Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

xsiborg wrote: »
    i googled, they're a band, not my kinda music though... :o

I see...

I'll pass...

:p

IO does this mean you will be hungover at training tomorrow?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Training tomorrow? Won't be happening! :P

(but not because of a hang-over! I just haven't paid my fees for the month.)

I got to know one of the lads from the band when he was in Mary I. Great craic altogether. :) In the Pig tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Gonna throw it in here for anyone who may know whom it may belong to, 2 people were arrested trying to trade in a stolen camera today worth an aprox. €1200 in Limerick today.

Not sure on details of what camera it is, oro who might own it, I was only asked was it mine, or anyone I might know by my sister.

More info in my post in the photography section:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77145936&postcount=1

Hope this is okay with Tommy and the guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Delighted to hear they were arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm just back from the Pig. Everything is set up and ready to go for the gig tonight. All 3 floors are open.

There is a nice new Porterhouse Stout in there if anybody wants to try something different. Also other products(from other folks) but Porterhouse Plain is the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can anyone recommend a set of ear-phones to use while running? The ipod ones suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

the JVC ear bud ones they have in currys for €30 are brilliant, i have the same problem that most regular ear bud ones won't stay, or don't fit comfortably in my ears, until i got these, and the sound too - awesome! :)

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a set of ear-phones to use while running? The ipod ones suck!

Sennheiser PMX680. Water resistant with a strengthened neckband and cable.

Jaybird Freedom sports earphones. Wireless and has bluetooth for those that bring a phone with them.

Both of those stay on during fairly intensive cross country sessions and will stay on during full on heavy bag work. Track running and jogging pose no challenge to those earphones in terms of staying in and comfort.

Sound quality is excellent in both, and both have excellent build quality.

Always be sure to get a pair that are sweat resistant as well as water resistant. A lot of what gets packaged as "sports" earphones are nothing of the sort and do not have reinforced cabling or the ability to take sweat and water for a sustained persiod of time.

Get as good as your budget will allow, and you will have a set that will last you a long time, rather than getting cheaper sets that you have to replace each year or sooner.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »

Sennheiser PMX680. Water resistant with a strengthened neckband and cable.

Jaybird Freedom sports earphones. Wireless and has bluetooth for those that bring a phone with them.

Both of those stay on during fairly intensive cross country sessions and will stay on during full on heavy bag work. Track running and jogging pose no challenge to those earphones in terms of staying in and comfort.

Sound quality is excellent in both, and both have excellent build quality.

Always be sure to get a pair that are sweat resistant as well as water resistant. A lot of what gets packaged as "sports" earphones are nothing of the sort and do not have reinforced cabling or the ability to take sweat and water for a sustained persiod of time.

Get as good as your budget will allow, and you will have a set that will last you a long time, rather than getting cheaper sets that you have to replace each year or sooner.

excellent advice here McLove from Kess, who's far more into his athletics and fitness and seems to know his stuff about audio, as opposed to myself whose 'exercise regime' mostly consists of exercising my fingers on the keyboard and walking only to the shop for smokes! :p

Thought he might have his say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The problem here is that the iPod ones fall out during exercise, yes? Am I right? Is that it? Thats your curse isn't it McLovin?

- You could have your earholes surgically minimized, its a day procedure in Barringtons Hospital, but bring your own grapes.

was just coming down glentworth street there from the people's park when i saw four teenagers at each corner of a green car and then one of them on the inside path (i stood watching on the opposite path) went from trying the front passenger door to the back passenger door, they took another look around and then spotted me, and we both knew what the other was at, so as soon as i took out my phone pretending to make a call, they shuffled off and stood in the doorway of gleesons, while i walked down and straight into henry street garda station to report them.

i hope at least i prevented one car owner from coming back to their car being wrecked by these thoughtless little twats that have no appreciation for what its like for people who have to EARN their income rather than steal and vandalise other people's property.

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

Simliar story, last year I had just pulled into a parking spot on Catherine St, I was about to head for a walk but stayed listening to Newstalk for a few minutes. Then I saw a few lads walking along and trying the car doors nearest the footpath as they walked, I wound down the window and shouted at them as they tried a car opposite mine, they just walked along and laughed.

I had to find a new parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mulgrave street closed following an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

On the subject I would reccomend never parking on Michael St overnight, I've had to work near there the occasional Monday morning and without fail there is broken car window glass on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

More young ones knocking the heads off each other on Cruises St at 6 yesterday eveing :rolleyes: rang Henry St and sure, of course there was no sign of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Just sharing this here, I sick of getting invites from people for an Aldi voucher give away on Facebook. Great in theory, only Aldi don't do vouchers.

So I went snooping and found this:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/aldi-survey-scam.shtml

Folks if anyone on here as gotten this invite don't bloody go near it.

Just to be sure I called Aldi today and they have assured me that it is a scam and has nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Harpers down by the Market / On the Market

Nice deal for breakfast

http://www.grabone.ie/limerick/harpers-coffee-house

• Advertisement

Time to begin my Eircom rage again... ****ING PORT FORWARDING!

And for some reason the router is only reading 1 meg for my connection when its supposed to be 3..

Oh I can't wait to change to UPC...

Anyone know how long it takes to change over? (TV Already with them, Phone and BB with Eircom)

And for some reason the router is only reading 1 meg for my connection when its supposed to be 3..

Anyone know how long it takes to change over? (TV Already with them, Phone and BB with Eircom)

i DID warn you XS that router was a pain in the proverbial for port forwarding, broke my fkin heart, (requires a LOT of effort, and patience, but it CAN be got to work, too awkward to explain how here), hence why i wouldn't fob it off on drifter, who specifically wanted one FOR port forwarding, i figured you just wanted basic internet connectivity.

as to why you'd now be getting 1MB instead of 3MB, that's NOT the router, because it has been used on a 24MB line, and my own line which is 10MB, so that'd be an issue for eircom.

usually though you'd be waiting a week for UPC to come and do an install, and i don't know if they get you up and running straight away or not because the line doesn't have to be provisioned like DSL.

oh, just before i forget, i think there's some sort of a deal between UPC and boards for a discount, and don't forget too to ask about as you're now going to be taking up triple play, (television, phone and now broadband), ask them about the €250 voucher you MIGHT qualify for (seeing as you're now adding a service, i don't know if technically it's a change in your contract!), no harm in asking anyway.

i know there's a verified UPC rep that hangs around in the broadband forums, cant remember his name off the top of my head, but it might be worth shooting off a PM (oh, funnies- sniper, shooting... never mind! :o) to him.

Really good night tonight actually with IO and Xsi :P how me and Xsi ended up in costellos with a few very very intellectual discussions is beyond me, but it really fed the brain!

I never knew how alike we actually were.... No homo :P

BTW... We need more random waffle :P

Also I had an idea in the pipes for a few months of a limerick forums book club to share books we've read for the past few months what's ye'ar (using a slag term there not sure on actual prefix on that) on that idea?

Really good night tonight actually with IO and Xsi :P how me and Xsi ended up in costellos with a few very very intellectual discussions is beyond me, but it really fed the brain!

I never knew how alike we actually were.... No homo :P

BTW... We need more random waffle :P

Also I had an idea in the pipes for a few months of a limerick forums book club to share books we've read for the past few months what's ye'ar (using a slag term there not sure on actual prefix on that) on that idea?

yeah, and wait til ya read this in the morning ya little brad pitt lookalike fecker, (is it weird that im posting 20mins after XS? meh! :p] but hey, bloody great night and we definitely hafta do the quiz night again, as long as i dont have to listen to you talk about the guy whose name shall not be spoken around these parts! :D

Best of look expecting vastly improved broadband in your area by switching to UPC.

My friend near you thought the same. If you use a fixed line in your area then you are going to be stuck with frustrating speeds.

Did a speed test on an eircom set up about 300 yards from your house and the fastest a 3 meg package could do was 1.76 download with an upload rate of 0.21.

The same house switched to a UPC package and the "improved speeds brought it to 1.79 download and 0.20 upload.

Just because the package you get sold is offering 8 meg or higher does not mean you will get anywhere near it, and the company is protected by it's small print which clearly states that the higher listed speeds are only possible in areas that have the lines etc to support it. BCG does not have the lines to support it.

I loath eircom, but if you go to UPC and still use eircom lines, then your problem will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I loath eircom, but if you go to UPC and still use eircom lines, then your problem will remain.

UPC don't use Eircom lines, they're entirely different infrastructures. UPC is delivered through cable, not phoneline.

Best of look expecting vastly improved broadband in your area by switching to UPC.

My friend near you thought the same. If you use a fixed line in your area then you are going to be stuck with frustrating speeds.

Did a speed test on an eircom set up about 300 yards from your house and the fastest a 3 meg package could do was 1.76 download with an upload rate of 0.21.

The same house switched to a UPC package and the "improved speeds brought it to 1.79 download and 0.20 upload.

Just because the package you get sold is offering 8 meg or higher does not mean you will get anywhere near it, and the company is protected by it's small print which clearly states that the higher listed speeds are only possible in areas that have the lines etc to support it. BCG does not have the lines to support it.

AFAIK it does now have the lines to support it, from talking to people, but if your right, ill make sure first and ill get in contact with em to find out.

AFAIK it does now have the lines to support it, from talking to people, but if your right, ill make sure first and ill get in contact with em to find out.

Well the test on my friend's UPC set up was done two weeks ago and her new set up was pretty much giving the same speeds as her old Eircom set up. She lives about 300 yards, probably less, from your house, so I imagine whatever you get in will be of similar speed. She certainly did not get the "up to three times faster than the broadband you use now" improvement

Well I'm going to be contacting them about their 100MB Package, so I'll defoniatly be checking on what the speeds are around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I'm living quite close and have the 50mb package, I'm regularly getting around 45-48mb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement