Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Pity it wasn't one of my selections.:(

Not backing these (so they'll win so back them yourselves :D )Eoin Doyle first goalscorer tomorrow at 3/1. Double of Waterford and Sligo -2 @ 4/1 is decent enough value.

Great calls again. You're research and analysis is top notch and you only need to make a few tweaks to your betting strategy before you start seeing very good returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

joebucks wrote: »
    Great calls again. You're research and analysis is top notch and you only need to make a few tweaks to your betting strategy before you start seeing very good returns.

Cheers mate, going to review what type of bets I do, might change it for this week and see if it improves. 2 nice priced winners today though, pity I hadn't money on them.

Since the "major" leagues are finished up or thereabouts I'm going to try do a match by match analysis for people, usually will be done on about a Wednesday so therefore won't have any proper team news. But in general what I plan to write on the analysis will be reflected in my bets that are posted Thursday night/Friday afternoon or in the case of this week they'll be posted Thursday afternoon since matches are on Thursday night this week.

Bohs -v- UCD
    Dodgy match, Bohs home form this season has been all over the place, while UCD's away form isn't much better. Bohs have struggled to score more than one goal a game so far, mainly due to the fact Fagan has been injured leaving Anto Flood on his own. While UCD have been having there own trouble with injuries. Would be going with a draw in this, but most likely I'll be backing under 2.5 goals which will be a trend in this set of fixtures.

Bray -v- Shamrock Rovers
    Rovers play their bogey team Bray in the Carisle Grounds, the only team who have managed to defeat Rovers in 14 games this season, with a 1-0 win over them in Tallaght back in April. Again this game is tough to call, and I can't see Bray sitting back and letting Rovers run the show. Bray can sneck a draw here imo. Rovers have only conceded 2 goals away from home this season. Won't be touching this match.

Galway -v- Drogs
    The battle of the two bottom teams, which nobody is surprised by. Galway have only managed 1 win this season, while Drogs are still 14 without a win. Again I won't be touching this match, but Drogs won't win here.

Dundalk -v- Derry
    Derry City have been off to a flyer this season, they've be very consistant. Dundalk although who are 2 places off Derry will put up a good challenge espeically with home advantage and them playing on the only Astro pitch in the LoI usually gives them a bit of an advantage. I'll be most likely backing this game, either the draw or under 2.5 goals.

Pats -v- Sligo
    4th -v- 2nd and another tough game to call. Two very uneven teams, Pats are coming off the back of a great 1-0 win over Bohs, while Pats beat Galway with a decent 3-0 win. A draw and unders will be what I'll be looking at in this match again while Eoin Doyle who is the Leagues Topscorer and is on fire atm for Sligo is 5/1 for first goalscorer.

Salthill Devon -v- Limerick
    Limerick are on fine form at the minute and I can see them coming away with a win from Drom on Thursday, won't be a high scoring match by any means. Limerick having kept 6 clean sheets this season while only conceding 6. While Salthill haven't won at home this season and only have won one on the road. Under 2.5 goals and Limerick win.

Cork -v- Mervue
    Cork are the only unbeaten LoI team still left, and I'm fully confident they can struggle past Mervue to grab a win to keep the pressure on Shels (who aren't playing on Thursday). Under 3.5 goals and Cork win.

Waterford -v- Monaghan
    6th -v- 3rd, two fairly inconsistent teams this season, with Waterford Utd shocking everyone with their bad start. Will be most likely backing under 2.5 goals in this one, can see one of them sneeking a 1-0 win, which most likely will be Monaghan.

Longford -v- Wexford
    Longford were very unlucky not to leave Tolka Park last Friday without a point, Don Cowans pace is unbelieveable and caused some amount of trouble for the Shels defence. Longford have won 4 out of 5 matches at home this season and I can see them continuing their good home form with a win over Wexford.

Finn Harps -v- Athlone
    Finn Harps find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table without a win this season, with a team that looked like they could cause trouble to clubs at the start of the season they've failed to reach that standard with no help with several injuries. Both teams can't see to be finding the net this season and therefore I'll be backing under 2.5 goals yet again.

Limerick, Cork, Longford @ 1.73/1 - 2pts
    Returns 5.45pts

Limerick, Cork, Longford, Pats -v- Sligo DRAW, Dundalk -v- Derry DRAW @ 27/1 - 1pt
    Returns 28pts

Under 2.5 Goals in
    Bray -v- Shams
    Bohs -v- UCD
    Galway -v- Drogs
    Longford -v- Wexford
    Waterford -v- Mons
    Finn Harps -v- Athlone
    @ 23/1 - 1pt
    Returns 24pts

Bank 79pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

i'm taking an accumulator

Bray-rovers draw 9/4
    Dundalk ( M'on the town) 11/8
    Sligo 13/8
    Waterford 6/5
    Drogheda 21/10 (with Galway decimated with injuries , surely the drogs have a chance of their first win)

Just stuck a fiver on it ...not sure what it would pay out (haven't got access to bookies online

• Advertisement

Returns 5.45pts

Limerick, Cork, Longford, Pats -v- Sligo DRAW, Dundalk -v- Derry DRAW @ 27/1 - 1pt
    Returns 28pts

Under 2.5 Goals in
    Bray -v- Shams
    Bohs -v- UCD
    Galway -v- Drogs
    Longford -v- Wexford
    Waterford -v- Mons
    Finn Harps -v- Athlone
    @ 23/1 - 1pt
    Returns 24pts

Bank 79pts

Gonna follow ye on the unders..best of luck

Bohs -v- UCD
    Would be going with a draw in this, but most likely I'll be backing under 2.5 goals which will be a trend in this set of fixtures.

Bray -v- Shamrock Rovers
    Bray can sneck a draw here imo. Rovers have only conceded 2 goals away from home this season. Won't be touching this match.

Galway -v- Drogs
    but Drogs won't win here.

Dundalk -v- Derry
    either the draw or under 2.5 goals.

Pats -v- Sligo
    A draw and unders

Salthill Devon -v- Limerick
    Under 2.5 goals and Limerick win.

Cork -v- Mervue
    Under 3.5 goals and Cork win.

Waterford -v- Monaghan
    Will be most likely backing under 2.5 goals in this one, can see one of them sneeking a 1-0 win, which most likely will be Monaghan.

Longford -v- Wexford
    Longford have won 4 out of 5 matches at home this season and I can see them continuing their good home form with a win over Wexford.

Finn Harps -v- Athlone
    I'll be backing under 2.5 goals yet again.

Few bad picks in there, but some good ones if I must say. Bray winning was a shock I must say although I did think they would get the draw. Think I might take this match by match approach in future, seems with a bit of tweaking it could work well.
    Returns 5.45pts

Just one winner out of three on the bets. Monday seems like an easier set of fixture to do tbh, hopefully a few better winners then. Will have the match by match done by Sunday night and bets up before I head off to Wexford on Monday for the Shels match.

Bank 84.45pts

Only short and sweet analysis.

UCD -v- St.Pats
    Pats haven't lost in 8 games and I can't see that changing tonight, Pats to just scrape a win and under 2.5 goals.

Derry -v- Galway
    Galway have been woeful this season and it's no surprise to see them footed to the end of the table. Derry should be able to win this handy enough most likely keeping a clean sheet, they've only manage to let in 3 goals at home this season, most likely be going with Derry -2.

Sligo -v- Dundalk
    Tough game to predict, can see this being under 2.5 goals and finishing 1-1. Although Dundalk are missing one of their key players in Kearns tonight, I can't see them leaving the Showgrounds without a point.

Drogs -v- Bray
    Not much to say about this, apart from Bray at 10/11 is basically buying money. Could be some value in Bray -1 too.

Rovers -v- Bohs
    Dublin Derby, therefore won't be touching this match. The draw looks likely, with the match being under 2.5 goals. Bohs are 4/1 to win this, which considering they haven't lost away from home all season represents some decent value.

Limerick -v- Cork
    Two in form teams, Cork still managing to stay unbeaten in 12 matches which seems them top of the table. Limerick have only conceded 1 goal at home all season, while only conceding 5 on the road. For that reason I'll be going with under 2.5 goals. Predicting the match is tough and can see it finishing in a stalemate.

Mervue -v- Longford
    Dodgy match and will be staying well away from this. Most likely a draw, 2-2 I'd predict.

Athlone -v- Salthill
    Again, dodgy match and will be staying away. Under 2.5 goals and a draw.

Wexford -v- Shels
    Shels have won all 5 games on the road this season and can see it continuing tonight. While Wexford have lost all 6 home matches this season, which seems them second from bottom. A win is a must to keep pressure on Cork who are top. Shels to win at 4/11 or 6/5 for the -1.

Monaghan -v- Harps
    Mons haven't lost at home in 5 matches this season, while Harps have lost all 6 of there games on the road. Mons win and Mons -1.

Bets will be up about 12.30 tomorrow before I head off to Wexford for the match.

Derry -1, Bray, Monaghan, Shels @ 4.25/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10.5pts

Under 2.5 Goals in
    UCD -v- Pats
    Sligo -v- Dundalk
    Bohs -v- Rovers
    Limerick -v- Cork
    @ 5.35/1 - 1.45pt
    Returns 9.2pts

Bank 81pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

I fancy 4 draw Accumulator tonight
    Rovers-Bohs
    Sligo -- De Town
    Mervue--Longford
    Athlone --Salthill

• Advertisement

Returns 10.5pts

Under 2.5 Goals in
    UCD -v- Pats
    Sligo -v- Dundalk
    Bohs -v- Rovers
    Limerick -v- Cork
    @ 5.35/1 - 1.45pt
    Returns 9.2pts

Bank 81pts

Great picking yet again..unlucky on the UCD to spoil your unders butd a fantastic late goal for Shels so ye must be chuffed.

I had €5 on both of these on victorchandler
    30/05/2011 EUR 5.00 4 fold: OVER 1.5 @ 2/5 [Over/Under 1.5... Returns: EUR 32.08]
    Swansea City v Reading
    ENG League Championship
    Over/Under 1.5 - 90 Mins Over 1.5 2/5 Win only Settled
    Athlone Town v Salthill Devon FC
    IRE First Division
    Over/Under 2.5 - 90 Mins Under 2.5 3/4 Win only Settled
    Limerick 37 v Cork City
    IRE First Division
    Over/Under 2.5 - 90 Mins Under 2.5 4/6 Win only Settled
    Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians
    IRE Premier League
    Over/Under 2.5 - 90 Mins Under 2.5 4/7 Win only Settled
    30/05/2011 EUR 5.00 4 fold: BRAY WANDERERS @ 17/20 [Match ... Returns: EUR 34.61
    Drogheda Utd v Bray Wanderers
    IRE Premier League
    Match Betting - 90 Mins Bray Wanderers 17/20 Win only Settled
    UCD v St Patricks
    IRE Premier League
    Match Betting - 90 Mins St Patricks 10/11 Win only Settled
    Monaghan Utd v Finn Harps
    IRE First Division
    Match Betting - 90 Mins Monaghan Utd 2/5 Win only Settled
    Wexford Youths v Shelbourne
    IRE First Division
    Match Betting - 90 Mins Shelbourne 2/5 Win only Settled

And on pp
    €6 and €10 on these to respectively..
    Bet Winnings Derry City v Galway United - Derry City @ 3/1 (-3.0) (Win) €24.00
    30/05/2011
    22:21 Bet Winnings Derry City v Galway United - E Zayed to score in 90 minutes and Derry City to win the match @ 5/6 (Win) €18.33

A good return for a Monday. This thread is essential following for a profitable summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Good stuff mate. I had a score on a Bray/Pats double so a good night all round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Had a euro in the bookies 2night so put it on an acc. for the league of Ireland. 10 games....
    Derry to win-won
    Bray to win-won
    Sligo to win-won
    Pats to win-won
    Athlone to win-won
    Limerick + Cork to draw-draw
    Monaghan to win-won
    Shels to win-won
    Rovers to win-won

and finally Mervue and Longford to draw-A 92nd minute winner by Mervue let me down for 400 quid

Returns 10.5pts

Under 2.5 Goals in
    UCD -v- Pats
    Sligo -v- Dundalk
    Bohs -v- Rovers
    Limerick -v- Cork
    @ 5.35/1 - 1.45pt
    Returns 9.2pts

Bank 81pts

UCD and Pats c*nts! Still one decent winner.

