Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

andala wrote: »
    One fine episode, I say. Good balance between different plots and a nice retrospection. Still, I find it hard to believe that Katherine really loved Stephan. Unless it's the old "opposites attract" truth.
    I have a theory about why Elena looks like Katherine - to be so they'd have to have the same mixture of blood in them. We know Elena has the blood of Lockwoods and Katherine in her so that would have to mean that either Katherine had a thing with a Lockwood (either before becoming a vampire) or after (I know it's impossible but Lockwoods are a special brand too). Or, maybe, Katherine is a daughter of a Lockwood - she's got European roots and so do they, maybe her great, great grandma got pregnant with a Lockwood who promised to marry her but later broke her heart and humiliated her. And now Katherine is looking for revenge? Well, I'm curious about what storyline they'll come up with in the show

Elena doesn't have Lockwood blood in her, or did I miss something? Her dad is a Gilbert and Isobel was Peterson or something.
    I have no idea what is going on there though, or what the right question is?

The idea of a doppelganger has been used for years in literature and a lot of times doppelgangers behave like a manifested conscience and haunt a person for what they have done wrong. The doppelganger motif is used, because it stands for someone facing those aspects of themselves that they try to suppress.

So pretty much my idea at the moment is that they're kind of two halves of the same person? Like Katherine is all the negative parts of Elena magnified, and Elena is all the positive parts of Katherine magnified. How that happened, or why, I have no idea at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So Kathlena(copyright) is a splice?, was Dr. Frankenstein dropped into Mystic Falls or something?

So Kathlena(copyright) is a splice?, was Dr. Frankenstein dropped into Mystic Falls or something?

Well, stranger things have happened ;)

Katherine seems to know what's up, so maybe there's some sort of magic involved? Maybe she got Emily to decant all her niceness into a jar and sent it into the future to be implanted into a distant relative when necessary. :eek:

I don't know, I've honestly got no idea what's going on there at all, but Kevin Williamson did say that we wouldn't find out for a while, but implied that they knew what was going on, so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Oh, you're right about Elena being Gilbert, I got it wrong, Tickle...so that's it for my theory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Really enjoyed this episode especially the backdrop to the earlier days. Gave us a little more insight into both Stefan and Katherine. I also believe Stefan loved her uncompelled and that Katherine loved him too.

I agree that it seems a bit weird that she just came back for him considering how long she's had to do so, but how long has Stefan and Damon been back in Mystic Falls?? Not that long and perhaps Katherine couldn't track him previoulsy but because he and Damon had made so much noise, she did. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I was wondering what Katherine meant when she said that too Richard. So what questions does Elena need to ask Katherine???

Next weeks episode looks good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Episode was quite good. I am hoping that this the last major flashback to come from the Gone with the wind period- I don't think they can add much to that part of the storyline apart from revealing what it was Katherine gave. Also how is it that the potential bad guys have become so reasonable in the show? The werewolves don't want to kill anyone and Katherine has just turned and slightly maimed one person (compared to Damon who has killed a number of people). I actually preferred the idea that the likeness between E and K was just a coincidence- just a genetic anomaly. No idea where the storylines are going, so am happy enough.

BRING IT ON!...know what?, if it's the last thing i do i'm gonna convert Basquille to the awesomeness that is TVD!, i'll be talking to his GF and she'll force him to watch a marathon catchup session!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Great episode , I absolutely love the flashback scenes - they are so well done!

Highlight for me was the ending scenes - I actually felt so sorry for Catherine :(

They also couldn't have picked a better song (breathe again by Sarah Bareilles) but then again the music is always brilliant on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Episode 5 - I did not expect THAT!
    Oh, and it's not fair that
    Dobrev gets to kiss all the hot guys mad.gif

Ace ep.!....Caroline kicked soooooo much ass, she was bad....love it!
    I saw that Dobrev was WAY into that kiss with Taylor Kinney, seriously...major liplock action!

Lots of lovely reveals and twists, show is NEVER boring!...loved Mason outing the Salvatore brothers, sherrif mom was pretty bad ass herself popping the two boys full of wooden bullet holes, Caroline showing how real vamps should operate.

