Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I still think Nina Dobrev is worried about her photoshoots and interview money now Candice is on the scene!, maybe we'll see a True Blood type romance between caroline and Damon....scene stealers!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I still think Nina Dobrev is worried about her photoshoots and interview money now Candice is on the scene!, maybe we'll see a True Blood type romance between caroline and Damon....scene stealers!

Well even if that was true, which I doubt, I don't think it would spill over into the acting. Like Nina being a grump even when they're filming fun scenes,

"but Nina your character has just won the lottery and found a cure for vampirism, and discovered her parents aren't really dead"

"IF NINA'S NOT HAPPY THEN ELENA'S NOT HAPPY!!!!" :D

Actually I'd love to see some behind the scenes stuff if that was what was happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

OOOOhhh............now that was exciting!

Loving the new Caroline.....sexy as hell......her character is going to be brill.

I think Jeremy may build an alliance with Damon and then destroy him in the end.....he could be playing a very clever game......build up trust and a r'ship....then kill all the vampires!

Can't wait for Tyler to unleash his inner demon!

Excellent show.......some great laugh out loud moments also.

Roll on next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Loving the new Caroline.....sexy as hell......her character is going to be brill.

She's almost like a different actor - it seems like she was completely underused in the whole of the first season!

^yep...it's like a totally different person on screen!, i'm glad the producers have given her a vehicle to show off her acting chops, finally. The fans are loving this new Caroline so i hope she sticks and not staked :-)

• Advertisement

Web Clip for this weeks episode.... Nothing spoilery.

I wonder how Elena ends up going with Damon & Alaric?

ITV2 will broadcast season 2 of TVD on: Tuesday, 5 October 2010, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Kevin and Julie preview this weeks episode....

The more I see of it, the less I care about the Lockwoods.

^ Kevin and Julie don't look "Hollywood" at all do they?...like your aunt and uncle :-)

Oh...i'm very excited i am :-), not long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Ok, so I liked episode 3. I'm really glad I did because I felt bored by episode 2. I guess I'm not that interested in Caroline's story.
    What I liked about ep3 was the tension between Elena and Damon, I wonder how much longer she'll persist in "hating" him, especially now that Katherine seems to have a plan. Kudos to the creators of the show for making werewolves real wolves, not CGI monsters or actors wearing wigs. And thank you for two episodes of uncle Mason's shirtless chest ;)
    I'm excited about the next episode, read the recap on IMDB and it looks promising

Slightly bored by the wolf stuff to be honest. I just don't care for Uncle Mason at all. Was impressed with the real wolf though, also very clever how they made him transform in the car so that they didn't have to show the transformation, very clever show ;)

I hope it gets better now that everyone knows what they are, and there's more people involved in it.

Excited that Katherine's back. I've heard very good things about next weeks episode.

Two promo's

Clearly that's not Elena playing pool with Damon. Is it?

I haven't seen ep. 3 as yet (do that tonight along with Smallville) but here are the ratings:

Vampire Diaries was up from last week in key categories, including 12% in adults 18-34 (1.9/6), 8% in women 18-34 (2.6/8), 14% in adults 18-49 (1.6/5) and 20% in viewers (3.6mil). Vampire popped back up to premiere levels in adults 18-34 and 18-49.

Vampire Diaries ranked first in the hour in female teens. TVD also beat the premiere of My Generation (if that means anything) in adults 18-34 and women 18-34.

Nikita was flat week to week in total viewers (3.2mil) but off a 0.1 in demos.

Broadcast finals:

The Vampires Diaries
    - 3.559 million viewers
    - 2.2/4 HH
    - 1.6/5 A18-49
    - 1.9/7 A18-34
    - 2.7/8 W18-34

Pretty decent numbers, it went up nicely...in a couple of weeks people will sort out what new shows they want to watch and ratings should settle down for TVD.

Broadcast finals:
    Pretty decent numbers, it went up nicely...in a couple of weeks people will sort out what new shows they want to watch and ratings should settle down for TVD.

I read earlier that this week was the highest rated of the new season, which is particularly good considering that all the other networks shows were back this week too.

Ep.3 was good, but not amazing...but the very end when Katherine popped up totally made up for it! The scenes with Elena/Damon were good...glad that they played out the did Damon know about the ring, be disappointed if they didn't address that.

Caroline got her ring and Bonnie got a reason to still be on the show, Stefan schooling Caroline on how vampires eat, wussy vampires that is. Overall it was ok, but not as good as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Have to agree with you there, that episode was just so-so. The road-trip added very little to the overall plot, just seemed an excuse for more Damon-Elena interaction. Did they get any important information from that trip at all?

I am very glad though that they didn't have a cgi wolf or actor in a wolf costume for the werewolf. The scenes involving them looked quite good.

I guess the writing on the wall for Caroline if she goes bad. Survival rate for female Vamps is already pretty bad in this show.

Have to agree with you there, that episode was just so-so. The road-trip added very little to the overall plot, just seemed an excuse for more Damon-Elena interaction. Did they get any important information from that trip at all?

I guess the writing on the wall for Caroline if she goes bad. Survival rate for female Vamps is already pretty bad in this show.

They learned that Warewolves can kill vampires, but I don't think that was really worth going all the way to Duke for. Oh and Alaric got over his dead not dead vampire wife and tongued Jenna as a result, so there was that too.
    The trip was important to show that Elena isn't having a bar of Damon, and to clear up the "did he see the ring" thing, but again, they probably could've done that without a road trip.

I get the feeling that these first few episodes have been set up episodes. I suppose if you compare them to the equivalent episodes last season, they're much much better, but they need to get it going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Just caught up on the last two episodes. I had the exact same thought about Caroline's character being like a totally different person. Goes to show that she's a good actor to be able to bring this new side out.

I do like the Elena/Damon scenes but there is only so long they can do that backwards and forwards dance without something really tangible coming out of it.

I'm liking uncle Mason from a visual aspect, but I don't think he's much of an actor, to be honest.

Poor Caroline, she made Matt dislike her because she knew it wasn't going anywhere. It leaves a love interest open for Caroline so.....wonder who that will be?

• Advertisement

^ Damon!....i can totally see Caroline playing both boys off each other!
    Damon are Caroline would be the new Sookie and ? ...i just wanna see them cause havoc in Mystic Falls, acting all sleazy, getting sh*tfaced!, slobbering all over each other....you know the sex would be electric!

shinny wrote: »
    I do like the Elena/Damon scenes but there is only so long they can do that backwards and forwards dance without something really tangible coming out of it.

Poor Caroline, she made Matt dislike her because she knew it wasn't going anywhere. It leaves a love interest open for Caroline so.....wonder who that will be?

I agree about the back and forth. They've established now that Elena can't stand him at the moment, so they should maybe just ignore them for a while. There is only so much of "I hate you" "No you don't" that you can do with people before it gets boring.

As much as I liked Stefan and Caroline's scenes together, Stefan's not going to be interested in anyone other than Elena, and Caroline's not going to want anything to do with Damon given how he treated her when he first came to town.
    They're going to have to keep Caroline involved with Matt somehow, otherwise how are they going to have him on the show?

^ turn Matt?...new power couple?

^ turn Matt?...new power couple?

Yeah but if you take into account that their human characteristics are magnified when they turn, Matt would be a terrible terrible vampire.
    He'd be super pathetic, and super sad. Caroline would probably stake him after about 5 minutes.

OH YEAH!!...episode 4, more biting and sucking please! ;-)

Woah!...well played producers, LOVED the start with Katherine pretending to be Elena...but, i knew it was her!!..haha!, and Elena finally meeting Katherine....OMG!, what a scene, tense as hell!

Some nice backstory as well, i also liked the fact they punked the whole notion of silver killing wolves, nicely done + Katherine immune to vervaine....that opens up ALOT of possibilites!

So according to Katherine Stefan's love was real all along and not compelled...are you buying it?, they still have not answered why Elena looks like Katherine? "you're asking the wrong queestion"?

And loved Damon saying to Mason he was a dick!, very strong ep. overall. They've certainly expanded and added new backstory which relates to current and potential future arcs.

Whatever you say about this show, i think it's well written and never dull.

I buy the fact that Stefan did actually love her way back when, and that she loved him, but I'm not sold on him being the reason she's back. She had 145 years to come back for him, why now?

I didn't really like the flashback stuff, probably only because it didn't really go down how I wanted it to. I just don't get why everyone bloody loves Stefan?!?! I can buy Elena loving him, but what is so special about him that he can get an evil psycho vampire with no feelings to love him after knowing him for about 5 minutes?!

The ware wolf stuff became more interesting. Can Mason not be killed at all then? I know the silver doesn't automatically kill him, but surely being stabbed with anything will put you down for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

One fine episode, I say. Good balance between different plots and a nice retrospection. Still, I find it hard to believe that Katherine really loved Stephan. Unless it's the old "opposites attract" truth.
    I have a theory about why Elena looks like Katherine - to be so they'd have to have the same mixture of blood in them. We know Elena has the blood of Lockwoods and Katherine in her so that would have to mean that either Katherine had a thing with a Lockwood (either before becoming a vampire) or after (I know it's impossible but Lockwoods are a special brand too). Or, maybe, Katherine is a daughter of a Lockwood - she's got European roots and so do they, maybe her great, great grandma got pregnant with a Lockwood who promised to marry her but later broke her heart and humiliated her. And now Katherine is looking for revenge? Well, I'm curious about what storyline they'll come up with in the show

• Advertisement

^ cheers, i'm not sure the producers have decided as yet why Elena looks like Katherine, could be genetics, or something more sinister....maybe Elena is Katherine's twin?, maybe she's an evolved cross between vamp and wolf, her memory was erased and she's been living as long as Katherine?...broadcast finals for last night, it seems pretty much every show on every network dropped last night:

The Vampire Diaries
    - 3.183 million viewers
    - 2.1/4 HH
    - 1.5/5 A18-49
    - 1.8/6 A18-34
    - 2.4/9 W18-34

Advertisement