Bank 91.5pts
    Great picking yet again..unlucky on the UCD to spoil your unders butd a fantastic late goal for Shels so ye must be chuffed.

A good return for a Monday. This thread is essential following for a profitable summer!

Cheers mate. Jesus that Shels match was hell, we scored then the poxy 4th official holds up 4 mins added, how someone didn't have a heart attack I'll never know.:D

FAI weekend coming up, then the following week I'll be over in Ayia Napa on the holidays so won't have any bets, might try get a few write ups for this weekend if there's anything worthwhile (I hate cup matches in regards to betting, but have a lovely trip to Bray on Sunday afternoon :D ). Might try my best to get some write ups up for the next round of League matches before I head off on hols.

markc91 wrote: »
    Had a euro in the bookies 2night so put it on an acc. for the league of Ireland. 10 games....
    Derry to win-won
    Bray to win-won
    Sligo to win-won
    Pats to win-won
    Athlone to win-won
    Limerick + Cork to draw-draw
    Monaghan to win-won
    Shels to win-won
    Rovers to win-won

and finally Mervue and Longford to draw-A 92nd minute winner by Mervue let me down for 400 quid

Say you thought you had in it in the bag after Shels grabbed a 89th min goal. Sickening stuff mate.

Won't be including this in the log, nor would I recommend backing this with any large stake.

Crumlin Utd -v- Pats
    This stage 2 years ago Crumlin forced Shels to a replay, the resulting replay Crumlin won. Not sure how they team is like these days but if it's like what it was 2 years ago they have an excellent chance imo. Crumlin win 9/1.

Drogs -v- Mervue
    Not much reasoning here, Drogs are muck this season while Mervue have been able to string a few wins together, including a 2-1 win over a good Longford team last week. Mervue win 3/1.

Longford -v- Harps
    Longford are doing well this season, while Harps are doing shockingly bad. Longford are possibly missing a good few players but I still think they're good for the win at 4/7.

Pats winning 2-0!:( Didn't think they'd have that strong out tbh.

Drogs beating Mervue.

Longford -v- Harps still 0-0, but the chances going in the way of Longford.

Bohs -v- Sligo
    Bohs home form has been shocking this season, only managing to notch up 8 points at home in 8 matches which is the main contributor to them being stuck in 7th place in the League. On the other hand Sligo have managed 11 points on the road while managing 9 clean sheets this season out of 16 matches. Sligo are in 2nd place and are home at the tail of Shamrock Rovers. I can't see Bohs winning here tbh. Under 2.5 goals would be my bet here.

UCD -v- Shamrock Rovers
    UCD with only 3 wins at home all season, with 5 losses. UCD have lost their last 4 League games too, this fixture is only going to go one way. Rovers -1 will most likely be my bet, also some value in Rovers to keep a clean sheet at Evens.

Dundalk -v- Drogs
    Dundalk who are unbeaten at home go against Drogs who have only won one match away from home with the other 7 being losses on the road. Dundalk should win this Louth Derby fairly handy, Dundalk -1.

Galway -v- Bray
    With only 1 point out of 8 matches at home this season, Galway Utd face an uphill struggle. Rooted at the bottom of the table batting a decent Bray side who've only lost once on the road this season. Galway have lost their last 10 games in a row in the League, and 12 games since their last win. Bray win, and for the brave gamblers out there Bray -1 could be some value.

Pats -v- Derry
    4th -v- 3rd in the League. Pats haven't lost at home in 7 games, and seem fairly solid at home, newly promoted Derry have surprised most with their place in the League. Tough game to predict, I feel Pats can sneak a win here but won't be backing this game at all.

Cork City -v- Athlone
    Still unbeaten in the League this season Cork City should have enough to beat Athlone who haven't won away from home in their last 4 attempts. Cork will be looking for a win to keep the pressure on Shels. Cork to win, Cork -1 I'll be looking into too.

Shels -v- Mervue
    Shels will want to keep top spot come 10pm tomorrow, 6 games since a lost for Shels and off the back of a 3-1 win against Greystones on Sunday they should be up for this. Mervue have lost 4 out of 6 on the road this year. The fixture in Fahys Fields earlier this season proved a surprise to Shels fans who travelled, Mervue had improved a lot and Shels struggled to turn out a 2-1 win. With no injury worries to report for Shels and with them knowing what's needed to get promoted I'll be sticking with Shels for this one.

Salthill -v- Monaghan
    Salthill find themselves bottom of the table with a mere 6 points and shocking goal difference of -17 after 13 matches. With no win at home all season and 5 losses out of 6 I'd be firmly backing Monaghan to keep the pressure on top spot. Mons to win, I'll be looking into -1 too.

Longford -v- Limerick
    Tough game and won't be backing it. Longford with 5 wins out of 6 at home this season while Limerick on a decent run of form. I'd guess a draw in this match but in truth it could go either way.

Finn Harps -v- Waterford
    Underachieving Waterford make the long trip to Ballybofey to underachieving Finn Harps. Harps who've only won once at home in 6 matches are up against Waterford who've won 3 and lost 3 on the road. Again I'll be staying away from this match as it could go either way, but I could see a draw on the cards.

Bets will be up tonight, have a fair idea of what I'll be backing just waiting to see some team news to make some final decisions. Will hope to do next weeks fixtures analysis tomorrow or Saturday as I'm off on the holidays on Sunday morning.

Bets will be up tonight, have a fair idea of what I'll be backing just waiting to see some team news to make some final decisions. Will hope to do next weeks fixtures analysis tomorrow or Saturday as I'm off on the holidays on Sunday morning.

Nice one. Enjoy Ayia Napa. Get stuck in.

Nice one. Enjoy Ayia Napa. Get stuck in.

Stalker much?:D

Just after seeing team news there, I wouldn't be backing Bray -1 as they're missing a good few players, should still be good for the win. Just typing out my bets now.:D

• Advertisement

Shels, Cork, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Over 1.5 Goals Pats -v- Derry @ 2.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 7.2pts

Shels, Cork, Bray, Dundalk, Shams @ 3.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9.2pts

Shels -1, Cork -1, Dundalk -1, Shams -1 @ 10.6 - 0.5pts
    Returns 5.8

Bank 87pts

Shels, Cork, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Over 1.5 Goals Pats -v- Derry @ 2.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 7.2pts

Shels, Cork, Bray, Dundalk, Shams @ 3.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9.2pts

Shels -1, Cork -1, Dundalk -1, Shams -1 @ 10.6 - 0.5pts
    Returns 5.8

Bank 87pts

I just like to say a few things......

DUNDALK YOU F*CKING SHOWER OF C*NTING PR*CKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aswell as the bets above I also had a crazy 40/1 accum with a mix and match of LoI bets, Dundalk -1 letting me down also.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

When you eventually evolve your betting to be almost all singles with an correct bankroll strategy the bookies will be paying for your holidays.

you should examine your record to this point by figuring out your level stakes ROI for singles to see exactly how profitable you are and where your weaknesses lie.

good to see your thought process. Do you use any other factors aside from previous scores and team lineups?

where do you get the final lineups prior to kickoff?

good luck.

When you eventually evolve your betting to be almost all singles with an correct bankroll strategy the bookies will be paying for your holidays.

you should examine your record to this point by figuring out your level stakes ROI for singles to see exactly how profitable you are and where your weaknesses lie.

good to see your thought process. Do you use any other factors aside from previous scores and team lineups?

where do you get the final lineups prior to kickoff?

good luck.

LoI doesn't offer any value when it comes to singles tbh, I know what you're saying but sure anybody could pick out Shamrock Rovers or Shels at 1/5 to win, I try to find some decent value while trying to be realistic.

Factors I usually go on would be if teams are missing players, previous form (home and away), goals conceded and scored and a few other small things.

I'd never get the final lineups when making my bets, but team news is usually up on extratime.ie by the night before a match so that gives me a good indication.

UCD -v- Derry
    Overachieving Derry who find themselves in 3rd go to play 8th place UCD in Belfield. UCD have lost their last 7 matches. Along wityh this their home record is quite poor with 3 wins and 9 losses. Derry have been struggling on the road as of late but I'm fairly confident they'll win in style here, although I can't see a repeat of their 7-0 win against UCD last time out. Derry to win, value bet would be Derry -1.

Bohs -v- Drogs
    Bohs who started brightly have been struggling whereas Drogs seems to be finding some footing but still find themselves in 9th. Drogs away record is fairly bad with only 2 wins on the road with 9 losses., while Bohs home record isn't a lot better with 2 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. Bohs should win, albeit it being by a small margin, 1-0 or 2-1 would be my guessing.

Pats -v- Bray
    Pats find themselves hot in the tail of Rovers, while Bray are looking to cause somewhat of an upset this season which finds them in 5th place atm. Pats haven't lost in 13 matches and haven't lost at home in 8. Pats have only lost once at home this season while Bray have only lost once on the road, this will not be a match I'll be backing a team to win in instead Over 2.5 goals will be my bet.

Dundalk -v- Galway
    Struggling Galway travel to Oriel with several injury woes along with their squad all being placed on the transer list the other day. 15 games without a win for Galway makes Dundalk firm favourites here even with Dundalk only managing 4 points out of their last 5 games. Dundalk to win, Dundalk -1 for some value.

Sligo Rovers -v- Shamrock Rovers
    Battle of the Rovers takes place in the Showgrounds. Sligos home form of 7 wins and 2 losses looks much more attractive than Shamrock Rovers away form of 4 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. Both are on steady enough form, but I wouldn't be backing either. Over 1.5 goals would be my bet in this, although I'd be weary of that.

Cork -v- Waterford
    Munster derby sees Cork still holding their unbeaten run this season with 5 wins and 2 draws at home, while Waterford away form is fairly poor with 3 wins and 4 losses. Cork to win, for the brave people out there -1 could be some value.

Wexford -v- Limerick
    Wexford have lost all 7 matches at home this season, while Limerick are looking to bounce back after being thrashed 3-0 by Shels last week. I fully expect a Limerick win here, again -1 could be some value.

Shels -v- Athlone
    Top of the table Shels look to keep their good form going with a win at home to 8th place Athlone. Shels haven't lost in 8 which was their only loss of the season, while Athlone have only won one on the road this season. I fully expect them to be able to beat Athlone and beat them easily enough. -1 for some value.

I've done Shels, Bohs and Derry all -1 for just under 10/1 :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    I've done Shels, Bohs and Derry all -1 for just under 10/1 :)

Just do my finishing touches to my bets, personally I wouldn't have done Bohs -1, would have probably when with Shels -1, Derry -1, Dundalk -1, and Bohs each to their own and good luck with it. Not much value this week tbh.

Shels -1, Derry -1, Dundalk -1 @ 2.58/1 - 2pts
    Returns 7.16pts

Limerick, Shels, Cork, Dundalk, Bohs, Over 2.5 Pats/Bray @ 5.93/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6.93pts

Bank 84pts

Just do my finishing touches to my bets, personally I wouldn't have done Bohs -1, would have probably when with Shels -1, Derry -1, Dundalk -1, and Bohs each to their own and good luck with it. Not much value this week tbh.
    I just thought with Bohs on the back of a good result in Bray, they might put a couple past Drogs tonight, here's hoping.

• Advertisement

No match by match anaylsis for this weekend and possibly no bets, very hard weekend of matches to predict imo, might to an Unders/Overs bet that's about it, will see tomorrow.

Advertisement