Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

ultraman1 wrote: »
    for ur pleasure,,,,,a[poligies if any gets sick...

Jesus H Christ, where did you find that? I hope it's not from your private collection. I've just eaten lunch and that has done me no favors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jaysus Anto, that's class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

jesus i'm going to stop looking at Antos posts now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

FFS that is sick,worms under your toe nails :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

TRR wrote: »
    Really enjoyed actually racing today and while I feel I could have finished much higher up the field had I not got a marathon in my legs

Definitely. No disrespect to the lads who finished ahead of you, but if you hadn't have run the marathon and were trained up for shorter stuff you would've won that race outright.

• Advertisement

Bollox, think I better get myself to A&E or VHI health clinic for an x-ray. Foot is throbbing.

229362.jpg

Maybe continuing to run on it for that last lap wasn't a good idea after all :o If I were a triathlete I'd tell you how I was in the tunnel of pain and my central governor was telling me to stop but in reality it didn't feel so sore after the initial 10 seconds of pain. Hopefully this isn't a prolonged stint on the sidelines.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ouch. Did you ice it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Feck. Looks like someone else's foot. Hope it's nothing serious. You should probably clip those claws before you head to A&E though. Don't want to be scaring off the nice medical staff.

Ouch. Did you ice it?

Yes, believe it or not that's an improvement on late last night.
    Feck. Looks like someone else's foot. Hope it's nothing serious. You should probably clip those claws before you head to A&E though. Don't want to be scaring off the nice medical staff.

Mrs said the exact same thing to me this morning, they were only cut the other day, I have freaky toenails.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

TRR those toenails look very familiar to my own.
    When I go to chop mine I need a variety of different tools, a normal clippers for the 4 or 5 that resemble normal peoples toes, a scissors for the ones that have thickened too much for the clippers to fit around, a file for the ones that don't really resemble nails at all anymore.
    It's pretty grim stuff.
    This, combined with my love for wearing sandals/flip-flops in the summer, drives my wife mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Get yourself to an x-ray. That looks bad.

I can justify beating an old man in April. Hard to justify beating an injured old man.

You should probably clip those claws before you head to A&E though. Don't want to be scaring off the nice medical staff.

He has the feet of a bird of prey.... Must advise A&E staff to get the adequate insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Hope its ok TRR. Def needs a doctor asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

outch looks nasty, Though your race was over when it happened though your calf or achilles had popped. There wasn't much between 4th and 10th so without the marathon you wouldn't have been far off the top 3/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Yes, I have freaky toenails.
    refer to previous foto ...

Get yourself to an x-ray. That looks bad.

I can justify beating an old man in April. Hard to justify beating an injured old man.

Thanks for the concern fatboy but don't worry about me. I'm all about our showdown in April. If my foot is still sore in April I'll still be able to kick you in the hole with my good foot as I race by you doing my trademark windmill.

With all these "old age" jibes I'm starting to understannd how KC feels when I taunt him over his age :o Bring it on you young buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

get dat leg fixed soon trr,u dont want digger doin the windmill and doin a few strides as he passes u out at mile 29 in febuary

ultraman1 wrote: »
    get dat leg fixed soon trr,u dont want digger doin the windmill and doin a few strides as he passes u out at mile 29 in febuary

I'll be safe enough as long as I have my crutches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

NO ONE wants to see diggers windmill :eek:

don't encourage him :)

• Advertisement

Great name for my arse!!:D

This week has been a disaster in one sense but may have benefits in the long term.

I clocked a massive 4 miles this week, yes 4 miles Thursday evening. I took 3 full days off to let the swelling reduce on my foot. Headed out Thursday and it felt fine although range of motion still not 100% as tender across the top of the foot.

Kids sick, up to my eyes with work in between that, crappy weather coupled with a bit of laziness meant nothing done the last few days. If I had a goal race I would have pushed myself to get out but mentally I'm a little drained as I've had a good few weeks like this the last 6 months and they've eaten away at my motivation/resolve.

As I said no big deal, I'm still technically in my doss month post marathon where I said I'd do nothing too hectic and run when and how far I wanted. Would have liked to do a bit more but have serious mojo for some running now and also the beginning of a 10k schedule that starts tomorrow with some easy running.

140 Days to Great Ireland Run ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

. If I had a goal race I would have pushed myself to get out but mentally I'm a little drained as I've had a good few weeks like this the last 6 months and they've eaten away at my motivation/resolve.

Glad the foot is better TRR

Dont go soft now. If you do, the clown will be coming for you and your PBs.

If you sit on the couch...expect him :D.

(good luck with the 10K training. Im doing a half-arsed programme myself so am very interested in how you go about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

This week has been a disaster in one sense but may have benefits in the long term.

I clocked a massive 4 miles this week, yes 4 miles Thursday evening. I took 3 full days off to let the swelling reduce on my foot. Headed out Thursday and it felt fine although range of motion still not 100% as tender across the top of the foot.

Kids sick, up to my eyes with work in between that, crappy weather coupled with a bit of laziness meant nothing done the last few days. If I had a goal race I would have pushed myself to get out but mentally I'm a little drained as I've had a good few weeks like this the last 6 months and they've eaten away at my motivation/resolve.

As I said no big deal, I'm still technically in my doss month post marathon where I said I'd do nothing too hectic and run when and how far I wanted. Would have liked to do a bit more but have serious mojo for some running now and also the beginning of a 10k schedule that starts tomorrow with some easy running.

140 Days to Great Ireland Run ;)

Yes beat you by .2 miles this week :D

Will have to get my act in gear so from tomorrow. With you Tomo, Eoin and Paddy gonna have to bust my balls to be a scoring member of that team

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Did you bother with the x-ray at all? Reckon you got away with it?

Did you bother with the x-ray at all? Reckon you got away with it?

No x-ray. Had an appointment but missed it. Swelling went down wednesday night so I risked the run on thursday. Definitely nothing broken, well doesn't feel like it. Just a bad sprain. Definite get out of jail card played. As I said the field were I went over on foot is littered with potholes, I knew about them but took my eye off the terrain as I was counting my race position :o

133 days to Great Ireland Run

Mental week work wise and at home, initial aim was to hit 50 miles and maybe take one day off if needed. Things didn't go to plan but c'est la vie. Low mileage week but happy I got out most days. More importantly I really enjoyed the runs. Ran most days on my own and found I worked through a lot of work stuff which was great, before the Dublin marathon this wouldn't have been the case as I would have been thinking about marathon training, splits, race strategy etc so it's nice to take a step away from that and clear the head.

I've changed the title of my log. Everything run I do in the next 18 months has one goal in mind and that's a sub 2.30 in Rotterdam. Lots of things can happen between now and then but to make the time comfortably one needs to put a realistic long term plan in place and that's what I've done. There will be plenty of minor goal races/check points along the way so touch wood the body will hold up and I can give it a lash. More on that later.

This week, all done nice and easy with no watch
    Mon: 6ish miles with Ecoli after 9pm, felt ok
    Tue: hellish day in work on feet waffling for 8 hours and I was spent in the evening. Just about managed to drive home without killing myself so took evening off and went to bed.
    Wed: 7 miles along canal, had under armor gear on as well as leggings, jacket, hat and gloves and was still cold when I finished.
    Thurs: 8 miles similar to wed.
    Fri: 10 miles with company, this was cool again but very enjoyable run just shooting the breeze and having the craic.
    Sat: trip to santa with kids and OHs delayed trip to hair dresser meant I couldn't get planned evening run in, neighbours called in later so couldn't head out late. Pity was dying for a run.
    Sun: 10 mile run in miserable weather, really enjoyed this again. Highlight was running by local rugby club where a match was being played, I could see the steam above the scrum before I hit the pitch, was very impressive and I'm raging I hadn't the phone to take a pic.

Next few weeks will be similar to this weeks so will just run as much as I can. May do a race next weekend for a bit of fun. Not in top shape and not training at any sort of decent intensity level so no expectations or pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Everything run I do in the next 18 months has one goal in mind and that's a sub 2.30 in Rotterdam.

Excellent.

Complete with headphones, especially for RayCun ;)

231739.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Who is that supposed to be, smiling and waving at spectators like that?

Advertisement