Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Kess73 wrote: »
    xsiborg wrote: »
    the awkward moment when you get hailed to attention from across the street by another boardsie and lose your train of thought and go- 'hey... ehh, ehh... oh! sniper!', and then you realise... no! :o

So what are you saying? You were having "relations" with Sniper, got hailed by another Boardsie (possibly a fedora wearing one :P), and stammered a bit as you dismounted Sniper?

kess im getting you a wooden spoon for christmas, you know i could never come between the snipe and the fedora sporting swan fancier! :eek:

try saying that fast three times-

fedora forting spon fancier, fed... ugh, never mind! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe. :D

The Snipe. :D

i figured you'd get the bird reference... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

It was me >:(

It was me >:(

awh snipe, didnt mean it in a bad way at all, no need to get in a flap about it, the swan whisperer will be along any minute now to take you under his wing... :p

• Advertisement

The poet in Pink? The Queen Bee? The names can keep on comming eh IO ;)

The poet in Pink? The Queen Bee? The names can keep on comming eh IO ;)

Ah the Snipe, the Tyrion Lannister of Boards. :D Ya little imp.;)

A bloody disgrace :mad:

Anyone see the Limerick Post this week?

Both O'Connells and Russels used a picture of Tyrion Sniper The Snipe, and put him in a green outfit as part of their full page adverts.

I demand Boards style justice for our Limerick imp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Pics or GTFO!!

Pics or GTFO!!

Would it not be a potentially copyrighted item or at the very least a form of advertising if I put up pics?

Page 89 of the Limerick Post and also page 91.

You should be able to see it in the digital edition anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

A bloody disgrace :mad:

Anyone see the Limerick Post this week?

Both O'Connells and Russels used a picture of Tyrion Sniper The Snipe, and put him in a green outfit as part of their full page adverts.

I demand Boards style justice for our Limerick imp.

He's also on page 95 in an ad for the Unicorn, though I think it's a more recent pic judging from the false teeth and dyed hair and beard :pac:

He's also on page 95 in an ad for the Unicorn, though I think it's a more recent pic judging from the false teeth and dyed hair and beard :pac:

No that is not him on page 95. Different face. :D

The page 89 and 91 pics even have similar bum fluff on the face. :D

Was wondering if there was a link between O'Connells and Russels though, given they both used the same wee man in their adverts, unless of course it is some generic copyright free image.

No that is not him on page 95. Different face. :D

The page 89 and 91 pics even have similar bum fluff on the face. :D

Was wondering if there was a link between O'Connells and Russels though, given they both used the same wee man in their adverts, unless of course it is some generic copyright free image.

You haven't heard about the cosmetic work he had done then? :D

Oh and Snipe?

It's Thursday. You know, the day you make up some excuse as to why you are hiding not in the area.:p You will be going for four Thursdays in a row tonight if you make an excuse.

Oh and Snipe?

It's Thursday. You know, the day you make up some excuse as to why you are hiding not in the area.:p You will be going for four Thursdays in a row tonight if you make an excuse.

Ha ha I'd almost be tempted to hang around and see this showdown tonight but I've plans :D Does Sniper hide in the bushes or what?

He has threatened to nip at my ankles or something, but each week I pass his house on the way to my friend's house down the next street in the estate he goes missing. At one stage I thought that I was going to end up in a ruckus resembling the hallway fight in Oldboy, such was the level of intimidation from the Imp. :D

I reckon he is going to have a fedora wearing mod waiting for me some week.:p

Mind you The Snipe and his family are a big upgrade on who used to live in the house before them as that individual was certainly unique.

Ah like a little Jack Russell puppy lol... Oldboy! Wow that would be an impressive scene :D

Yeah the fedora wearer with an army of swans lying in wait and Sniper taking photos ha ha :D

Doubt there would be much to worry about though ;)

His family seem nice so yeah I guess it's an improvement even with the little imp ha ha that will be my new nickname for him :)

Ah like a little Jack Russell puppy lol... Oldboy! Wow that would be an impressive scene :D

Yeah the fedora wearer with an army of swans lying in wait and Sniper taking photos ha ha :D

Doubt there would be much to worry about though ;)

His family seem nice so yeah I guess it's an improvement even with the little imp ha ha that will be my new nickname for him :)

Imp to some, Tyrion Lannister to others. And to a select few he is the Snipe.:D

He has threatened to nip at my ankles or something, but each week I pass his house on the way to my friend's house down the next street in the estate he goes missing. At one stage I thought that I was going to end up in a ruckus resembling the hallway fight in Oldboy, such was the level of intimidation from the Imp. :D

I reckon he is going to have a fedora wearing mod waiting for me some week.:p

Mind you The Snipe and his family are a big upgrade on who used to live in the house before them as that individual was certainly unique.

The one that even tried charging us for the carpet and tried to take it away with her when she moved out? That had mirrors all around the house, and everything keyd to stop someone breaking in! :P

Yep that's her. A real original. :D Have seen her on the main road a few times in recent weeks. Nuttier than a squirrel's larder.

Can remember what she was like some 20 or more years ago, and even to me she stood out, and that's coming from someone who grew up going to the same shop that Pete Burns worked in. :D

You are defo a step up on her.

• Advertisement

What time will be you flaunting your stuff by mine later? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

*phew* 47 pages later and I'm done for the night.

What time will be you flaunting your stuff by mine later? :P

Same time as I do every Thursday that House is on tv.

No sign of ya last night. :p

The Snipe is dead, long live the Kess. :D

I think we could get a Game Of Thrones theme going here.

You would be Tyrion Lannister the Imp. The woman who lived in the house before you would be the Mad Queen (yes I know it was a mad king in GOT). Tern Tickler could be the Loras Tyrell character.

The Snipe is dead, long live the Kess.

funny you should say that actually because as i was coming home last night by o' connell monument a banner caught my eye with "happy saint patricks day from KES", something like that anyway big and bold written on it, i instantly thought "printers must have missed an S, Kess won't be best pleased about that!".

and then i read- "Kilmartin Educational Services" on it! :o

waaaay too much time on boards! :D

funny you should say that actually because as i was coming home last night by o' connell monument a banner caught my eye with "happy saint patricks day from KES", something like that anyway big and bold written on it, i instantly thought "printers must have missed an S, Kess won't be best pleased about that!".

and then i read- "Kilmartin Educational Services" on it! :o

waaaay too much time on boards! :D

Kess is in your head, making a mess. :)

Hell if anyone goes to Brooklyn, you can go look at the King Kess sign. :D

http://www.brooklynstreetart.com/theblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/brooklyn-street-art-king-kess-jaime-rojo-08-09.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Posting on Boards during my break at work. #legendary

by any chance will we see a "Children of Lir" float in this years parade IO? you could hold auditions for swans down at clancy strand! :D:p

Bit of a Barney Stinson now eh? Guess I was spot on in calling you Loras Tyrell :p All you need now is to chuck in some awesome.

by any chance will we see a "Children of Lir" float in this years parade IO? you could hold auditions for swans down at clancy strand! :D:p

Maybe himself and the Imp could skip in front of the parade with little crocks of gold. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

With all this nonsense in here lately I feel like taking the black to get away from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement