Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know when the clocks are going back?

This weekend, Sat night/Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just did a search there for the "best breakfast in limerick" thread and i saw there has been quite a few, as well as the one i remembered, which by now if i'd dragged it up would have earned me a slap on the wrist for dragging up a zombie thread, lol, so, aaaannnyway...

just had a delicious mini-irish in o' connells, my wife had a fresh croissant, and a pot of tea for one was more like a pot of tea for three! i'd a coffee myself though, but exceptional value for money too.

and, i also noticed the rather unique "in training" menu, all sorts of healthy options like boiled chicken for protein build-up if you're that healthily inclined (im really not... :o), and a "baby bowl" option for toddlers- free! quite strange, but has to be commended! :)

right, im off before this starts to sound less like a waffle and more like a review! :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Staying in Limerick the weekend and wondering if theres anything decent going on ie, fun things, gigs, good bands playing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

xsiborg wrote: »
    just did a search there for the "best breakfast in limerick" thread and i saw there has been quite a few, as well as the one i remembered, which by now if i'd dragged it up would have earned me a slap on the wrist for dragging up a zombie thread, lol, so, aaaannnyway...

just had a delicious mini-irish in o' connells, my wife had a fresh croissant, and a pot of tea for one was more like a pot of tea for three! i'd a coffee myself though, but exceptional value for money too.

and, i also noticed the rather unique "in training" menu, all sorts of healthy options like boiled chicken for protein build-up if you're that healthily inclined (im really not... :o), and a "baby bowl" option for toddlers- free! quite strange, but has to be commended! :)

right, im off before this starts to sound less like a waffle and more like a review! :o:D

The also do a great soup and sandwich deal for lunch for €5.50. Massive bowl of soup and any sandwich you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Staying in Limerick the weekend and wondering if theres anything decent going on ie, fun things, gigs, good bands playing etc...

halloween fancy dress parties everywhere, plus, if Metal was your thing, all day music festival the Siege of Limerick takes place on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

source wrote: »
    The also do a great soup and sandwich deal for lunch for €5.50. Massive bowl of soup and any sandwich you want.

O'Connells as in the Old Quarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    halloween fancy dress parties everywhere, plus, if Metal was your thing, all day music festival the Siege of Limerick takes place on Sunday.

It's on this Sunday? Just as well you mentioned it as I had the wrong date in my head for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Stay at home weekender in Baker Place looks awesome (Donal Dineen!) Pity I'll be 'ourra da 'Rick' this weekend (so :( and :) at the same time!)

http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/stay_at_home_this_october_in_the_baker_place_complex_1_3180118

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I love this.....

..... and then the toilet flushed again that night and the divil came up and got everyone in the family

I miss Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Yup. Nice soup too.

• Advertisement

I love this.....

..... and then the toilet flushed again that night and the divil came up and got everyone in the family

I miss Limerick :(

ahh here, there's too many one liner giggles in that to pick a favourite, haha, i thought at first "nine minutes, geez", (attention span of a two year old! :D), deadly though, some of the stories, kinda like local urban legends! :D

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Yup. Nice soup too.

mushroom soup and brown bread soup of the day today for €4.20, went for the pork dinner though for €8.95, just waiting on it now... :)

on a side-note though, history of limerick not being my strongest subject, i noticed on the way down here between cruises street and denmark street, there's a joining street called "quimper square", now quimper being an area in france... did the french have something to do with limerick history? :|

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

mushroom soup and brown bread soup of the day today for €4.20, went for the pork dinner though for €8.95, just waiting on it now... :)

on a side-note though, history of limerick not being my strongest subject, i noticed on the way down here between cruises street and denmark street, there's a joining street called "quimper square", now quimper being an area in france... did the french have something to do with limerick history? :|

Limerick is twinned with Quimper! the statue on cruises street is "the Lady of Quimper!"

i gaaave notice that i'd leave my apartment by the end of this month, and the place i was moving to fell through!! AAAAGGGHHH, what'll i do?!?!?!?!

i need city centre for €450 or less, not mount kenneth gettoes.....

aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhh help!!

i gaaave notice that i'd leave my apartment by the end of this month, and the place i was moving to fell through!! AAAAGGGHHH, what'll i do?!?!?!?!

i need city centre for €450 or less, not mount kenneth gettoes.....

aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhh help!!

hmm, thats a tall order i'd say seeing as the mount kennet/richmond court apartments start off at about €550 for a one-bedroom, you'd be pressed even to get a bedsit for that money i'd imagine, daft.ie might be your best bet... :|

EDIT: just had a quick look on daft.ie:

The Mews, The Crescent, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick City, Co. Limerick, €400 Monthly

DOUBLE EDIT: just read your username backwards! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Does anyone know if the farm shop in anacotty is still doing the deal on 25 chicken breasts for 25 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just saw a picture of Cruises Street destroyed with litter last night. Seriously, what's wrong with some people?! :mad:

Just saw a picture of Cruises Street destroyed with litter last night. Seriously, what's wrong with some people?! :mad:

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

WOW!! when you said destroyed, you really WEREN'T exaggerating! :eek:

i thought before i saw the pic- "few MaccyD burger wrappers, cruises street is always like that in the morning...", but that picture just beggars belief!

can't understand the mindset of anyone that'd think this would be "funny" tbh, it's just downright vandalism! i hope they have the perpetrators on CCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bloody disgrace is what that is. And looking at the picture, it probably took a bit of time to do given the amount of rubbish.

As Xsiborg said, I hope they are caught doing it on CCTV and get their full names etc in the local papers as well as proper fines etc.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bloody disgrace is what that is. And looking at the picture, it probably took a bit of time to do given the amount of rubbish.

As Xsiborg said, I hope they are caught doing it on CCTV and get their full names etc in the local papers as well as proper fines etc.

Dont mind the full names. I demand they are made spend a Saturday standing outside HMV with a sign acknowledging who they are.

I walked through it last night and we were stunned! my boyfriend was furious, he's spanish and he was like "people are always giving limerick a bad name, saying 'knackers this, and scumbags that', but this was all done by students getting a supposed better education...."

the funny thing was i was going through the rubbish outside the shops (with permission! Art student style), and i spotted three shoeboxes i need outside footlocker, but i didn't have the hands free to carry them, so i said to myself, "I'll come back later for them so long as no one has pissed on them"... and that is what i returned to!!!!!

just spotted jerry flannery walking down little catherine street there, he nearly tripped over my wife's tongue that was hanging out over the railing here at bean an ti, haha, "body on him!" she goes, craning her neck around like an owl for a better look! :D

*mutter mutter grumble*... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah but if we did the same to a fit woman - no doubt we would get a slap and herself would be in a mood for the rest of the day.

Equal rights - yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nope I'm allowed look at them and make lewd comments about them up to a point. I'm not allowed refer to her friends or sister.

Why? It's because she knows that I am too overweight and lazy for any woman to put up with me other than herself. :D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Nope I'm allowed look at them and make lewd comments about them up to a point. I'm not allowed refer to her friends or sister.

Why? It's because she knows that I am too overweight and lazy for any woman to put up with me other than herself. :D

suddenly BB your avatar becomes more apt, lol ;) i see your beer belly and raise you a pair of love handles you could hang your clothes off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

suddenly BB your avatar becomes more apt, lol ;) i see your beer belly and raise you a pair of love handles you could hang your clothes off! :D

I even have a similar hat. No blue pants though. :(

I'm bored!!!!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any plans for the weekend that's in it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement