Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Freeze - The Official Word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cm3luc

dilemma-

I was thinking if I did not get into the psni I would go travelling in Asia,

I got a letter saying I passed the AC, now there is a freeze on, so what do i do now!!!

Just a few things to confirm:

1. While the freeze is on, there will be no more vetting, no more medicals until the thaw? I could travel for 4 weeks, keep an eye on the situation and come back when it was restarting

2.this freeze is looking like it will last a year?

3. what if this lasts 2 or 3 years, will the C16 successful candidates remain frozen all that time and therefore start from the exact same positions we are in now? or does the deloitte tests have an expiry?

p.s. I apologize to every successful applicant, this freeze is just my luck ...teach me to procrastinate

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

i feel like iv just been shat on. :(

although just read the join psni site; says there that its an interim measure...perhaps theres still hope they can afford to run the current campaign and do an intake as planned. fingers crossed anyway:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,781 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

cm3luc wrote: »
    I got a letter saying I passed the AC, now there is a freeze on, so what do i do now!!!
    That's up to you. Ignore the few you tell you what to do. It's your choice and yours alone.
    1. While the freeze is on, there will be no more vetting, no more medicals until the thaw? I could travel for 4 weeks, keep an eye on the situation and come back when it was restarting
    There will be no more medicals booked. Those that have been arranged will go ahead due to contractual obligations. Vetting grinds to a halt as soon as August is filled.
    2.this freeze is looking like it will last a year?
    Nobody knows for sure, but I personally believe it will last for longer than 12 months.
    3. what if this lasts 2 or 3 years, will the C16 successful candidates remain frozen all that time and therefore start from the exact same positions we are in now? or does the deloitte tests have an expiry?
    psni wrote: »
    For those of you who are half way there with medicals and vetting, you will simply be put into a large cryogenic enclosure, and there you will stay until the freeze is lifted. When it is lifted, you will proceed from the point you were at before the freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

chontour wrote: »
    i feel like iv just been shat on. :(
    (
    :D Brilliant. Sums the feeling up in on short to the point sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the future

does this mean if you recently passed the AC section, received a vetting pack and sent it back, there is a slim chance of acceptance to the August recruitment .. It would be some birthday pressie :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

the future wrote: »
    does this mean if you recently passed the AC section, received a vetting pack and sent it back, there is a slim chance of acceptance to the August recruitment .. It would be some birthday pressie :)

That would be savage..but I doubt it..you still gotta do a medical etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

the future wrote: »

No chance.

glad you like it shampon, at least theres a little joy in it all :P lol

damn if only i had of scored high enough to get my vetting early i would still have the slimmest of chances.

P.S.N.I. mentions that people who have got half way through their vetting/medical will start from that point once the freeze is lifted... what does that mean for those of us who have passed a/c but not yet received vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the future

well i will remain positive :) but thanks for the real truth and feed back :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,781 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Cashflow wrote: »
    No chance.

I feel it only fair and just to correct my most learned and respected colleague:

Absolutely No chance.

• Advertisement

P.S.N.I. mentions that people who have got half way through their vetting/medical will start from that point once the freeze is lifted... what does that mean for those of us who have passed a/c but not yet received vetting?
    For those of you who are half way there with medicals and vetting, you will simply be put into a large cryogenic enclosure, and there you will stay until the freeze is lifted. When it is lifted, you will proceed from the point you were at before the freeze. You will not have to IST and AC again, unless you failed.

In bold...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

I feel it only fair and just to correct my most learned and respected colleague:

Absolutely No chance.

Ah yes, the devil is in the details after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

damn if only i had of scored high enough to get my vetting early i would still have the slimmest of chances.

cheer uo Chontour - personally I don't attach any significance to the speed you get vetting forms at - even if you had the top score at the AC you still would not be called for August.

slunk2 wrote: »
    Rite .... I sent my vetting forms off appx 5 weeks ago havent heard anything back although I know it takes ages.. should I be worried that the recruitment freeze will effect me?

What on earth makes you think it would not effect you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lauralush04

Guess its just a big waiting game from now on :( Got my pass letter for AC on Saturday. Didnt expect to get that far so regardless of the freeze im still pretty happy that I still am in with a chance :) Lets just hope its not for too long tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 slunk2

delancey42 wrote: »
    What on earth makes you think it would not effect you ?

Maybe because the news and deloitte never really went into much detail .... also we have had no letters or fonecalls or even an email to say any different from psni ... its called optimism!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cm3luc

thanks psni for your help and opinions.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hereshoping

well this is all really disappointing. but nothing we can do about it :( We may just move on with our lives and pursue any other opportunities we get..... looks like me checking into hotel garnerville is a very distant dream!

slunk2 wrote: »
    Maybe because the news and deloitte never really went into much detail .... also we have had no letters or fonecalls or even an email to say any different from psni ... its called optimism!!

We are all awaiting a letter or some communication about this freeze unfortunately and how it will impact us. Your thinking is very human and understandable - I have little doubt that in due couse we will see posts here suggesting that because Matt Baggott was smiling on TV that must mean the freeze is about to be lifted :rolleyes:

We are all awaiting a letter or some communication about this freeze unfortunately and how it will impact us. Your thinking is very human and understandable - I have little doubt that in due couse we will see posts here suggesting that because Matt Baggott was smiling on TV that must mean the freeze is about to be lifted :rolleyes:

lol you sound like your some other creature...an alien maybe?

BTW i reckon the freeze is nearly over...seen Matt Baggott smiling on TV!

wee joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ljm10

Apologies if I have missed this information throughout the thread..but I have received the letter stating assessment centre days are going ahead as planned and my assessment centre day is this week.

If I was to score high enough as to get to the next stage of the recruitment process (vetting/medical or whatever it may be)..when the freeze is lifted will the process continue from where it left off for me i.e. allowing me to proceed to the next stage of the process, similar to others above who have already completed medicals/vetting or will I be more or less be out? thanks

Your AC score will count and your application would be on hold but you would not have to re-apply or re-sit the IST or AC ( assuming you pass the AC that is ). Otherwise its unlikely you will see any movement

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ljm10

Excellent - thats all I wanted to know, thank you. All that is needed now is to get a very high score in the AC :) unlikely! thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

i think if we see mr baggot smiling on tv its because his ploy worked

*asked for armed civies - knowing it will be vetoed

* knows there isnt a budget to employ more police

*leaving one option, an option that certain members of the policing bored would definately not want, and a presence on the streets that the majority of people would not want...

*so theres a choice, armed civies or troops to the board and troops or bigger budget to mr cameron

i'll have a guess that if this is the thinking (which if we all think about it isnt to difficult to believe) the police gaurding mlas and other important people will be put on the streets and the armed civies (ex-military and police) will take their place....but then again i cant see some mlas liking the idea of ex military gaurding them

just an inside scoop ive heard...HMMMMMM

I did find it interesting that the freeze was announced the same day the Policing Board vetoed the armed civvies plan.....mind you I think it's pure speculation , don't care why its frozen - I just want to know when it's ending.........

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

I did find it interesting that the freeze was announced the same day the Policing Board vetoed the armed civvies plan.....mind you I think it's pure speculation , don't care why its frozen - I just want to know when it's ending.........

preferably when all our knees are still in full working order! hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jay_Man

At least we will still find out our Merit placing and get our feedback come September. Most up us including myself will know then if we are out of the race or if its worth hanging onto hope until freeze is over..

I'm assuming the 50/50 will stil be in place for the Current campaign when the freeze is over. Correct???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 T.Lexie

Hi guys, this is my first post and hope yous can help.

I was in the 2007 campaign and finally got word in March 2010 about a training place - I got offered a place in the August 2010 intake, but I have a big holiday booked for October 2010 so got my training deferred to the December 2010 intake.

Can anyone advise if I will still be in the December intake or what happens now?

Thanks,

T.Lexie wrote: »

I was in the 2007 campaign and finally got word in March 2010 about a training place - I got offered a place in the August 2010 intake, but I have a big holiday booked for October 2010 so got my training deferred to the December 2010 intake.

Can anyone advise if I will still be in the December intake or what happens now?

Thanks,

You're gonna hate me for saying this but at the moment the August intake is the last scheduled one for the foreseeable future - I would advise you to try and get back on the August intake and screw the holiday - there will NO December intake.

• Advertisement

Your question is answered in detail here.
    T.Lexie wrote: »

Thanks,

Advertisement