Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Dyaso

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Well, i can confirm that the "real deal" is in the wild.....

you bet it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so downloading via steam is the way to go yeah?

is there talk of setting up a network game over the weekend? how does it work? id be well on for it- play a few games every 2 or 3 days possibly- never played a network game so if anyone has ideas on how best to run one lets hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Dyaso wrote: »
    you bet it is :D

How's it been going for you?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Pre ordered it on game. Pretty cheap and means i can d/l at 12:00 friday. Better be ready to go then though!

ive had a lot of issues trying to pre-order with them, they canceled my payment and the only reason I got back was fraud?

so ive had to mail them back again with all my details for them to clear it up, but they're very slow, 2 days per mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LanceStorm wrote: »
    ive had a lot of issues trying to pre-order with them, they canceled my payment and the only reason I got back was fraud?

so ive had to mail them back again with all my details for them to clear it up, but they're very slow, 2 days per mail...

Oh?

Did you get a confirmation email straight after ordering with status as validated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Is this game available to buy in shops today?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

minty16 wrote: »
    Is this game available to buy in shops today?:eek:

It was leaked on Sunday but not released properly until Friday, a friend of mine has been playing it all week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Great stuff. Im looking forward to this big time. My tactics from 2010 didn't work very well in the demo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Dyaso

Mr Velo wrote: »
    How's it been going for you?? ;)

love the new tactic system and player management! waiting to see if my liverpool team gets taken over since i have nothing to spend! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Apparently there is only one -10 player in the game
    Aaron Ramsey

However there is even more -9s this year and plenty of them can be bought really cheap.

Also as players contracts run out their agents will offer them around for hugely cut prices, Dzeko for 10m, Alexis Sanchez for 5m and Ribery for 11m, just some I've heard about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

From whats happening on twitter at the moment, i'll be signing Phil Neville straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

how do you mean -10? for a player?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

allanb49 wrote: »
    how do you mean -10? for a player?

The player is assigned a random potential ability between 180 and 200 in any given new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where do I put the skin for the game to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've preordered the game on a disk, I remember on football manager 09 I could install the game from the disk through steam. Will it be the same this year?
    The auto patch is very useful.

Previous years I've just bought it from steam so I don't know if they still allow it to be installed from a disk.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Where do I put the skin for the game to pick it up?

C:/users/[profile name]/my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2011/skins

Go to preferences in game, display tab, select the skin from the drop down box then untick ''use skin cache'' and tick ''always reload skin on confirm''.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Sorry, I have to ask the obvious question. How many seasons did it take you to take Fleetwood to champions lge winners? how long did it take in real time??? did u watch the matchs in 3d? if so, did u watch full matches?
    It takes me about a mth to complete a season watching extended 3d match highlights for an start. getting promoted from any league is a challenge at best...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,037 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know if this is for sale in the shops today? Would love to pick it up tonight (in XtraVision)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Girlfriend works in Gamestop and she says it's in and all, and sometimes they will sell the PC games earlier than big xbox releases so you might be lucky, I'm gonna get her to get me a copy later.

Promised myself that last year would be my last year with this as I was spending a serious ammount of time playing it that was eating into my social/love/sports life...but then it comes out and alas I have to have it. Less time on it this year though.

One worry though, even if we can get it tonight I remember in 09 we had to activate it through stream before playing it anyone know if this will effect us playing it before tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Oh?

Did you get a confirmation email straight after ordering with status as validated?

they had to confirm all my details and then whitelist my account, all sorted now, pre-ordered, they will email the direct link midnight tonight and i'll be footballmanagering it up till the early hours for 30squid!!

Beat Barca in the final in 2025/26. Playing time was about 10 days. Only watch key highlights sped up. There are loads of good stories in the previous snapshot of your story thread, from lots of different people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mines nothing exciting yet.

Started with Liverpool, have a massive budget of £0 and a wage bill thats maxed out.

Tried to shift players like Babel, poulsen and Jovanovic but wouldnt leave without getting me to pay them extra money that i dont have. Just gonna wait till someone buys the club and injects money so I can rebuild the team.

Minimum expectations are Qualify for Europe.

Early days yet I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

on football manager are you able to see a round up of player stats like on a 1-99 scale? similar to fifa manager as i cant be arsed sifting through each and every player skill to compare them.
    also is there a way of skipping 3d matches and jus simulating results as i cant be arsed watchin all the 3d matches either lol

mrDerek wrote: »
    on football manager are you able to see a round up of player stats like on a 1-99 scale? similar to fifa manager as i cant be arsed sifting through each and every player skill to compare them.
    also is there a way of skipping 3d matches and jus simulating results as i cant be arsed watchin all the 3d matches either lol

Are you talking about 1 stat for each player? If so, then no, but you could get a general idea by star rating but I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.

You can view commentary only which is the quickest way to play or view the matches in 2d. Why would you want to simulate the matches?

mrDerek wrote: »

Current Ability and Potential Ability are hidden stats in Football Manager, not much point playing the game if you can just view players by their overall ability.

Scout reports have a 5 star rating system comparing your current options against whats available on the market. Improve the scouting network at your club for better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Wonder what kind of a state Man Utd's finances will be in aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Girlfriend works in Gamestop and she says it's in and all, and sometimes they will sell the PC games earlier than big xbox releases so you might be lucky, I'm gonna get her to get me a copy later.

Promised myself that last year would be my last year with this as I was spending a serious ammount of time playing it that was eating into my social/love/sports life...but then it comes out and alas I have to have it. Less time on it this year though.

One worry though, even if we can get it tonight I remember in 09 we had to activate it through stream before playing it anyone know if this will effect us playing it before tomorrow?

No - you can play it in "offline mode" - just means you have to leave the DVD in your PC whilst you're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Can i begin a demo game now and carry on the same game when i download the full game later tonight? Will there be any problems with doing this?

Can i begin a demo game now and carry on the same game when i download the full game later tonight? Will there be any problems with doing this?

Yep you can do that but the problem is it will only use a small database and only the quick start league will be loaded. This is only a problem though if you are planning a long term game.

Yep you can do that but the problem is it will only use a small database and only the quick start league will be loaded. This is only a problem though if you are planning a long term game.

add the fact that there is a release day patch coming too.

Anyone try changing their system clock in the vain attempt to unlock the game? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Went into xtra-vision today and asked were they getting in FM tomorrow and your man goes do you want to see it but I said no its grand I'll pick it up tomorrow as I've a big assignment to do tonight. I think he was going to give it to me. :pac:

Anyway I haven't played since FM2007. I just want to know what would you guys recommend to set the size of database to use? Cheers.

So excited for this now. Addiction though NOES!!

Advertisement