Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shelbourne, Waterford, Cork City, St. Pats and UCD all to win @ 11.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 12.5pts

Sound Waterford, though they would have been the safest team in that bet tbh. Shels to play tomorrow but the other 3 won.
    Bray and Dundalk both to win @ 14/1 - 1pt
    Returns 15pts

Started off very well, but well downhill rapidly.

Shels -1, Cork City -1, St.Pats -1 @ 32/1 - 1pt
    Returns 33pts

Pats win 3-0, Cork only 1-0 and Shels to play tomorrow.
    Dave McMillan - First Goalscorer in Galway -v- Pats @ 5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6pts

Scores the 2nd goal, 3 mins after the 1st is scored.:mad:

Jason Byrne - First Goalscorer in Shams -v- Dundalk @ 8/1 - 1pt
    Returns 9pts

Thanking you Jayo, scores a Peno to put Dundalk in the lead only for them to lose 3-1.

After week one we're at 114pts.

Bohs, Pats, Dundalk, Limerick and Cork City all to win @ 4/1 - 2pt
    Returns 10pts

Bohs -1, Dundalk -1, St.Pats -1 @ 9/1 - 1pt
    Returns 10pts

Dinny Corcoran - First Goalscorer in Bohs -v- Drogs @ 12/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 6.5pts

Scorecast - Gary Twigg First Goalscorer and 1-1 score @ 22/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 11.5pts

Bank 110pts

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Derry about the only bet i fancy this weekend. The bookies are very tight on the fancied teams this weekend. For anyone who may have followed me in on the John Russell bet he hit the post at 0-0....sick!!!

Phonics wrote: »
    Derry about the only bet i fancy this weekend. The bookies are very tight on the fancied teams this weekend. For anyone who may have followed me in on the John Russell bet he hit the post at 0-0....sick!!!

UCDD won't be a push over, lad I went to school with got promoted to their first team this season said Martin Russell is doing a great job with very little quality. UCDD have always been dark horses in this League and can always cause an upset imo.

UCDD won't be a push over, lad I went to school with got promoted to their first team this season said Martin Russell is doing a great job with very little quality. UCDD have always been dark horses in this League and can always cause an upset imo.

Ya he does do a great job but their squad this year is so poor. 2 lads that are ex-rovers who arent premier standard(marshall and meenan)started with them in key positions last week.Meenan actually played with ye for a while,was he released?? Anyway happy with the result, a good nights work!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck this season Gav, I'm watching with interest. :)

Bohs, Pats, Dundalk, Limerick and Cork City all to win @ 4/1 - 2pt
    Returns 10pts

Bohs -1, Dundalk -1, St.Pats -1 @ 9/1 - 1pt
    Returns 10pts

Dinny Corcoran - First Goalscorer in Bohs -v- Drogs @ 12/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 6.5pts

Scorecast - Gary Twigg First Goalscorer and 1-1 score @ 22/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 11.5pts

Bank 110pts

Bad week, that Pats result was mental to say the least, but benefits my Bray e/w bet.:D
    Phonics wrote: »
    Ya he does do a great job but their squad this year is so poor. 2 lads that are ex-rovers who arent premier standard(marshall and meenan)started with them in key positions last week.Meenan actually played with ye for a while,was he released?? Anyway happy with the result, a good nights work!!

Meenan been with more clubs that I've had hot dinners. Think he was basically told to pish off as his atitude was crap.
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Best of luck this season Gav, I'm watching with interest. :)

Cheers man, hopefully a better week next week anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

We've a terrible squad this season, just lucky that Drogheda are even worse. Didn't deserve a win in that game either.

Didn't get on here on Friday to through up bets, a combo of a vist to the doctors, Cheltenham, pub and Shels match hampered that.:D Could have a massive single match bet for Friday, just waiting to get confirmation on a couple of injuries.:cool:

Didn't get on here on Friday to through up bets, a combo of a vist to the doctors, Cheltenham, pub and Shels match hampered that.:D Could have a massive single match bet for Friday, just waiting to get confirmation on a couple of injuries.:cool:

Big single....im very interstested!!!Need to get back on track, still cant believe what happened Derry in Drogheda last week.

• Advertisement

Well the big single probably won't happen, basically as some of you might know Bohs played Hibs in a friendly on Monday, Fagan and Bisto went off injured. Seems Flood will be ok so it's kinda turned me off Galway at 11/2. I'll wait to see team news tomorrow.

What do you think of your match this weekend??now i fully expect yous to win the league this year but do you think Mervue may be a tad overpriced this weekend at 15-2. They are better than a lot of people seem to give them credit for and have had a decent start to the season including a draw at home to Cork who youd expect to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and by a few accounts seemed to be unlucky in longford last week after taking the lead. Wouldnt be one for massive stakes but just seems to be a big price, what ya think??Fwiw i think we could go a bit mad this weekend and batter the Drogs at home, we are due to give a performance and might dutch a couple of the bigger scorelines to nil as i cant see them scoring against our defence.

Afaik we've a full strength squad and I'll be honest when I can see us thumping these. We seem to be starting to gel as a team, and seem to be gradually getting better week by week. I'd be saying Shels -1 or -2 tbh, Matthews will have gave them some bollocking after a shocking second half performance last week and can't see us repeating that crap this week.

On an unrelated betting note, I hope the weather stays as is, could get a lot of people out to matches and will make a long trip to stand in a field in Galway a lot more bearable for me tomorrow.:D

Bohs, Sligo, Cork, Shels, Limerick and Monaghan all to win @ 6.15/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7.15pts

Derry -v- Shamrock Rovers
    Pats -v- Dundalk
    UCD -v- Bray
    All to be draws @ 33/1 - 1pt
    Returns 38pts

Sligo -1, Shels -2, Monaghan -2 @ 17/1 - 1pt
    Returns 18pts

John Russell (First Goalscorer for Sligo Rovers) @ 5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6pts

Dave McMillan (First Goalscorer for St.Pats) @ 6/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7pts

Bank 105pts

The handicap treble was done with Boyles as PaddyPower don't have Shels -2 on their site.

Still unclear if Anto Flood and Fagan will be out for Bohs, so I'm staying away from Galway and backing Bohs instead. If Bisto and Fagan happen to be out I'd get on them (personnally won't be as I'll be on a bus to Mervue).

Didn't really expect Shels to struggle that much in Mervue, but they screwed the nice handicap bet as the other two came in.

And the other bets were woeful.

Hopefully someone got on Galway to beat Bohs in the end.:mad:

Sligo, Shams and Dundalk all to win @ 2.77/1 - 3pts
    Returns 11.31pts

Pats-v- Bohs
    Bray -v- Derry
    Cork -v- Monaghan
    Wexford -v- Mervue
    All to be draws @ 107/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 54pts

Sligo -1, Shams -1, Dundalk -1 @ 20/1 - 1.5pt
    Returns 32pts

Bank 101pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Keep the head. Its a marathon not a sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Took the handicap treble for tonight Gav, here's hoping :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    Took the handicap treble for tonight Gav, here's hoping :)

Here's hoping. Sligo would be the dodgy game in that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Here's hoping. Sligo would be the dodgy game in that imo.
    Indeed they turned out to be. Unlucky, great price for it, and if sligo had of got one more it'd of been up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Followed you on the straight treble, cheers for that. Was a teeny weeny bit over 3/1 on paddy power @ around 7.20ish

Sligo, Shams and Dundalk all to win @ 2.77/1 - 3pts
    Returns 11.31pts

Pats-v- Bohs
    Bray -v- Derry
    Cork -v- Monaghan
    Wexford -v- Mervue
    All to be draws @ 107/1 - 0.5pts
    Returns 54pts

Sligo -1, Shams -1, Dundalk -1 @ 20/1 - 1.5pt
    Returns 32pts

Bank 101pts

First bet came in, second had 2 out of 4 right and the last bet was screwed up by Sligo who by accounts should have won by more than 1-0.:mad:

Bank 112.31pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Heard they were all over Galway.
    Quick question Gavin. When opening an xtravision accound,what do I need?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Heard they were all over Galway.
    Quick question Gavin. When opening an xtravision accound,what do I need?

Yup heard they were, which makes it even worse. Then they go and slaughter Portadown which I got a "tip" off but was stuck in work.

You need photographic ID and a bill with your address.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hmm Gavin say my I.D says I'm from Sligo and I'm opening one in Galway will they let me?
    I don't have any bills either,it'd be a letter from the State Exam Comission,would they take that?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Hmm Gavin say my I.D says I'm from Sligo and I'm opening one in Galway will they let me?
    I don't have any bills either,it'd be a letter from the State Exam Comission,would they take that?

Doesn't matter, once it's a picture of you and your name matches that on the letter with your address.

Derry, Galway, Bohs, Shams, Limerick, Harps all to win @ 22/1 - 1pt
    Returns 23pts

Derry -v- Dundalk
    Monaghan -v- Longford
    Wateford -v- Cork
    All to be draws @ 32/1 - 1pt
    Returns 33pts

Bohs -1, Shams -1, Limerick -1 @ 17/1 - 1.31pt
    Returns 23.58pts

Bank 109pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hopefully more luck with the handicaps this week lad, I'm going for this:
    Rovers -1
    Limerick -1
    Bohs
    Galway

odds of about 21/1

Voltwad wrote: »
    Hopefully more luck with the handicaps this week lad, I'm going for this:
    Rovers -1
    Limerick -1
    Bohs
    Galway

odds of about 21/1

Would have thought Bohs -1 was more solid than Rovers -1. Bray being somewhat Rovers bogey team, granted it's moreso when in the Carisle but still. Nice bet, you have with cracking odds.

• Advertisement

Derry, Galway, Bohs, Shams, Limerick, Harps all to win @ 22/1 - 1pt
    Returns 23pts

Derry -v- Dundalk
    Monaghan -v- Longford
    Wateford -v- Cork
    All to be draws @ 32/1 - 1pt
    Returns 33pts

Bohs -1, Shams -1, Limerick -1 @ 17/1 - 1.31pt
    Returns 23.58pts

Bank 109pts

Woeful!
    Would have thought Bohs -1 was more solid than Rovers -1. Bray being somewhat Rovers bogey team, granted it's moreso when in the Carisle but still. Nice bet, you have with cracking odds.

F*ck off Bray, I backed them every time last season to beat Shams and this match I don't and they win.:mad:

Advertisement