Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »
    I am on the latest insanity. For some reason my pc wont pick up my phone when I connect it to usb. Please any help?? It will charge it ok but just cant get it to connect

Having this same problem again :mad:. It happened when I left my phone plugged into the pc (only charging not connected to storage) and the pcs battery went.

Going to have to go through all that crap of flashing base rom again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I am on the latest insanity. For some reason my pc wont pick up my phone when I connect it to usb. Please any help?? It will charge it ok but just cant get it to connect

Having this same problem again :mad:. It happened when I left my phone plugged into the pc (only charging not connected to storage) and the pcs battery went.

Going to have to go through all that crap of flashing base rom again.

What happens when you hook your phone up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

New Darkys is out, its just an improved 10.2. Its lovely and snappy and its got a crazy fast browser, worth flashing for that alone.
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-darkyrom-v10-2-1-final-touchwiz-4.5124/

There's a few issues with the market, it disappears, but here's the apk to fix it
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/23/download-android-market-3-1-3-adds-1-for-apps-and-games-pin-number-for-purchases-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    New Darkys is out, its just an improved 10.2. Its lovely and snappy and its got a crazy fast browser, worth flashing for that alone.
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-darkyrom-v10-2-1-final-touchwiz-4.5124/

There's a few issues with the market, it disappears, but here's the apk to fix it
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/23/download-android-market-3-1-3-adds-1-for-apps-and-games-pin-number-for-purchases-and-more/

Or ficeto's new 2.3.5 JVS Base rom with Darkcore 4.0
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-2-3-5-cwm-i9000-i897-darkyrom-jvs-base.5427/

It has extremely good comments.

• Advertisement

Give it time...

I`d just wish that Darky would concentrate on one ROM he`d like to do, he tries to please to many people, which I think why there`s so many versions....

lewis wrote: »
    Give it time...

I`d just wish that Darky would concentrate on one ROM he`d like to do, he tries to please to many people, which I think why there`s so many versions....

So you not going to try it lewis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Very few bugs being reported other than the market, but that's an easy fix. Make sure lagfix and system lagfix are enabled or you'll get a bootloop.

Browser is crazy fast, seems to handle heavier pages and flash much better. The BBC homepage with lots of heavy images opens instantly, no lag when scrolling or zooming. Its also got a nice new feature, zoom to tab, zoom out fully and it will show you the open tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Give it time...

This is a quote from Darky re: 10.2 Final
    "You may ask yourself "Why JVQ and not JVR?" - the answer is simple:
    I decided to improve an already existing ROM (v10.2) and that results in a more stable ROM than brand new firmwares."

In the Beta sections are 10.3JVR
    And 2.3.5JVS Base (seems stable to me)

So you not going to try it lewis?

It`ll take an awful lot to drag me from Insanity...:)
    rockal wrote: »
    This is a quote from Darky re: 10.2 Final
    "You may ask yourself "Why JVQ and not JVR?" - the answer is simple:
    I decided to improve an already existing ROM (v10.2) and that results in a more stable ROM than brand new firmwares."

In the Beta sections are 10.3JVR
    And 2.3.5JVS Base (seems stable to me)

Yeah I read that...and?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Hi im Rameire and it was the 25th May since my last update.

current 2.3.3
    I9000xxjvo
    dark core 2.5
    darky 10.1RE

ive had no major problems since my last update.
    occasionally now the phone freezes when using twitter
    the screens dont appear straight away when exiting facemuck or games.
    speed and battery are fine.
    I did have an app recently "Rain Alarm" and it was tearing through my battery, so if you have it, I would dump it.

so im going to set aside this weekend coming up and upload a new rom and whatever else is required.

im going to go for insanity.
    also 2.3.5. are they separate, or when I download insanity does it do the other?
    as for themes, i usually just use what comes with the download, im not that fussy.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Hi im Rameire and it was the 25th May since my last update.

current 2.3.3
    I9000xxjvo
    dark core 2.5
    darky 10.1RE

ive had no major problems since my last update.
    occasionally now the phone freezes when using twitter
    the screens dont appear straight away when exiting facemuck or games.
    speed and battery are fine.
    I did have an app recently "Rain Alarm" and it was tearing through my battery, so if you have it, I would dump it.

so im going to set aside this weekend coming up and upload a new rom and whatever else is required.

im going to go for insanity.
    also 2.3.5. are they separate, or when I download insanity does it do the other?
    as for themes, i usually just use what comes with the download, im not that fussy.

The same from what I remember, drop us a line over yonder if you`ve any question`s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i flashed this today and i must say its a lot quicker. i like the changes that have been made to make it faster.just one thing theres no rotary lockscreen any idea where i can get that from?its no big deal but i did like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

Give it time...

Don't confuse Ficeto with Darky. The base Roms afaik have no input from Darky and are always much faster and better than the final Darky edition

G1032 wrote: »
    Don't confuse Ficeto with Darky. The base Roms afaik have no input from Darky and are always much faster and better than the final Darky edition

Oh I know that, Ficeto is definitely that back bone of the whole crew...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Any issues with going from Miui back to a stock rom like Darky's? Simple CWM flash do the job? Or do I need to whip out Odin again. I would assume considering that Darky's includes kernel and modem that there shouldn't be an issue if I do a complete wipe.

Any issues with going from Miui back to a stock rom like Darky's? Simple CWM flash do the job? Or do I need to whip out Odin again. I would assume considering that Darky's includes kernel and modem that there shouldn't be an issue if I do a complete wipe.

It`s always best to do a complete clean wipe when going from ROM to ROM, no matter what you read.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Afternoon all!

Can anyone recommend a decent photo viewing app please. My standard Gallery cycles through about 10 pics and then freezes and crashes. Any suggestions welcomed...

Thanks

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Afternoon all!

Can anyone recommend a decent photo viewing app please. My standard Gallery cycles through about 10 pics and then freezes and crashes. Any suggestions welcomed...

Thanks

Quickpic, the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It`s always best to do a complete clean wipe when going from ROM to ROM, no matter what you read.

Yupp just wanted to confirm that everything could be done through CWM. After a complete wipe of data, cache, dalvik cache etc.

• Advertisement

For some reason, on updating my phone now wont play flash videos on the net. Says I need the latest version of adobe (which I have).

in the middle of bricking my phone.

was installing neo kernal, but never uploaded insanity to the zip on the phone.
    wiped all data, formatted the system, the phone just kept on cycling the phone on screen, cannot connect via usb.
    i have it in download mode now.

wondering do i use odin to fix the mess or something else.
    if so how do i do it?
    cheers
    The stupid one in the corner.

right, was able to use odin and got
    I9000xxjve
    2.6.35.7 kernel
    ginger.xwjv1 build

how do i go from here
    trying to root phone
    but not working for me ( i have superuser and titanium installed)
    i have all the zips on the phone now but keep on coming up with
    signature verificaton failed.

What ROM are you wanting to be on?

its all sorted.
    had a little nap on the couch while the Discovery channel was on.
    had a little oogle when i woke up and noticed that cant root while using froyo the hobbit, so used odin to install darky 10.1.
    and from there I was able to install the updates through the recovery mode.

just about to setup the phone, so ill update in a few min once I know it works.

2.6.35.13 platypus neo 9
    insanity cm
    now to get it back up and running with all the crap I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Quick question lads, trying to install viber earlier on both min and my sisters phones, slight problem though when i tryed to send the viber setup message from me sisters galaxy europa to my own galaxy s. The setup message came through but for some reason i cannot open it, and because the message is un-opened, it simpley will not go away, as in when i turn on the phone it comes through as a new notification.

When i try to open the message, it comes up with an error message saying "you have entered an invalid address; please correct the recipient(s) or they will not recieve the message". Now it says this despite the fact i am meant to be receiving the message, not sending one..

Any ideas on how i can make this go away?

Its a standard unlocked galaxy s by the way, running gingerbread..

EDIT: Never mind, managed to sort it out myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seaniebo

In need of help. My internet has vanished. Is there any way of resolving it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT 19000. Normally if out of service 'R' will appear beside coverage bar. But there is a blank there now. Anyone know what can be done??? I'm with Emobile

seaniebo wrote: »
    In need of help. My internet has vanished. Is there any way of resolving it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT 19000. Normally if out of service 'R' will appear beside coverage bar. But there is a blank there now. Anyone know what can be done??? I'm with Emobile

Have you flashed anything lately?

So you can't get connection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seaniebo

Have you flashed anything lately?

So you can't get connection?

Hi Lewis. No I don't think I flashed anything. MMS message still sent. I tried it there just to see and when I sent the message the internet connection appeared briefly and the message sent. As soon as it did the connection icon disappeared again. Strange but true

Advertisement