Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm really looking forward to
    SPN'S Bela joining the cast

Are the brothers Salvatore channeling the Winchester duo?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-208-rose_16.html
    Lol, I love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm gonna stop linking to individual VD stories on DS, pretty much every day there are more articles....so just go here for the latest news, gossip and spoilers:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/

Are the brothers Salvatore channeling the Winchester duo?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-208-rose_16.html
    I'm gonna stop linking to individual VD stories on DS, pretty much every day there are more articles....so just go here for the latest news, gossip and spoilers:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/
    I love Katherine The Manipulator. The fact that Mason's under her 'spell' too makes me very happy. I'm really enjoying how it's playing out so far

Don't forget!!....ep. 6 "Plan B" tonight.....well, now! :-)

• Advertisement

Friday mornings....nothing beats it. TVD & Nikita for breakfast :D

Pretty good ep. - not amazing but good, some nice twists especially Katherine...so we were kinda right, it was Mason who got the chop!...or was it?

Maybe the main cast member to be killed is
    Matt
    based on the ending with him and Katherine. And poor Jenna!...omg!, now that was a great twist!

Katherine is sooo evil!, poor Jenna compelled to kill....herself!!
    Damon was in fine form this ep. and i liked the Caroline/sheriff mom scenes...i didn't belive sherrif mom wouldn't tell anyone if her memories were kept intact, i don't think she'd be able to handle Caroline as a vamp and might have staked her at some stage.

Solid ep. but not as good as others.

I enjoyed it.
    I love Katherine, she's so deliciously evil, can't wait to see what she does next.
    How about
    the break-up at the end? Paul really gave his all there. I was almost moved to tears. I hate seeing guys cry.

^ yeah very moving a good acting from Paul, it was a bit of a gulp moment...quite heartfelt.

Promo for next week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5atIDxR0y8

I hope they never kill Katherine. Ever!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Pretty great episode. I love how this show keeps up the same pace all season long. No silly filler episodes, and even when there's a bit of a lull you can see it's setting up for something amazing.
    I can't wait for the next two episodes!!

I never liked Mason, so I'm not bothered about him dying, I thought it was hilarious how Damon rang Katherine thinking he was great, and she was shocked for like a second, and then she was in charge again. Love her. I also hope they never kill her, although I don't like her messing with Matty!!

I think Sheriff Mom would've kept Caroline's secret as best she could, but Caroline was right, she'd never have been able to trust the other vamps, and leaving her memory alone would've put Damon/Stefan in danger, as well as Sheriff Mom herself. Caroline is fast becoming one of my favourite characters. If they kill Matt on her as well I'll be seriously pissed!!!

Given the way this weeks episode ended I think it would be too obvious if Matt did die.

I liked what you said about the filler eps. Totally spot on & it's a credit to the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Really enjoyed that episode!!

I thought Paul did it a great job there towards the end. I love Catherine's character. I wonder what she really wants that moon stone for. Anyone got an ideas?

The whole thing with Matt should be good. I think the writer's are making the show really compelling. The twists are great!

Pjays wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that episode!!

I thought Paul did it a great job there towards the end. I love Catherine's character. I wonder what she really wants that moon stone for. Anyone got an ideas?

The whole thing with Matt should be good. I think the writer's are making the show really compelling. The twists are great!

I haven't even got a clue what she wants the stone for. Whatever it is she needs a warewolf for it too, so no idea. I thought she was just using Mason because it was his family that had it, but she said to Matt that she needs a wolf, so now I'm just confused.
    I love how they always answer enough of the questions to keep the viewer satisfied but keep some things top secret for long enough to keep us coming back for more.
    I never thought I'd say it about a CW show, but it is really one of, if not the best show on TV at the moment.

Also, I love how every episode follows on directly from the last one. It makes it more realistic than these shows that follow real time, like every episode is a weeks worth of time. The timeline on TVD adds to the suspense and keeps everything ticking along.

Oh, and one thing I'm wondering now is where is Stefan going to get his little bit of blood from every day? There's no way he'd get a blood bag and only have a few drops of it. I wonder if crazy Stefan is on his way back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Crazy Stefan would be great to watch again!

I completely agree with it being the best show around at the moment. I never thought I'd be as crazy about a programme again ever since OZ. However, I am totally hooked on this.

I do hope that Matt does die because his character really does grate on me sometimes. I know that's harsh but I find him so one dimensional and boring.

I don't mind Matt, I feel sorry for him really. No dad, boozy mother who's done a runner, dead sister, dumped by Elena, dumped by Caroline.....

I really think he should be in care or something :)

Maybe it would be better for him if he did die, harsh as that sounds.

I think it's important to keep the human element in a show about supernaturals, but Elena does a pretty good job of that.

The ratings held up pretty well, as did Nikita (i personally prefer final numbers):

Over on the CW The Vampire Diaries scored a 2.4 rating with women 18-34 and Nikita gave almost half of it with a 1.3 W18-34 rating, though that was on par with its last original. The Vampire Diaries matched season highs with total viewers, adults 18-34 and adults 18-49.

The Vampire Diaries
    - 3.624 million viewers
    - 2.2/4 HH
    - 1.7/5 A18-49
    - 1.9/7 A18-34
    - 2.4/8 W18-34

Nikita
    - 2.815 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 1.0/3 A18-34
    - 1.3/4 W18-34

Good to hear. I feel pretty confident about these two getting picked up for another season.

Web clip for next week, not spoilery....

"I can explain..... we're going to kill Katherine" :)

Never!

• Advertisement

I think it's 100% guaranteed TVD will get a full 22 ep. season 3 pickup, it's a no brainer.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Never!

I saw the description for episode 9
    and I'm pretty sure she's still alive at that point, so no need to panic, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Trent Ford and Daniel Gillies have joined the show along with Lauren Cohan as centuries old vampires, Trevor, Elijah, and Rose. “They have deep ties to Katerina Petrova,” reveals exec producer Julie Plec. “They will be heavily featured in November Sweeps episodes ‘Rose’ and ‘Katerina’.”

^ good stuff...Thursdays are a great viewing night for me now with Fringe/CSI/TVD and Nikita + TBBT! :-)

F*CK ME!!!!...that was utterly FANTASTIC!, i think that was the best ep. of the season thus far, written by Williamson/Plec....it was a brutal episode!, Katherine killing poor Amy like that!, horrific and shocking!, just bam!...no warning.

Tyler is now a wolf, Bonnie has a cousin and fellow witch....did anyone detect an upcoming romance between Jeremy and Bonnie?....i saw chemistry and light flirting!

Caroline was great (again)....fave line was from Damon, "skip the teen drama and just get to it"...i LOL'd at that!, sooo much happened, Katherine locked in the tomb and Elena kidnapped!!!

Just actioned packed from start to finish, the female body count is really racking up!, two more got axed in this ep. - i swear females do NOT fare well on this show!!!

VAM_NovSweeps_Wk3_HR_S.jpg

I don't even know where to start, that was amazing.

I laughed when Katherine killed Amy. It just came out of nowhere. I was expecting her to pretend to bite her, or vamp out behind her to mess with Stefan, but no!! Paralyzed and..... now she's dead!!

I really don't want them to ever kill her off!! I'd swap Jeremy, Jenna and Alaric to keep Katherine around forever. I loved how they thought they'd finally tricked her, and then she's like no, plan G bitches!! Kill me, kill Elena :D

This is easily the best show on TV at the moment. Most shows have these amazing promo's and the episodes never live up to the hype, but this show's promo's don't even come close to the amazingness of the episodes. I can't even watch anything else for like a day after each episode because in all the other shows nobody's ever in mortal danger or stabbing themselves.

Extended Promo for next week....

Oh the linking of Katherine to Elena was a terrific twist!!!...i couldn't belive it at first, i thought they WERE actually linked...but then it turned out to be a spell, i think it would have be better if they were actually linked and not some witches brew....it would have crated HUGE problems down the line and Katherine would be near invincible!

It would have also upped the questions surrounding why Elena looks like Katherine and how they are connected. That ep. was so good i watched it twice!

I'm about to go watch it again too :D

The linking them was genius on Katherine's part. She really is smarter than all of them. Except for getting trapped in the tomb bit. She didn't have a plan F for that one. Or maybe she does.

It's funny, I noticed Elena was wearing a very pale coloured top this episode, and I thought that's weird, she usually wears dark colours. Then it all became clear, blood shows up better on pink than on dark colours!!

I'd love to be in the writers room when they're coming up with things to do. It really seems like they just shout out random ideas and then do them all, but in a really amazing way.

I'm still curious about the moonstone? They implied last week that it sealed the wolf curse, not the vampire curse, so why would she want it lifted? And even if it lifts the vampire curse, why would she want that? It'll just result in her dying, why not just let them stake her?

^ the implication re; moonstone is....Katherine maybe "borrowed" it off someone, perhaps as far back as the 1400's...maybe some uber vamp, even more powerful then Katherine, and that vamp maybe tracked her down.

It might explain why she staged her death in 1860 + now wanting it back, we've got some new Katherine age vamps upcoming, i'm sure one of them is the person who kidnapped Elena.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine the moonstone belonged to someone of a witchy nature originally?

I suppose back in the day when there was loads of ware wolves running about, the ability to control them would've been advantageous to a vampire?

Epsiode 9, I think, is all about Katherine, or Katerina, so I suppose we'll learn more then.

Advertisement