Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

TRR wrote: »
    Only minor niggle is my old friend Mr tight hamstring. An old injury that is always in the background but should be fine. APart from that all is going to plan

You should really have thought twice about pacing that marathon back in 2009 you know... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

claralara wrote: »
    You should really have thought twice about pacing that marathon back in 2009 you know... :rolleyes:

2011 smarty pants and maybe you should take a forward look into the mirror ;)

maybe you should take a forward look into the mirror ;)

I did. Wow!! What a lucky group the 3:45 pacees are.... ;)

I did. Wow!! What a lucky group the 3:45 pacees are.... ;)

So that's it! You're definitely not pacing? You're right the 3.45 pacees dodged a bullet all right.

So that's it! You're definitely not pacing? You're right the 3.45 pacees dodged a bullet all right.

Here you just keep your trap shut and focus on those pints you owe me alright. What soft target are you going to set for me this time around?! Snore.

• Advertisement

Here you just keep your trap shut and focus on those pints you owe me alright. What soft target are you going to set for me this time around?! Snore.

Just to clarify, how many pints do I owe you? I think I should be able to go double or quits on Monday. Set a target biatch

Just to clarify, how many pints do I owe you? I think I should be able to go double or quits on Monday. Set a target biatch

Off the top of my head, I'd hazard a guess at 16?!

Top 27!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You'll have to be second irishman home to match CL's achievement in Berlin ;)

menoscemo wrote: »

Oh he'll never match that.

I wanted to give him somewhat of an attainable goal... I'm good like that :)

In any event, I know I won't be going thirsty!!

In any event, I know I won't be going thirsty!!

Leave it out you lot...

• Advertisement

Did that last year already in Berlin ;)

Will have to review past results before committing to bet.

You haven't done it in Dublin loser.

Anyway - I bet you won't beat Gary O'Hanlon... :rolleyes:

You haven't done it in Dublin loser.

Anyway - I bet you won't beat Gary O'Hanlon... :rolleyes:

What's your bestfinish in Dublin? Hmmm yeah exactly I thi k mine is better than yours. Last year I technically beat haille, I may "technically" beat goh this year!

Jesus that was some pep talk you must have got yesterday. You are little miss sassy today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

CL was the second Irishman home in Berlin? :confused:

Best of luck on Monday Dave. I expect a cartwheel down the finishing straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

best of luck on monday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Have a good one Dave. Training clearly has you in savage shape so I hope you get it all out on the course on Monday. You don't need luck and definitely don't need any advice from me!

Set a big PB because i will be coming after it.

Set a big PB because i will be coming after it.

:) I'll do my best

Saturday: rest day. Was going to head out for 30 minute jog but busy day and was tired mentally so left it.

Went to get some bodyglide in B2R today, they didn't hve any and when I asked for alternative lube I was given the following (photo attached). I'm such a child, was laughing all the way home. I'll be bringing it along to McGrattans afetrwards if anybody wants a shot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Went to get some bodyglide in B2R today, they didn't hve any and when I asked for alternative lube I was given the following (photo attached). I'm such a child, was laughing all the way home. I'll be bringing it along to McGrattans afetrwards if anybody wants a shot ;)

Haha, that's the stuff Meno has been using for ages. He thought it would increase his chances of getting some action. The two of you can compare riding cream stories in McGrattans whilst Ken and Frank await the right moment to drop the rufies ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Haha, that's the stuff Meno has been using for ages. He thought it would increase his chances of getting some action. The two of you can compare riding cream stories in McGrattans whilst Ken and Frank await the right moment to drop the rufies ;)

Digger you have a nose for sleaze, as I posted that I wondered how long it would take you to sniff the sleaze out..... 13 minutes on a Sunday morning that must be a record even for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Have a good one tomorrow TRR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Digger you have a nose for sleaze, as I posted that I wondered how long it would take you to sniff the sleaze out..... 13 minutes on a Sunday morning that must be a record even for you :)

I normally wouldn't be up this early on a Sunday but I want to get to bed at 9 tonight and have the obligatory 12 hours of listening about claralara's foot injury to fit in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

best of luck tomorrow .....,a friend(ahem) of mine swears by dis stuff......
    http://www.durex.com/en-GB/Products/Lubes/Pages/Play-O.aspx

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I normally wouldn't be up this early on a Sunday but I want to get to bed at 9 tonight and have the obligatory 12 hours of listening about claralara's foot injury to fit in ;)

I'd never wish deafness on anybody but this is one situation where the inability to hear or lip read would be ideal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Saturday: rest day. Was going to head out for 30 minute jog but busy day and was tired mentally so left it.

:) - whoever came up with the product name is a legend,

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Best of luck tomorrow TRR....

11.5 hours to DCM

Sunday: 20 minutes. Put on the race gear and hit the streets this evening. Legs feel really really good. I can only remember them feeling this good once before a marathon, hopefully they stay that way once the gun goes. Was zipping along at MP and it felt very comfortable even into the wind up a slight hill. I think my club singlet may have shrunk slightly :o, either that or I over did the carb loading :p as it was fine 3-4 weeks ago when I wore it last and if anything I've lost another kilo or so since then. Was fine on run this evening but may not chance it tomorrow, it's a little tight under the arms. Mini wardrobe crisis, if that's all I have to be concerned with I'm laughing.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, this time last year I was feeling a little sorry for myself as myself and the OH had a discussion and thought it best if there was no marathon in 2012 with the birth of TRR the 2nd. Luckily I was able to train for London before she was born and now with a lot of help at home I'm in good shape, about to run my home city marathon representing the area I grew up in and the possibility of a PB to boot. It doesn't get much better than that in my eyes. Some lads dream of playing in Croke park or the Aviva, the thoughts of running through the streets of Dublin and being in the top 0.1% of finishers is my FA cup final and I am determined to enjoy it and accept whatever time I finish with. That doesn't mean I'll be taking it easy, the contrary to be honest. I really want to nail this one. Aim is 2.35 but I'd be very happy with anything under 2.40. Aim is 6 minute miles +/- 5 seconds for the first 10 and once I'm into the run of things the pace will be determined by how I feel, nothing foolish but if 6 minute miles are too fast I've no problem easing off. I plan on hitting 22 and making a push, that part of the course is fast and I can easily gain back any lost time. That's assuming I haven't shot my load too early. Anyway enough analysis, the wind could blow and feck everything up. Time to get some rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Best of luck TRR. Lol at the 'shrinking' singlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aero2k

Well done Dave,

I was looking out for you at 10k but you onviously went by in a blur!

Wonderful running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Did you beat Mooney - looked a bit too pally wally with 7k to go?
    615634_4460851053719_1776234579_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Did you beat Mooney - looked a bit too pally wally with 7k to go?
    615634_4460851053719_1776234579_o.jpg
    They ran across the line holding hands blowing kisses to the crowd ;).

Advertisement