Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bray, Wexford, Cork and Pats all to win @ 6/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7pts

Bohs -v- Shams
    Mervue -v- Limerick
    Shels -v- Mons
    All to be draws @ 33/1 - 1pt
    Returns 34pts

Mervue and draw, Galway and draw, Bohs and draw @ 6/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7pts

Pats -1 and Cork -1 @ 5.75/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6.75pts

*Killian Brennan First Goalscorer in Bohs -v- Shams @ 10/1 - 1pt
    Returns 11pts

Bank 104pts

*Killian Brennan takes Bohs frees, and could very well take any penalties ahead of Anto Flood tomorrow, at 10/1 it's worth a small punt.

Christ! Brennan was close to scoring just before Bucko did. And Pats have entered my blacklist!

Shams, Cork, Dundalk, Derry, Mons all to win @ 7/1 - 2pts
    Returns 16pts

Bray -v- Galway
    Finn Harps -v- Longford
    Athlone -v- Mervue
    Returns 34pts

Cork -1, Monaghan -1, Shams -1, Derry -1, Dundalk -1 @ 100/1 - 1pt
    Returns 101pts

Bank 100pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Going with Rovers, Bray & Dundalk all to win -1. odds of nearly 20/1

Nice, cracking odds too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Nice, cracking odds too.
    Galway have half a team and the other two should be formalities. Drogs are like a Sunday league team, pure awful. Rovers probably let me down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happylarry5000

Hi Lads

I have always been wary of bookies turning up on TV and giving you their picks but during the week I checked out the Leon Blanche prediction video on the airtricity league website to see how he got on and he had all the results spot on.

I had a look at his picks again this morning(admittedly they are more straight forward) but they look to be solid and he also provides pretty sound reasoning for all of them.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiene of his bets

PS-Love the thread Gavin, keep up the good work

Only heard of him last week when my mate told me about him, just watched his video there all his picks today are spot on with maybe the exception of Sligo, can see possibly a draw there or even Bohs nick a win.

Cheers btw.

Shams, Cork, Dundalk, Derry, Mons all to win @ 7/1 - 2pts
    Returns 16pts

Bray -v- Galway
    Finn Harps -v- Longford
    Athlone -v- Mervue
    Returns 34pts

Cork -1, Monaghan -1, Shams -1, Derry -1, Dundalk -1 @ 100/1 - 1pt
    Returns 101pts

Bank 100pts

Christ!
    just watched his video there all his picks today are spot on with maybe the exception of Sligo, can see possibly a draw there or even Bohs nick a win.

Now why the hell can I pick stuff up like this when I don't back it!:mad:

So my final selections on my season long bets (PP's special odds on what I wanted were sh*te). First Division to follow with match bets tonight.

Premier Division

Bray Wanderers to win the League @ 150/1 - 1pt e/w
    Returns 182pts (Paddypower)
    Each Way pays out on top 3.

Bray in 2nd place after 8 matches!:D

• Advertisement

Shams, Shels, Pats, Limerick, Mons all to win @ 4.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 11pts

Wexford -v- Waterford
    Dundalk -v- Bray
    UCD -v- Sligo
    All to be draws @ 37/1 - 1pt
    Returns 38pts

Shels -1, Pats -1, Shams -1 @ 8/1 - 2pts
    Returns 18pts

Bank 95pts

Very hard week imo, few dodgy matches this week, Bohs -v- Derry being the main one which I'm avoiding, can see it maybe being a 2-2 draw there.

On some bad form atm, at least some of my outright bets are looking good, Shels for the League, Bray e/w, Jason Byrne top goalscorer (scored again today).

Just one bet tonight,

Pats, UCD to win and Over 2.5 Goals in Bohs -v- Bray @ 4/1 - 3pts
    Returns 14pts

Bank 92pts

On some bad form atm, at least some of my outright bets are looking good, Shels for the League, Bray e/w, Jason Byrne top goalscorer (scored again today).

Just one bet tonight,

Pats, UCD to win and Over 2.5 Goals in Bohs -v- Bray @ 4/1 - 3pts
    Returns 14pts

Bank 92pts

Thought my luck had changed, Pats being 2 down and coming back to win 5-2, UCD losing 1-0 and coming back to win 2-1, but poxy Bohs and Bray couldn't score one more between them! C*nts!!!!!!!!

Just one bet for the weekend, hard set of matches and Punchestown is taking up most of my money.

Finn Harps, Bohs, Derry, Dundalk @ 7.6/1 - 2pts
    Returns 17.2pts

Fcuk off Finn Harps!!!!!! Not a good start for their new management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Seeing as the major leagues are drawing to a close i will be studying the LOI closer. Can you go into more detail on your resources and handicapping method. Possibly a LSP tracker?

good luck and keep up the good work.

Seeing as the major leagues are drawing to a close i will be studying the LOI closer. Can you go into more detail on your resources and handicapping method. Possibly a LSP tracker?

good luck and keep up the good work.

LSP tracker?

Resourses would be mainly Extratime.ie, windrawwin.com and then my own knowledge and inside info.:D If I have time I'll start writing why I'm picking what, etc...

Thanks.

LSP level stakes profit. Basically whats your profit if you bet E1 on each of your bets.

UCD and Derry -2 @ 4.78 - 2pts
    Returns 11.55pts

Bank 88pts

UCD - UCD are a much more solid team compared to Galway, granted UCD are just above Galway in the table but they are the stronger team. Galway have only won one game this season while drawing twice and losing 8 times so far, they've conceded a whopping 23 goals which is the worse in the League. UCD were beaten 7 nil on Friday by Derry and I can see UCD bouncing back. UCD to win by a goal.

Derry -2 - To many Derry are the surprise package this season, 2nd place after 11 games and looking in fine form. Derry managed to score 7 goals against UCD on Friday and shouldn't have any bother continuing their goal scoring spree against bottom of the table Drogheda. Can see a 4-0 win for Derry.

• Advertisement

UCD win 3-0 tonight. Just need Derry to win by the same margin tomorrow night to end my losing streak in this log.

Derry have a goal disallowed and then score in the last few seconds to make it 2-0. Just my luck tbh. Roll on Friday and getting rid of this poxy losing streak!

Samir Belhout First Goalscorer Bray -v- UCD @ 7/1 - 1pt
    Returns 8pts

Samir Belhout Anytime Goalscorer Bray -v- UCD @ 12/5 - 1pt
    Returns 3.4pts

Cillian Morrison, their main striker this season is injured and will mean Samir should definitely start as he has done for a few games this season, including on Monday against Galway where he bagged a goal in there 3-0 win. He's an old school mate of mine and I keep telling him that I'll back him one of these days to score, so going to but my faith in him tonight.:D

Eoin Doyle First Goalscorer Drogs -v- Sligo @ 7/2 - 2pts
    Returns 9pts

Seems Doyle has hit form finally this season with a hattrick on Monday against Bray in which they won 3-1. Drogs are a much weaker team imo option and can see Doyle grabbing at least 2 here tonight.

Sligo -1, Bohs, Wexford all to win @ 4.3/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10.6pts

Sligo, Bohs, Wexford, Shels, Mervue, Bray all to win @ 30/1 - 1pt
    Returns 31pts

Bank 81pts

Pity Paddy Power don't do double the odds if a player scores twice, awh well cheers Eoin Doyle.

Jesus Wexford was a very shock result and messed up my treble, then Shels and Wexford wrecked the accum.

Bank 91pts

Your a brave man to be betting -2 in loi.

i have been doing some stats work and there seems to be good value in the 2.5 goals market.
    do you have any experience with this market in loi?

Your a brave man to be betting -2 in loi.

i have been doing some stats work and there seems to be good value in the 2.5 goals market.
    do you have any experience with this market in loi?

The -2 will probably be coming out for the Shams -v- Drogs match on Friday.:D

Over 2.5 goals is a dodgy one imo, I used to back it in doubles and trebles on here. a while back, I'd lend more towards over 1.5 goals. Might start looking at overs in the future (aka this weekend :D), just had a quick look at this weekends fixtures and I will definitely be doing a overs double or treble bet.

Limerick, Dundalk, Cork, Derry -1, Shams -1 @ 16/1 - 1pt
    Returns 17pts

Limerick -1, Derry -1, Shams -1 @ 6.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 7.5pts

Dundalk, Derry, Shams -1 @ 4.5/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10.5pts

Limerick, Derry, Shams -1 @ 2/1 - 3pts
    Returns 9pts

Over 2.5 Goals in
    Shams -v- Drogs,
    Shels -v- Longford,
    Derry -v- Bray,
    UCD -v- Dundalk
    @ 12/1 - 1pt
    Returns 13pts

Bank 83pts

No reasoning as I've no time, but if any of the above come in I'll be going with Eoin Doyle first goalscorer tomorrow at 3/1. Trying to find somewhere that still doubles the odds for 2 goals and trebles the odds for 3 though. Also a small double of Waterford and Sligo -1 would be tempting.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derry FU*KING POXY C*NTING City!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:mad::mad::(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derry FU*KING POXY C*NTING City!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:mad::mad::(:(

Unlucky boss, great call on the Shams -2.

• Advertisement

joebucks wrote: »
    Unlucky boss, great call on the Shams -2.

Pity it wasn't one of my selections.:(

Not backing these (so they'll win so back them yourselves :D )Eoin Doyle first goalscorer tomorrow at 3/1. Double of Waterford and Sligo -2 @ 4/1 is decent enough value.

Advertisement