Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ it was definately Lionel, he ran toward Clarke and ended up "over here". But i do confess to being confused at the start which Tess was Tess, i thought our Tess landed with our Clarke at first, did anyone notice our Tess was well into that kiss with Clark Luthor?

Me thinks she kinds fancies old Clarkey boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

^ it was definately Lionel, he ran toward Clarke and ended up "over here". But i do confess to being confused at the start which Tess was Tess, i thought our Tess landed with our Clarke at first, did anyone notice our Tess was well into that kiss with Clark Luthor?

Of course she does. Have you not seen the signs all along? She's a Traveller groupie and sees Kal-El as a God. Why I've no idea as he's been a very indecisive and self-doubting character.

Why the hell didn't he further reassure Tess by saying even on the other side where Lionel raised her she was still a decent person underneath?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I wonder then if Earth 2 Lionel showed up on Earth 1 Does that mean that a deccaying corpse would have droppen through the portal into Earth 2??? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was wondering the same thing myself. Technically, Lionel 2 should have woken up in Lionel 1's grave.

Stark wrote: »
    Was wondering the same thing myself. Technically, Lionel 2 should have woken up in Lionel 1's grave.

Indeed he should have, and Lionels 1's remains should have dropped in Watch Tower 2, but be lets be honest, regardless of how much the writing has improved over the last few months there's still loopholes and problems with continuity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No sign of Lionel, but still a very good episode. Great to see they're going out in style.
    7 weeks to wait to see WTF the ending was about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Actually enjoyed that,was pretty good.

Minor thing that annoys me is when shows can't get an actor or don't want to pay for one and then have a stand in and only show the back of them,in this case Aquaman and Impluse. A lot of people wouldn't give a crap about it but its always something that annoyed me for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

best episode of the season so far. Can't believe we have to wait 7 weeks to see the next one.
    Only thing that confused me was that shouldn't carter and his wife come back to life again?

^ agree it was the best one this season, loved the Chloe flashback - that was a deleted scene from episode 1 that they reused in this ep. - action packed, Hawkman was fantastic, very sombre ending with the JSA members carrying his dead body, that end was very well shot....then, bam!....cliffhanger!....NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Hugely entertaining, it's bubbling up nicely for the end of the series...i just *hope* they give the fans the payoff they deserve and waited 10 years to see, ergo Clark as Supes.

Wouldn't mind some kinda prologue ala Caprica.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What was with the superman symbol thingy Clark had in his hand after he "killed" Slade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i thought he sent him to the Phantom Zone, no?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Skerries wrote: »
    i thought he sent him to the Phantom Zone, no?
    That's what I thought as well - one way trip there.

That episode was actually kinda good. The season has definitely been better than the previous few. That's not saying a whole lot really, but it's nice to see it not being quite as painful anymore to sit through.

Stark wrote: »
    What was with the superman symbol thingy Clark had in his hand after he "killed" Slade?

It's Jor-El's crystal that Rya Gave Clark in season 6 when all the "zoners" escaped when Clark left the phantom zone. It's used to teleport people to the zone so that's where Slade is gone.

Loved this episode in general. The Hawkman/Slade fight scene was Savage!!!

Carter and Sheyera will come back to life but they have to wait to be reborn, they don't just show up straight away. Loved the funeral scene and soooo dont have the patience to wait 7 weeks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

Seven weeks! Should have known. The ending would suggest that it has something to do with Sheyera coming back, but we'll have to see. Didn't take long for the VRA to get going but having all of the heroes on the run makes a good change.

Sarn wrote: »
    Seven weeks! Should have known. The ending would suggest that it has something to do with Sheyera coming back, but we'll have to see. Didn't take long for the VRA to get going but having all of the heroes on the run makes a good change.

Cant see sheyera coming into it as the producers said that hawkman wouldn't be returning after his death.

Also have to mention that they done a great job with the cgi for his wings. Looked alot better than last time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Deszie7

Was a great cliffhanger ending can't wait for it to be on again, I agree the wings were much better this time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I still find it a bit shocking that Hawkman is Daniel Jackson :pac:

I still find it a bit shocking that Hawkman is Daniel Jackson :pac:

I thought he was great for the role, his personality and attitude was portrayed perfectly by Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I thought he was great for the role, his personality and attitude was portrayed perfectly by Shanks
    Fixed ;)

He was great for it though. Just so different from the SG1 role it took me a while to cop it

Fixed ;)

He was great for it though. Just so different from the SG1 role it took me a while to cop it

Good man, couldnt remember his real name and couldnt have been bothered to google it lol

• Advertisement

Ok this is slightly off topic - but I was just watching an old episode of Justice League Unlimited and when The Flash started talking i couldn't help but think i knew the voice from somewhere. I had a suspicion but had to google it to be sure and I was right, it's none other than Smallvilles very own Michael Rosenbaum!!!!

I thought it was pretty cool lol

Bring Rosenbaum back to Smallville!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Folks, does anyone know when RTE2 are planning to put Season 10 on Thursdays? Did they start it up last year in the new year was it?? Like the first week of January maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good ending to the mid season break.

I really hope they have him suit up and flying for a while before the last episode. I'd hate it if the only shot of him flying and the suit is the last few seconds of the last episode.

Also, slightly off topic, but I wish they'd bring back the end credits music that they had from Season 3 onwards. It's much better than what they have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Cant see sheyera coming into it as the producers said that hawkman wouldn't be returning after his death.

Also have to mention that they done a great job with the cgi for his wings. Looked alot better than last time!!

Hawkman even says he won't be in this fight, it's up to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Folks, does anyone know when RTE2 are planning to put Season 10 on Thursdays? Did they start it up last year in the new year was it?? Like the first week of January maybe?

A friend emailed them on that about a month ago and was told it would be shown on RTÉ but they hadn't decided when, but to keep an eye on the RTÉ website. I doubt there will be any advertising though, just a listing.

There is some TBA slots on Thursday/Friday nights into January so maybe it will be shown some time next month, thats only my guess though. Best just scan the guide every week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The TV schedules here are a joke. Programmes chopping and changing days, times, it's stupidity.

I used to share with a Canadian girl and she programmes would be on at the same time each week. I think we ended up talking about that because of the X Factor in how some weeks it would be on at 8pm, other weeks 7.30pm, other weeks 7.45pm.

Is it any wonder people watch programmes "elsewhere".

YES!...Geoff Johns is back!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s85/smallville/news/a295524/smallville-writer-teases-booster-gold-ep.html

Smallville writer Geoff Johns has confirmed that a future episode will introduce both Booster Gold and the Blue Beetle to the show.

He told Comic Book Resources that 'Booster' will focus on the early days of the character, who was originally created in 1986 by comic writer Dan Jurgens.

He explained: "It's very Booster 1.0, meaning that he's in the early stages of his career as a hero and [he] is pretty self-serving."

Johns also revealed that Jaime Reyes, the third and current Blue Beetle, will be the version that appears in the episode.

"I always liked the chemistry between him and Booster, so when I was going to do this episode, I wanted to do those two together," he admitted. "I think the story that we came up [with] works really well."

He added that the installment will include "Beetle's origin, Booster first meeting Clark and Lois and maybe a cameo by someone from Kord industries."

Smallville returns to The CW on January 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

The TV schedules here are a joke. Programmes chopping and changing days, times, it's stupidity.

I used to share with a Canadian girl and she programmes would be on at the same time each week. I think we ended up talking about that because of the X Factor in how some weeks it would be on at 8pm, other weeks 7.30pm, other weeks 7.45pm.

Is it any wonder people watch programmes "elsewhere".

You're right. I refrain from watching them "elsewhere" myself, but when it comes to the way programmes like Smallville are scheduled I can't say I blame those who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Cyndaquil wrote: »
    A friend emailed them on that about a month ago and was told it would be shown on RTÉ but they hadn't decided when, but to keep an eye on the RTÉ website. I doubt there will be any advertising though, just a listing.

There is some TBA slots on Thursday/Friday nights into January so maybe it will be shown some time next month, thats only my guess though. Best just scan the guide every week!

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Nice article on Smallville from Empire: http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/small-screen/post/p986

Advertisement