Bad Stefan coming back?...Mason and Katherine?, he obviously dosen't know what the moon stone actually does. I wonder if the moon stone kills vamps or wolves?

Another action packed ep. - need more Caroline!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

This show just gets better and better!

On the edge of my seat!

Caroline: "Did you get some bunny into you?"

Hilarious!

Can not wait for next week. :)

Have to say I called the Mason/Katherine connection a few weeks back, but it was still a great episode.
    Caroline is fast becoming a favourite of mine. Her "Hi Mom" after killing the deputies was hilarious. NEVER KILL HER WRITERS!!!

Feel free to kill Sheriff Mom though, she gets more annoying with every second of screen time.

The Stefan/Elena fake fight stuff was annoying, they're bordering on sickeningly sweet now, and the whole suck my hand stuff at the end was worse.

I don't find Uncle Mason all that attractive, but still, Nina Dobrev has the best job in the world. Watch out Alaric and Tyler, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she gets to you as well. :p

NB: No New Episode next week. .

Have to say I called the Mason/Katherine connection a few weeks back, but it was still a great episode.
    Caroline is fast becoming a favourite of mine. Her "Hi Mom" after killing the deputies was hilarious. NEVER KILL HER WRITERS!!!

Feel free to kill Sheriff Mom though, she gets more annoying with every second of screen time.

The Stefan/Elena fake fight stuff was annoying, they're bordering on sickeningly sweet now, and the whole suck my hand stuff at the end was worse.

I don't find Uncle Mason all that attractive, but still, Nina Dobrev has the best job in the world. Watch out Alaric and Tyler, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she gets to you as well. :p

NB: No New Episode next week. .

Sadly, as Candice says here --> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a281101/accola-no-diaries-characters-are-safe.html

'Guess what - you're on a vampire show, you can die at any time'.

Sadly, as Candice says here --> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a281101/accola-no-diaries-characters-are-safe.html

'Guess what - you're on a vampire show, you can die at any time'.

Yes, but that was said to her at the very start of season 1, so it's true for everyone, human and vamp. However, I'm sure they'll off her at some point in the future, but the way she's coming on this season it'd be a big mistake to do it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Great episode, loved Caroline defending Damon and Stefan.

Mason is a pretty awful actor so I don't think we'll see his character staying around for too much longer. Katherine is clearly using him and was pissed at him having a go at Damon and her precious Stefan.

Yeh, it was great when Mason did them in to the Sheriff. Clever lacing the drink like that.

Roll on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great episode with lots of twists in it. This was definitely VampCarolines best episode. I think I prefer when Katherine is manipulating events from the shadows rather than on-screen herself when she just seems very young and immature. I don't see the point of stefan going back on the human blood since I thought the strength of the vamp was really dependent on the age of the Vamp. I mean if she is as old as say Pearl was she should be able to destroy him, blod or no blood.
    Anyone think the rotation/abssence of minor characters is more noticeable this season? The absence of Alric/Jenna/Bonnie and Jeremey for no reason in different episodes just seem more noticeable.

Lads...you're not gonna belive this
    TVD will do a flashback to 1490 to explore Katherine's origins!
    ...that's mad!!....never of guessed it went back that far!!

Two new characters being added:
    Luka, 17, African American: He’s a new kid at school and Alaric asks Bonnie and Jeremy to show him around. Luka asks Bonnie about the Bennet name and whether she knows about the Salem witches. Later Jeremy gives him a tour of the school, Jeremy says that Sheila (!!! Sheila mention!!!) taught a class on witches at the university and that Jeremy’s dad followed her work, was a believer and wrote his dissertation on witches. Jeremy says Bonnie is not like that, Luka says she’s cute.

Joanes, 38, Luka’s dad: Alaric runs into Luka and Joanes at the Mystic Grill. Luka and his dad get along very well. Joanes notes that he and Alaric have a lot in common (history lovers) and they have a beer together. Jenna is there with Alaric. In a different scene Joanes reprimands Luka for telling “her” too much about himself. Luka says that she would have figured it out anyway.

I'm quite annoyed they keep adding males, as a guy i want more hotties + STOP KILLING OFF ALL THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!

I had no idea she goes all the way back to the
    1400's!!!
    She's ancient. I do have to agree with the post above there about Stefan on the human blood. If Katherine is
    600 plus years old
    , he's never going to be strong enough to defeat her, people blood or bunny blood.

More little spoilery bits for the next few episodes....
    Lucy, a sexy, hard core vampire is going to take Elena, but only to entice another uber-powerful vamp named Phillipe. Elena is exactly what Phillipe has been wanting and Lucy wastes no time letting him know she has his prize. During Elena’s captivity with Rose she learns some unnerving truths.

- Lucy isn’t going to kill Elena, someone else is/or at least planning to.
    - Stefan, her soul-mate, used to be a ripper.
    - A ripper is a vampire with no self control, that just rips you apart and feeds.

This begs several questions and opens the rest of the season up to wild speculation, as if we needed help;).

Is Elena the target, bait or both?
    Who is this new vampire Phillipe and what are his plans for Elena?
    How will Elena cope with Stefan’s dark past? Most importantly, though, how does Katherine fit into this deadly equation?

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episodes-207208.html#ixzz11zMrdCBY
    Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

Guessing from that .....
    Phillipe is whoever Katherine's been running from. Possibly her maker. Plans on using Elena for swapsies.

^ getting very complicated, plot wise, based on those spoilers....

• Advertisement

Little video from NYCC previewing the next two episodes. Looks amazing.

Uh oh!....cast member to be staked! (gone for good)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-death-is-coming.html

Wonder who it is?...Mason?, Caroline?

Uh oh!....cast member to be staked! (gone for good)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-death-is-coming.html

Wonder who it is?...Mason?, Caroline?

I was reading this earlier and my immediate panic stricken reaction was OH GOD!! Don't let them kill Matty!!!! Then I thought, OH NO!!! It's going to be Caroline!!!
    After I calmed down a little, I thought I hope to God it's Sheriff Mom!!! But the most likely candidate I'd say is Mason. I'm basing this on the fact that I know from twitter that the actor who plays him is living in a hotel in Atlanta, rather than renting a place, and if that doesn't scream expendable character then I don't know what does.

Alot of people are saying Jenna or Matt, if it's Matt and Katherine kills him Caroline will go over the edge!!....that would be pretty good tv actually!

Love to see a Caroline vs. Katherine showdown....if it's Jenna, BIG shocker!...the brothers Salvatore will go ballstic and Elena into freefall!

Alot of people are saying Jenna or Matt, if it's Matt and Katherine kills him Caroline will go over the edge!!....that would be pretty good tv actually!

Love to see a Caroline vs. Katherine showdown....if it's Jenna, BIG shocker!...the brothers Salvatore will go ballstic and Elena into freefall!

I'd hate it to be Matt or Jenna simply because that would take away one of the few purely human elements of the show.

I'd hate it to be Caroline because:
    1 - I love the new bad ass Caroline
    2 - Thinking of Matt losing yet another person is kind of sucky.

As fun as a Katherine/Anyone showdown would be, Katherine would pretty much destroy anyone that came at her, so it's probably not a great idea.

I'm hoping it's Mason, simply because I don't like him. I do wonder though if this death will have something to do with Tyler becoming a wolfy? Kind of narrows it down a bit then.

Jesus, Julie Plec is turning into Ryan Murphy....constantly flapping her mouth and giving everything away!

[FOLLOWING LINKS CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!]:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a282407/diaries-exec-promises-more-mythology.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a282405/diaries-exec-teases-matt-caroline-plot.html

Jesus, Julie Plec is turning into Ryan Murphy....constantly flapping her mouth and giving everything away!

I don't think she's quite as bad as Ryan Murphy, who pretty much gives you a blow by blow of each episode and when you watch it it'd like you've already seen it.
    They give out a fair few spoilers for TVD and yet when you watch the episodes you're still surprised. They give out just the right amount to keep you excited but not enough to ruin it.

Sneak Peek for next week.

Are the brothers Salvatore channeling the Winchester duo?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-208-rose_16.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement