Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

cant wait for work to end to get stuck into this, made the mistake of forgetting to start it downloading before i left this morning tho, dammit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Takes an age and a half to load up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Initial thoughts guys?

You can only play a season in the demo right?

edit: half a season? pfft, will wait for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

I like the player interaction on this game...you can call a meeting between players and interact with them. The addition of agents definitely is more realistic but Im not looing forward to dealing with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You can select most countries.
    Well the main ones anyway, not sure if Ireland and LOI is in there

Lauch in July 2010 and the demo ends in January 2011

I spent the afternoon as Newcastle, never got higher then 16th, we're brutal.
    And Joey Barton acting the maggot, constantly missing training, shipped him off. :mad:

• Advertisement

The skin is sore on the eyes...

I'm loving the interaction.

I told a 35 year old that I'm transfer listing him as he is surplus to requirements. He made me feel like crap about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm loving the interaction.

I told a 35 year old that I'm transfer listing him as he is surplus to requirements. He made me feel like crap about it!

It's class isn't it!

Started with Accrington Stanley for the craic, just beat Covs in a friendly 2-0.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

Can you continue the demo when you buy the game or do you have to start again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

paddy_joe wrote: »
    Can you continue the demo when you buy the game or do you have to start again?

Yes you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So its only half a season?
    If I recall it was a full season in fm10 wasnt it?
    That sucks :(

Cant wait til its downloaded tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

Agents are mo fo's!

I'm with Southampton and had an offer for Brian Murphy(ex Bohs, now Ipswich keeper) accepted for 250k, freakin agent wants 205k just for his part in the deal, got him down to 100k, but thats a 5th of my transfer budget!!

It's class isn't it!

Started with Accrington Stanley for the craic, just beat Covs in a friendly 2-0.

:D

I feel I'm not going to be half as sympathetic towards footballers when I get into the game fully!
    Julez wrote: »
    Agents are mo fo's!

I'm with Southampton and had an offer for Brian Murphy(ex Bohs, now Ipswich keeper) accepted for 250k, freakin agent wants 205k just for his part in the deal, got him down to 100k, but thats a 5th of my transfer budget!!

I started with Southend United. 0 budget. :(

When the real thing comes out, I'll start properly with a different team as I managed Southend United in FM10 too. Looking for something different!

Actually, we will be able to load our FM10 into FM11?

I really hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Afraid not!!
    If I recall it was a full season in fm10 wasnt it?

Nope its always been till Jan, makes sense, I get bored so easily if they gave you the entire first season then loads of people wouldnt need to buy the game just restart once they've finished the season.

With 6 months if your doing well it makes you want to keep it going and see how you finish, much more likely to purchase the full game then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Any one else getting a load of penalties. In one friendly I had 3 then another one there was 5 with chelsea.

I like the replays where they show if your player was offside or not, had a stinker of a decision against me where I scored from a corner and they gave it offside despite having two players on the line!

yimrsg wrote: »
    Any one else getting a load of penalties. In one friendly I had 3 then another one there was 5 with chelsea.

I like the replays where they show if your player was offside or not, had a stinker of a decision against me where I scored from a corner and they gave it offside despite having two players on the line!

Yeah I got two in one match and both were saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've come across a few bugs already, do SI actually have beta testers or do they just rely on the community for bug feedback. Some bugs are so obvious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anywhere to download the demo apart from steam??

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Anywhere to download the demo apart from steam??

http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

yimrsg wrote: »

I love lambasting the FA/referee when that happens! Better when the FA don't wave the banstick too!

It's great having spouts with other managers. My dislike list could be a lot more than five. :)

Really enjoying it so far. Improvements in nearly all areas I think. Once the bugs are ironed out it will be fantastic. I've put 12 hours into it so far and am nearing the end of the demo.

On a side note I won't be starting with Fleetwood this year as they are in BSN and they have money :eek:. Start with a bigger budget than I had with them in League 1. Time to find some poor BSN/BSS team.

Whens the full game gonna be released lads?

Whens the full game gonna be released lads?

5th of November

5th of November

Cheers. Not so long, won't have to play the demo for too long :D

I just hope there is a dark skin on release

Yeah, I'm sure there will be anyway.

Horrible looking, this demo one is.

If not, you'll get some fairly quickly on fm-base.co.uk anyway. Does be some nice ones on it.

As I remember last years default one was pretty bad too. Complete eye sore. Surely they realise when designing the game that it looks horrible. Browsing the sigames forums and it seems to be the biggest issue. Luckily it's only a small matter.

I think this will be my favourite iteration so far and I can't wait to see how dynamic league rep works out. Think I will start in the Irish First Division this time as Fleetwood are far too good :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

If not, you'll get some fairly quickly on fm-base.co.uk anyway. Does be some nice ones on it.

They've said there will be a dark skin released with the first patch, which will be released on the same day the games out

Blog 18

Advertisement