Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

<snip>

sorry not really appropriate for that to be discussed here on boards, if you read the obituary......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

kilburn wrote: »
    sorry not really appropriate for that to be discussed here on boards, if you read the obituary......

ok tnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Sorry, I just wanted to ask the locals, after nearly ten months here, does it actually ever stop raining in Limerick???

Stupid question really, I know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sorry, I just wanted to ask the locals, after nearly ten months here, does it actually ever stop raining in Limerick???

It's stopped now! Hurrah!

Edit: it's started again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You think it's bad here. Try Galway. It is nearly always raining there. :(

Heck, at least we don't have traffic anything like any other City in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Beer Baron wrote: »

Oddly enough, there was.hardly any traffic in Dublin today.

Oddly enough, there was.hardly any traffic in Dublin today.

The roads into Limerick at 1pm were clogged today, which was out of the ordinary(but doesn't contradict my recent comment).

Where were they going? Childers Road Retail Park mostly so I used the Bloodmill road to get passed the Tipperary road. Town was equally as bad with people who acting like they just got their licenses that day.

On the way from Coonagh home we passed by the Crescent and even the massive overflow car park out the back of Argos/Next and further over was FULL.

Parents have such great entertainment standards for their kids when it rains. :rolleyes:

Parents have such great entertainment standards for their kids when it rains. :rolleyes:

"Hey kids! Let's go to Atlantic Homecare!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

think the rain is bad in ireland? text from my mate in AUSTRALIA at half six this morning-

"god damn bloody rain seriously it hasnt stopped since i got here, so not impressed".

she's there a week, and i thought australia was practically non-stop sunshine! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Where were they going? Childers Road Retail Park mostly so I used the Bloodmill road to get passed the Tipperary road. Town was equally as bad with people who acting like they just got their licenses that day.

I know the chances are very low but there could be a chance of that happening!!
    Now people who don't know how to walk on a feicin footpath....THAT'S UNFORGIVABLE :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The roads into Limerick at 1pm were clogged today, which was out of the ordinary(but doesn't contradict my recent comment).

On the way from Coonagh home we passed by the Crescent and even the massive overflow car park out the back of Argos/Next and further over was FULL.

There was a five car pile up on the Tipperary road today and as a result a section of road had to be closed. Traffic was meant to be very heavy as a result for a number of hours, so that probably added to what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was talking to a taxi driver the other day and he told me its practically dead on saturdays now. My parents said the same today, and said it was the first time in a long while there were a queue of cars going into the crescent.

They also said some of their favourite stalls in the milk market have disappeared. Its not rosy at all as far as the CC is concerned. I think that UL should re-locate or locate some of its campus in the CC as not only would there be more people in town, it would bring a bit more atmosphere to the place too

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was talking to a taxi driver the other day and he told me its practically dead on saturdays now. My parents said the same today, and said it was the first time in a long while there were a queue of cars going into the crescent.

Why get a Taxi when you can get a bus to be fair?

I thought town was very busy on Friday myself. Specifically made a comment to a retailer whom agreed.(flash in the pan)

Why get a Taxi when you can get a bus to be fair?

I thought town was very busy on Friday myself. Specifically made a comment to a retailer whom agreed.(flash in the pan)

I was also in on Friday and didnt think it was that busy (10-11.30)

Why would I get a bus? Can it drop me to my house? No sadly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Mc Love wrote: »

They also said some of their favourite stalls in the milk market have disappeared. Its not rosy at all as far as the CC is concerned. I think that UL should re-locate or locate some of its campus in the CC as not only would there be more people in town, it would bring a bit more atmosphere to the place too

If UL was to relocate entirely they'd need the entire city centre.

One of the big selling points is the campus- there's no city centre cutting through it.

What about the millions which have been spent on new buildings on the campus in recent years?

re-locate some, or should I say it again some of their campus there!

It would be great for the city. But then I thought about it. Mary I is in the city and so is the Art college to be fair...so maybe it isnt that great.

People need to shop and if the SC's can draw people out of the city with their shops, then its time the CC drop their rates to increase the number of retailers opening up which would increase the footfall - cant see it happening though

Does anyone know of any shop in town that has a jacket/coat/blazer with leopard print on it?

new look in cruises street, was only looking at them the other day, furry lepoard print coats... :)

xsiborg wrote: »
    new look in cruises street, was only looking at them the other day, furry lepoard print coats... :)

*wants*

Shpensive??

ahh nuts, i wouldnt mind but i didnt think at the time to look, my wife was buying, i was just carrying the bags! :D

• Advertisement

ahh nuts, i wouldnt mind but i didnt think at the time to look, my wife was buying, i was just carrying the bags! :D

Damn youuuu! *shakes fist* :p

SarahBeep! wrote: »

*wants*

Shpensive??

just down here in new look now (posting from boards mobile) and im looking at them jackets down the back of the shop, 45 clams... :|

my wife spotted purple blouses in here the other day for €22 just inside the door after she seen them on xposé... christ its difficult to avoid the oul txtspeak posting from mobile! :D

Hmmm. Purple blouse, ay? That could work.

Hmmm. Purple blouse, ay? That could work.

ohh yeah i remember now you were looking for something purple, and was it something zebra print aswel? in that case have a gander in the window of river island, its not "quite" zebra print, more like a black tin of paint splashed on a white furry jacket, but sure you can judge for yourself if it gets a yay or nay... :D

*heads off over to the ilovelimerick thread*... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

So there was another idiot driving down the wrong side of the motorway again today (in the overtaking lane). Then proceeded to drive up the on-ramp at the Tipperary rd junction.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

More people need to know about this.

More people need to know about this.

Jimmy Pop has a punchable face. The fact he thinks that comedy rock is worthwhile is another good reason to punch him.:)

h3000 wrote: »
    So there was another idiot driving down the wrong side of the motorway again today (in the overtaking lane). Then proceeded to drive up the on-ramp at the Tipperary rd junction.

Limerick really has a lot of special types who manage to drive on the wrong side of roads. Thankfully the motorway and tunnel has not seen any major accidents in terms of injuries or deaths caused by that type of idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Kess73 wrote: »
    Limerick really has a lot of special types who manage to drive on the wrong side of roads. Thankfully the motorway and tunnel has not seen any major accidents in terms of injuries or deaths caused by that type of idiot.

Seems to be common enough to happen in the tunnel aswell.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the clocks are going back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement