Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Freeze - The Official Word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 T.Lexie

delancey42 wrote: »
    You're gonna hate me for saying this but at the moment the August intake is the last scheduled one for the foreseeable future - I would advise you to try and get back on the August intake and screw the holiday - there will NO December intake.

Oh no, after waiting to hear from them since 2007 I had finally sighed a sigh of relief that December was the time for me! Just typical!!:mad:

T.Lexie wrote: »
    Oh no, after waiting to hear from them since 2007 I had finally sighed a sigh of relief that December was the time for me! Just typical!!:mad:

Seriously mate, screw the holiday. Get on the phone like there's no tomorrow and try to get back in for the Aug intake, as psni said there's still places left so you might still have a chance.
    If this is what you really do want, take the loss of a holilday and any monies already paid on the chin. Your family or whoever should understand...you can re-book a holiday anytime, you can't re-book a place in the PSNI. Who knows when the next chance will be. You will seriously regret it if you don't!

Or I'll take your place for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

psni wrote: »
    Your question is answered in detail here.

Hi PSNI, sorry if this question appears to be repetitive/just plain daft, but.....

In your link you reference;
    'There are still places on the August intake to be filled, so keep everything you have crossed that you get "the call", because if you don't, then that's you done'

So are they still making calls to people for the first time, albeit to fill up the small amount of places left?

I suppose I might be grasping at straws but I'm just wondering if there's still a microscopic chance I could hear something before the door to the cryo chamber slams completely shut.

Okay, so one other question occurs... do you think any sort of letter explaining what happens next will be sent to applicants?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,781 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Azaka wrote: »
    In your link you reference;
    'There are still places on the August intake to be filled, so keep everything you have crossed that you get "the call", because if you don't, then that's you done'

So are they still making calls to people for the first time, albeit to fill up the small amount of places left?

At time of writing they were. Read this post. That was written last Friday and we're now at the end of Tuesday. They might get notice of a withdrawal or two, and then there'd be those places to fill, but you're talking about trying to find the last of the Golden Tickets at this stage.
    Azaka wrote: »
    Okay, so one other question occurs... do you think any sort of letter explaining what happens next will be sent to applicants?

Yes. You'll all get letters telling you more or less what this forum told you on Friday. It would rock if it was the exact same wording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vince Coupon

psni wrote: »
    Yes. You'll all get letters telling you more or less what this forum told you on Friday. It would rock if it was the exact same wording.

Do you think that will go out to everyone who is missing out or to those who are getting in as well. I know PSNI has given word already but there will be plenty on the aug intake that are not on here which are prob wondering what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Yo guys , check out DCC Gillespies Blog - it's about the '' Financial pressures '' facing the P.S.N.I. - a bit bland if the truth be told - makes no reference whatsoever about Recruitment Freeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Hey guys

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this for me as I'm uber confused!

Sat my AST at the start of June and received my vetting papers about 4 days later and then a pass letter confirming I'd passed AST a week or so later, then a couple of days after that my medical date.

My medical date is in a couple of weeks, but with this whole freeze I'm not really sure where I'm at? If I pass it, do I then go in the freeze - if so when it ends do I then just pick up from there with the same merit pool number (how do I find that out by the way? )

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this for me as I'm uber confused!

Sat my AST at the start of June and received my vetting papers about 4 days later and then a pass letter confirming I'd passed AST a week or so later, then a couple of days after that my medical date.

My medical date is in a couple of weeks, but with this whole freeze I'm not really sure where I'm at? If I pass it, do I then go in the freeze - if so when it ends do I then just pick up from there with the same merit pool number (how do I find that out by the way? )

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PSNI is the man with the answers and his posts on this forum and in particular in this thread would make me believe that the freeze means that they will pick up where they left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

Yes, from what has been posted it would seem that if you pass you will go into the big freeze, unfortunately.

Also, the merit list used to be available a number of weeks after the last AC was conducted and you had to ring recruitment to get it, but this year who knows how it will work.

Adolphus wrote: »
    Yes, from what has been posted it would seem that if you pass you will go into the big freeze, unfortunately.

Similarly, if for any reason the Aug intake doesn't happen then I'd hope those that are due to start will be on the first intake once the thaw occurs (tho they'd prob need vetted all over again if the freeze lasts over a year).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

Don't even mention any possibility of the August intake being delayed! Positive thoughts only allowed! :D I think we should all go up there now and see if they will let us in.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

I have received a letter from Deloitte saying:
    "Because of the current uncertainty about the PSNIs budgets,offers of recruitment are being suspended.However we have been advised by the PSNI that until the position is clearer,the intention is to progress the current campaign as planned."
    They also advise returning forms promptly and to attend for medical as and when requested.
    So,are we to take from this that its all go again and that the C16 campaign is not frozen midflow.I gather from this that the freeze doesnt kick in til everyone has completed vetting and medicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Happy Days a wee bit of comfort at last, well at least for those that are lucky enough to be vetted etc if they score high enough. thanks for that Cesc.
    cesc77 wrote: »
    "Because of the current uncertainty about the PSNIs budgets,offers of recruitment are being suspended.However we have been advised by the PSNI that until the position is clearer,the intention is to progress the current campaign as planned."
    They also advise returning forms promptly and to attend for medical as and when requested.
    So,are we to take from this that its all go again and that the C16 campaign is not frozen midflow.I gather from this that the freeze doesnt kick in til everyone has completed vetting and medicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cm3luc

T.Lexie wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my first post and hope yous can help.

I was in the 2007 campaign and finally got word in March 2010 about a training place - I got offered a place in the August 2010 intake, but I have a big holiday booked for October 2010 so got my training deferred to the December 2010 intake.

Can anyone advise if I will still be in the December intake or what happens now?

Thanks,

What i wouldnt give to be in the dilemma!!!

So,are we to take from this that its all go again and that the C16 campaign is not frozen midflow. I gather from this that the freeze doesnt kick in til everyone has completed vetting and medicals.

I would take from that that they are ensuring people don't jeopardise their chances by procrastinating as nobody knows when the calls may come or when the freeze will end. They're just urging common sense and for people to do all they can so they're in a better position once things eventually become clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

I would firmly believe that they are going to continue vetting so that when the freeze is lifted its going to be full steam ahead with suitable applicants and offers will be made.

I would take from that that they are ensuring people don't jeopardise their chances by procrastinating as nobody knows when the calls may come or when the freeze will end. They're just urging common sense and for people to do all they can so they're in a better position once things eventually become clear.

+ 1 . I would be reluctant to conclude that they will proceed to vetting and medicals as if nothing has happened . As vince said - commmon sense advice when the position is unclear.

+ 1 . I would be reluctant to conclude that they will proceed to vetting and medicals as if nothing has happened . As vince said - commmon sense advice when the position is unclear.

Yah. Deloitte don't have anything concrete to say (which isn't their fault) but they want to give SOME advice so it makes sense to urge people to attend etc rather than say, 'we don't know what's going on so just throw your papers in the bin and cry yourself to sleep'.

On a separate note, my girlfriend isn't going to her AC now this week. Don't think it's a decision based solely on the freeze tho.

I would firmly believe that they are going to continue vetting so that when the freeze is lifted its going to be full steam ahead with suitable applicants and offers will be made.

That would be very encouraging and while it could be argued that it makes sense to vet people so they are ready to roll when the freeze is lifted it must be remembered that vetting clearances expire.....not much point in vetting if it has to be redone .

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

That would be very encouraging and while it could be argued that it makes sense to vet people so they are ready to roll when the freeze is lifted it must be remembered that vetting clearances expire.....not much point in vetting if it has to be redone .

similar story with medical - Dr.Psni apparently cost around £200 a medical so if they have budget cuts, they cant justify sending people to medicals that may expire anyway, but that means Dr.Psni may well be left sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Hmm I think I'll remain a bit sceptical of that. Given that that is from Deloitte and not PSNI directly, I would take from it that their part in the campaign will continue as planned, seeing as I'd imagine they'd have a contract with the PSNI that would mean regardless of freezes or anything they would have to be paid up in full anyway for their services, so might as well get the moneys worth out of them. Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic, I just won't allow myself to get my hopes up about this for fear of them getting smacked well and truely to the ground again.

However, if vetting forms do start to appear again (I can't see it happening though) then I'll be a bit more optimistic.

I want a letter now :( I take it nobody else has recieved this??

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

Hmm I think I'll remain a bit sceptical of that. Given that that is from Deloitte and not PSNI directly, I would take from it that their part in the campaign will continue as planned, seeing as I'd imagine they'd have a contract with the PSNI that would mean regardless of freezes or anything they would have to be paid up in full anyway for their services, so might as well get the moneys worth out of them. Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic, I just won't allow myself to get my hopes up about this for fear of them getting smacked well and truely to the ground again.

However, if vetting forms do start to appear again (I can't see it happening though) then I'll be a bit more optimistic.

i did :(

I applied to get in on C16 and I received this letter today

beca wrote: »
    i did :(
    I applied to get in on C16 and I received this letter today

Ach screw my post man, he just brought me car tax :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Beca,I think I remember psni saying something about the medicals.I think he said they dont expire and that it would be your responsibility to inform them if your health circumstances changed.

Why oh why is nothing clear cut with this process.How many other professions out there put applicants through this palava?

Hope I havent got hopes up unnecessarily,but Ill take the view of the others....eyes narrow and the sceptical brain ticks over.....that we're none the wiser til someone who has sat an AC recently gets forms through.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has received vetting or medical forms since the freeze was announced.

What was the average time people were receiving vetting in? Within about 2 weeks generally most people had them was it?
    Well I'm about a week and a half since I did my AC, but only coming up on a week since my pass letter arrived...depending on which one you're going from, if things were indeed continuing on as normal behind the scenes you would imagine something would land in the door soon.
    I'll not be holding my breath that's for sure!

It's prob worth remembering tho that not all people from c16 have even done their AC so the chance of getting in to the august intake would be quite small considering it'd be unfair to place someone just cos they happened to do all their tests earlier than everyone else. Think of the fuss that an applicant could make if they went to their AC in July but didn't hear about recruitment before someone else who happened to have thir AC in April

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

i think it would be silly to think us c16ers could get in soon. the letter clearly says recruitment is suspended end of, they are plowing ahead with vettin, meds etc because 1 its probably paid for already and 2 so they can get more feet on patrol as quickly as they can once some more money comes there way

my heart sank when i seen the letter, i just knew what it was about, but was like PHEWWWWW! when it was stateing what we already knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

What was the average time people were receiving vetting in? Within about 2 weeks generally most people had them was it?
    Well I'm about a week and a half since I did my AC, but only coming up on a week since my pass letter arrived...depending on which one you're going from, if things were indeed continuing on as normal behind the scenes you would imagine something would land in the door soon.
    I'll not be holding my breath that's for sure!

i did my ac 5 days into the begining of the ac process, the pass letter 3 days sfter that...havent heard nothing since...who knows what way it works eh?

Advertisement