Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"Contacts" list disappeared - If I press contacts it tells me there is no contacts in the list (though they were there yesterday).

However, they are there when I go to send a text message but not when I go directly to "contacts"

How do I get them back into "contacts"?

Help ! Please.

Any help please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Maybe you changed a display setting in "Contacts"?

Open "Contacts"
    Click Menu -> More -> Display Settings

Some display options in there that might need changing. Hope that helps.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks Bearnecessities

I seen to have "found" them after I updated to Froyo 2.2.1 via the KIES software !

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

if you guys interested I can post a thread with complete instruction to flash CM7, and its stable :) haven't play with the SGS much as I use DHD daily but I do have a SGS for playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

what is the latest version of Keis? the one on samsungmobile is different to the version on Samsung apps
    apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

StRiKeR wrote: »
    if you guys interested I can post a thread with complete instruction to flash CM7, and its stable :) haven't play with the SGS much as I use DHD daily but I do have a SGS for playing :)

what is cm7 like in comparison to darky rom 9.5 and insanity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

superfish wrote: »
    what is cm7 like in comparison to darky rom 9.5 and insanity ?

cm7 doesn't comes with gapps, nice clean rom, its a personal preference thing :) and it has some tweaking options added for performance and visual.

I prefer cm7 myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

what is the latest version of Keis? the one on samsungmobile is different to the version on Samsung apps
    apps

I have Kies ver.2.0.0.11032_12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

I'm thinking of selling my Samsung galaxy s, anyone know the best way to do this?

I'm thinking of selling my Samsung galaxy s, anyone know the best way to do this?

stick it up on done deal I sold my old samsung wave there it was gone in 2 days, price it fairly and you should get a quick sale, fair imo would be 330ono depending on condition of course

• Advertisement

stick it up on done deal I sold my old samsung wave there it was gone in 2 days, price it fairly and you should get a quick sale, fair imo would be 330ono depending on condition of course

yeah it's in fine condition, how do you know if a phone is locked to one provider though? I'm with vodafone.

yeah it's in fine condition, how do you know if a phone is locked to one provider though? I'm with vodafone.

just pop a different providers sim card in and see does it work im with meteor but it will take any sim so it came unlocked from new same with my samsung wave I think most these new smart phones come unlocked

just pop a different providers sim card in and see does it work im with meteor but it will take any sim so it came unlocked from new same with my samsung wave I think most these new smart phones come unlocked

I'll check it out, donedeal looks like a good website, I was thinking of trading it in store but I don't know what the procedure is and I'm guessing retailers will pay less.

I'll check it out, donedeal looks like a good website, I was thinking of trading it in store but I don't know what the procedure is and I'm guessing retailers will pay less.

oh ya deffo my guess would be they would only give you 150 and I dont think they just buy it off you for cash think it has to be a trade in so you would have to be buying another phone, your better off on done deal stuff usually shifts fairly fast there and be prepared for a flock of chancers offering you next to nothing for it, i had one guy try offer me 90 euro for my 4 week old samsung wave that was worth 329 new at the time, dont know how they have the balls I could not do it myself lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi,

I recently downloaded Handcent to do all my texts etc, but the phones messenger is still handling all my texts at the same time. Anyway to turn it off and just use Handcent alone?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Try on adverts.ie :)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently downloaded Handcent to do all my texts etc, but the phones messenger is still handling all my texts at the same time. Anyway to turn it off and just use Handcent alone?

Thanks.

you need to go into your normal message settinigs and turn off notifications then remove the normal message icon from your home screen by going into edit mode and change it to the handcents icon

dont get me wrong you will still get messages to both your hand cent and your standard but this way you wont notice them comming through to the standard one also make sure that notifications is enabled in hadcents

guys just to let you know that go sms pro is now free its a great texting application with a cool layout, if you download it make sure to go in to the appearance settings as there are some very cool transition effects

This also stops the samsung galaxy s from turning long texts into multimedia

you need to go into your normal message settinigs and turn off notifications then remove the normal message icon from your home screen by going into edit mode and change it to the handcents icon

dont get me wrong you will still get messages to both your hand cent and your standard but this way you wont notice them comming through to the standard one also make sure that notifications is enabled in hadcents

all done bar one bit, thanks Silverfish.:)

I'm struggling to rid my homescreen of the standard messaging icon and replace it with the handcent one?

Anyone got more ideas on this?

MidlandsM wrote: »
    all done bar one bit, thanks Silverfish.:)

I'm struggling to rid my homescreen of the standard messaging icon and replace it with the handcent one?

Anyone got more ideas on this?

ok firstly its superfish not silver lol :D

ya what you do is at home screen click the applications icon then when the applications page is open press the left had side hard key the one with the square wit 2 lil lines in it off screen, then click edit and a - symbol should appear on all the apps, the ones that normally appear on the bottom of your home screen will also be highlighted from there you hold your finger down on the symbol you wish to remove and drag it in with the other apps then look for handcents and drag this into place, then exit edit and go back to home screen and there you have it

I apologise for explaining in such detail just wanted to make sure you get it lol

• Advertisement

ok firstly its superfish not silver lol :D

ya what you do is at home screen click the applications icon then when the applications page is open press the left had side hard key the one with the square wit 2 lil lines in it off screen, then click edit and a - symbol should appear on all the apps, the ones that normally appear on the bottom of your home screen will also be highlighted from there you hold your finger down on the symbol you wish to remove and drag it in with the other apps then look for handcents and drag this into place, then exit edit and go back to home screen and there you have it

I apologise for explaining in such detail just wanted to make sure you get it lol

apolz on yer name....LOL:pac:

did all of that, sorted, thanks...and working and looking brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

guys just to let you know that go sms pro is now free its a great texting application

Hi Superfish have you a link for this will give it a try... all I can find is a Trial version.

