Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It sounds like its coming from the middle of the chimney, sounds very flustered and distressed.

couldn't post it while on the mobile, but a quick google gave me this:

apparently you'll have to open all the doors, pull back the guard from the fireplace, wait til the bird struggles free eventually, then falls down and flies out.

and to prevent it happening in future, you can get chimney protectors, they are basically like a cage that goes over your chimney that lets the smoke out, but doesnt let the birds in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    It sounds like its coming from the middle of the chimney, sounds very flustered and distressed.

Take a look outside when you next hear the bird and look at the chimney. It is not impossible that a bird went in, but it is much more likely that it is one either sitting on your chimney or checking out your chimney as a spot to build a nest.

A bird at or near the top of a chimney can sound much closer than it actually is, and is often mistaken as being a bird half way down.

If what you are hearing is loud fluttering/rustling or semi coarse calls then my money is on it being a corvid ( jackdaw or crow most likely) near the top of your chimney, or could possible be a starling.

Much more likely it is a bird checking out a potential nest site than it is a stuck bird.

If it is a nest seeker, then I would advise you to get the chimney checked from the roof asap before an actual nest is in place, and to get a bird guard put on the chimney after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

or get a good cat

KB's are no good...I have em already anyways...

meh...i have some H iron at home ill prob chop up and put handles on :P

When I mentioned kettlebells I was not talking about the 10lbs to 75lbs types that people use at home. You can get much heavier ones designed solely for two handed lifts. You can get ones that weigh 100kg upwards.

If you have to persist with home made alternatives, then don't do something like trying to put handles onto a piece of H iron ffs. Go and see if you can source a metal dairy container.

They look like this

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bonanzleimages/afu/images/9408/7969/HP.HOOD_1920.jpg

The Irish ones that I have seen has more flared handles which allow for better grip and also for a grip surface to be applied. The handles are designed to take heavy weight, and you would be able to alternate how much weight you want it to be through it being a container. It would also be somewhat balanced if you packed it correctly.

Have seen then in Co-op stores and possibly someone might have one they do not need lying in a shed or garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

or get a good cat

Landlord made us get rid of her!! :(

Thanks Kess, cant see anything but the noise has stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick Beers this Friday, anyone? Probably involving the Blind Pig at some stage, but open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Rubberbandits are premiering a new video on Republic of Telly tonight.

Limerick Beers this Friday, anyone? Probably involving the Blind Pig at some stage, but open to suggestions.

Are Dirty Diamonds playing the pig this Friday or was that last Friday? I am too lazy to text someone to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I may head out for a chat but I wont be drinking, I don't wanna drink for a while after last weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Sounds good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I may head out for a chat but I wont be drinking, I don't wanna drink for a while after last weekend :P

You not drinking?! My goodness this 2012 thing must have some truth to it :D

After last weekend! Not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Red Neck Hughie

I can't find a Limerick lost and found thread so..
    found today: at Woodhaven Castletroy
    Blue Dell wrist band usb memory stick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know why or how there is a dublin bus bus stop on Milford Road (by the Spar) in Castletroy? :confused:

And what buses even use those shelters? :P

Anyone know why or how there is a dublin bus bus stop on Milford Road (by the Spar) in Castletroy? :confused:

decentralisation

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Maybe there's a bus going to Dublin from there. Probably just ran out of normal bus stops though.

On a fairly different note, I was stopped in traffic lights near the Malton last night and noticed two goats inside this fence across the road staring at me. At first I thought this was strange: Goats? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within this carpark?

But I realised this is Limerick, so maybe this is typical, and that the response from people could be more along the lines of “What?! You didn’t know about the goats?”

I’m willing to take that chance though. Anyone know what the story is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Voy wrote: »
    Maybe there's a bus going to Dublin from there. Probably just ran out of normal bus stops though.

On a fairly different note, I was stopped in traffic lights near the Malton last night and noticed two goats inside this fence across the road staring at me. At first I thought this was strange: Goats? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within this carpark?

But I realised this is Limerick, so maybe this is typical, and that the response from people could be more along the lines of “What?! You didn’t know about the goats?”

There's a halting site across the road from the Maldron and they always have all manner of animals roaming around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Bus Eireann don't, I don't know did they ever. But the Dublin Coach goes up that way I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Voy wrote: »

The aurora borealis I'd expect, but goats, that's like expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition :D

Meh. Monty Python lines need a picture or youtube vid. Damn you Sherlock, damn you. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

See that they have finally done some work on the Ballysimon interchange and have actually made it two lanes on one side.

Somebody must have read the plans backwards because there are two lanes INBOUND from the flyover to Conlans NOT outbound. Surely they should have done the other side first. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kess73 wrote: »
    Meh. Monty Python lines need a picture or youtube vid. Damn you Sherlock, damn you. :mad:

We're still okay to post YouTube videos. :)

Kess, will you be joining the Beers Friday aswell? :) Infact, who is going?! :P

negative....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Is is still there?

/Me sets off to Milford road with tent and candles to hold a vigil in praise of all things Dublin-esque!

We're still okay to post YouTube videos. :)

Thought it had to be ones put up on youtube by the copyright holders?

Nope, but I will be in the Blind Pig on the 17th. My mate's band is playing that night.

Kess73 wrote: »

Nope, but I will be in the Blind Pig on the 17th. My mate's band is playing that night.

Does that mean you'll finally make yourself known? :P BTW, won't be around tomorrow, going to be working with our friend Richard, there's a fashion show for Pieta house and I wanna do my bit to help support it.

Does that mean you'll finally make yourself known? :P BTW, won't be around tomorrow, going to be working with our friend Richard, there's a fashion show for Pieta house and I wanna do my bit to help support it.

Hmmm bit of a pattern emerging here. Three Thursday in a row you have ran away. I was going to bring the new car with me tomorrow night as I get it in the morning.

I think I will change the name from Portland Avenue to Yellowback Lane. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

is anyone else on the touch site getting the broken link image smileys and the blank bar where the boards apps are usually advertised?

the blank bar thing started yesterday and the broken smileys started this evening!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement