Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had the last month of games, results usually all over the place.

Waterford and Pats to win @ 2/1 - 2pts
    Returns 6pts

Bray -v- UCD draw
    Drogs -v- Fingal draw
    Waterford -v- Limerick draw
    @ 35/1 - 1pts
    Returns 36pts

Over 2.5 Goals in
    Waterford -v- Limerick
    Pats -v- Dundalk
    Drogs -v- Fingal
    Bray -v- UCD
    @ 11/1 - 2pts
    Returns 24pts

Bank 90pts

Dundalk hadn't scored ine 1000 minutes of football and hadn't lost to Dundalk in years afaik and lose 2-1 tonight, and Waterford stroll home.

The draws treble was a bit far fetched.

Over 2.5 goals accum came in though.

PROFITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:D

Bank 114pts

No bets tonight, nothing really that I fancy and can see a few shock results.

Sligo, UCD and Waterford all to win @ 8/1 - 2pts
    Returns 20pts

Cork and Shels to win @ 5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6pts

Over 2.5 Goals in
    Shams -v- Fingal
    Galway -v- UCD
    Dundalk -v- Sligo
    @ 7/1 - 1pt
    Returns 8pts

Bank 110pts

Sligo, UCD and Waterford all to win @ 8/1 - 2pts
    Returns 20pts

Over 2.5 Goals in
    Shams -v- Fingal
    Galway -v- UCD
    Dundalk -v- Sligo
    @ 7/1 - 1pt
    Returns 8pts

Bank 110pts

2 out of 3!:cool:

138pts. Profit rolling in at the end of the season.:D

Over 2.5 Goals in
    Fingal -v- Galway
    UCD -v- Dundalk
    Shels -v- Mervue
    @ 3/1 - 3pts
    Returns 12pts

Bank 135pts

• Advertisement

Fingal, Galway, Bohs and Shams all to win @ 4/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10pts

Over 2.5 goals in all 10 Premier matches tonight @ 13/1 - 1pt
    Returns 14pts

Bank 132pts

Might have a few bets tomorrow for the finale of the 1st Division, see what time I'm off work at and how the nerves are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

10 premier matches?

Fingal, Galway, Bohs and Shams all to win @ 4/1 - 2pts
    Returns 10pts

Over 2.5 goals in all 5 Premier matches tonight @ 13/1 - 1pt
    Returns 14pts

Bank 132pts

Might have a few bets tomorrow for the finale of the 1st Division, see what time I'm off work at and how the nerves are.

Bad end to the season, betting wise and Shels wise. Open this back in March!

Sligo Rovers to win the League @ 9/4 - 10pts
    Returns 32.5pts

Bray Wanderers to win the League @ 150/1 - 1pt e/w
    Returns 182pts
    Each Way pays out on top 3.

Sligo Rovers are a class act of a team, having seen them basically dismantle Shams in the FAI Cup I think they have a real chance of winning the League this season. They probably won't lose any of their decent players and they'll probably bring in a few decent players, missed them at 8/1 on WilliamHill that rapidly went down to 9/2 after an hour.

Bray Wanderers, mental bet imo. If I remember rightly, if you only included Brays results from when Delvin took over till the end of the season, Bray were top. Delvins still in charge this season and I'm not aware of many players leaving them, missed them at 500/1 but I think 150 is worth an ew punt.

First Division odds ain't out yet, but it will be a toss up between Shels, Waterford and Limerick.

Bank 120pts

Paul Cook linked with a move to take over the Stockport job, that Sligo bet mightn't be so tempting after all.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Paul Cook linked with a move to take over the Stockport job, that Sligo bet mightn't be so tempting after all.:mad:

McCabe gone too!

colly54 wrote: »
    McCabe gone too!

Knew that when posting the bet, was basically confirmed two weeks ago he was signing for Shams, Richie Ryan though signed a new contract with Sligo and Cook said he has no intentions of leaving.

On the Bray bet, Devlin has managed to sign up a good chunk of their 1st team squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Karl Sheppard top scorer next season ;)

any odds on top scorers yet?

im disgusted he went to Rovers but he will bang them in there, best player in the league imo.

Kod-box wrote: »
    Karl Sheppard top scorer next season ;)

any odds on top scorers yet?

im disgusted he went to Rovers but he will bang them in there, best player in the league imo.

Awh Sheppard, Shels reject!:D

Only odds so far for the LoI is the Premier Division outright.

Ye Twigg and Sheppard up front will always be a nice combo for Shams, but they play sh*te football, very Dermot Keely"esque" like tactics from what I seen of Shams this season, hoof hoof hoof! Wouldn't say the best in the league, definitely top 10. He was always moving back to Dublin anyway, something to do with him getting a ban from driving afaik.

Didnt hear about the driving ban lol

He's the best ive watched in a while, i thought he'd be back to England tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Lookin' forward to keepin tabs on this for the new season, good luck lad!

Kod-box wrote: »
    He's the best ive watched in a while, i thought he'd be back to England tbh.

Homesick, that's why he came back to Ireland.

Arguements with the staff at Everton i heard, from the horses mouth.

On top of my big Sligo bet and small ew Bray bet I should be doing a small double on most likely Shels/Shams double, going to hold out till full squads are announced.

Premier Division will be tight this season imo Shams, Sligo, Pats and Derry should all be up there or thereabouts come October.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

On top of my big Sligo bet and small ew Bray bet I should be doing a small double on most likely Shels/Shams double, going to hold out till full squads are announced.

Premier Division will be tight this season imo Shams, Sligo, Pats and Derry should all be up there or thereabouts come October.
    dundalk should be stronger than pats and derry.

• Advertisement

Just a repost of my post back in Janaury.
    Returns 32.5pts

Returns 182pts

Sligo Rovers are a class act of a team, having seen them basically dismantle Shams in the FAI Cup I think they have a real chance of winning the League this season. They probably won't lose any of their decent players and they'll probably bring in a few decent players, missed them at 8/1 on WilliamHill that rapidly went down to 9/2 after an hour.

Bray Wanderers, mental bet imo. If I remember rightly, if you only included Brays results from when Delvin took over till the end of the season, Bray were top. Delvins still in charge this season and I'm not aware of many players leaving them, missed them at 500/1 but I think 150 is worth an ew punt.

First Division odds ain't out yet, but it will be a toss up between Shels, Waterford and Limerick.

Bank 120pts

League up and running on Friday, have a few ideas of who I'll be backing, etc... just waiting to hear some team news. Plan to have my weekly bets up by Thursday night every week. Also plan to have my few more season long bets up by tomorrow (just waiting to see if Paddypower will give me a special price on a bet).:cool:

Hopefully this can start off where it finished last season but with a happier ending for myself (aka Shels wiping the floor with the League and being back where we belong).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Just a repost of my post back in Janaury.

League up and running on Friday, have a few ideas of who I'll be backing, etc... just waiting to hear some team news. Plan to have my weekly bets up by Thursday night every week. Also plan to have my few more season long bets up by tomorrow (just waiting to see if Paddypower will give me a special price on a bet).:cool:

Hopefully this can start off where it finished last season but with a happier ending for myself (aka Shels wiping the floor with the League and being back where we belong).

Surely Shels have to be the bet of the opening weekend??really cant believe their price. Also gonna have a prety large interest in Pats at the prices. Galway gonna be really bad this year and excluding Drogs i dont see either of them picking up too many points this season. Big singles and doubles on them 2 on opening weekend for me

Phonics wrote: »
    Surely Shels have to be the bet of the opening weekend??really cant believe their price. Also gonna have a prety large interest in Pats at the prices. Galway gonna be really bad this year and excluding Drogs i dont see either of them picking up too many points this season. Big singles and doubles on them 2 on opening weekend for me

11/8 we were yesterday on PP, definitely worth a large sum for anyone out there. Still waiting on PP to see if they can offer me a price on a related event. Mervue could be worth a few bob too this weekend, brought in a few decent players imo, while Bray will be another team I'll be looking at, both Bohs keepers are most likely out so they'll have their A team youngster Craig Sexton in goals.

11/8 we were yesterday on PP, definitely worth a large sum for anyone out there. Still waiting on PP to see if they can offer me a price on a related event. Mervue could be worth a few bob too this weekend, brought in a few decent players imo, while Bray will be another team I'll be looking at, both Bohs keepers are most likely out so they'll have their A team youngster Craig Sexton in goals.

Ya was thinking bout Bray myself aswell. 5/4 i got on Powers earlier for Shels. Really like Pats tho. We played Galway in a friendly last week and it really should have been 6 or 7-1. They really gonna struggle this year especially in the early stages and i still think the 8/11 is good value and thats in from 5/6.

So my final selections on my season long bets (PP's special odds on what I wanted were sh*te). First Division to follow with match bets tonight.

Premier Division

Returns 32.5pts (Paddypower)

Returns 182pts (Paddypower)

Jason Byrne (Dundalk) Top Goalscorer @ 11/1 - 2pts
    Returns 24pts (Boylesports)

First Division

Shelbourne to win the League @ 9/4 - 5pts
    Returns 16.25pts (Paddypower)

Finn Harps to win the League @ 20/1 - .5pt e/w
    Returns 13pts (Paddypower)

Stephen O'Flynn (Limerick) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt
    Returns 11pts (Boylesports)

Conan Byrne (Shelbourne) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt

Bank 110pts

All my bets for weekly matches will be taken on Paddypower unless stated (only other bookie would be Boyles).

Shelbourne, Waterford, Cork City, St. Pats and UCD all to win @ 11.5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 12.5pts

Bray and Dundalk both to win @ 14/1 - 1pt
    Returns 15pts

Shels -1, Cork City -1, St.Pats -1 @ 32/1 - 1pt
    Returns 33pts

Dave McMillan - First Goalscorer in Galway -v- Pats @ 5/1 - 1pt
    Returns 6pts

Jason Byrne - First Goalscorer in Shams -v- Dundalk @ 8/1 - 1pt
    Returns 9pts

Bank 105pts

First Division

Shelbourne to win the League @ 9/4 - 5pts
    Returns 16.25pts (Paddypower)

Finn Harps to win the League @ 20/1 - .5pt e/w
    Returns 13pts (Paddypower)

Stephen O'Flynn (Limerick) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt

Conan Byrne (Shelbourne) Top Goalscorer @ 10/1 - 1pt

Bank 110pts

Did ya get the special price you were on about earlier in the thread??mind me asking what it was??also on the -1 bets on Pats,Shels and Cork its definitely getting some of my money!!

Phonics wrote: »
    Did ya get the special price you were on about earlier in the thread??mind me asking what it was??also on the -1 bets on Pats,Shels and Cork its definitely getting some of my money!!

Thought I posted it must have forgot, it was Conan Byrne top goalscorer and Shels to win the League which they only gave me 12/1 on. Conan Byrne alone on Boyles is 10/1 and Shels are 9/4 on PP. Still tempted to ring up Boyles tomorrow and get a price mind you.

Ye the -1 treble is a crazy price, Cork and Shels should do the business fairly handily, Pats is dodgy as Galway are usually they're boggy team, in saying that Galway still have finalised a squad.

• Advertisement

Thought I posted it must have forgot, it was Conan Byrne top goalscorer and Shels to win the League which they only gave me 12/1 on. Conan Byrne alone on Boyles is 10/1 and Shels are 9/4 on PP. Still tempted to ring up Boyles tomorrow and get a price mind you.

Ye the -1 treble is a crazy price, Cork and Shels should do the business fairly handily, Pats is dodgy as Galway are usually they're boggy team, in saying that Galway still have finalised a squad.

I really fancy Pats but ya Galway are a bit of a bogey team but i think they have had just so little time to prepare that they should be ok!!I dont fancy much in our game but John Russell at 18/1(with ladbrokes) to score first is a huge price as he will be playing in the advanced central role of our 5 man midfield and os a player who can score goals. Ya can also back e/w on first goals with them and he is definitely worth a bet.
    Getting excited about tonights game now. Getting the dinner in at half 1 and then pints and a bus to derry at 4. Really good to have live football back!!

Advertisement