Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst accent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

"gimme four-een mas-bas and a chicken baw-ga luv"

- droghedian

"eh well. give us tuuuu bluuu shooos there hey. good luck"

- dundalkian

Drogheda accent on some people is pretty shocking alright,it remind's me of an urbanised meath accent or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

KeithM89 wrote: »

Not sure if this was a fake or not, but if that kid did kick the ball at the fella on the bike then yer man should have punched the head off him, and the auld wan too if she stuck her mush in.

I reckon it may be a fake as the mother reacted amazingly quickly so either it's a fake or she was looking out the window and saw the kid kicking the ball at the cyclist? if real then the kid should have got his head kicked in, hate scumbag kids who think they can get away with anything just cos they're kids :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

The Arklow accent is absolutely awful. I've lived here a few years now and I still find it hard to understand someone with a thick Aaarkla accent.
    Makes them sound like their shoe size is larger than their I.Q. (which if you've ever been here and talked to many of the locals you soon realise is not very far from the truth).

Belfast in particular or any strong Nordie accent I find ugly as hell and an assault on my ears.

D4-pretentious and affected.

Geordie-makes them sound thick. Cheryl Cole *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Not sure if this was a fake or not, but if that kid did kick the ball at the fella on the bike then yer man should have punched the head off him, and the auld wan too if she stuck her mush in.

I reckon it may be a fake as the mother reacted amazingly quickly so either it's a fake or she was looking out the window and saw the kid kicking the ball at the cyclist? if real then the kid should have got his head kicked in, hate scumbag kids who think they can get away with anything just cos they're kids :mad:

Pretty sure it's real. A friend of mine lives down the road from that house and said they're all pure cnuts.

But yeah I do hate the Cork accent the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Pretty sure it's real. A friend of mine lives down the road from that house and said they're all pure cnuts.

But yeah I do hate the Cork accent the most.
    I quite like the Cork accent.....

Is that weird?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

ricero wrote: »
    im the only dub in me class in college and im surrounded by cultchies and northies on a daily basis. the Monaghan accent is super sexy and also the Letrim one is ok as well as meath. galway is a smelly accent as well as Killkenny but the worst has to be cork fukin hell its shocking id rather listen to fukin townies on heroin then listen to a cork man
    Have you the real Dub accent or the fake D4 accent? When you say the Cork accent I assume you mean the city accent. What's a smelly accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

In Dublin, general skanger accents are awful.
    In Ireland, any accent is disgusting except for a non-skanger Dublin accent; sorry people but you all sound like pigs.
    Outside of Ireland, the Spanish accent, Brazilian accent, Welsh accent, various English accents, Eastern European accents, Italian accent, are all horrible. The worst of all is probably a Northern Irish accent. Foul.

Oink oink! :rolleyes: seriously, generalising much? where do you come from and what's your accent that you can be so insulting to the entire country except for those you judge to speak in a "non-skanger Dublin accent"??

What is that anyway? some loike D4 accent that's totally sham? :rolleyes:

I'm from Tramore originally (pretty neutral with a touch of Waterford and you'd be hard pressed to tell where I'm from if you didn't know me) so I can assure you I don't "sound like a pig" tyvm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Cork

Jealously is a horrible thing:)

Most people seem to hate the cork accent, why? and what do you think it is?

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I really can't stand most Dublin accents. I think that's about it.

I feel my Cork accent has gotten stronger over the past few years. No idea why. I don't know whether to be happy or sad over it.

Be happy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

The Liverpool accent is pretty sh1t.

And Puerto Rican too. Take Rosie Perez for example (White Men Can't Jump), now that's a fcuked up accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Australian. "Oil hev a behr-ga moyte".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

aidan24326 wrote: »
    And Puerto Rican too. Take Rosie Perez for example (White Men Can't Jump), now that's a fcuked up accent.
    Couldn't care less. She'd get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tintin_85

not a fan of the wexford accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kazza91

worst accent is liverpool! Best is coooooork! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

I hate any accent with a tool speaking it. But I was watching come dine with me the other night and I found myself detesting English accents. I have never minded them up to then, but something inside me snapped after seeing that show.

Offaly. Sounds like someone taking the piss out of talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I have many friends in Wexford and i like the place. But god some of the accents down there are atrocious, like some people there attempt to talk through their nose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

american actors doing dodgy irish accents..........:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Joe7

I'm from the Cavan/Monaghan/Louth area. Put those 3 together . . . ugh!

Worse ever (apart from . . . I dunno; brummie?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Urbanrose

Nadine Coyles (girls aloud) derry accent. Worst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

denballs wrote: »
    american actors doing dodgy irish accents..........:mad:
    american actors doing dodgy cockney accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Urbanrose wrote: »
    Nadine Coyles (girls aloud) derry accent. Worst!

That's not pure Derry, that's fake LA mixed with Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

TheZohan wrote: »
    That's not pure Derry, that's fake LA mixed with Derry.

Her accent has improved with the fake LA, when it was just pure Derry it really was cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

Worst accents ever have got to be the Birmingham/Black Country, London & Yorkshire accent.

I don't really mind any Irish accents, except the fake American tinged D4 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

cazzzzz wrote: »

I like the Cork accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

cazzzzz wrote: »

I think it's because it's very distinct and also a bit nosy. I actually love cork accents i can't understand why they get slagged of so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

Jackie Healy-Rae Kerry-ese. Whats that about!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I really don't like any posh Irish accent, particularly the D4 one. I find posh culchie accents are very similar to D4 accents, just with a bit of a different intonation.

For the people who say all Dubs sound like scumbags, I think that's a bit unfair. I have a West Dublin accent, very similar to the inner-city accent, but I'm pretty well spoken.

This thread actually reminds me of something a friend of mine, who is a linguist, said: "There's no such thing as a bad accent!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have a really sh1t Dublin accent where ya wouldn't know where the feck i'm from. I really like the D4 accent though...is that weird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I really like the D4 accent though...is that weird?

It's heresy.

Advertisement