Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

seaniebo wrote: »
    Hi Lewis. No I don't think I flashed anything. MMS message still sent. I tried it there just to see and when I sent the message the internet connection appeared briefly and the message sent. As soon as it did the connection icon disappeared again. Strange but true

What ROM are you using?

One app that has always worked for me is Wifinder, you can get it in the market, just disable your internet in the phones settings and try to connect via wifinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seaniebo

lewis wrote: »
    What ROM are you using?

One app that has always worked for me is Wifinder, you can get it in the market, just disable your internet in the phones settings and try to connect via wifinder.

Lewis. I have absolutely no idea what ROM I'm using. I'll try the wifinder. Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seaniebo

seaniebo wrote: »
    Lewis. I have absolutely no idea what ROM I'm using. I'll try the wifinder. Thanks for your help

Lewis I figured it out. Simple enough in the end. I clicked on reset to default on my internet settings and back came the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

im off back to darky
    insanity is wrecking my head
    radio is crap, cannot change notification, cannot specify things, battery is crap.
    darky here i come, im sorry i left you.

question?

I have so many folders within the sd card,
    is there a program that will just delete all that i dont kneed and just leave what is required before i flash the rom.
    or can i just wipe everything and leave just the darky zip and titanium backup

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

rameire wrote: »
    im off back to darky
    radio is crap, cannot change notification, cannot specify things, battery is crap.

question?

is there a program that will just delete all that i dont kneed and just leave what is required before i flash the rom.

i installed insanity also, and the cyaogen thing..!

rubbish...

sold that sgs1 for a sgs2 anyway.

• Advertisement

im off back to darky

question?

Can you not get an app from the market for the radio, Tune In comes to mind, very good.
    What do you mean you can`t change notifications, I can, specify what? I can specify anything and everything, battery in the past has been crap but has come a long way, this ROM could`nt be any easier to set up...
    i installed insanity also, and the cyaogen thing..!

rubbish...

sold that sgs1 for a sgs2 anyway.

What are ya on about?

hey Lewis

hope your not having too many sleepless nights.

i did download a few radios and none of them worked well.
    i found the rom very buggy.
    i would have to restart the phone to get apps to work,
    felt like being in tech support again. "Turn it off and on"

i could not change the ringtone, the msg tone, the app tones, or notification tones.

i think darky is good for me cause i dont need to mess around much, its simple, its easy to use.
    maybe i was just not giving insanity enough time, but i just got fed up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Can you not get an app from the market for the radio, Tune In comes to mind, very good.
    What do you mean you can`t change notifications, I can, specify what? I can specify anything and everything, battery in the past has been crap but has come a long way, this ROM could`nt be any easier to set up...

What are ya on about?

cyanogenmod for sgs

rubbish

insanity rom

rubbish

darkys was better..

i have a sgs2 now with stock rom so doesnt matter

better?

hey Lewis

hope your not having too many sleepless nights.

i did download a few radios and none of them worked well.
    i found the rom very buggy.
    i would have to restart the phone to get apps to work,
    felt like being in tech support again. "Turn it off and on"

i could not change the ringtone, the msg tone, the app tones, or notification tones.

i think darky is good for me cause i dont need to mess around much, its simple, its easy to use.
    maybe i was just not giving insanity enough time, but i just got fed up with it.

What`s a good night`s sleep, lol/

Tune in works well for me, not that I use it much.

Are you on about the latest version of Insanity, CM41?
    cyanogenmod for sgs

rubbish

insanity rom

rubbish

darkys was better..

i have a sgs2 now with stock rom so doesnt matter

better?

You`ve no idea what your on about man, but off ya go...BTW how many Darky ROM`s are there and how many Insanity`s are there?? ;)

it was 38.

i will change again from 10.2.2
    i prob will change to insanity again to check it out
    i just need to understand what i am doing to the phone before i do it.

while changing rom, i actually did a format sd card. so i have lost everything, just a silly mistake, but if i paid more attention to what i am doing i wouldnt have made that mistake.

i think darky is a good gap filler until i find out what i want for the phone.

• Advertisement

it was 38.

i will change again from 10.2.2
    i prob will change to insanity again to check it out
    i just need to understand what i am doing to the phone before i do it.

while changing rom, i actually did a format sd card. so i have lost everything, just a silly mistake, but if i paid more attention to what i am doing i wouldnt have made that mistake.

i think darky is a good gap filler until i find out what i want for the phone.

Don`t go for 41 if you go back to Insanity, wait til 42.

How did you get to Insanity?

Don`t get me wrong Darky`s is a good ROM, I started out on it...

Don`t go for 41 if you go back to Insanity, wait til 42.

How did you get to Insanity?

Don`t get me wrong Darky`s is a good ROM, I started out on it...

from darky 9. something
    to darky 10.1

to insanity 38

to darky 10.2.2

from darky 9. something
    to darky 10.1

to insanity 38

to darky 10.2.2

How did you go about getting to Insanity from 10.1?

How did you go about getting to Insanity from 10.1?

i installed from zip
    also installed redux from zip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Problem is that DarkysRom has pretty much ground to a halt. JVS and JVT have been leaked/released and nothing has made it to Darkys.

also, are there actually any noticeable differences between all the recent JVR JVQ JVS JVT? I get the feeling it's all just a placebo effect.

Problem is that DarkysRom has pretty much ground to a halt. JVS and JVT have been leaked/released and nothing has made it to Darkys.

also, are there actually any noticeable differences between all the recent JVR JVQ JVS JVT? I get the feeling it's all just a placebo effect.

I read that JVT is no different than JVQ etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I read that JVT is no different than JVQ etc..

Whats new in the insanity world lewis? I'm still on 40.

Raoul wrote: »
    Whats new in the insanity world lewis? I'm still on 40.

41, 42, 43, lol

41, 42, 43, lol

Ha, anything noticeable? Or worthwhile flashing?

Raoul wrote: »
    Ha, anything noticeable? Or worthwhile flashing?

Its a bit more snappier, other changes are like always microscopic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

well lewis
    I see from xda that you're having more trouble with Insanity
    Why you all on Insanity anyway?? Don't see the benefits of it tbh compared to flashing the Nightlies
    Been on CM7 nightly now for weeks and there are no issues.
    Think about ditching Insanity and switching to nightlies.

G1032 wrote: »
    well lewis
    I see from xda that you're having more trouble with Insanity
    Why you all on Insanity anyway?? Don't see the benefits of it tbh compared to flashing the Nightlies
    Been on CM7 nightly now for weeks and there are no issues.
    Think about ditching Insanity and switching to nightlies.

Do you ever give up, it was`nt the ROM, I was trying some new kernels, THEY where the problem.
    If you can`t see the benefits then you should have gone to Specsavers..

I`ll be on Insanity for a good while yet man, it is easy to work with.

Since I`ve never used any on the nightlies, tell me about it, what`s it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Currently on darkys 10.2 and running into a lot of FC and phone turning itself off.

Haven't been keeping track of this thread so just wondering if there is a definitive "best ROM" these days?

Cheers.

Currently on darkys 10.2 and running into a lot of FC and phone turning itself off.

Haven't been keeping track of this thread so just wondering if there is a definitive "best ROM" these days?

Cheers.

Stay away from Insanity, its a hape of ****e..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Not true.

[ROM][2.3.5][CWM][I9000][I897] DarkyROM JVS Base
    posted on 11 Sep
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-2-3-5-cwm-i9000-i897-darkyrom-jvs-base.5427/

[ROM][INCREMENTAL][2.3.5][JVT] Update from JVS to JVT
    posted on 6 Oct
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-incremental-2-3-5-jvt-update-from-jvs-to-jvt-package-from-ota.5923/

Think I might give Darkys another go. Forget what to do now coming from Insanity

Do you ever give up, it was`nt the ROM, I was trying some new kernels, THEY where the problem.
    If you can`t see the benefits then you should have gone to Specsavers..

I`ll be on Insanity for a good while yet man, it is easy to work with.

Since I`ve never used any on the nightlies, tell me about it, what`s it like?

Sure what's Insanity only CM7 except a week or so behind. Ye get multi dpi with Insanity. Big deal. No flashing add ons with each nightly like you have with Insanity. Insanity doesn't give you a new kernel. He just uses stock. I just don't get it. Nightly is just easier to work with.

Sure what's Insanity only CM7 except a week or so behind. Ye get multi dpi with Insanity. Big deal. No flashing add ons with each nightly like you have with Insanity. Insanity doesn't give you a new kernel. He just uses stock. I just don't get it. Nightly is just easier to work with.

What`s there to get, it`s a ROM like any other, if you want something you flash it, stock kernel is fine, no need for any OC.

To each her own..

What`s there to get, it`s a ROM like any other, if you want something you flash it, stock kernel is fine, no need for any OC.

To each her own..

Of course stock kernel is fine. I use it. What I don't get is why Insanity is there at all. It's just an out of date nightly, with multi dpi, which no one uses anyway unless they have xray vision. Insanity on Froyo was great. Now nitr8 is just a cod. Anyway its not anything worth arguing about. If you want an old nightly flash Insanity. As you said, each to her own.

• Advertisement

Of course stock kernel is fine. I use it. What I don't get is why Insanity is there at all. It's just an out of date nightly, with multi dpi, which no one uses anyway unless they have xray vision. Insanity on Froyo was great. Now nitr8 is just a cod. Anyway its not anything worth arguing about. If you want an old nightly flash Insanity. As you said, each to her own.

LOL, your some lad, we all know Insanity has all the best bits from nightlies, I use 182 dpi, speeds things up very nicely. Insanity on GB is better than Froyo.

It`s far from old man, when the nightlies are out, Insanity in right behind it, trimmed with just the best bits, :)

Advertisement