Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Was having a rather successful season, I was asked to change my goal for the season because I was eight points above relegation at Christmas, queue a cramped Christmas fixture list and from then until now, the end of February, I've had no end of injuries. A few weeks ago, discipline seems to have gone out the window and I've had five sendings off in four matches. All this leaves me, two points above relegation.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Was having a rather successful season, I was asked to change my goal for the season because I was eight points above relegation at Christmas, queue a cramped Christmas fixture list and from then until now, the end of February, I've had no end of injuries. A few weeks ago, discipline seems to have gone out the window and I've had five sendings off in four matches. All this leaves me, two points above relegation.

Hows morale within the squad? Do you do your own press conferences?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hows morale within the squad? Do you do your own press conferences?

Okay and no.

Okay and no.

I'd start doing your own conferences, very important that the right message is sent to the players.

If your assistant is dissing your opposition and not caring about discipline, it rubs off on your players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone else find it odd that I'm now classified as a 'talented manager' yet I'm never linked with any jobs? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I just want to say,

Ronaldo = Holy shìt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

currently with bohs into season 2016

Titles= 4
    FAI Cups= 2
    League cups= 3
    All-Ireland cups= 3

clubs worth= €15.5 million
    Bank Balance= €16.2 million
    League Rep= 50 odd
    Club european ranking= 170 odd

qualified for champions league once and been in europa league groups stages twice....

not bad for a pub team ;)

How can a club be worth less than it's bank balance? Have you got a loan or something?

Thanks for the earlier responses, I did my own pre match press conference there and got a draw. Before I did a press conference, I lost a relegation six pointer but the draw has got me one point out of relegation. Hopefully I still be in the conference next season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just after spending some mad amount of money in the January transfer window :pac:

Danny Wilson
    Toni Kroos
    Martin Kelly
    Coutinho
    Nuri Sahin
    Sergio Araujo

Should have appropriate cover for most areas now :D

How can a club be worth less than it's bank balance? Have you got a loan or something?

Thanks for the earlier responses, I did my own pre match press conference there and got a draw. Before I did a press conference, I lost a relegation six pointer but the draw has got me one point out of relegation. Hopefully I still be in the conference next season.

dont know why....have no loan maybe its to do with the stadium capacity or losses on the club through wages?

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    dont know why....have no loan maybe its to do with the stadium capacity or losses on the club through wages?

I'm guessing the high expenditure at the club too. What sort of losses would the club make without any European income?

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm guessing the high expenditure at the club too. What sort of losses would the club make without any European income?

Income for the last season was just over 6 million....this included prize money of over 1 million(bad season in europe and league) and gate receipts of over 1 million

expenditure was over 9 million....2 million on wages and 1 million on players/staff bought and another million on tax.

safe to say if no europe or bad run in europe the club would be fcuked

The board also dont like to upgrade the stadium even though the average crowd is 70 per cent of the capacity.

major bill wrote: »
    Income for the last season was just over 6 million....this included prize money of over 1 million(bad season in europe and league) and gate receipts of over 1 million

expenditure was over 9 million....2 million on wages and 1 million on players/staff bought and another million on tax.

safe to say if no europe or bad run in europe the club would be fcuked

The board also dont like to upgrade the stadium even though the average crowd is 70 per cent of the capacity.

The vicious cycle! Some costs, besides the ones that you control just seem to spiral out of control with no method of telling the board to cut back on things like non football costs and match day expenses.

Think the average has to be close to 90% before getting an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I have just finished my Bohs first season...played most of it ages ago, came back to FM just a few days ago. Won the league and qualified for Europa Group Stages. Got an easy draw to CL Playoff and lost against Anderlecht...got battered every game in the group stages of the europa league...squad was run so thin I was playing 17/18 year olds every 2nd game. Gonna seriously bulk out the squad and just retain the league is my aim next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Lads have you got any links to stuff for the LOI? I am starting a career with St. Pats as I was basically looking at teams in Finland and that, and I thought why not just start in Ireland I know just as much :D. But being a bit of a Pats supporter I said I will give it a go. I am looking for logos and/or facepacks you know the usual. Anybody got anything useful? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Lads have you got any links to stuff for the LOI? I am starting a career with St. Pats as I was basically looking at teams in Finland and that, and I thought why not just start in Ireland I know just as much :D. But being a bit of a Pats supporter I said I will give it a go. I am looking for logos and/or facepacks you know the usual. Anybody got anything useful? Cheers.

I tried installing some logos but like, it ****ed up big time. I'm sure someone else will help you though!

Sign Ronan Finn ;)

I tried installing some logos but like, it ****ed up big time. I'm sure someone else will help you though!

Sign Ronan Finn ;)

easily one of the best in the league!! gavin peers, chambers also good buys!! ye can get most of them on free transfers at end of season

Lost my relegation battle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone got any tips on how to get the best out of Aguero at Athletico ? 4 goals in 16 matches and no assists ? I usually play him as an advanced forward along with Forlan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on how to get the best out of Aguero at Athletico ? 4 goals in 16 matches and no assists ? I usually play him as an advanced forward along with Forlan
    Try using him as a target man but play the ball into space ahead of him. His pace should out do other defenders. He's got great finishing/composure/pace but not so good strength and balance so he needs to use his pace to get away from defenders. Allow him to run with the ball often as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

threein99 wrote: »

I played him as Trequartista with Forlan as an AF or CF and Forlan the Target Man to feet. Aguero was awesome. I miss him. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I play him as advanced forward, creative freedom - much, run with ball often, wide play - cut inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Done something mental today... Signed Daniele de Rossi for €55 million. Crazy stuff.

Also, Jack Robinson has the potential to be class in this game!

New season, lots of money to spend on players but my scouting network is miles behind because they were looking for players that would be willing to join a semi pro club in Ireland. Turning professional has opened alot of doors and with my wage budget going from 15k p/w to 45k p/w, there is no shortage of mercenaries!

I'm going to hold off the marquee signing until the scouting network has some proper time to throw up some gems but I have signed

Aaron Doran for nothing despite 6 months remaining on his Blackburn deal, 5k p/w basic though
    Signed Danny Drinkwater on a precontract from Man United, 4.5k p/w
    A player nicknamed 'China' from Portugal :pac:, he starts the game at Metalurg D i think.

chinat.png

I think he's a decent full back for LOI anyways, hoping that I can pair him up with Enda Stevens, he could really do with a tutor.

I'm going to focus my scouts on the reserve squads of big clubs, there is a gem in there for me somewhere and hopefully they are tossed on the scrap heap waiting for me to give them a golden opportunity! :pac:

EDIT

Just signed this beast!

zwane.png

In 3 years, he's be classed as a product of the Shamrock Rover youth system, it was part of the reason I shelled out 200k on him

I have all my scouts set to World and they find the most obscure gems, Roberto Baggio found a South African defender that I bought for 40k, with the same potential as Dario Srna :pac:

2960nir.png

Nearly finished my second season, have a champions league final against Real Madrid and cup final against Getafe to look forward to. Barcelona have just become ridiculously good, they've gone on a 15 game win streak and haven't conceded a single goal! It's a miracle I'm in first.

kbop3b.png

ShaneU wrote: »
    I have all my scouts set to World and they find the most obscure gems, Roberto Baggio found a South African defender that I bought for 40k, with the same potential as Dario Srna :pac:

Needs a quality tutoring and he might get close

The summer of 2012 has arrived and Shamrock Rovers have gone on a spending spree!

Signed
    Jason Marr (free)
    Darren O'Dea (free)
    Danny Drinkwater (free)
    Lee Cook (free)
    Damien Duff (free)
    Corry Evans (free)
    Thiago Régis (300k)

The wage bill was about ~15k p/w at the end of last season (end of the semi pro era) and has jumped to 45k p/w within 6 months of turning pro :o

Several players are transfer listed and rotting away in the reserves as we pull a 'Man City' to reach a level where we can be far more competitive in Europe. 4 other first team players have 6 months on their contracts but I wont be renewing their contracts I reckon, by the end of the season I should have knocked it back to 40k p/w with no major additions needed.

Ryan Zwane (see above) is drawing major interest from Real Madrid, Valencia & Napoli.

Signed this guy start of the season too, free agent. Major interest from Benfica with Bayern & Real Madrid keeping tabs on him.

davidson1.png

Upgraded my Assistant Manager too, one of the best I ever got in the game at any club.

benevan.png

EDIT

Real Madrid has just bid €625k + a friendly for Zwane :mad:

I fear that when I reject the bid he'll have a canary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Ask for a percentage of the next sale or at least percentage of profit of next sale. That way you can stand to earn something down the line. I always do that to promising youngsters that I might regret letting go.

• Advertisement

I have rejected 2 bids from Real Madrid & Valencia have just offered 900k + friendly. Gonna reject that too.

I dont really want/need the money, I want to keep the player! If I was serious about getting the best price, I would be looking for 50% next sale!

Advertisement