Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lol....i have to praise Williamson/Plec for truely tapping into the Twilight teen/tragi romance with that Damon/elena scene.....if you read the comments section it's all swoon and OMG!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-8/?order=ASC&page=6#comment-app

These producers are genius, but at least they are tapping more into the true Blood demographic as well, i think TVD has the best of both worlds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

lol....i have to praise Williamson/Plec for truely tapping into the Twilight teen/tragi romance with that Damon/elena scene.....if you read the comments section it's all swoon and OMG!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-8/?order=ASC&page=6#comment-app

These producers are genius, but at least they are tapping more into the true Blood demographic as well, i think TVD has the best of both worlds.

I have to admit, I may have done some swooning myself :D

I was actually discussing this earlier. This show is very clever in that it appeals to the tween market who are just looking for hot people and swooning. But, for an older audience it does go much deeper if you're willing to look.

I've never watched Twilight myself,but I know the gist of it, and I do like True Blood, or I did before season 3, it was a bit dodgy, but yeah, sometimes it goes a bit over the top for no reason, so I'd agree that TVD is a pretty perfect middle ground.

I read those earlier and then wished I hadn't.

Although, like I've said before, usually the show still manages to shock and surprise me even when I've seen lots of spoilers.

I'm a bit confused about the lack of a web clip for this episode. Maybe it's all too spoilery?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryton James will be playing a new love interest for Bonnie. He knows all about her powers and isn't afraid of them, because his history-professor father told him all about the Salem witches. But Luka also has a secret.

• Advertisement

Sneak peak at episode 9, shippers will need a new monicker for Bonnie and Jeremy...um, Bonnemy?

Sneak peak at episode 9, shippers will need a new monicker for Bonnie and Jeremy...um, Bonnemy?

How about referring to them as "really Bonnie? Reall?!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

So.. thoughts on this episode?
    Absolutely loved the opening scene. I was almost in tears. Nina knocked it out of the park. Now I want to know more about Katherina circa 1492. I wish they told the entire episode in flashback format instead of jumping between all the other stories, Caroline/Stefan, Bonnie/Jeremy/New guy & Damon/Rose. Hope we get to see more flashbacks somewhere down the line. It's all very intriguing...and yes Katherine still remains my favourite character even if her reasoning can be selfish :P

Here's a preview for the next episode [hehe]
    Alaric!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDM_gRQykQQ&feature=player_embedded

That was quite good. We found out quite a bit, but I still don't get why the Originals are so set on breaking this curse. There's not that many Ware wolves left that they'd be a problem to them?

I do love Katherine, and if it means she's safe, I want her in the tomb forever :D She's the safest psychotic bitch in town :D

Nina seems to do upset better in Bulgarian than in English, I was a bit emotional at the start.

Kind of sucks we've to wait 3 weeks for the next one, and then there's only 2 more before the winter break :(

Oh and one other thing. Back before they revealed Katherine was actually Katerina, I had her pegged as Irish, cuz ya know, Katherine Pierce, it's a pretty Irish name... So last night with the scene at the start, I was thinking imagine if she had been Irish and this scene was 'as gaeilge' :D I don't think it would've had quite the same impact:D

The Vampire Diaries
    - 3.495 million viewers
    - 2.1/3 HH
    - 1.6/4 A18-49
    - 1.9/6 A18-34
    - 2.6/8 W18-34

Nikita
    - 2.330 million viewers
    - 1.4/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.1/3 W18-34

Finals for last night, the women demo held, but overall viw]ewers dropped....i do worry about Nikita, it continues to slide. Not seen any tv from last night due to technical issues.

• Advertisement

Dobrev is what, East European?....made perfect sense they'd use her original speaking language, she played that opening scene excellent...very well acted and emotional, Nina played four characters in this ep., Katerina (Blugarian)/ Katerina (English)/ Katherine and Elena....fair dues to her, she pulled it off!

I hope Nina Dobrev dosen't go down the ROMCOM route, it'll kill her career....she needs to pick films wisely and do indie stuff. I'm still confused about the relationship between Katherine and Elena.

Katerina had a human baby, does that mean then Elena is a decendent from this baby?, and the curse was created by killing a Petrova...a Petrova that wasn't Katerina, so who got killed?

So they need vampires, wolves and witches to break the curse?....bit messy imo. A very good ep. - Damon and Rose?....meh, Bonnie and Jeremy, yay!...he's good for her, don't like this Luka guy.

Some Caroline and Stefan bonding, WHY do they keep mentioning Lexi?....three eps. now, wasn't she killed last season when she visited Stefan?....played by Arielle Kebbel.

Nina was born in Bulgaria, raised in Canada, but apparently speaks fluent Bulgarian, so it did indeed make sense.
    She is really good, I know Ian Sommerhalder gets a lot of praise for his portrayal as Damon, but Nina is absolutely killing it this year. It's a real shame that they'll never get any real recognition from the Emmy's or the likes. Such a shame.

Anyway, I was reading somewhere a suggestion that maybe Lexi was one of the Originals? She did say she was older than Damon, so maybe she's not actually dead? They only staked her, so maybe they're planning on bringing her back? I know she was on Life Unexpected, but that's cancelled now, so maybe?

The Doppelgangar thing is confusing. As far as I understand it there was a Petrova person who was sacrificed to seal the original curse. The witches who did the curse set up a get out clause where a doppelgangar of the original Petrova would pop up at some point, and her blood would break the curse. Katerina was a doppelgangar just like Elena, but she hung herself and became a vamp (how awesome was that!!) because they needed her to be human for her blood to be used to break the curse.
    Fast forward a few hundred years and Elena pops up, a new doppelgangar, and now they want her to kill to break the curse.

A few things bother me about that though.
    1 - I still don't understand why it's so important to them to break this curse.
    2 - If this curse is an Aztec one like they said, it doesn't make sense. Katherine had the moonstone in England in 1490. How the hell did they get it from Mexico way back then?
    3 - The originals didn't know about Katherine's baby, so didn't know the blood line continued. Elijah had no idea Elena existed until Rose & Trevor showed him. So, Elena wouldn't be in danger now if it wasn't for them, so why are we helping and sleeping with Rose? It's her fault!!!

Casting sides have gone out for Klaus, which means he could be with us fairly soon into the second half of the season :D
    Klaus is late-20′s to mid-30′s. He’s handsome, charming, intelligent, with a sharp wit. He’s the only person who can out-Damon Damon. That’s because he’s got a thousand years on him. Klaus is one of the Originals. Possibly the oldest. But you’d never know it because he keeps up with the times.

I'd have thought Katherine did a pretty good job of out Damon-ing Damon. Exciting stuff:)

Promo for episode 10, can't wait for it to return Thursday!!

New episode was alright. Too much Jeremy, not enough Katherine :D

The stuff with Tyler was great. Can't wait for next week when the full moon hits.

Stefan in the tomb will undoubtedly lead to more Katherine, so for that I'm thankful.

Completely confused about Elijah? I'm guessing he's keeping Elena safe until Klaus gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Elijah might have his own hidden agenda. What if he doesn't want to break the curse?
    TBH I expected something more dramatic of the last pre-hiatus episode. Not that it was bad, it didn't give me thrills...
    Oh, am I the only one hoping Stefan stays in the tomb forever? :D

andala wrote: »
    Elijah might have his own hidden agenda. What if he doesn't want to break the curse?
    TBH I expected something more dramatic of the last pre-hiatus episode. Not that it was bad, it didn't give me thrills...
    Oh, am I the only one hoping Stefan stays in the tomb forever? :D

There's still one more episode before the winter hiatus. It's ware wolf heavy, so I'm guessing there'll be drama and cliff hangers galore.

I'd be happy with Stefan in the tomb forever if it meant we got to see Katherine being hilarious every episode.

I'm still fuzzy on the whole curse thing. Makes no sense why all the vampires haven't just hoodwinked a witch/warlock into making them nifty magic rings. So why Klaus wants to break it, or why Elijah might not is beyond me at the moment.

Here's the short promo for next weeks episode. No sign of the extended one yet.

and a web clip....

I think the whole
    Katherine/Steffy getting all hot & bothered
    in next weeks ep is just a big tease. A dream or some other sort of cop out, but who cares? More Katherine. So colour me grateful.
    Anyone else think Matt is kinda expendable now? I like the chemisty between Carloine & Tyler more, and tbh we don't need another love triange when we already have two over Bonnie & Elena.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

There's still one more episode before the winter hiatus.

Wow! You've just made my day!

I'd be happy with Stefan in the tomb forever if it meant we got to see Katherine being hilarious every episode.

I'm still fuzzy on the whole curse thing. Makes no sense why all the vampires haven't just hoodwinked a witch/warlock into making them nifty magic rings. So why Klaus wants to break it, or why Elijah might not is beyond me at the moment.

Maybe there are too few witches around (although the latest congestion of them in the town proves otherwise) or maybe most vampires do not know such rings exist? but it doesn't add up somehow, surely a guy like the late Slater would know about about rings and would be able to find a witch to get himself one.
    Maybe Elijah is a vampire with conscience and doesn't want hundreds of blood thirsty vampires walk around in daylight? or maybe he feels it would ruin the class system among vampires? Just guessing here. Or maybe he's got a bone to pick up with Klaus and it's his personal choice not to let him lay his hands on the doppelganger? I wouldn't be surprised if he had a thing going on with Katherine and that was causing him to disobey Klaus...so many unknowns, looking forward to seeing how the plot develops :)

The Mason transformation video was quite gruesome....fairly chilling scene. Loved the happy and smirky look on Katherine's face when Stefan got locked in the tomb. I think Elijah has his own agenda and wants to use Elena for his own ends.

Shocked you girls didn't mention shirtless Alaric!....i suspect some girls passed out during that scene :-)

It was an OK ep. no real shockers or gripping, not liking Alice....stupid goth girl tryna become undead, meh.

• Advertisement

Yeah I didn't like Alice either, and I hope Rose is gone for good now too.

I watched it a second time, 'cause you sometimes miss things first time round. I'm not sure about Bonnie and Jeremy, if they are right for each other, thinks he needs someone more on his level. He stepped up so fair play, but he was rather stupid as Bonnie said...Caroline/Tyler....um, imagine the babies!....or can they have baby pups?

It's gonna be good seeing Katherine wind up Stefan over what Damon and Elena are getting upto, i bet she'll try makes moves on Stefan....'cause she's bored. So will they like feed Stefan blood?....and will he share it with Katherine?

This whole moonstone stuff is getting a bit too complicated and long winded, it would also be nice if they did a fun episode, inject a bit of humour....just an odd ep. or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

+1 on hoping Rose is gone for good.

That scene with Alaric was very welcome!!:D

In general, I found it a fair episode. Hopefully next week's one will have a better pace and some great hiatus cliff hangers. I can't wait to see Tyler transform. That should be a cracking scene if the one with Mason is anything to go by.

What I'd really love to see next week is Matt go bye bye forever!! He annoys me so much. I know he's one of the few non supernaturals in the show but he is so irritating and one dimensional. Elena has moved on, Caroline and Tyler are getting on very well and all those other girls that were around are dead. Time for him to go, please Kevin!!!

it's being billied/hyped as the HOTTEST sex scene ever on tv!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/07/vampire-diaries-nina-dobrev-tomb-sex/

Yay?

So we can assume it's not a dream then?

How weak is Stefan if he gives in that quickly!!

I have no idea what the Elijah stuff is about. It all sounds very exciting. :D

More spoilery stuff:
    HollywoodLife.com has learned that actor David Anders — who plays Elena’s biological dad, John Gilbert — will be back on The Vampire Diaries!

Hold onto your seats for this one, TVD fans! We’ve learned from a source on The Vampire Diaries set that actor David Anders will be returning to the show for episode 213. Not only that, but his character, John Gilbert, knows how to kill Elijah — the vampire who is after his daughter, Elena.

Although we’re not sure on how many episodes he’s set to appear, we’ll keep you posted as we hear.

The last time we saw John, he was packing his bags after Stefan told him Elena didn’t want him there. He gave his ring to Jeremy and we figured he had left Mystic Falls for good — so glad we were wrong!

Anyone else think last nights episode was very anti climatic for a mid season finale?
    and I knew it! I knew the Stefan/Katherine sex scene would be a dream. Frak!
    I don't particularly care for Rose either, and I hear the next ep is pretty Rosecentric *snore*
    Tyler's transformation was cool. Poor guy, you could really feel his pain. Liking the new weregirl in town too.
    Oh and I think Stefan got out of the cave way too quickly. They could have kept him in there for at least one more ep.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Anyone else think last nights episode was very anti climatic for a mid season finale?
    and I knew it! I knew the Stefan/Katherine sex scene would be a dream. Frak!
    I don't particularly care for Rose either, and I hear the next ep is pretty Rosecentric *snore*
    Tyler's transformation was cool. Poor guy, you could really feel his pain. Liking the new weregirl in town too.
    Oh and I think Stefan got out of the cave way too quickly. They could have kept him in there for at least one more ep.

I agree. The cliffhanger at the end wasn't great.
    They're supposed to leave you worrying about what's going to happen but all I was thinking was JUST DIE ALREADY!!! I HATE YOU!!! :D

Also, Stefan is now dead to me for just leaving Katherine in the tomb like that. Boo you whore!!!

Tyler stuff was pretty good, and as far as wolf transformations go it was better than True Blood or anything else I've seen them in, but there was so bloody much of it. Could've done with less Tyler, more Katherine :)

Also, how stupid is Bonnie, the other witch guy asks no questions, just blindly agrees to help her, and she doesn't wonder what's up with that?

Short and extended promo's for next episode, not on until January 27th. Spoilery if you haven't watched last nights episode.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was just saying that over on IMDB. Bad Steffy, very bad Steffy. Katherine even tried redeeming herself, well a little :D and he just left her there [cry]

Advertisement