them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Is there still a Thornton's up Cruises Street, I haven't taken much notice.

If not, any alternatives to get some fancy chocolates for a nice gift?

• Advertisement

Thorntons, dunno.

Butlers in the crescent is the right job for stuff other than that then Leonidas across from Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Yep! Thorntons is still there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

leonidas and butlers are much better than Thornton, in my opinion at least.

I want to get like 2x 30/40 chocs. So are any of them decent to deal with, as in give me a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Don't forget about Melt on Little Catherine Street too!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Looks like the city it is and have a look at melt Leonidas and Thornton's.

I might have to test a few first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was in 2 shops on Cruises street today, Silver wood and Glitter something or other. Now I dress smart casual, so it wasn't that they thought I was a skanger, but neither place even acknowledged my presence in the shop, even though I was the only customer in either shop. A simple 'hello' would have been nice, as well as good business practice. I didn't buy anything in either place. Some businesses really need to try harder, all they have to offer is the personal touch and if they can't be bothered to do that there's no reason not to shop online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I was in 2 shops on Cruises street today, Silver wood and Glitter something or other. Now I dress smart casual, so it wasn't that they thought I was a skanger, but neither place even acknowledged my presence in the shop, even though I was the only customer in either shop. A simple 'hello' would have been nice, as well as good business practice. I didn't buy anything in either place. Some businesses really need to try harder, all they have to offer is the personal touch and if they can't be bothered to do that there's no reason not to shop online.

I'm half and half on this. I agree with what you're saying. I'd just prefer if they didn't do it. I won't go in to a small shop, of any description (chemist, newsagents, hobby shop) unless I can get back out without an awkward "I'm not buying anything" feeling. :D so acknowledging me doesn't help :D

I'm half and half on this. I agree with what you're saying. I'd just prefer if they didn't do it. I won't go in to a small shop, of any description (chemist, newsagents, hobby shop) unless I can get back out without an awkward "I'm not buying anything" feeling. :D so acknowledging me doesn't help :D

I know what you mean, but a simple smile and a hello make a difference. I may as well have been invisible and I'll be surprised if either shop is still there in a years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was in Silverwood with the missus and kids a few weeks ago and the lady there was absolutely lovely, couldn't have been nicer even while the kids were being a little overactive in the craft area downstairs. Not suggesting your own post is untrue but I'd hate for people to get a bad impression on the strength of the post, it seemed like a lovely shop and we made a promise to go back and spend some money soon so impressed were we by the service.

I was in Silverwood with the missus and kids a few weeks ago and the lady there was absolutely lovely, couldn't have been nicer even while the kids were being a little overactive in the craft area downstairs. Not suggesting your own post is untrue but I'd hate for people to get a bad impression on the strength of the post, it seemed like a lovely shop and we made a promise to go back and spend some money soon so impressed were we by the service.

The shop is very well fitted out, but the service was non-existant. I didn't know they had a downstairs area as I didn't bother to hang around long enough to look. I worked in retail for years and I know bad service when I see it.

The shop is very well fitted out, but the service was non-existant. I didn't know they had a downstairs area as I didn't bother to hang around long enough to look. I worked in retail for years and I know bad service when I see it.

My point was that you may have encountered a bad staff member but it is not necessarily representative of the shop as a whole, maybe the opposite was true for me. The downstairs area is right in front of you as you go in, local artists and craftspeople sell through the shop.

I see that the honest limerickman website has given up, noticed he hadn't posted anything in months and when I went to check today he's become all positive!!

I see that the honest limerickman website has given up, noticed he hadn't posted anything in months and when I went to check today he's become all positive!!

Had a look there. Its gonna be a new ILoveLimerick thing by the looks of it. For shame. All the old articles seem to be gone too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

They got rid of a taxi rank to put in a crepe stall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They got rid of a taxi rank to put in a crepe stall?

I believe there is actually some sort of garden/park being put there permanently

Where would I get one of these tiny fuses?

2.5a 250v fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Are they doing Molly's up or has it closed down? Windows are blocked and there was a skip outside full of crap.

Are they doing Molly's up or has it closed down? Windows are blocked and there was a skip outside full of crap.

Closed till Thursday for renovations.

Berty, any electrical wholesalers or maplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Berty wrote: »
    Where would I get one of these tiny fuses?

2.5a 250v fuse.

A lot of newsagents and local shops stock them also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Anyone notice outside Penneys has been cleared of the flower pots etc but now just a random crepe stall there now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Check the stand in petrol stations that has a lot of stuff like thread, tape and the likes, often has a batch of them. You might want to check some leads or old plugs, they might have 1 in it if you're stuck.

bigpink wrote: »
    Anyone notice outside Penneys has been cleared of the flower pots etc but now just a random crepe stall there now

I parked there Bank Holiday Monday. Great spaces. Lol

Jofspring wrote: »
    A lot of newsagents and local shops stock them also.

That's not your typical fuse for a plug. It looks like a time delay/slow blow fuse. You'll only get them in certain places

• Advertisement

That's not your typical fuse for a plug. It looks like a time delay/slow blow fuse. You'll only get them in certain places

I've had a look at other similar pieces of old electrical stuff around the house and most seem to be a 7.5amp. This is only 2.5amp so I'll check out Maplin. They have similar time delay fuses on their website but not the amp I'd like. Maybe they will in store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement