Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Ah yeah he looks class and he'd be definitely be someone to build a formation around. My only concern is the board accepting a bid without your say completely under your valuation of him and you might be better off making his valuation 10 mill say with a 50% sale clause to keep him with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

zwane9.png

My assistant who is a proper judge of ability and potential (16/20) gave him this appraisal

zwane8.png

He was unhappy about Valencia's 900k + friendly bid being rejected. I gave him the "I want the club to grow and you part of it" speech and he seems happy again although

zwane7.png

€10m asking price applied!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought over-valuing players annoys them?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I thought over-valuing players annoys them?

Dont think so, never had that problem before.

Just got him to stop shooting from distance and now to cut out his other bad habit of trying killer passes :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

It used to in an older version so I haven't tried it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah overvaluing used to piss off my players in older versions, but I haven't found that it does this time. I've two extremely good defenders around the 20/21 age bracket and Real, Bayern, Milan, United, Barça etc have shown interest. Their actual value is approx £3.5/£4.5 million each but I've set their value to £15 million and I've yet to hear about them having a moan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Nearly finished my second season, have a champions league final against Real Madrid and cup final against Getafe to look forward to. Barcelona have just become ridiculously good, they've gone on a 15 game win streak and haven't conceded a single goal! It's a miracle I'm in first.

Lost the champions league final in a penalty shoot-out :( Player got injured on 90 minutes and had to play the entirety of extra time with ten men. Won the league and copa del rey though

Got to the UCL Champions Playoff again, this time Dinamo Zagreb were all that stood between me and the UCL group stages and the €10m+ windfall that goes with it.

First match in Zagreb, 0-0 Thomas Stewart s/o 66mins

They had 51% of the ball but managed 19 shots to my 1, only 4 of theirs on target, 0 of mine.

The match in Tallaght was the stuff that nightmares are made of.

4 mins - Lee Cook injured

71 mins - China s/o for 2nd booking, I was actually in the middle of subbing him off and another changed when this happened, fuming!

114mins Jason Marr s/o for 2nd booking.

The match stats were more even but with Dinamo shading it.

Duff & Drinkwater skied their penalties and we lost 4-3. At least we have the Europa League!

Managed to first 3rd in my Europa League Group with Lyon, Galatasaray & Salzburg.

squado.png

Not a bad squad but badly need 2 right backs and a quality striker, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jamil Adam. Unreal in the LOI in that game. In 3 seasons he got 90 league goals in 105 games for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tried to sign Bruno Alves, and then of course Real Madrid offer him a contract as well :mad:, his agent asks for £83,000k a week, I offer £90k.....Real sign him on £150,000 a week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dempsey wrote: »
    Not a bad squad but badly need 2 right backs and a quality striker, any suggestions?

Seamus Conneely is a decent right back for LOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Big names I've brought in for Bohs so far (mid way 2nd season) - Calum Davenport, Zavon Hines and James O' Shea, all frees. Also a few other Scottish frees and a few other frees, including Anto Flood. Tried to bring Padraig Amond back to LoI but he didn't want to discuss terms, same with Twigg who was released at the end of the first season.

Signed Ben Gordon, Keith Andrews, Justin Hoyte, Paul McShane, Daryl Murphy & James O' Shea all on free transfers. Alan Smith has signed a pre contract with ICT so McShane is now club captain!!

Managed to get the UCL group stages, beat Honka, FC Copenhagen & to get there. In my group is Lyon, AC Milan & Dortmund.

League form in around European matches is suffering as as a result I'm 3rd in the league, Derry (1st) have played 3 more games & only 5 points ahead but Bohemians (2nd) are a point ahead with the same amount of games played. All about player motivation and tactics from now until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Guys does anyone know how to improve away results? Or why my results away from home would be not so good compared to my home results?

Guys does anyone know how to improve away results? Or why my results away from home would be not so good compared to my home results?

I'd use more defensive minded tactics, more workhorses starting than creative players too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've taken a break from my German save and started an Irish one with Sligo Rovers. My players are fecked for the last 15 minutes of most games and it's costing me :(.

Currently 2nd in October, 3 points behind Shams but I have 2 games in hand. Lost 2-0 to Dundalk at home there and most of my players conditioning was around 50% at the end..they scored in the 88th minute to win it :(.

Are you doing press conferences? If not then your Assistant Manager may be saying something that demotivates your players. Could also work t'other way round with you saying something that gets them down.

More defensive tactics too. For example, I play one DM when I play at home with a creative CM in front. When I play away the creative CM is replaced with someone who tackles better and is more mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

maybe a bit controversial here but im not a fan of this years, too much bs with the agents stuff that i just cant be bothered to deal with. barely played the game at all :(

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    maybe a bit controversial here but im not a fan of this years, too much bs with the agents stuff that i just cant be bothered to deal with. barely played the game at all :(

Not controversial at all... I feel the same way about the agent aspect. Although that could be cos I'm sick of having to agree to their terms in order to get a target. Thankfully I turned off the option of the agents flogging their clients to me. Got pretty sick of that after one day.

I haven't really put as much time into this years as last years even though I've clocked up about 344 odd hours :p. Last year I was editing training sessions, managing the reserve team, spending hours looking for talent and all the finer details and I'd say I put at least 500/600 hours into it.

Still somehow, as always, it has me hooked. Just not as much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not controversial at all... I feel the same way about the agent aspect. Although that could be cos I'm sick of having to agree to their terms in order to get a target. Thankfully I turned off the option of the agents flogging their clients to me. Got pretty sick of that after one day.

I haven't really put as much time into this years as last years even though I've clocked up about 344 odd hours :p. Last year I was editing training sessions, managing the reserve team, spending hours looking for talent and all the finer details and I'd say I put at least 500/600 hours into it.

Still somehow, as always, it has me hooked. Just not as much

Pretty much the same. I hope 12 will be better.

As flawed as the agents aspect of the game is, its far more realistic to have them influencing deals & pricing players out of clubs that the system used previously.

What they need to implement is agents working for clubs, not just for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

How can you improve your teams discipline? my team gets a ridiculous amount of red and yellow cards! they average at about 5 yellow cards a game? how can i cut down on this because im constantly losing players to suspension!

Maybe have a look at the tackling. I used to have mine set to "Hard" but I was getting too many cards so switched it to "Normal" or even "Easy" sometimes, depending on which side I'm playing.

Also, when a player gets sent off, lay down the law and give him a warning if it's his first then after that a week's wages and so on. The next player to get sent off, fine him a week's wages.

Karl96 wrote: »
    How can you improve your teams discipline? my team gets a ridiculous amount of red and yellow cards! they average at about 5 yellow cards a game? how can i cut down on this because im constantly losing players to suspension!

2 yellow cards - Warning
    Straight Red (e.g. pro foul) - 1 week wages
    Straight Red (e.g. two footed tackle, elbow) - 2 weeks wages

In press conference be critical of discipline regardless of the position the player plays, hard tackling instructions or closing down opponents. All players should be expected to tackle without fouling/picking up cards.

Also, get a good defence coach to improve defensive capabilities of all your players

That should sort alot of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Karl96 wrote: »

Have you set your tackling to hard, normal or easy? If it's hard tackling or a player has dives into tackles as a player preferred move then it'll happen more often. I've tackling set to easy for all players. Be aware that some player roles have tackling set to hard by default, Ball winning midfielders and defensive forwards so just check the teams tackling on the tactics screen. Whenever there is a sending off it's 2 weeks wages fine regardless whether their firsts, reserves or youths. If a player is sent off playing for me he's at fault. If I do press conferences I say player x was at fault and won't be automatically selected again when available. If they complain I say the fine was deserved and I stand by it, if they disagree I say they're being totally unprofessional and they generally back down. If not they get left in the reserves. Better to be seen as harsh rather than have to cope with perpetual offenders and unprofessional players.

There is another one for player X picked up a another yellow and I say he needs to control himself or whatever is the equivalent response. It's slower for players to change via press conferences rather than fining (you can't fine players for yellows) but both are effective. Zapata kept getting booked (ppm - dives into tackles) and I said he needs to control himself better and his discipline has improved. Think I said it twice in press conferences. I can't remember if his aggression changed or he became less dirty but he got less yellows. There is a another question where you're asked your thoughts on the referee having a lot of work or what you thought of a particular tackle and you can say something along the lines of it was foolish from both sides and that tackle has no place in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

thanks guys, this is helping a lot, yellow cards are reducing game by game, if i can get it down to 2 yellow cards per game i'll be delighted. most of the yellow cards tend to occur towards the end of the game when players are tired. anyway im working on it and thanks for all your advice!!:)

Well, the legend that is Paul Shane is on his way out of Shamrock Rovers. Huddersfield, rock bottom of the EPL, have tabled a bid of €4.4m for the player despite him having a min release clause of €400,000.

He was epic for the 6 months I had him tbh

EDIT

The Ginger God has rejected their contract, ROFL!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just loaded up the Moldovan and San Marinese leagues for a new game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Voltwad wrote: »
    Just loaded up the Moldovan and San Marinese leagues for a new game :)

LOL.

I started a new game yesterday too, Liverpool and the EPL was boring me.

Started with Pro Vercelli of Siere C2 to try bring the club back to their former glories! C'mon the lads!

Advertisement