Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When & How could there be a united Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hugo Drax wrote: »
    Why is a supposed unionist posting on a southern website?
    Hugo Drax wrote:
    Not exactly hard to spell online son, ever hear of copy and paste?

And so on. These comments are irrelevant to the discussion and personal. Keep this up, and your forum posting privileges will be withdrawn for a period proportional (in my eyes) to the offence.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Probably not,but that is not the fault of the report.

Let's imagine a little fictional scenario...

Suppose Joe Bloggs shoots dead your wife.

Instead of the police arresting him, he is untouched and never questioned.

Instead, a judge issues a report stating that your wife was innocent and Joe Bloggs should not have shot her.

Case closed.

Would you really be happy with that??

Scofflaw wrote: »
    And so on. These comments are irrelevant to the discussion and personal. Keep this up, and your forum posting privileges will be withdrawn for a period proportional (in my eyes) to the offence.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Whilst i take your point to a certain extent, you'll surely concede that the other poster deliberately misspelt "Taoiseach" out of a desire to insult - assume you've delivered a similar reprimand to him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Let's imagine a little fictional scenario...

Suppose Joe Bloggs shoots dead your wife.

Instead of the police arresting him, he is untouched and never questioned.

Instead, a judge issues a report stating that your wife was innocent and Joe Bloggs should not have shot her.

Case closed.

Would you really be happy with that??
    No, but the case has not yet been closed. Prosecutions may follow. I think there should be prosecutions.

No, but the case has not yet been closed. Prosecutions may follow. I think there should be prosecutions.

Call me a jaded cynic but I really can't ever see that happening...

• Advertisement

Call me a jaded cynic but I really can't ever see that happening...
    Probably not, but that is not the reports fault.

Probably not, but that is not the reports fault.

A "report" is no substitiute for process of law...

A "report" is no substitiute for process of law...
    Think of Saville as a Detective. He has investigated, and drawn conclusions. He has in effect sent these to the DPP. What happens next is not up to him. He is not Judge Dredd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Whilst i take your point to a certain extent, you'll surely concede that the other poster deliberately misspelt "Taoiseach" out of a desire to insult - assume you've delivered a similar reprimand to him??

I'll think you'll find that there are other unionists on here from northern ireland too.;)

Think of Saville as a Detective. He has investigated, and drawn conclusions. He has in effect sent these to the DPP. What happens next is not up to him. He is not Judge Dredd.

I'd rather think of him as a judge which is what he is...

The detection should be left to the detectives, ie the police...

Correct process of law in a normal functioning democracy:

Crime is committed.

Police investigate and ascertain suspect.

Suspect arrested.

Police prepare file for DPP.

DPP prosecutes suspect if evidence is strong enough.

Judge and jury then adjudicate case.

• Advertisement

Jayzus, I wouldn't have trusted the RUC to have investigated anything. The North has never been a normal functioning democracy.

owenc wrote: »
    I'll think you'll find that there are other unionists on here from northern ireland too.;)

Er...ok.

Er...ok.

YEA there is, your going on as if i'm the only one and what the heck am i doing here.:rolleyes:

YEA there is, your going on as if i'm the only one and what the heck am i doing here.:rolleyes:

Just wondered why you'd choosed to discuss politics on a southern website.

You're going to find a lot of opinions that you'll vehemently disagree with I'd assume.

No doubt scoblaw will object to this too?

You're going to find a lot of opinions that you'll vehemently disagree with I'd assume.

Well there are no uk sites like this. Actually there are ones on here who agree with me alot.

Well there are no uk sites like this. Actually there are ones on here who agree with me alot.
    There are lots of UK boards sites. You shouldn't have to leave though. You are no doubt welcome here, just like any unionists.

Indeed, don't get me wrong I've good friends who are strong Unionists from that background.

Their head would be wrecked by a lot of the posts on here though so just wondered why you'd subject yourself to it or do you stay away from political threads?

There are lots of UK boards sites. You shouldn't have to leave though. You are no doubt welcome here, just like any unionists.

And no doubt i'd bang into some really bitter unionists who would take offence to friggen everything.:rolleyes: See the way the two unionists types split up lol.

Indeed, don't get me wrong I've good friends who are strong Unionists from that background.

Their head would be wrecked by a lot of the posts on here though so just wondered why you'd subject yourself to it or do you stay away from political threads?

Naw i just tell them to stop chatting about it, as it will end up in a row. and yes sometimes i feel like smashing their heads off. lol.

In fairness nobody said anything about leaving!

He has as much right to post on here as the next man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

He's Irish and posting on a Irish website. Despite living in the north an awful lot of what is said here is relevent to him.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    He's Irish and posting on a Irish website. Despite living in the north an awful lot of what is said here is relevent to him.

True...

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

I'm not irish how many bloody times have we argued about this.:rolleyes:

I'm not irish how many bloody times have we argued about this.:rolleyes:

You live on the island of Ireland - how could you possibly be Irish?? :rolleyes:

You live on the island of Ireland - how could you possibly be Irish?? :rolleyes:

Anoo like.

And here we go again.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

In precisely the same way as any nationalist who lives in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is British.

Any chance you'd stop baiting other posters and get back on topic?* Thanks.

* Rhetorical question, don't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Hugo Drax wrote:
    You live on the island of Ireland - how could you possibly be Irish??
    In precisely the same way as any nationalist who lives in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is British.

Any chance you'd stop baiting other posters and get back on topic?* Thanks.

* Rhetorical question, don't answer.

But do heed the warning. In addition, since you're new, and apparently didn't yet have time to read the Forum Charter, let me make the point that discussing moderation in thread isn't allowed. If you have problems with the moderation, you take it first to the CMods (myself and nesf).

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Riddickcule

I think the fate of this UI rests on what happens in Scotland.

November of this year, Scots will go to the polls on wether they want to be independent or not. It's a hard poll to predict, personally I would love to see an independent Scotland one of my reasons is that I'm part scottish.

Anyway if they do vote for it then I reckon that will be the catalyst for a UI. The union will probably crumble because then Wales will want it next, followed by NI.

What amuses me most is that most english people dont even care about the union!

• Advertisement

I think the fate of this UI rests on what happens in Scotland.

November of this year, Scots will go to the polls on wether they want to be independent or not. It's a hard poll to predict, personally I would love to see an independent Scotland one of my reasons is that I'm part scottish.

Anyway if they do vote for it then I reckon that will be the catalyst for a UI. The union will probably crumble because then Wales will want it next, followed by NI.

What amuses me most is that most english people dont even care about the union!

That won't matter unionists will follow scottish people but not to a ui remember they are unionists and they want to keep the union! I don't think scotland will leave either. English people are the head of the union thats why.

Advertisement