Regards,

Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I've had a problem for ages which I've tried and tried to fix without success then tried to ignore but it's now doing my head in again.

When I type a name into contacts or the dialer I'm offered duplicates of email addresses and phone numbers etc. I run two email addresses via Gmail (one personal gmail account and one business account hosted by Google) and I've already gone into contacts -> more -> display options and disabled all contact display options with the singular exception of my one work email address "system group: my contacts" which is the only contact data I want the phone to display. Literally everthing else within that email address, within the other email address, the phone and sim are unticked.

Even so if I go into a contact e.g. "Anna" it shows it's drawing information from 3 "g" or "joined accounts" but when I click on the line with the three "g's" it just lists Anna's name three times with the word "Google" in green overhead each time and a grey circle to the right with a red minus in it. Why is information from three google accounts being amalgamated into one fu**ed up contact record? I have already set the settings to only draw info from the one source I want to rely on. If I click on one of the red minus icons the phone seperates the information on that google account from the amalagamated contact and creates a 2nd "Anna" contact with just the information from the google address I un-joined.

It seems I can either have a load of crap amalgamated into one contact from sources I've told the phone not to look in or I can seperate all the crap from each location and end up with up to 3 contacts for each person.

Seriously guys, can someone please put me out of my misery here.

Ben

I have no way of telling which of the three google accounts is which (I only have two google accounts so have no idea what the 3rd is!) and this is driving me nuts.

Can anyone help?

Ben

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Hi Superfish have you a link for this will give it a try... all I can find is a Trial version.

Regards,

Ger.

here ya go ger http://www.appbrain.com/app/go-sms-pro/com.jb.gosms and if you cant install it from there if you go to the market and click on the standard version just scroll down to the bottom and you should see pro there

BenEadir wrote: »
    I've had a problem for ages which I've tried and tried to fix without success then tried to ignore but it's now doing my head in again.

When I type a name into contacts or the dialer I'm offered duplicates of email addresses and phone numbers etc. I run two email addresses via Gmail (one personal gmail account and one business account hosted by Google) and I've already gone into contacts -> more -> display options and disabled all contact display options with the singular exception of my one work email address "system group: my contacts" which is the only contact data I want the phone to display. Literally everthing else within that email address, within the other email address, the phone and sim are unticked.

Even so if I go into a contact e.g. "Anna" it shows it's drawing information from 3 "g" or "joined accounts" but when I click on the line with the three "g's" it just lists Anna's name three times with the word "Google" in green overhead each time and a grey circle to the right with a red minus in it. Why is information from three google accounts being amalgamated into one fu**ed up contact record? I have already set the settings to only draw info from the one source I want to rely on. If I click on one of the red minus icons the phone seperates the information on that google account from the amalagamated contact and creates a 2nd "Anna" contact with just the information from the google address I un-joined.

It seems I can either have a load of crap amalgamated into one contact from sources I've told the phone not to look in or I can seperate all the crap from each location and end up with up to 3 contacts for each person.

Seriously guys, can someone please put me out of my misery here.

Ben

I have no way of telling which of the three google accounts is which (I only have two google accounts so have no idea what the 3rd is!) and this is driving me nuts.

Can anyone help?

Ben
    hi ben from what I can understand is you have 3 email accounts set to sync with your phone and maybe twitter and face book so basicallly everytime you want to call someone you get a load of different options could you confirm if this is what you meant so I can help you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Is there an easy way of unrooting a galaxy s that is on 2.2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

here ya go ger http://www.appbrain.com/app/go-sms-pro/com.jb.gosms and if you cant install it from there if you go to the market and click on the standard version just scroll down to the bottom and you should see pro there

Thats great Superfish have it all sorted much better than the default samsung messanger - Thanks;)

Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Two quick questions, my phone is not saving any numbers to the favourites list, they are initially there but next time I go in they're gone, any ideas ?

Secondly, the google search widget seems to search thinking I'm based in the UK but I do have it set to use my location for search results, no messing around seems to fix this so I have to open the browser and use google.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

hi ben from what I can understand is you have 3 email accounts set to sync with your phone and maybe twitter and face book so basicallly everytime you want to call someone you get a load of different options could you confirm if this is what you meant so I can help you ?

Hi Superfish, yes and no. I have only 2 email accounts set to sync with my phone, my work one is set to sync contacts, email and calendar and my personal account is only set to sync email, the contacts and calendar options are un-ticked. I don't sync twitter or facebook but I do sync the Whatsapp IM app.

Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Ben

• Advertisement

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi Superfish, yes and no. I have only 2 email accounts set to sync with my phone, my work one is set to sync contacts, email and calendar and my personal account is only set to sync email, the contacts and calendar options are un-ticked. I don't sync twitter or facebook but I do sync the Whatsapp IM app.

Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Ben

ok so you need to go to calender, settings, calender sync,you should get a menu with your google accounts there click on your google account and you get three options untick the box that says sync contacts, repeat this process with all accounts

also the next time you go to call some one notice when you click on call you get a message first, complete action using dialer or whatever else, well there should be a small box below you need to tick before choosing dialer this way in future you should just be able to call their number straight away without getting a list of stuff

im on a different rom at the moment so im having trouble remembering all the old settings but hope this is of some help to you

Advertisement