Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When & How could there be a united Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    What form do you think that closure should come in?
    I think the Bloody Sunday report s a very good start. I think more impartial things like that would be a good idea, investigating on both sides.

I would like to see a clear sense of sorrow and regret on all sides. Then we can begin to have closure.

I think Owen needs to wake up and learn that Santa Claus is a pedophile.(Norris on finding out about Britain's horrible past)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I think the Bloody Sunday report s a very good start. I think more impartial things like that would be a good idea, investigating on both sides.

I would like to see a clear sense of sorrow and regret on all sides. Then we can begin to have closure.

I think Owen needs to wake up and learn that Santa Claus is a pedophile.(Norris on finding out about Britain's horrible past)

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

I think Owen needs to wake up and learn that Santa Claus is a pedophile.(Norris on finding out about Britain's horrible past)[/QUOTE] WTF?

Hugo Drax wrote: »
    Obviously that reference was lost on some. Senator Norris, who had a great love for Britain, described finding out about Britain's barbaric past similar to being told Santa was a pedo.

Obviously that reference was lost on some. Senator Norris, who had a great love for Britain, described finding out about Britain's barbaric past similar to being told Santa was a pedo.

Why would a Congolese have any particular affinity for England?

• Advertisement

Ok would you just stop talking about the bloody past and concentrate on the future!

Why would a Congolese have any particular affinity for England?
    Better ask him. perhaps he is a colonial relic.

Better ask him. perhaps he is a colonial relic.

On the phone to him now...

Personally I think he's a great character.

Hopefully our next Presidente...

owenc wrote: »
    Ok would you just stop talking about the bloody past and concentrate on the future!
    I feel that wounds need to be healed on both sides before we can fully move on.

One should never forget the past, lest we repeat it.

Well they won't be healed so move on!:mad: How can you forgive someone whos killed thousands of people and will continue killing people.

• Advertisement

On the phone to him now...

Personally I think he's a great character.

Hopefully our next Presidente...
    He is an interesting one alright, I wont be voting form him though. There is a thread entitled "John Bruton for president" which has a nice debate on him in it.

One mans healing is another mans hurt...

Well they won't be healed so move on!:mad: How can you forgive someone whos killed thousands of people and will continue killing people.
    Some are in the process of healing already. Thats what the peace process is all about.

He is an interesting one alright, I wont be voting form him though. There is a thread entitled "John Bruton for president" which has a nice debate on him in it.

We've already had Brutal as Taoiseach, don't think we need him as President...

One mans healing is another mans hurt...
    The Saville report is a good example of the process of healing, should that never had occurred?

As I said, there is another thread.

Is the teashock not the head of the country? (sorry canny be bothered to spell it.)

Is the teashock not the head of the country? (sorry canny be bothered to spell it.)
    He is the prime minister so to speak, and the president is the head of state.

o right.. thks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Yep, what mussolini said.

• Advertisement

Not exactly hard to spell online son, ever hear of copy and paste?

The Saville report is a good example of the process of healing, should that never had occurred?

Of course it should although I'd have preferred an independant UN investigation...

Fox investigating the hen house never worked for me...

Ditto the worst atrocity of the troubles - Dublin/Monaghan...

Of course it should although I'd have preferred an independant UN investigation...

Fox investigating the hen house never worked for me...

Ditto the worst atrocity of the troubles - Dublin/Monaghan...
    Indeed, but I felt that it was quite impartial and unbiased.

Yes, the English Judiciary and the Conservative Party are renowned for that aren't they! :rolleyes:

I think it may have looked that way compared to Widgery...

I think it may have looked that way compared to Widgery...
    I suppose, most are happy with it though. myself included.

I suppose, most are happy with it though. myself included.

Well if you're happy with a report which in essence declares nothing save that murder victims didn't deserve to actually be murdered and were innocent, without recommending prosecution of the murderers then good luck to you!

Well if you're happy with a report which in essence declares nothing save that murder victims didn't deserve to actually be murdered and were innocent, without recommending prosecution of the murderers then good luck to you!
    It is for the DPP or whomever to decide on the basis of the report if prosecutions are to happen.

It is for the DPP or whomever to decide on the basis of the report if prosecutions are to happen.

Don't hold your breath Mussolini, those soldiers won't even have their promotions and medals rescinded much less face any sort of sanction never mind a prosecution!!

• Advertisement

Don't hold your breath Mussolini, those soldiers won't even have their promotions and medals rescinded much less face any sort of sanction never mind a prosecution!!
    Probably not,but that is not the fault of the report.

Advertisement