Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Premier Division

Sligo Rovers to win the League @ 9/4 - 10pts
    Returns 32.5pts (Paddypower)

Bray Wanderers to win the League @ 150/1 - 1pt e/w
    Returns 182pts (Paddypower)
    Each Way pays out on top 3.

Jason Byrne (Dundalk) Top Goalscorer @ 11/1 - 2pts
    Returns 24pts (Boylesports)

Sligo come 2nd.:mad:

Bray gave me a decent run for my money finishing 6th, they were too inconsistent imo.

Jayo started off well but hampered with injury this season and didn't make even the top 10. Zayed I'd say would have been cracking odds!:mad:
    First Division

Shelbourne to win the League @ 9/4 - 5pts
    Returns 16.25pts (Paddypower)

Finn Harps to win the League @ 20/1 - .5pt e/w
    Returns 13pts (Paddypower)
    Each Way pays out on top 3.

Stephen O'Flynn (Limerick) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt
    Returns 11pts (Boylesports)

Conan Byrne (Shelbourne) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt
    Returns 11pts (Boylesports)

Make or break for the Shels bet tonight, a win or draw against Cork and we've a nice return.

Finn Harps were brutal and I excepted a lot better from them.

Stephen O'Flynn was nowhere, didn't help that Limerick signed Rory Gaffney mid season tbh.

Conan Byrne came 5th.:( (obviously if he doesn't score a good few tonight)

Really need Shels win or draw to make up for a bad betting season, started off well, but started going downhill.

...And that sums up a sh*te betting season, Shels concede in the 94th/95th min when supposedly only 3 mins were added which no one knew due to the board breaking mid-match.

And on that note, I'll be back in February with hopefully some better luck!

Closing bank of 69.65pts

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

...And that sums up a sh*te betting season, Shels concede in the 94th/95th min when supposedly only 3 mins were added which no one knew due to the board breaking mid-match.

I was wondering what happened with the board, I was freaking out cause I didn't know how long was left. Hard way to lose the match though, and hard luck with your bet Gavin.

Twas tough. Lansdowne Rd on Sunday though!:cool:

Just a couple of huge bets I've heard of this season, a mate of mine down in Cork had Cork/Shamrock Rovers to win their Leagues since the start of the season, 30/1, he had €20 on it!:mad: And a good few of my mates have Shels e/w to win to Cup at as high as 66/1 and as low as 20/1.

Hoping to get time to do some write ups on my outright bets this weekend, probably just League outrights for the moment, have two bets which have some great value imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Do share!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Do share!

Time will tell, haven't placed them myself yet, and won't till I've posted it here.

One of my bets is shortening, will do write ups now in the next 30 mins.

St.Pats to win the Premier Division @ 12/1 - 2pts e/w (Ladbrokes)

Imo on paper Pats have the strongest side as of now.

Clarke and Murphy between the sticks, have two options as good of these is going to make sure there will be serious competing for that 1st team jersey.

Defence, Pats have a nice mix of young and experienced players, the players at their disposal should form a rock solid back 4, combined with a top goalkeeper I can't see them conceding many goals.

In midfield they have some serious class with Chambers returning from Scotland to sign, young excellent talent of Forrester off Bohs and John Russell a key player with Sligo last season. A few other lesser players would can do the job. And by the sounds of it the quality Jake Kelly will be signing for Pats, which would make up a serious midfield.

Last but not least, their firepower, apart from Fagan they don't have much in the way of goal scoring threats, Daly won't be banging them in imo and if Stephen O'Flynn does sign I can't see him doing a job either. If Fagan stays injury free he'll be hitting the nets like no tomorrow, I expect a good few goals coming from a very attack minded midfield also.

Now to their challengers:

Shamrock Rovers are favourites (for obvious reasons), but to date they haven't make much of an impact in the transfer market with just one new signing. Goalkeeper wise they could be shakey is the rumours are true that Conor Winn (ex-Galway) and Conor Devlin both young and inexperienced keepers imo, neither would be as good as McMannus, Richard Bursh and Ryan Thompson. Taking a look at the Rovers side from their friendly against Mervue on Saturday their team looks disjointed tbh, there's no real stand out players.

Sligo are second favourites, a team with serious firepower, two decent keepers and a decent defence and midfield. Their downfall this season will be conceding too many imo, they're team is exactly attack minded by the looks of it and could concede a lot on counter attacks. Adding to this Paul Cooke could be departing Sligo for a switch to Acc. Stanley to be closer to his family, Sligo have gave permission for contact. Carr and/or Foster are lined up, neither will be able to replace Cooke if he does leave.

Longford to win the First Division @ 10/1 - 2pts (Boyles)
    Betting without Limerick @ 3/1 - 5pts (Boyles)

Limerick should win this Division with ease, so second place is on the line. Everyone seems to be hyping Waterford but they don't seem up to much, they lost 5-0 to a very poor Bray team the other day and Waterford just haven't made the signings (aside from Dempsey).

Compare this with Longford, they're brought in a couple of ok players off Shels with Colly James (big physical midfielder), Bermingham (brutal for Shels but may shine here) and ofcourse Dave McGill (a hard hitting midfielder who was the back bone of Shels for 4 seasons, unfortunately is injured at the minute).

I was chatting with their first team keeper the other week, he was saying how Tony Cousins has them pumped up and aimed at winning the Division, that they're doing double training at weekends and the likes. Their side wouldn't have the star studded line out Limerick have, but I can see Longford pushing them.

11 points staked over 3 outrights, that leaves 58.65pts to play with.

• Advertisement

Jake Kelly played for St.Pats today and has signed (just waiting for the FAI approval). Great signing imo and will help my bet.

Also Paul Cook looks set to leave Sligo Rovers, seems Acc. Stanley and Sligo have agreed a fee and Cook wants back to England to be closer to his family. Odds will go down on Pats if this happens, Cook is the reason Sligo have won 2 FAI Cups in 2 seasons while doing well in the League.

Onto Longford, Alan Kirby played for them and supposedly is signing, great signing for them, a player who had a good season last year with Sligo and will add some experience to a fairly young Longford side.

St. Pats, Mervue and Monaghan all BTTS @ 5.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6.5pts

Rovers -1, Limerick -1 and Cork @ 4.15/1 - 1pt
    Returns 5.15pts

Pats, Derry and Dundalk @ 4.2/1 - 1pt
    Returns 4.2pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Good to be back Gav! Best of luck!

Voltwad wrote: »
    Good to be back Gav! Best of luck!

Hopefully a better betting season. You off up to Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Only just finished college man. The early kick off hasn't done me any favours :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    Only just finished college man. The early kick off hasn't done me any favours :(

Least it's on the box, no Tolka matches Live this season so have to make sure there's no work or college on a Friday evening!

St. Pats, Mervue and Monaghan all BTTS @ 5.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6.5pts

Rovers -1, Limerick -1 and Cork @ 4.15/1 - 1pt
    Returns 5.15pts

Pats, Derry and Dundalk @ 4.2/1 - 1pt
    Returns 4.2pts

And that's why they were 1 pointers, some crazy results tonight.:eek:

Shamrock Rovers, Sligo, Longford and Limerick @ 3/1 - 2pts
    Returns 8pts

Over 1.5 goals in the Bohs, Pats and Shamrock Rovers matches @ 2.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 7pts

Shams -1, Derry and Cork @ 3.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 4.5pts

Over 1.5 goals in the Bohs, Pats and Shamrock Rovers matches @ 2.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 7pts

Winner! :D

Bank 57.65pts

Pats, Waterford and Sligo @ 1.5/1 - 3pts
    Returns 7.5pts

Drogs v Dundalk btts
    Athlone v Finn Harps btts
    Waterford-1
    @ 6.95/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7.95pts

Waterford -1 and Pats -1 @ 3.2/1 - 2pts
    Returns - 8.4pts

• Advertisement

Limerick -1
    Mons -v- Sligo BTTS
    Rovers -v- Shels BTTS
    @ 6.06/1 - 2pts
    Returns 14.12pts

Cork, Wexford and Longford @ 3.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 9.2pts

Bank 46.65pts :(

Derry to win nil, Drogs to win and Under 1.5 goals in Bohs/Cork @ 9.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 10.5pts

Derry to win nil, Drogs to win and Under 2.5 goals in Bohs/Cork @ 5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 12pts

St.Pats to win the Premier Division @ 12/1 - 2pts e/w (Ladbrokes)
    Longford to win the First Division @ 10/1 - 2pts (Boyles)
    Betting without Limerick @ 3/1 - 5pts (Boyles)

Best price on Pats is 10/1 atm

Best price on Longford is 3/1 atm with them 2/5 Betting without Limerick!

Weekly bets aren't going well, but Longford are going excellent and I think Friday might have been Pats wake up.

Sligo win, Under 2.5 Goals in UCD/Bohs and BTTS in Drogs/Pats @ 4/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10pts

Bank 44.65pts

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best price on Pats is 10/1 atm

Best price on Longford is 3/1 atm with them 2/5 Betting without Limerick!

Weekly bets aren't going well, but Longford are going excellent and I think Friday might have been Pats wake up.

So far they been decent calls Gavin. You look like you will get run for your money at worst.

Sligo win, Under 2.5 Goals in UCD/Bohs and BTTS in Drogs/Pats @ 4/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10pts

Bank 44.65pts

Disaster!
    So far they been decent calls Gavin. You look like you will get run for your money at worst.

...and Longford go and lose tonight ffs! :mad:

Over 2.5 goals Pats/UCD
    BTTS Drogs/Shels
    Derry -1

@ 7/1 - 1pt
    Returns 8pts

Bank 43.65pts

Gary Twigg Anytime Goalscorer
    Bray -v- Bohs both to score Evens
    Waterford win