Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yeah I was just saying that over on IMDB. Bad Steffy, very bad Steffy. Katherine even tried redeeming herself, well a little :D and he just left her there [cry]
    I couldn't believe how stupid they were that they didn't think of Isobel's research themselves. They thought of it when they were looking for info on Katherine.
    Am I right in thinking that there's no spell actually keeping her in the tomb anymore? She was just compelled not to leave? So she's mentally stuck in there now, which means any other vamp could just walk in there and be able to get out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that the end of Katherine? I do hope so

TVD really has one very hot cast :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It was a pretty good ep. - but no massive "shockers", ok...i'll give them Eliajah behind the door, but they used that shock tactic too many times!, Tyler transformation was really graphic and gruesome!!!....i felt soooo bad for the guy, bless Caroline for staying with him as long as she could.

I think after this the Tyler/Caroline romance will be certified as a go by the female viewers :-)

Oh, and...first we had Gothic Barbie, and now we have VAMPIRE BARBIE!!!!....lol!, official new name for Caroline, class!!

Damon was also really funny, teasing Elena, her all pouty and annoyed, throwing pillows, great chemistry!!, hope Rose dies soon....not liking her at all, dunno about new Weregirl as yet, she's hot but i reserve judgement until i see more.

The wolf sequence with Damon and Rose was also pretty cool, yeah the shockers and cliffhanger weren't as great as other eps. but still pretty solid.

Nice to see more Alaric in this ep. - Elijah has pretty much laid out his agenda now, i do hope they cast someone good for Klaus.

4/5

EW recaps are always a good read + the comments section is always funyy as it's all "OMG" and swoon :-)

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-11/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that the end of Katherine? I do hope so

TVD really has one very hot cast :)

:eek: - Liz, you're usually on point with your posts...but you want Katherine killed :mad: for shame!

And c'mon!...you gotta add more to the discussion then who's a hottie....don't be such a girl! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Do we still need to use spoiler prevention?

Fine, so
    I believe Katherina is just hypnotised into staying in the cave. Or, at least this is what Elijah thinks. Knowing Katherina I wouldn't be very surprised if she didn't give in to his piercing eyes...Tyler's transformation was great and I love the chemistry between Caroline and him. Next to Tyler, Matt is somewhat ahm...what's the word?....meh.
    I laughed at the Damon/Alaric attempt to trick the new girl into having a go at the spiked drink and got pretty irritated at auntie Jenna, who, oblivious of all the supernatural drama going around, lets Elijah in.
    Bonnie gets on my tits, she's like a five-year-old with superpowers and total lack of common sense. Like it's not really suspicious that two witchers move in and accidentally bump into her. How obvious is it that there's too much going on for it to be accidental?:confused:
    Anyway, liked the episode although it wasn't a 10/10. Still, having seen two spoilers I am verrry excited about the next episode.

• Advertisement

^ no spoilers needed, the ep. was broadcast...we can discuss the current + previous eps., but spoilers or info about UPCOMING eps. must be spoiler tagged. Casting news is OK, minor tidbits about plot should be reviewed and read in case they give something away about upcoming plots etc.

Anyone else think last weeks episode would've made a better cliffhanger for mid season than this episode? I wonder if that's what they intended and then decided to squeeze another episode in before Christmas?
    The whole Rose thing seemed more like your average episode cliffhanger than a mid season one.

^ they did, The CW changed the midseason this year, it's normally episode 10 but CW wanted 11 eps. this year.
    Ratings, season LOW for TVD, Nikita goes nicelu up! :-)

The CW’s The Vampire Diaries was down a tenth in the CW target women 18-34 ratings to a 2.1 rating. While I don’t keep track of women 18-34 ratings long term, the The Vampire Diaries’ 1.3 adults 18-49 rating was a season low. Nikita rose 22% among women 18-34 to a 1.1 rating.

Interesting talking point - The CW mideeason schedule is out, only Hellcats got moved (to LUX's Tuesday slot), but...this means TVD will now face American Idol!, it appears CW are tryna do a face-off, i wonder how it will do?

Interesting talking point - The CW mideeason schedule is out, only Hellcats got moved (to LUX's Tuesday slot), but...this means TVD will now face American Idol!, it appears CW are tryna do a face-off, i wonder how it will do?

There were rumours it was being moved to avoid Idol, but obviously they decided against it. I don't think it matters which night it's on. Given it's on the CW there will always be a bigger show on a bigger network to compete with. It makes sense to leave it where it has established a following.

• Advertisement

Woah!...bit harsh, calling Damon a scumbag????????

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449533,00.html

Ha! I read that earlier and thought the same.

I wonder who the lady is? Probably this new reporter I read about. Or Rose isn't dead? God I hope Rose is dead.

Woo!...Nina was voted best actress in the SpoilerTV fan awards, best love triangle was also TVD, full results: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/spoilertv-2010-awards-and-winners-are.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

This guy: http://people.zap2it.com/p/hal-ozsan/218870
    Hal-Ozsan-228x320-15kb-media-14531-media-131679-1202503868.jpg

Loved him on Supernatural.

Jason Dohring and if he not available then Gale Harold

Ladies, it's Febuary sweeps....get ready to SWOON!

vampfeb.jpg

Wow that's big. Teehee he's looking right at me *swoon*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hi, I havnt looked through the thread (ive only just finished watchin season 1) so this may have been answered already, but does anyone know when TG4 is gonna have season 2 back on? :)

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Hi, I havnt looked through the thread (ive only just finished watchin season 1) so this may have been answered already, but does anyone know when TG4 is gonna have season 2 back on? :)

It hasnt finished Season 1 yet I think so probably late this year or early next year

I'm pretty sure the voice over lady said it'd be back in the summer after the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I'm pretty sure the voice over lady said it'd be back in the summer after the last episode.
    Cheers, I was trying to figure out what she said! So was the last one in the season where Katherine came back?

Cheers, I was trying to figure out what she said! So was the last one in the season where Katherine came back?

Yeah, where she cuts off John's fingers was the last episode of season 1.

Don't forget guys!...brand new episode tonight!!...it's been too long, what happened in the last ep. again? [someone give us guys a recap]

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/love-triangles-and-lies-vampire-diaries-michael-trevino-talks-tylers-new-troubles/

tvdninapromo2.jpg

They might have cast Klaus!!

http://www.vampire-diaries.net/tv-series/tvlines-ausiello-the-search-for-klaus-is-over

josephmorgan.jpg

He's been in quite a few British things. He was in Hex on Sky if anyone remembers that.

Oh Hex :D He was Troy, right? I like him.
    Feels like forever since the last episode. Good to have it back in the morning. Oh TVD how I've missed thee.

*Wow Nina is just stunning in that photoshot Richard posted*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Its looking pretty gruesome for new episodes.I like it but always missing it :(

• Advertisement

Oh Hex :D He was Troy, right? I like him.
    Feels like forever since the last episode. Good to have it back in the morning. Oh TVD how I've missed thee.

*Wow Nina is just stunning in that photoshot Richard posted*

Advertisement