Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

DeWitt wrote: »
    Oh Hex :D He was Troy, right? I like him.
    Feels like forever since the last episode. Good to have it back in the morning. Oh TVD how I've missed thee.

Yeah he was Troy. He's quite a handsome chappy so should fit in well with the rest of the cast :D

I think that break flew in, but there's another one in March so enjoy the new episodes while you can. Sometimes I hate watching American TV at their pace, but with TVD it's on ITV2 at the same pace so we'd have to have all these breaks anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wow!...superb episode on many levels, to those who said Lauren Cohan can't act need to check themselves after that ep. - much much stronger and better written ep.

Very emotional too, scary, romantic. The exploration of a dying vampire was well fleshed out with some great dialogue, she was her most human with her chats with Elena and Damon, but at the same time she's this vicious killer who killed three people + tried to take out Elena.

I got some severe Twilight flashbacks with that wondeful dream sequence with Rose and Damon, the heart fluttered...me being an auld romantic, wondeful scene....very heartfelt. The pain on Damon's face, rose got a great sendoff.

It showed us how much Rose and Damon want to be normal, human...but can't. Then the creepy end scene with Damon's existential crisis, bad Damon is back....his battle between wanting to be human and the reality of his true nature, chomp!

Daddy Gilbert is back, more wolves on the way?....very high body count, 8 dead?....the love triangle of Matt/Tyler and Caroline hotting up....won't all these hot guys just stop kissing her!!

Quite scary when Rose was tryna kill Elena, great tension!....very strong return, it hit alot of high notes and pulled at alot of heart strings, maybe the most "human" episode yet.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-12/

LOL!...apparently if you actually called Isobel's number this happened:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1405406/board/thread/177374362?p=2

To people who can't call, it's basically Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder in character (Nina as Katherine). They were talking about Team Katherine vs Team Elena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Nice review Richard, I'm just waiting to watch it now. SEED ALREADY!!
    Not a big fan of Rose, but your review has certainly piqued my interest. Nice to see Daddy Gilbert back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vampire-Diaries-Klaus-1028460.aspx

110127joseph-morgan1.jpg Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan is nearing a deal to join The Vampire Diaries as legendary vampire, Klaus, TVLine.com reports.
    According to the original casting description, Klaus is handsome, charming, intelligent and the only person who can out-Damon Damon (Ian Somerhalder). The character is often referred to on the sophomore vampire series, because he is one of the Originals. The role would be recurring.

Just watched it now. It seemed to drag a bit for me to be honest. Way too much Rose stuff, but I suppose all her ramblings were relevant to Damon, so it was necessary.

Very interesting that all this time everybody has been going on the assumption that Damon didn't want to be human, or embrace the little bit that he still had and that's why he behaved the way he did.
    It's actually the complete opposite, he wants to be human and misses it so much and knows he can never be that again, so he tries to erase it completely. Well played show.

Sick of the wolves now at this point. I know Tyler's around long term but I hope they kill the rest of them and drop that story soon.

• Advertisement

I thought Nikita had the better return of the two.

I thought Nikita had the better return of the two.

I'm still convinced that this wasn't supposed to be a return episode. I think they were writing it with a view of the episode that ended with Stefan stuck in the tomb was the winter finale. Which would've made the Tyler transformation episode the return episode.

I could be wrong, but Stefan trapped in the tomb would've been a bigger cliff hanger to end it on than Rose (who people generally weren't bothered about) being bitten.

Ratings, both shows did very well! (despite Idol):

The Vampire Diaries
    - 3.330 million viewers
    - 2.0/3 HH
    - 1.6/4 A18-49
    - 1.8/5 A18-34
    - 2.3/7 W18-34

Nikita
    - 2.619 million viewers
    - 1.6/3 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49
    - 1.0/3 A18-34
    - 1.3/3 W18-34

Damon to get new love interest?...his female fans will want her killed off quick then! :-)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a301633/somerhalder-teases-diaries-love-interest.html

New ep. tonight - for those into SPOILERS, Plec/Williamson have spilled loads about the S2 finale, and this SPOILER image just may come through: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/vampire-diaries-season-finale-spoiler.html

Lets see what tonight brings:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link.

Well, I don't know what to make of that episode.
    What the F with repeatedly shooting Caroline in the face?!?!? Not cool show. The torture stuff was pretty gruesome. I was more upset by that than when Stefan was tortured last year, or even Tyler's transformation thing a few episodes ago. I was proper angry and emotional at those stupid wolves for doing this to Caroline. I was thinking Damon better rip someone heart out!! Turns out he did, but it was just some random wolf.....

Anyway, point being, don't be shooting Caroline, and the wolf story was annoying as it was, but now they all need to die, as soon as possible.

^ excellent stuff, i was left open mouth when Caroline was shot in the head!....it came out of nowhere, very disturbing....they used real gunfire too, not tv gunfire sound. The torture scene with poor Caroline was savage!, those damn wolves!

There was a load of 'em as well, thank god that witch turned up or the Savlatore brothers would be the main course for a pack of hungry wolves. So Jenna knows about Elena...loved her speech talking to Alaric, my sister's husband's brother's daughter etc.

How many girls passed out and swooned at showering Damon + sexy bath with bubbles and a babe at the end?....tbh, i'm not sold at all on Dawn Oliveri....huh?, how did those two come about?, Jenna introduces her (per her request) and now their taking nekid baths?

She won't last long, i give her 2/3 eps. and her neck will be snapped. Daddy Gilbert in league with Katherine and Isobel?...'citing!

Very solid ep. with lots going on and action, Caroline was great once again...Bonnie seems all loved up.

Either Damon's new toy is a bit of a floozy, or she's up to something. She is a reporter after all. Still, naked baths 5 minutes after being introduced is pretty much floozy territory even if you're snooping.

I was shocked when they shot her in the face, and was just recovering from it when they shot her again!!!

I'm not swooning at Damon much lately. I don't know what's happened to him, but he's not as swoon worthy as he used to be.... maybe it's his hair... I was shouting YES!!! GET A HAIR CUT!!! when he was mocking Stefan's hero hair. Also his new found emo persona is not a turn on at all. It's like watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy now where he's summing everything up at the end. I don't care about your feelings!!!

Oh and UncleDaddy John trying to get Katherine out of the tomb!!! YES!! Someone has their priorities straight at last. I love how we all thought Katherine was helping Stefan by telling him to find Isobel, but of course it turns out she was helping herself as usual. Love her.

^ Katherine always has an ulterior motive in everything she says and does...it's what makes her such a delicious character, btw...was she getting ready for bed?

Secret Circle going ahead with Kevin: http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/kevin-williamson-joins-cws-secret-circle-vampire-diaries-companion-show-on-hold/

^ Katherine always has an ulterior motive in everything she says and does...it's what makes her such a delicious character, btw...was she getting ready for bed?

I've no idea? Why do you think that?

Am I the only one who really wanted Damon & Stefan to suffer at the hands of the werewolves last night? They got off way too easy.

I've no idea? Why do you think that?

I meant her sexy slip or whatever girls call them thingys they wear.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/ian-somerhalder-on-damons-new-girlfriend-vampire-diaries-death-no-one-is-safe/

Dewit...as long as someone is getting an asskicking i'm good ;)

Am I the only one who really wanted Damon & Stefan to suffer at the hands of the werewolves last night? They got off way too easy.

A little bit yeah. And as much as I wanted to kick Tyler in the face for just standing there the whole time, you kind of get why he's annoyed. Damon did kill his uncle, kind of for funsies. So yeah, Damon especially deserves some sort of comeuppance from the wolves, although maybe Rose dying was it, but that sucks as revenge.

^ the thing about TVD is they try make us care about these vampires, but even when watching Caroline get tortured i was thinking, no what?....this little blonde vampire has KILLED lots of innocent people, so should i really feel compassion?

Often we forget these are cold blooded killers, i know it's more complex then that but on a basic level these vamps deserve everything they get.

• Advertisement

I meant her sexy slip or whatever girls call them thingys they wear.

Oh, no, she's still wearing the dress she had on for the masquerade ball. I thought Elena brought her a bag of things, which I assumed included clean clothes, but obviously not. Or she did, but Katherine just loves that dress :D

^ the thing about TVD is they try make us care about these vampires, but even when watching Caroline get tortured i was thinking, no what?....this little blonde vampire has KILLED lots of innocent people, so should i really feel compassion?

Often we forget these are cold blooded killers, i know it's more complex then that but on a basic level these vamps deserve everything they get.

To be fair to Caroline, I think she only killed that one guy when she was a newbie. Oh and those deputies when Sheriff Mom found out, but that entire police department is so stupid they don't deserve to live.

I felt really bad when Caroline was being tortured, but I never batted an eyelid when Stefan was being tortured. I guess I just like Caroline more?

Oooh, looks like we might get our wish next week....
    (slightly extended promo)

What the HELL!, LJ Smith gets fired...from her own books??????????

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/vampire-diaries-author-ljsmith-fired.html

What the HELL!, LJ Smith gets fired...from her own books??????????

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/vampire-diaries-author-ljsmith-fired.html

Ha! I read this the other day and laughed. She doesn't own the books or the characters because the company hired her to write the stories for them and they gave her the premise for it and the characters. I read that they sacked her because she was going one way with the characters and they'd given her strict instructions to keep it a Stefan/Elena story.

To be honest the books are terrible. The first set that was written back in the early 90's are alright as far as books for young teens go, but the most recent ones are terrible. Character assassination going on left right and centre, totally random story lines, the writing itself is just plain bad, like it's confusing to try and follow it's that bad.

Anyway, it won't affect the TV show at all, so I couldn't care less.

First things first. This weeks episode was a bit different. Lots of story, and barring Katherine, I think everyone was in it, and everyone had lines, and served a purpose!!!
    Also, lots of hearts got ripped out!! Even Stefan got in on the action. Well done Stefan.

Next week...... WOW.

Flash backs, evil Stefan ATE ELENA'S FAMILY!!!, KATHERINE!! Damon tries to kill Elijah!! rumour has it Lexi is in there too

CAN NOT WAIT.

Elijah is one cool m'fu*ker!....badass, he's one powerful dude it's delicious when he's on screen. This Andie Starr stuff...meh, Dawn Oliveri is better then this, give her some arc!
    The most interesting part was Jenna and Alaric, daddy Gilbert is dropping lots of bombs on Jenna...bless her.

I'm not sure if i wanna have Jenna being in that world and knowing everything, but it does open up alot of drama and plot potential, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops.

We basically got the end game for Klaus and Elijah, kinda predictable really....thought there would be more to it. But solid ep. - maybe not as exciting as others but it moved things along.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/vampire-diaries-steven-r-mcqueen-spills-jeremy-and-bonnies-romance-is-real/

HORRID numbers for TVD and Nikita....season lows, all time lows actually......??

The Vampire Diaries
    - 2.793 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.3/4 A18-49
    - 1.5/5 A18-34
    - 2.0/6 W18-34

Nikita
    - 1.886 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.7/2 A18-34
    - 1.0/3 W18-34

A few shows on other networks were down in the same time slot too. American Idol to blame maybe? It's funny, the internets are alive with the theory that because the episode was promoted as a Stefan/Elena heavy episode that all the Damon/Elena fans didn't bother to tune in for it!! Ha! Not sure how they explain the Nikita dip in numbers though? Damon/Elena fans boycotting that too? :D

Web clip for next week. Been a while since we had one of them. Maybe the dip in ratings made them start releasing them again.

Have to say I think I might quite like this Andie Star ACTION NEWS!! lady. I do hope she's more than just Damon's beard though. I hope she's secretly not complelled or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

sorry if it's been asked already, but does any1 know when Season 2 is coming to TG4??

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

sorry if it's been asked already, but does any1 know when Season 2 is coming to TG4??

Thanks in advance

After the last episode just before Christmas the voice over lady said it would be back next summer. So May/June maybe?

Advertisement