Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Struggling to wade through her sticky platitudes this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"There's a picture of.. the man who was convicted... eh .. Wayne Rooney... eh I beg your pardon, no it's not Wayne Rooney.. Wayne O'Donoghue "

bizarre mistake for her to make I thought.. You think that she would have been sure of a name before airing it, never mind mixing up the probably the most famous footballer in the world with an Irish lad charged with manslaughter... :confused:

That Gavin Titley guy is extremely sharp.. Thought he was excellent on VB Show, and he's even better on radio.. He just needs to slow down a small bit I would think..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

clowns without boarders.

im not making this up.

jesus wept.

I like the idea but its a classic Finucane number isn't it? "won't someone think of the children?" touchy feely guff.

http://clownswithoutborders.org/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

clowns without boarders.

im not making this up.

jesus wept.

Absolute rubbish programme today. Especially after the first hour was taken up with a chat about performing Riverdance for the Queen of England.

This kind of shíte would be more at home on the Mooney show.

It really is hard to justify how Finucane gets paid €50 a minute for this crap.

• Advertisement

Yeah, half an hour hero spent worshiping Bill Whelan.. A story told 1000 times before .. "we never knew people Riverdance would be a hit", "when people go to China, all the Chinese know about Ireland is Riverdance".. Well except now maybe they have heard we're all dancing to Europe's tune.

Really didnt like that property section. Smug lad from Galway says he could have flipped the apartment he bought in a couple of days and made a profit... Have we learned NOTHING...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Yeah, half an hour hero spent worshiping Bill Whelan.. A story told 1000 times before .. "we never knew people Riverdance would be a hit", "when people go to China, all the Chinese know about Ireland is Riverdance".. Well except now maybe they have heard we're all dancing to Europe's tune.

Really didnt like that property section. Smug lad from Galway says he could have flipped the apartment he bought in a couple of days and made a profit... Have we learned NOTHING...

Good post Flutt. Fully agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Good post Flutt. Fully agree.

Off the mark Blobby....as usual;)

Off the mark Blobby....as usual;)

I didnt even bother indulging him Flut, if he looked back at previous threads he would have noticed us at each other's throats, so not sure how he can make out we are the one poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I didnt even bother indulging him Flut, if he looked back at previous threads he would have noticed us at each other's throats, so not sure how he can make out we are the one poster.

Ah, you must have read that on page 1 of trolling for dummies under the heading 'throw em off the scent'. The game is up 'lads'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Lapin wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish programme today. Especially after the first hour was taken up with a chat about performing Riverdance for the Queen of England.

She never misses an opportunity to have a snide remark about the 'Queen of England' (as she calls her) and several months ago when Terry Wogan was visiting these shores and she interviewed him 'In Studio' (as she put it) with snide questions like "So have you never had any reservations about taking the Queens shilling" . . . or some such guff to that effect :cool:

She is truly awful, & I think its high time she retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Its a special on mutton and its uses today. In studio....Twink!!
    For the love of god....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

A This Is Your Life for Twink. Jaysus, the words bottom, scraping and barrel are coming to mind.

Is it just me or is Twink talking posher with every year that passes?

She is, Pat Kenny on the other hand is distinctly less posh - I heard a clip of him from 1984 (Reagan in Tipperary) yesterday and he was in full 1950s dinner jacket mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

This is the type of irish luvvie Mareen Potter b***ocksology that makes me want to pull my heart out through my foot. I'm off to smash the radio in. Good Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Whats she plugging this time?...."Nepotism: The Musical"? :rolleyes:

I was screaming at the radio earlier... Finucane. They were discussing this article:

Public sector elite enjoy pay splurge
    A 'GOLDEN Circle' of 66 elite public servants are being paid more than the Taoiseach's salary of €228,466, with many getting over €500,000 a year, the Sunday Independent can reveal. This is in spite of the country's economic demise and the arrival of the IMF.

how can Finucane sit there in judgement of these people, and call for cuts in their wages.. when her wages far exceed most of the people they are discussing.. How does she get away with this??? They must have complete censorship of the texts they receive..

And why dont they use that fingerprinting system in the social welfare offices to distinguish whether a person is who they say they are... Civil Liberties groups no doubt would be up in arms, but would it not be reasonable to say okay you have two choices...
    a) no dole and we wont infringe your civil rights by asking you for your fingerprint
    or
    b) you get dole, but you must give your fingerprint to prove who you are..

I dont think it's too much to ask..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I was screaming at the radio earlier... Finucane. They were discussing this article:

how can Finucane sit there in judgement of these people, and call for cuts in their wages.. when her wages far exceed most of the people they are discussing.. How does she get away with this??? They must have complete censorship of the texts they receive..

same way joe duffy does man.

shame and montrose have NEVER met.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Couldnt agree more what a waste of money she really is

also agree on negative texts in their eyes are all deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Saturday was a new low and I've just gone click on the show for good.

The programme has gone steadily downhill which I suspect is more to do with the producer than Finucane herself. For the past 12 months it's been a constant procession of economic punditary, media rent-a-gobs and of course, Marianne herself becoming increasingly hysterical and bronchial in equal measures as repeats her question-cum-mantra "But what CAN we DO?"

• Registered Users Posts: 72,325 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

"Happy birthday Twink, Linda Martin here, I...''

"Sorry to interrupt you Linda, but we have to pause for the 12 o'clock news.''

*muffled sounds of Marian hitting her researcher*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

"Happy birthday Twink, Linda Martin here, I...''

"Sorry to interrupt you Linda, but we have to pause for the 12 o'clock news.''
    Linda Martin being interrupted in her congratulations of Twink in order to play the angelus...I'm surprised half of Montrose didn't instantly disappear in a banality-singularity.

Getting sick of that Thomas Byrne lad's half arsed attempts at assigning the barest minimum of blame to Fianna Fáil.. And phrases like "Fianna Fáil have done well in the Seanad elections" really make my blood boil... They get decimated in the election by the democratic vote, yet they can still get their own people into power and subverting democracy by getting their own little lobby groups to vote for their members..

Enda really needs to push this Seanad abolition motion through quickly, or people are gonna think that nothing has changed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's a well kept secret that Marion doesn't actually travel to Montrose to do the show at all. She is in fact sitting at home having a fag and a drink. She hosts the show remotely by using a mobile phone and a remote control device which she presses periodically. The buttons on the remote control device are marked as follows ...

1) WIHTBS ("Well it has to be said .... ")
    2) Yeah (short "Yeah")
    3) Yeeeeaaahhh ..... (long "Yeah" with pause)
    4) WYHY ("Whatever you're having yourself ..... ")
    5) Right ("RighT" emphasis on the T)
    6) SO ( "Steady on ... " for emergency guest control)

Dont forget

7) "Uncle Tom Cobbley"
    8) "Since God was a child"

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Getting sick of that Thomas Byrne lad's half arsed attempts at assigning the barest minimum of blame to Fianna Fáil.. And phrases like "Fianna Fáil have done well in the Seanad elections" really make my blood boil... They get decimated in the election by the democratic vote, yet they can still get their own people into power and subverting democracy by getting their own little lobby groups to vote for their members..

Enda really needs to push this Seanad abolition motion through quickly, or people are gonna think that nothing has changed..

Yeah with their selective memory FF are a insult to democracy

Sooner the the better Enda get rid rid of this albatross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Pissing off to the States for a few weeks for some 'filming'....:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

LordSutch wrote: »
    She never misses an opportunity to have a snide remark about the 'Queen of England' (as she calls her) and several months ago when Terry Wogan was visiting these shores and she interviewed him 'In Studio' (as she put it) with snide questions like "So have you never had any reservations about taking the Queens shilling"

:confused: As regular as clockwork you post in order to make some British nationalist point. :rolleyes: Anyway, what is wrong with calling the Queen of England the, em, Queen of England? Tell us: what should non-British people call her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Another week without her.Where is she now?Might be better for her to take it easy and give the gig to Charlie full time.I did notice with a while she was coughing a bit more than usual.Fags might have finally caught up with her.

"Hello there, a very........":p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement