Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Simply download the patch and double click on the .exe and it will do the rest. As far as I know FM 2011 is steam only so it will do all the patching for you automatically.
    Is this true?

I wont be getting the game so. Balls anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Is this true?

I wont be getting the game so. Balls anyway.

I think I may have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

anyone know if a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 will be good enough to run 2011?

Ye it should run it fine, have you tried the demo or fm 2010 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ye it should run it fine, have you tried the demo or fm 2010 ?

Nope, I'll give the demo a whirl later tho.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

A nice dark skin, makes a huge difference Galaxy Skin

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Lads, anyone know if you can change the currency on steam from Euro to sterling? Big difference in price!

That's a great skin Gonzo, thanks.

Any links to stadium backgrounds and good facepacks?
    I'm a bit of a noob at this, but will the above conflict with the skin and what folder should I put them in?

Thanks.

Here's a link for any of the FM 2011 downloads so far.

There are a few EPL facepacks there for the new version but that's about it so far. I'm sure the FM 2010 ones will work fine. As far as backgrounds, I haven't checked if the FM 2010 ones work. FM 2010 skins obviously don't work.

In your x:\users\name\my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2011. Create a folder called graphics, inside this create another folder and call it i.e logos for crests, kits for jerseys, facepack for facepacks etc.

In the game go to preferences, display and sound, untick "Use Skin Cache" and click reload skin in the bottom left to update any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Thanks Gonzo, very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Game has been leaked. Unfortunately it won't be released early for those of us who have pre-ordered.

Leaked online you mean or some shop?

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Leaked online you mean or some shop?

Sigh. hate it when this happens. I really wanna play it but have to wait till Friday.

I'm sure the patch released on release day won't be save game compatible , so there is not much point really.

I've heard rumours
    that you can change season expectations half way through the season ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The review is up on Eurogamer 9/10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-football-manager-2011-review?page=1

I can't wait til Friday. I've the day off work so i'll go in town and buy it and that'll be the end of my free time for a few months.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

anyone else had problems w sound on the 3d game in the demo.... as in no sound at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ding Dong wrote: »
    anyone else had problems w sound on the 3d game in the demo.... as in no sound at all??

I've no sound, altho I never use it anyway.

Also, I've no stadium or anything. Just the pitch and some sponsor boards...

I've no sound, altho I never use it anyway.

Also, I've no stadium or anything. Just the pitch and some sponsor boards...

Change your graphical detail in 3d settings, in display and sound preferences.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

not going to bother with it this year, am enjoying my game on fm10 so going to leave off til fm12

not going to bother with it this year, am enjoying my game on fm10 so going to leave off til fm12

I loved fm 2010 and had my longest ever game in it, but I'd find it hard to go back now after playing fm 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got my shipping confirmation from Shopto so judging by previous orders I've made, it should be here Friday morning.

I'm having a fierce game in the Danish lower leagues at the minute, it's going to be hard to shut off FM10 when I get 11 :pac:.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I got my shipping confirmation from Shopto so judging by previous orders I've made, it should be here Friday morning.

I'm having a fierce game in the Danish lower leagues at the minute, it's going to be hard to shut off FM10 when I get 11 :pac:.

Ah but dynamic league reputation makes it all the more worthwhile starting again at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It really is a pity you can't put the FM10 saved files into FM11. I really want to keep my Luton game going for another while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Well, i can confirm that the "real deal" is in the wild.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

how would someone go about getting the real deal early??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Well, i can confirm that the "real deal" is in the wild.....

yeah just found it there. Shame but I guess its always going to be there with pc gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Can anyone give me a bit of information about using Steam to buy this? I am based in the US so if order it online will probably have to wait a while.

Is Steam reliable? I remember some bad reports about it a couple of years back, it may have improved since though.

Pre ordered it on game. Pretty cheap and means i can d/l at 12:00 friday. Better be ready to go then though!

dartsfan wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a bit of information about using Steam to buy this? I am based in the US so if order it online will probably have to wait a while.

Is Steam reliable? I remember some bad reports about it a couple of years back, it may have improved since though.

The game is worldwide release isn't it? Steam is fine. Never had any issues with it. Automatic patching is handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've bought FM09, FM10 & FM11 (pre order) on steam, its become very reliable program and I'd definitely agree with gonzo on the auto patching.

If you like network games, steam is a good way to communicate with other players.

Advertisement